The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 9th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Aquali Umiko
Roaring back with a vengeance!

Nature: Sassy

Advertise here
Whether or not I get in, I will be following this roleplay. It's very well-structured, and there are a lot of interesting characters. I have basically creeped on every SU.
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Fuyu
Battle!

Nature: Quirky
Synthet, you are right, she has a form of multiple personality disorder and the valkyries are mostly from mythology. I just kept capitalizing it out of habit. Basically, if she had had a more ordinary lifestyle, she would have been comparable to a valkyrie but that hasn't happened and the transformation to someone like that may not happen anymore. :D Hope that helps! Also, according to my spell check it is a proper noun. XD

Old May 9th, 2013, 12:49 PM
ORegan
I'm dating your mom
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthet View Post
@ORegan You are of course welcome to contact me, but I wouldn't decide not to post an SU just because others have. Take a shot!
To be honest, my characters*I thought of two* much better fit antagonistic roles, and the more super villains for the Next-men to fight, the better. Amiright?
Old May 9th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

I've written everything I think except the roleplay sample. I'll get there. EVENTUALLY *cries over uni work*

EDIT: finISHED THE ROLEPLAY SAMPLE! FINISHED EVERYTHING!! i made it when he was first contacted by the x-men, if that's alright. <:

Last edited by Skymin; May 10th, 2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old May 10th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Synthet

Nature: Careful
@Skymin Can I ask why you chose to format your writing sample around when Wildling was first contacted by the X-Men, rather than either of the options provided in the SU template? Was it a conscious choice?
Old May 10th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

because I started writing it and finished it and then I looked and saw that you wanted either the first time or going to the mansion and I was like "oops"

if you want I can write it again d:
Old May 11th, 2013, 01:48 AM
Synthet

@Skymin As well as asking for specific scenario's, I also asked people to write naturally, which I feel you did. I'll let it slide. FOR NOW. No, seriously though, it's cool. FOR NOW. (I need to stop doing that.)
Old May 11th, 2013, 02:25 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

... so... do you... want me to change it or not? haha, it's no hassle.
Old May 11th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Synthet

It's fine. The writing sample is more about me getting a feel for your style and ability, rather than displaying that you can follow instructions, so you can leave it as is.

EVERYONE! I will be announcing the accepted characters on Tuesday. If you feel there is anything you can do to improve your SU, and thus your chances, please do so and let me know of any changes you have made. Also, if you haven't posted an SU yet, it's not too late.

As well as GM'ing, I will be playing the 'teacher' for our new class, allowing be to have an IC presence to keep things moving along. I'll be changing my avatar picture to represent the teacher, and posting their theme song on Monday - just to give you all a little something to whet your appetites.
Old May 11th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Ly

Hey guys! First time poster here, I submit for SU approval: Artisan.

Spoiler:
Human Name: Arthur Sanderson

Mutant Name: “Artisan”

Height: 6’

Weight: 11st 11oz

Appearance: Arthur has a medium-pale skin tone from a few hours’ daily exposure to sunlight. His thick chestnut-brown hair is cut fairly short, but without style. He often goes a few days without bothering to shave, and doesn’t ever grow groomed facial hair. His eyes are hazel green and set close together astride a broad nose, itself above thick lips and a chin that would look better on a more physically impressive specimen of manhood. If he were to work out regularly and gain some muscle mass, he’d not look out of place on any rugby team.

He tends to wear well-fitting clothes that are past their best without being worn out, with many of his pairs of jeans sporting small tears at the knees and heels. He favours T-shirts depicting characters out of Animé series and films or with obscure popular culture references where he wears anything not a solid hue. For footwear, stout black Dr. Marten’s for comfort.

Personality: A very protective and considerate young man, Arthur looks out for people who need a hand; He’ll be there to help someone move a couch or pick up a dropped handbag in passing. Socially he is balanced between being quiet and outgoing, with enough empathy to know when to speak or let someone else do the talking. Usually, he is friendly, and can involve people in a chat or deeper conversation depending on mood.

