The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.

Old May 1st, 2013, 08:19 AM
DemonicWolf
Evil Cute Thing

Nature: Timid
I tried to get a 3ds emulater, and now I'm unsure if there really is one. I had to go through questionaires and such to get a feature for the 3ds emulater, which I don't want to have to go through.

Basically my question is, 'Is there an actual 3ds emulater, and where can I get it, without fuss. I wanna play the new professor Layton
Old May 1st, 2013, 11:23 AM
DSAHACKER496
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
A 3DS emulator doesn't exist since the 3DS itself isn't hacked yet.
Old May 1st, 2013, 11:48 AM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

Nature: Sassy
Besides that, its wrong to steal current gen games. >.< Noone sells GBAs anymore, however 3DS is relatively brand new. If people don't buy the 3DS, Nintendo won't make a next gen handheld, and then where would we be?

If one was to hack the 3DS, a special program would be needed just for the picture files, not to mention the save files or games. In other words, your gonna have to buy the game or wait a couple (or more) years.
Old May 1st, 2013, 02:15 PM
jesalbeta
Unhatched Egg

I don't think they work well anyways...
Old May 1st, 2013, 02:57 PM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
A friend on MSN told me once she was playing Harvest Moon 3DS on a 3DS emulator.

Not sure whether I believe her, but yeah.
Random girl on interwebz seyz: ''Harvest Moon 3DS ROM + emulator works for me''

...A call to arms, soldier...
Old May 2nd, 2013, 12:59 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
The only 3DS "Emulator" is that questioner one which is just hoax.
There's no functional emulator for 3DS yet. Maybe DeSmuME developers go for it in future :D
Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:22 PM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesalbeta View Post
I don't think they work well anyways...
Like I just said, there ARE no 3DS emulators. Theres only some fake sites meant to get your information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
A friend on MSN told me once she was playing Harvest Moon 3DS on a 3DS emulator.
She lied. >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
The only 3DS "Emulator" is that questioner one which is just hoax.
There's no functional emulator for 3DS yet. Maybe DeSmuME developers go for it in future
Theres people working on it. I doubt DeSmuME is, but I know people are. And as I've said before, there are no programs that open Nintendo's 3D picture files, not even in a 2D format. Even DeSmuME can't solve that.

As for now, just buy the game or wait.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:28 PM
Eren Jaeger
Pianoist

Nature: Serious
Emulator hacking team are working on it.
But there's no 3DS emulator for now.
Old May 25th, 2013, 11:28 PM
hackstar
Check it out!!

Nature: Bashful
I think there should...You can serach on the youtube.

I got 3DS emulator but I cannot get the Bios.I think there is in the youtube.

Last edited by hackstar; May 25th, 2013 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 29th, 2013, 08:39 AM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackstar View Post
I think there should...You can serach on the youtube.

Now I'm angry. I JUST SAID that there is no working 3DS emulator. They're all scams. Just deal with it.
Old May 30th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackstar View Post
The BIOS is the reason why there's no emulator.
BIOS does not exist.
Old May 30th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Tetrakeet
Lilligant's Caretaker

Nature: Careful
Nope, there is currently no way to actually play (emulate)a 3DS game on your computer. If you see an "working emulator that plays 3DS games", it's most likely a virus. I'm guessing it will be at least 2-3 years before it's even available since the 3DS is current gen, but that's just me.

P.S.: Always remember to support Nintendo and buy the game you emulate! ^ ^

Old June 2nd, 2013, 10:36 PM
Mr. X
Oops
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
We might be getting a emulator sooner then you'd expect.

A 3DS flashcart is supposed to be released sometime mid this month. One that can play 3DS games. Cards have been sent out to some sites for reviewing so card is most likely legit.

It's a first gen card so, really, it's going to absolutely suck... But still, it's progress.

And the 3DS decapping project has been fully funded. So, hopefully, some of the secrets that the 3DS's SOC contains will be revealed.

