The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:12 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura

Advertise here
What's something that has, or still does, bug you? Is it hypocrites? Something you said a few years back? Something that the public does that gets on your nerves?

Elaborate and feel free to give a mini-rant too (but play nicely and abide by the rules, please!)

As for me, I just thought of something that may sound petty.. but it was back on one of the "America's Next Top Model" Cycles, where for one of the makeovers, Tyra Banks decided she wanted to give a girl a gap in her teeth.

I'm actually really enraged by that. That's not just a makeover, that is considered COSMETIC SURGERY. What the heck!! And then Tyra tries to vouch for "real women"? Oh come on, then she shouldn't pick a girl and then tell her she needs to go through cosmetic surgery to stay in the competition. Seriously. Cutting your hair is one thing, but this is a whole other matter. She might as well round up anyone tall and thin and give them all botox and boob-jobs!

Yeah. Your turn!
Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:17 AM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I don't like it when girls wear those ballet shoes. It's slightly annoying and makes them look like fairies, ugh. Also when they wear these huge tops/jackets/sweaters and then these skimpy sandals. There's no balance in their look when they're thaat top heavy, it's super irking. Somebody needs to teach them the principles of design.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Blade_of_darkness
War Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to Blade_of_darkness
The one thing that really grinds my gears would be if someone impersonates me or mocks my every word. It makes me want to strangle that person whenever they do that.

I mean, why would they do that??

^ The last thing you see before you die ^
Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:22 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Okay, so when I go to spend the night at my friend's house I always end up sleeping in his bed because he loves his couch more than life itself. He never sleeps in his bed and he has really nice silk sheets so I don't let that opportunity slip. There are a few problems, though.

>He has no blankets. He only has one very thin sheet.
>It looks like there's a glowing tree outside his window because a street light hits a tree at a very weird angle.
>He hangs this freakin' poster on the ceiling above his bed and it's the creepiest thing to catch a glimpse of in the middle of the night.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:40 PM
UltraPyrus
Wizu Wizu!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to UltraPyrus
People that don't type in correct grammar. Seriously, it really doesn't make you look smart at all. As a Grammar Nazi myself, I just can't take it.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:50 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Someone talking to me like I'm too stupid to understand them, if they were to speak normally. I'm surprised by how much this happens to me. Also having people talk down to me- which has been happening pretty much my entire life, and really ticks me off.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old May 2nd, 2013, 07:46 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPyrus View Post
People that don't type in correct grammar. Seriously, it really doesn't make you look smart at all. As a Grammar Nazi myself, I just can't take it.
Oh goodness, I really hate it when someone does that.

I'an tol'rat'it if it's 'ike this, because that's an accent. But if someone talks stupid in general it makes me mad. English is not that hard to use.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:09 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
^This...

Especially your x you're.
Like WTF?! Is it so hard to write it correctly...?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old May 3rd, 2013, 02:13 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
When people talk to me like I am two years old..
Old May 3rd, 2013, 02:32 AM
Penta Penguin
The forgotten/ghost member of PC

Quote:
^
This, all the time.

Also, this is going back just over 2 years, to where I made a big romhacking project, where it was sleepless nights and working non-stop, only for it to get no votes at all and where it was beaten by absolute garbage (which was probably made in 5-10 minutes). I know this is a rant, but it feels as if it's burned into my head, and something I won't ever forget.

The other thing that bugs me is the fact that people talk to me and don't give me time to reply to them. I'm slow in the head, so just give me time.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:26 AM
Esper

Something that can really bug me is when people use reflexive pronouns incorrectly, particularly the use of "myself" instead of "me." It always comes off as pretentious to myself me. Sort of the same with "amongst" instead of "among." I know that at least is grammatically okay, but

deviantart blog pair
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Something little that has always bugged me is when the Australian media reports on disasters that happen overseas (such as the Boston Bombings or 9/11 or tsunamis etc) they feel the need to go out of their way to mention whether any Australians have been harmed or injured, as though it matters.

People are dead, what does it matter if they're Australian? Argh.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old May 7th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Crux
Evermore

Send a message via Skype™ to Crux
5 year olds with cell phones.