Until his mutation awakened, he had had a good number of friends across his college and could always find someone to hang with after just a telephone-call or two. Since then he’s become a little more anxious as a natural result of the trauma of his awakening, though to ask him he’d say he’s simply he’s being more cautious. He has taken to solitude, listening to trance and dance music, and more soothing, “chilled out” tracks.

History: Born in England, in a little city called Swindon, Arthur grew up as the younger of two children born to Mr. & Mrs. Sanderson. His father held a position among lower management at a factory making high-speed engineering tools, presiding over a team of some thirty individuals and as such, worked long and hard for five days a week. His mother came from middle-class stock and had been raised to be the proper housewife, but still maintained her own independence of thought and opinion. It would be from both parents that Arthur and his brother Andrew learnt the value of hard work, organisation, and of keeping your ground and being assertive.

Arthur was never destined to be highly academic. At school, he did better with hands-on practical lessons than with academic studies. Teachers found they could show him how to do something once, and he’d get it almost exactly right the next time, but when given written instructions he would struggle to bridge the gap between theory and practise. His parents and teachers were supportive, giving a little extra homework that he got through without complaint. His testing scores put him on the edge of the upper third of his class.

Through juniors’ school and into seniors’ Arthur’s situation remained much the same; anyone could be forgiven for calling his life stable. He did best in any lesson that needed something put together, which many put down to his father’s background in factory work. His brother would help him get through the paperwork side of the rest without doing it for him or taking over. His close-set eyes and big nose and lips earned him his share of name-calling and teasing, but nobody laid a hand on him following a fight in his first year where he bloodied the nose of a boy a year above him who tried to steal his school bag. He was otherwise so personable that few would have reason to dislike him. His looks in turn put off the girls among his peers, so it would not be until he moved on to college that he’d meet his sweetheart.

It wasn’t a typical, bump into each other in the hall sort of meeting. Instead, they found themselves in the same engineering studies class. Her name was Gretchen, and as she was one of five women in the class she naturally got a lot of attention. For the first few weeks Arthur was ignored by the pretty, smart young woman until, after being given their homework for the day, they met in the college library both seeking the same book. There was only the one copy available so they agreed to study it together. As they read, whenever one would reach something they didn’t understand, the other would explain it. Gretchen found Arthur’s ability to put plainly into words a complex process - oftentimes using mimed gestures to demonstrate how machine parts fit together in imaginary three-dimensions - fascinating. He in turn found her capacity for absorbing written information compelling, which drove him to push himself to better grasp the written format. They studied together almost exclusively thereafter throughout the rest of the term.

Such familiarity became fast friendship, which became an affection that deepened into love. But love too rarely runs smooth, and so when a jealous classmate confronted Gretchen in the college refectory demanding to know why she hung around with an ugly brute, Arthur stepped in.

As he put his hand on the man’s shoulder to insist he left his girlfriend alone, the lad struck him hard across the face with a backhanded fist that sent him sprawling. With Gretchen pleading to be left alone, the man grabbed her by the arms and demanded she dump Arthur for him. Infuriated, blood pounding in his ears, Arthur got to his feet. He took hold of the man’s bicep and yanked. The man screamed as Arthur pulled him off his girlfriend, but the man’s friend took a swing before he, too, was screaming. A confused Arthur was left rubbing his eye, and looking at the men writing in agony. The first was howling, clutching his arm where he’d been grabbed. His arm was distorted, twisted round in the middle of the humerus at an unnatural angle, with imprinted fingermarks in his flesh. The second lad was gripping his wrist, shaking from the shock of seeing his knuckles and hand deformed by an imprint of Arthur’s right eye-socket and nose; it had flowed across his face like clay pressed into a mould.

His girlfriend, traumatised by everything she’d seen, fled in terror. The other students in the refectory parted around him, none risking coming into contact for fear of what they’d just witnessed happening to them. Arthur went outside and waited for the police.

The college routinely kept C.C.T.V. operating in its rooms, so the whole incident was captured on tape. The police announced they’d not be pursuing criminal charges, considering that Arthur had acted to defend another person. But that didn’t stop his expulsion for fighting, nor did it prevent the two injured young mens’ parents suing for damages due the resulting bone reshaping and years of plastic surgery coming to some considerable cost.