Come play Runescape
Old June 3rd, 2013, 01:10 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

There's currently no emulator for the Nintendo 3DS, but I would absolutely love to see one become a reality!

But, having said that... 3DS ROMs need the NAND data in order to synchronize with the game itself, otherwise they simply won't run at all. So if we were to build a 3DS emulator, we'd need the NAND binary data extracted from the 3DS, and we'd have to first try emulating the NAND data before beginning emulation of 3DS ROMs, because NAND data is important and essential for synchronization between the game and the amount of play coins in the NAND Flash storage.

From what I've heard... there has been a Japanese version NAND that has been dumped somewhere online. I'm not exactly sure if it's true or not, but we'll have to see.

Let's hope that we'll sooner or later hack the Nintendo 3DS, let's start learning some A+ or something and start researching the 3DS hardware data. Because remember... it doesn't have to matter how hard something is, we can achieve it... we can fully hack the Nintendo 3DS. It's just a matter of getting around to doing it and having enough knowledge about disassembling and reassembling computers and electronic devices, as long as you have that knowledge... you'll be bound to start researching the Nintendo 3DS and look into how it's data worked.

The only thing is... only very few people have actually bothered to research the Nintendo 3DS, most people that used to hack consoles like the Wii and Nintendo DS have all moved on to other things and probably cannot be bothered since they're getting older and having less time to do stuff, which completely understandable.

My advice would be to try and do as much research on devices as you can while you have the time.

Remember, nothing is impossible! ;)

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old June 3rd, 2013, 02:30 AM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson0191 View Post
I had to go through questionaires and such
If you have to go through a survey to get something, it's most likely a virus or nothing at all. ;)
Old June 3rd, 2013, 08:11 AM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

I've tried to put this to rest several times for a few simple reasons that I shall repeat now:
1) All current 'Emulators' are viruses.
2) The 3DS is current gen, making it ethically wrong to emulate it.
3) Current DS Emulator creators still have problems (Desmume and No$GBA), and thus will be more inclined to fix current problems than start on new things.
4) Anyone competent enough to hack a 3DS would have to own one, thus taking away the reason for hacking it.

Quote:
A 3DS flashcart is supposed to be released sometime mid this month. One that can play 3DS games. Cards have been sent out to some sites for reviewing so card is most likely legit.
Simply put, I really don't believe this. And even if it is true, it would not be an emulator as it is on the same system. An emulator would be 3DS on PC or other system.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 08:26 AM
TrainerDaniel

Im not sure... i think there is one
Old June 3rd, 2013, 11:08 AM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainerDaniel View Post
*facepalm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainerDaniel View Post
*ragequit*
Old June 3rd, 2013, 11:17 AM
Mr. X
Oops
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweenyTodd View Post
I've tried to put this to rest several times for a few simple reasons that I shall repeat now:
1) All current 'Emulators' are viruses.
2) The 3DS is current gen, making it ethically wrong to emulate it.
3) Current DS Emulator creators still have problems (Desmume and No$GBA), and thus will be more inclined to fix current problems than start on new things.
4) Anyone competent enough to hack a 3DS would have to own one, thus taking away the reason for hacking it.

Simply put, I really don't believe this. And even if it is true, it would not be an emulator as it is on the same system. An emulator would be 3DS on PC or other system.
1 - No. I can name a entire list of current emulators that are not viruses. Current 3DS emulators yes, but not all current ones. Overly broad statement - You need to watch out for that.
2 - Didn't stop a whole list of other systems. gba, ds, gc, ps2, wii... All of those were current gen when the first emulator came out.
3 - Yes, and? These groups will be inclined to work on, perfect, their emulators. But that won't stop other groups from starting their own projects. That said, no$gba still had some kinks to work out on GBA emulation. Didn't stop Martin from adding in DS emulation.
4 - Yes and no. Depends on the type of hack they are working on, and why. They might be hacking it to try and remove the region lock. They might be hacking it because hey, why not?