When the found out what had happened his parents reacted with alarm and fear to his awakening. Having seen the footage of the fight, and photographs of the tissue damage, they didn’t know how to handle this new side of their son. They were proud of his actions, defending anyone from aggression was seen as a noble act, but the fact remained that his power had caused harm. With his lack of mastery over it, it would have been, to his parents, just a matter of time before someone else got hurt. His brother reacted perhaps the worst, rejecting him outright for being a “mutant freak like all the rest.” Gretchen stopped returning his calls and emails, shunning him from sheer fright.

It was on the back of this that the Sandersons found themselves contacted by representatives of the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters. A mysterious, charismatic man named Professor Xavier was offering to settle the legal dispute, and pay all fees, on the condition that Arthur attend his school. There, he’d resume and expand his education while living among other gifted people, people like him. To the Sandersons, financially unable to fight the case much less pay out any compensation, it wasn’t a difficult choice.

Mutation: With physical contact and a little focus, Arthur is able to manipulate almost any solid material he wishes; lending it a similar malleability to soft modelling clay. Materials from flesh and bone, wood, metals, ceramics and silicates such as glass can be shaped and moulded under his touch, retaining the new shape once he ceases the effects of his mutation.

This is currently limited to solids; gases, plasmas and liquids are unaffected. Ice, too, poses a problem. It being a three-state material prevents his power working, making him weak to ice-based abilities. Particulates, such as dust and sand, prove troublesome, as his power’s present need for physical contact with his skin means that only a single-grain layer is affected leaving anything beyond the “barrier” unaffected.

Writing Sample:

After three hours of driving, the staccato spatter of raindrops impacting the windscreen and roof of the family saloon had long since seemed to merge with the g’whrrrm-g’dnk, g’whrrrm-g’dnk of the wipers frantically sweeping water from glass. Arthur sat subdued in the back seat while his father drove, eyes blankly ignoring what passed for scenery on such a miserable night.
“Not long now,” his father said. Conversation had been strained to begin with, and they’d fallen into a silence only now broken. “I hope the queue at Gatwick isn’t long.”
Arthur didn’t reply, and took a bite from his hamburger. It’d gone cold but he ate it anyway. His father looked at him in the rear view mirror, a flick of eyes before returning to the road ahead.
“You miss her, I know,” he offered. “It’s natural to feel down after a breakup.”
“M’h.”
Arthur’s inarticulate grunt was almost routine. His father sighed and it was some minutes before he cleared his throat.
“Art, I know what you’re going through.”
He looked at his dad incredulously. “How can you possibly know that? You saw what I did!”
“I did, yes. But I didn’t mean that…” His father paused, offering a gentle smile back via the mirror. “You’re moving home, school, and country, even. It’s a lot to handle. I went through the same at your age; moving to Swindon, landing a job.”
“This is hardly the same, Dad.”
“I admit, circumstances are different. But you’re still moving to a new life. See it as an adventure.”
Arthur took another bite of his food and looked out the window again. His father let him have his silence, it seemed to be what he needed right then.

The car pulled in to the car-park, and they found a space. Arthur got out and his father joined him, helping him unload his luggage from the boot. They walked in silence to the terminal and were already dripping wet by the time the revolving door swallowed and then spat them inside. Arthur blew a drip from his nose and wiped his face.
“There,” his father pointed towards the lines of airline check-in counters, then turned to him. His smile was still edged with an uncertainty Arthur hadn’t seen growing up, but he felt sure it’d be there any time his dad spoke of him in the future. “I’ll say my goodbyes here, then. You don’t need old Dad holding your hand anymore, right?”
He offered his son a chuckle. Arthur just shook his head.
“I don’t want to go.”
His father sighed again. They’d had this conversation all the day before.
“Son, you should go. You know you should. It’s just the best option.”
“For you, not me.”
“Now that’s unfair.” His father didn’t quite snap, but it was near to it. Why couldn’t the boy see it really was for the best? “You agreed to this already; the paperwork’s been signed. You’re going. You know what we stand to lose if you don’t.”
Arthur hung his head. He knew, but knowing the truth isn’t the same as accepting it. He even heard his father’s voice repeating the words in his head. He looked up as his father touched his shoulder, into a face full of the kind of reassurance he’d never had to ask for. It made him hug the man he’d known all his life, utterly heedless to the passing throng of people flowing into the airport. His father hugged him back.
“Safe trip, Arthur.”
“I’ll miss you, Dad. And it’s Artisan.”
“What’s that?”
Arthur broke the embrace and stepped back. “Artisan,” he repeated. “It’s my new name. Felt right, what with the…” and he mimed sculpting something nondescript in mid-air.
His father nodded. “It suits you. Now hurry, you don’t want to miss your flight.” He paused, then offered his hand, which Arthur shook.

Neither watched the other leave. Arthur picked up his holdall of carry-ons and wheeled his suitcase through check-in, then went to sit in the departure lounge. He didn’t feel like eating; the burger had left a bad taste in his mouth anyway. It didn’t seem all that long before his boarding call sounded and he joined the people taking his flight. Nobody really spoke unless they knew each other, content to let the rest have their personal space and privacy which suited Arthur’s mood just fine. He got on the plane and found his seat, stowing his bag overhead before sitting. By luck he had the window, and despite the friendly-looking elderly couple that sat beside him, he spent the trip staring out of it until he fell asleep.

The rain he’d left behind in London was nothing but a faded memory under the glare of the sunshine beaming down on the Xavier Mansion grounds as Arthur’s taxi pulled along the driveway. Over the empty front passenger seat he could see the huge frontage ahead, lording it over the pristine, neat gardens stretching to the right and left. Clusters and pairs and singles of people dotted the lawn nearer the house, making the most of the afternoon sun. He’d heard the rumours, and hearsay from the taxi driver about what manner of kids were going to the school this year, but nothing prepared him for what he saw. Seemingly every hue of the rainbow tinted peoples’ skins, adding an almost baffling array of colours. Large sat and walked and talked with small and tall and thin. As they pulled up before the large double doors, and got out, Arthur tried not to goggle.
The driver pulled his things from the trunk of the car and set them beside him before bidding him a good-day, clearly not the least phased by his odd destination nor its residents. Arthur looked around. A few glances passed his way from the curious, but nobody seemed to pay him much mind busy as they were with their days. His eyes never stayed on any of the prettier faces, his heart still felt leaden inside for want of Gretchen. A polite voice from behind roused him from his fugue.
“Arthur, isn’t it? Arthur Sanderson?”
He turned. He wasn’t prepared to have to crane his neck, but that happened regardless as he took in the sheer height of the golden-skinned, white-haired and unfairly handsome man he found. The giant offered a hand bigger than any catcher’s mitt.
“The Professor said you’d arrived,” the grip on Arthur’s hand was as warm as the man’s open smile, and he felt himself smile back. “He sent me to meet you. Come on, let’s get your things to your dorm. I’m Carl. Want I should get your bag?”
“I’m fine, I got them.” Arthur fell into step with his things, though he had to take almost three steps for every one of the taller man’s loping gait.
He was given a brief tour on their way to the dorms. Carl pointed out one or two classrooms, chatting mildly as they went about classes Arthur could expect to take, some to look forward to, some to be bored through, always the mild tones and friendly smile kept the air cheerful. The way the other man carried on, he felt like he’d been sent to something more like a holiday camp than a real school. He said as much.
“Don’t let it fool you, lessons and schedules are very strict here. You get some leniency after class, but if you’re late you best have a good reason. Just try an be honest; we have a few mind-readers here.”
“I’ll be fine,” Arthur promised.
“That’s the spirit!”
Carl clapped him on the shoulder companionably. He felt like he’d been struck, and had to force down a cough. They strolled on, and the bathrooms and communal kitchens were pointed out.
“Here’s your room,” Carl said, and pulled a small folder from a bundle in his free hand. “And here’s your syllabus and schedule. I see you’re pegged for arts and crafts. It’s got a great teacher. You like art?”
“Not really.” Arthur shook his head as he scanned his lessons.
Carl shrugged. “Huh. Well, I gotta go meet another newbie. You get settled in. Supper’s at seven. If you’re late I’m having your dessert.” With a parting grin he was disappearing back the way they’d come.
Arthur watched him go, then turned the handle to his room. Inside it was the same wood panelling as the rest of the mansion. Two beds took up about half the room, with clear space for desks pushed against opposite walls, and wardrobes and chests of drawers in the corners flanking the door. One bed was unmade, so Arthur took the other, tossing his holdall at the foot before he lay down. He could hear through the room’s open sash window the sounds of the kids outside, laughter and chatter, occasional calls of names he didn’t catch. His mind ticked over, then he realised he knew how this place felt. If he ignored what he’d seen, it sounded like any sunny day at college back in England. The familiar sound helped with the loneliness and sense of separation he felt, but still it throbbed in his chest.
He had no clue how long he’d need to be at the school, nor if he’d ever see his family and old friends again. Or Gretchen, for that matter. She’d not spoken to him since that day. The lack of contact gnawed at his middle. He picked up and opened his syllabus, hoping the reading might distract him until supper. “Arts and Crafts.” This was going to be an interesting year.