Anyway, it's progress. It's not a emulator, but a working flashcard is a good start. I can't remember the exact dates but I do think that the DS also had a flashcard released that played commercial games before a emulator that could play commercial games was released. They were crap compared to later cards though, but they still generated more interest in DS hacking. Even if the flashcard doesn't provide helpful information for making a emulator, the additional interest in 3DS hacking that it will spur on will be of help.

Edit - The real limiting issue though for 3DS emulation will be hardware. The hardware requirements jump a lot per generation and they don't really scale equally over generations. Compare the hardware the GBA is based on, and the minimum hardware required to emulate it. Then do the same with DS hardware, and compare the results. The scaling is a lot diffrient between the two. It's going to be even worse for the 3DS.

Come play Runescape

Last edited by Mr. X; June 3rd, 2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 11:53 AM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
1 - No. I can name a entire list of current emulators that are not viruses. Current 3DS emulators yes, but not all current ones. Overly broad statement - You need to watch out for that.
2 - Didn't stop a whole list of other systems. gba, ds, gc, ps2, wii... All of those were current gen when the first emulator came out.
3 - Yes, and? These groups will be inclined to work on, perfect, their emulators. But that won't stop other groups from starting their own projects. That said, no$gba still had some kinks to work out on GBA emulation. Didn't stop Martin from adding in DS emulation.
4 - Yes and no. Depends on the type of hack they are working on, and why. They might be hacking it to try and remove the region lock. They might be hacking it because hey, why not?
1) I of course know that all emulators are not viruses. I use several emulators and ROM hack myself. I was speaking in the context of "3DS emulation."
2) And I'd disagree then like I disagree now. It's ethically wrong to emulate current gen.
3) They'd be inclined. Thats all I said.
4) I assume that would be true. However, anyone who says "I want to hack 3DS's for the fun of it." really needs some new hobbies. >.< (Personal Opinion of course)

Regardless, the answer to the original post: "Is there an actual 3ds emulater, and where can I get it, without fuss" is no.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 12:43 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

I have a 3ds, but I'm neither willing to crack it open or try to start hacking it. I wouldn't even know where to start.
Plus, those things cost lots of money, so when they get cheaper maybe more people will start to hack it, but of course when a newer system comes out. Like a 5ds or something, lol

Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old December 7th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Caramel-O
The dark Cheetah

Hiyaaa! About 3DS Emulator... Yeah there's no working verison on yet... But there's some devloppers teams around the world working on some Betas... but still not published.
However you still need to wait until summer 2014 maybe there gonna be some good news about it!
Old December 10th, 2013, 06:00 AM
RimasLT
My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to RimasLT
Ya all know that the 3DS itself officially released in 2011? People - now is 2013 end.

Old December 27th, 2013, 04:35 PM
bitelaserkhalif
BITE LASER wants to fight!

Nature: Bold
Hey, the 3ds emulator for now is a HOAX.

You must wait for some years like Dolphin Emulator.And If there is a new generation system game emulator now (3ds), Nintendo could suffer a financial loss/bankruptcy.
Old December 27th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Erladino
Dancing with the winds!~

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Erladino
Guys, the 3DS Emulator is always a great possibility. The fact that many of you said it's going to be here in a couple of years is wrong? The 3DS emulator will be here sooner than you think. GameFreak systems have always been difficult to hack into, but nonetheless it's not impossible. The 3DS Emulator will only be compatible with Windows 8, XP and above. It will work with both 32- bit and 64- bit systems. However, performance will be slower in the latter.

The 3DS emulator involves a lot oof graphics and so you can expect it to be a little over 250 MB... Apart from that, if you dont have an updated graphic card, it may be a bit trouble for you. But it's not downloadable at the moment. Do /NOT/ spend a single penny on emulators. They're always free. Anything otherwise is ********.

Chao`
Erlade

Pokemon Rumble Online - A Mystery Dungeon and Rumble MMO in 2D

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links