Last edited by Ly; May 11th, 2013 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Wrestling with forum syntax.
Old May 13th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Synthet

Well, today is the last day to post up your SU's or make any changes (make sure to let me know if you make changes, otherwise I might not see them in time!), since tomorrow is when I'll announce the successful applicants.

For now, as promised, my avatar picture has been changed to the classes teacher (along with a few symbols from an old stomping ground). Along with their theme song. Feel free to speculate!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-jgzVHyZd4
Old May 13th, 2013, 12:51 PM
ZX-Omega

Spoiler:

Human Name:
Alexandra Stål (Steel)

Mutant Name:
Foundry

Height:
5'9'' - 6'1''

Weight:
150lbs - 540lbs

Appearance:
Alexandra is a fairly tall girl of Scandinavian descent, with light, fair skin partialy covered with an even distrubution of freckles, most visible across the bridge of her nose and cheeks. Her face, framed by a somewhat angular jawline, sports a cute button nose, full, somewhat pouting lips, and a seemingly permanent, mischevous smile. Above that sits a pair of large, crystal blue eyes with long, curved eyelashes, further arced by a pair of deep red eyebrows and topped by a veritable mane of like colored, curly hair. She keeps it long enough to reach waist length, and swaps between having it flow freely, or held up by a hairband, most usualy when engaging in sports activities or while in the garage.

In evidence of her sport loving, high activity lifestyle, her body is very well toned, fairly well endowed and virtualy devoid of excess fat. Her casual attire of choise usualy consists of a simple sports bra of varying color, a white or black tank top as well as sweat pants and sneakers, the whole package sometimes accompanied by an armless denim vest. More "formal" clothing options rarely stretch further than jeans and a T-shirt, once again accompanied by the same denim vest, and when working in the garage opting for oilstained denim overalls, leather gloves and steel toed boots.

Personality:
Alexandra is in general a very energetic, upbeat and overall positive girl, brimming with energy and motivation. Good natured, fun loving and not one to anger easily, should you however manage to get on her bad side, finding your way back on her good side isn't so easy. She's not much for beating around the bush and tends to speak her mind, most often without any ill intent, providing there are no grudges held.
She's always liked sharing, and that includes her overflowing motivation, and so she tends to always try and inspire or cheer on her friends or classmates to try their very best at all times, something that also makes he pretty good at making new friends.
On a darker note, despite being such a cheerfull individual, she harbours a deeply rooted fear of being rejected, something that was especialy noticable when her powers emerged.
She is also absolutely terrified by chickens, she cannot explain why, they just freak her out.
She holds a passion for anything mechanical, with a special place in her heart for motorcycles.

Initialy, her fear of rejection and the fact she was stuck in metal form for a few months made her resent her mutation, but thanks to her parent's support and after gaining some manner of control over her transformation, she's eased into a more positive outlook, and now genuinely enjoy her status as a mutant.
When in her mutated form her personality takes a slight turn, becoming seemingly more certain and headstrong, and notably more aggressive and stubborn, for better or worse.

History:
Born in Sweden, in a little locality called Motala, Alexandra grew up the only daughter to university teacher Kristin, and motorcycle mechanic Rasmus Stål. Largely due to influence from her mother, her academic performance in school always managed to pass around average, but ended up much more personaly influenced by her father, fostering a love for mechanics and vehicles, spending just as much time in the garage as in school.

As she grew up, her overabundance of energy lead to her parents signing her up for various sports activities, which in turn shaped her to be as fit and competetive as he is today.

Some time after hitting puberty, the sudden onset of hormonal imbalance and her body maturing lead to her struggling with her weight, seemingly gaining weight progressively no matter how much she worked out, and eventualy started to suffer cramps and moments of dizzyness and nausea. Not being one to give up so easily, she presumed it was temporary and pushed on as usual despite the new obstacles.

It finally hit it's peak when she collapsed from sudden and intense pain, right in the middle of her morning jog, right in the middle of the road and right in the headlight of a speeding truck. Due to the intense pain, she noticed neither the trucks frantic horn signaling or it's tires screeching across the asphalt before she blacked out. When she came to, she was lying further away from the crosswalk, facing the truck's totalled front, and herself seemingly unharmed, albeit, very different.

Her mutant "debut", aside from sending the truck driver to the hospital, sparked a media outburst, reaching papers and TV news all over the country, garnering her family more attention than they could cope with, mostly negative. While her parents remained supportive, albeit surprised by her condition, once students started withdrawing from Kristin's classes, and several of her dad's customers and friends took their bikes from his garage, their economic situation rapidly worsened. And with Alexandra's new condition, unable to change back to her natural state for the first few months, she was no longer allowed to participate in gym events or interact closely with other students owed to several accidents and unintended injuries, ranging from bruises to broken bones, and even burns.

After some extensive internet research, her mother learned of the American mutant activist, professor Charles Xavier, and soon established contact with him to gain some expert help on the escalating situation in their home. After some back and forth communication between Kristin and a Xaviers school for gifted youngsters, Alexandra found her parents waiting for her after school, sitting her down for a serious, life changing discussion, asking if she would like to study abroad.

Mutation:
Alexandra can convert her entire body to an organic metal of unknown composition but possibly analogous to carbon steel, giving her some measure of superhuman strength and durability. The nature of her altered form prevents MRI scans, and interferes with X-rays, so it is unknown if she retains a standard internal biological structure and skeletal frame, or if she is solid metal all through. An unexplained ability she gained with it is to produce heat from her entire body. As of her arrival to Xavier's school for gifted youngsters she was capable of reaching temperatures hot enough to cause immediate discomfort by touch, and even first to second degree burns under extended exposure. When transformed, she gains about 4 inches in height, some extra bulk, almost quadruple her original mass, and her entire body takes on a silvery grey, smooth metal texture, save for her hair, which retains it's deep red, but now metallic textured color, and her eyes, now solid crystal blue.

Writing Sample:
Her high pitched voice reverberated through the house.
"5 pounds!?"
Her parents had already left for their respective work, and Alexandra was alone in the house, preparing herself for the usual morning jog, and was standing on the bathroom scale to confirm a creeping fear of hers.
"This is ridiculous, I'm working harder than ever!"
She had always maintained a very fit lifestyle, but for the last year or so she'd been experiencing some very strange weight fluctuations, which had shown signs ever since she reached puberty, escalating over the years.
She gave her own mirror reflection a stern glare.
"If you think I'm giving in that easy, you're dead wrong!"
Throwing her towel at the mirror, she stormed out of the bathroom, prepared, and pumped to face the recurring challenge yet again.

Five minutes later, she's jogging down her usual morning route, MP3 pumping her latest musical fancy into her ears, a little bit higher tempo than she's used to, to motivate more effort.
"Good morning mr. Johansson!"
She didn't hear the old man's return greeting owing to the music, but she knew very well what he said, she'd been running past his house every morning since middle school, and he was a close friend to her family.
Even so, he was out of her sight and mind within a moment, she was putting every ounce of focus on the workout, and the fast paced music certainly helped in working up a good sweat.

And so she continued onward, down the street from her house, through the park, not even stopping to look at the ducks and geese in the pond like she usualy did, past the convenience store, and further through little Motala.
She started to feel a bit dizzy, but kept going. She'd learned by now that the moments were usualy very brief, and carried on in confidence it wouldn't slow her down notably.

She continued to run for a few more minutes, undeterred by the dizzyness attacks, but a sudden onset of nausea which not even her stubborness could refuse, forced her to slow down.
She came to a complete stop by a crosswalk, just outside Motala Sports hall, leaning on a lamp post to catch her breath. This was the worst attack yet.
After a few minutes of rest, it eventualy wore off, but it had drained her motivation quite severily.
"...I think I better get back home."

Not wanting to overdo things for once, she opted for taking the bus. There was a bus stop just around the corner, and if she remembered the time table right, there was one scheduled to pass in just a few minutes. Perfect timing.
She took a deep breath and headed across the street, already feeling much better.
And then it got worse.
The nausea returned near instantly, hitting her unprepared, she nearly buckled over, but this time it was also accompanied by an intense pain, quckly shooting through her entire body.
All she could muster was a pained scream, but it was quickly choked out by the muscles in her neck cramping, and the rest of her body followed suit, collapsing on the crosswalk.
The pain blanked out everything else, unable to move, all she could do was to try and scream, but her throat wouldn't give in to the need, and the last she heard and felt before it all went black, was a strange screeching noise, and her body going cold.

She woke up, no longer in pain. In fact, she didn't feel anything.
She slowly opened her eyes. She was lying on her side, and after focusing her gaze, there was something right in front of her, a piece of scrap.
With a grunt, she sat herself up, to give the object a closer look, and identified it as an air compressor, presumably from a diesel engine on some sort of truck. But she couldn't figure out where it came from, until she looked up.
The entire front was smashed in, and engine parts were spread across the street, the entire thing had come to a complete stop right at the crosswalk, where incidently, she remembered standing just before the pain hit.
It didn't take many moments for her to conclude something very strange had just happened, but the true weight of that conclusion fell on her like a hammer when she noted her hands had almost the same color and texture as the piece of engine she held.

She quickly sprung to her feet to give herself a proper lookover, and the same effect was present on the entirety of her skin, but not satisfied yet, she rushed over to the truck and grabbed it's now freely hanging side mirror to get a proper look at her face, confirming her suspicions when her own, now solid blue eyes gaze back at her from the mirror.
Completely mesmerized by the image, it wasn't until the injured driver's pained grunts snapped her back to reality, and made her realize a large group of people had gathered around the accident, staring at her in a mix of shock, amazement and fear.
Though to herself, a more prominent fear took hold, that of explaining this mess to her parents.
"Oh man, I am so grounded..."

She grabbed the sports bag from the seat beside her before stepping out of the taxi, she had chosen to travel light, to start anew on foreign soil, so the bag contained everything she owned, save for the clothes she was wearing.
The driver had been polite enough to open the door for her, and he recieved a spirited hug for the trouble, "Thanks mr. cab driver!"
"Hrm... You're very welcome miss Steel." A faint blush creeped over his cheeks as the open display of affection seems to have drawn some looks from the schoolyard.
"That's pronounced Stål," she exclaimed for the fiftyeleventh time since she landed on americal soil.
"Pardon?
"Oh nevermind," she sighed as she rolled her eyes. Seems it was something she would better get used to fast if she were to stay there.
The driver shrugged and bid her a good day before he got back in the taxi and left here standing by the front gates.

Not one to waste any time, she grabbed her single bag of possessions and waltzed right up towards the main building.
"Well, better go get myself officialy signed in," she mumbles to herself, then walked up to a giant, gold skinned man, standing out among the crowd like a lighthouse.
"Excuse me, could you per chance tell me where the principals office is?"
He turned around and introduced himself as Carl, and turned out to be, by all accounts, one of the nicest boys she'd ever talked to, though not that the boys from her old school had set the bar very high.
"Alexandra Stål, right?"
He got it right on the first try, being here already started feeling better.
"I was just looking for you, the professor already knows you're here. I'll take you to him."
They both headed inside the main building, and he gave her a brief explanation of the place as they went through it.
"By the way, would you like me to carry your bag?"
She couldn't help but smile. This was gonna be great.

Last edited by ZX-Omega; May 13th, 2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Synthet

The moment of truth has arrived.

You've all made this extremely difficult for me. I've been honestly taken aback by the quality of some of these sign ups and thoroughly enjoyed reading through them. To those of you who haven't been selected, please be aware that I struggled with this decision a lot, and in the end I had to base my decision not only off of SU quality, but how I thought characters would interact and play off each other. You may be called upon in the future! Thank you for your time and your SU.

In no particular order, the accepted applicants are;

@Raikiri playing Hive.
@Ly playing Artisan.
@Retro Bug playing Dune.
@Aquali Umiko playing Les Ouragan.
@Skymin playing Wildling.
@ZX-Omega playing Foundry.

Congratulations, and welcome to the X-Men.
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Aquali Umiko

Thank you so much for the opportunity. I know that it sounds so super cheesy, but I am really looking forward to this. I am honored to be among those selected, and look forward to being a part of this with all of you.

Last edited by Aquali Umiko; May 14th, 2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Fuyu
Battle!

Great job guys! I will definitely be reading this.

Old May 14th, 2013, 03:40 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Congratulations guys! I will definitely be following up in this RP. I hope a spot comes on sooner. great job!

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old May 14th, 2013, 04:46 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
Congrats I'll definitely be following this RP
Old May 15th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Ly

Thanks for the kind congrats, all! I'm very glad to be a part of this. I can't wait to get started! Commiserations to those who applied and didn't get chosen this time.
Old May 19th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Aquali Umiko

I hope I am not overstepping boundaries when I ask this, but has the IC been submitted yet? I have some online courses I am taking through my college, so I didn't want to miss anything when I begin drowning in the work for them. Not saying I won't be active, I will definitely be active, but I won't be on as much as I have been with the few assignments I do have. Online classes= not my forte.

Last edited by Aquali Umiko; May 20th, 2013 at 06:11 AM.
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:38 AM
Synthet

Hey everyone! Sorry about the delay, but yes, the IC thread has indeed been submitted (er, possibly twice. Been having issues with the website double posting things). I've had a bit of a crazy week, but I'm getting things together again, so we're back on track.
Old May 21st, 2013, 01:06 PM
Aquali Umiko

Sweet! And hey, we've all had a crazy week or two, so I definitely understand there. Just today, I found out that there were four or five assignments for my public speaking course that I had not done. Let's just say I wasn't happy and leave it at that.
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:38 PM
Synthet

Ha, let me know if you want any help. I've done a little bit of public speaking here and there.
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:55 PM
Aquali Umiko

For now, I think I am okay. I like to talk (if you haven't noticed ) and so I really go into class and just talk, talk, talk. I find my passionate area and run with it. Now... Today I was asked to be quiet, so I may be doing a little more of that... Heh. If you have had to do an outline though, I see myself contacting you in the near future for help with that.

EDIT: I see that the IC was approved (I may have said a little something-something... xD), is there a specific order that you would like for us to post or is it a free for all? Lol.

Last edited by Aquali Umiko; May 22nd, 2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 03:59 AM
Synthet

The IC thread is now up and active! If all six participants could please make an opening post detailing any experiences at the school so far and their entrance to the classroom then we can get started. Thank you.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:50 PM
Aquali Umiko

If I can't post tonight, I will post tomorrow or the next day. Having a few computer issues.

EDIT: Whoop! I was the first to post! Hope you guys enjoy my Cajun.

Last edited by Aquali Umiko; May 24th, 2013 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here