That really annoys me. High school should be the earliest that a person gets a cell phone.
Plus, who the hell do you think they'd need to call?! Do you really think it's even safe to give a toddler a phone?

Honestly...

{Never and Forever}

Tees | Coming Soon | Coming Soon
Old May 7th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
- Young children with technology that is too excessive for them
- People that feel the need to inform me I don't look 20
- Black lipstick
- People that complain about how kids in Africa are suffering but only care about that when another tragedy is being reported and try to make one seem more important than the other
- Seto Kaiba

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old May 7th, 2013, 10:06 PM
The Dark Avenger
'Sir'batsky

Lady Gaga
Ann Coulter
People with fake accents
One Direction
"Poor people" with iPhones and Flat Screen TV's
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:15 AM
AWsquared
I know what things are.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
People who wear socks with sandals. It just looks ugly to me.My brother does it and at least he wears black ones to match his sandals but it still annoys me.

Little kids with cell phones too. Anyone under 13 shouldn't have a phone cause the only person they might really call is their parents. Actually just any little kid with technology they don't know how to use well. Like a laptop, why does a 8-year-old need a laptop? Just get a family computer.

How society thinks you must have a boyfriend/girlfriend as soon as possible. If you're 10 years old you shouldn't be concerned about dating. Any kind of affection or feeling at that point is usually just puppy love. At 10, all I cared/worried about was school, playing with friends and Pokemon. Wait until your in high school to be concerned about/start dating.

Lastly sagging. It looks awful and is just getting worse and worse every year. This trend has been going on since the 90s so it should of stopped by now. The trend needs to die soon.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old May 8th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Recluse
The Harbinger of Solitude
Community Supporter

Justin Bieber
Ferrari can't get constructors championship since 2008 and Red Bull is almost always at the top, because they have "better technology" that is surprisingly accepted every time.
Magnets, how do they work?
Injustice in many places, many times.
Old May 8th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Quote:
"People that don't type with correct grammar" is the grammatically correct way to say that. You don't type "in" anything. How ironic.

Anyway, I'm really bugged by people that are judgmental lately. Like the kind of people that look down on people that drink/smoke/sleep around/etc. My tolerance for people doing things that I wouldn't morally do has increased, but that means my tolerance for people that judge them for doing those things has drastically decreased, haha.

'Hoy, small fry!
Old May 8th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

My main thing would be girls who act dumb for attention. Like seriously it has never gotten anyone anywheere ever, please stop ruining my education and screwing up my Facebook feed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajmon180 View Post
Justin Bieber
Ferrari can't get constructors championship since 2008 and Red Bull is almost always at the top, because they have "better technology" that is surprisingly accepted every time.
Magnets, how do they work?
Injustice in many places, many times.
Ferrari not firing Stefano Domenicali at any point in the last few years will always make me question life.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 9th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Nearsighted king of Ice
We'll get to that tomorrow

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nearsighted king of Ice Send a message via Yahoo to Nearsighted king of Ice
It fans my flames when someone asks me for advice and I give them straight forward advice like "then don't do that" or "move on" then they'd be all "that's too hard", then they'd ask for some other advice where they would "read between the lines"...why the hell would you read between the lines when the thing given to you is pretty straight forward.

Another thing that annoys me is when I tell someone gets all competitive, like this one time I told my friend that I wanted some cake and he went all "I just had cake yesterday..HA!!" then I told him "who cares if you had cake yesterday?" then he yelled "WHO THE **** CARES IF YOU WANT CAKE NOW?! I'M TIRED OF YOU ****"...yeah didn't know why he said that...must have been really good cake.

Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?

Black FC: 1592-5761-9212
Pokemon X FC: 2921-9174-9000

Last edited by shenanigans; May 9th, 2013 at 11:23 AM. Reason: censor bypass!
Old May 9th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

People that get my first name wrong, ok its not a common name, but would it kill people to at least try and pronounce it right, instead they chose to call me a similar name that is not mine in an attempt to call me a name they can pronounce more, it is seriously annoying. Learn how my name is said, if you dont know, ask me, I'll be happy to tell you how it's supposed to be pronounced, sorry but I am fed up and will no longer respond if you call me by a name that is not mine.

I also hate it when people make fun of my appearance, I look different than others, big deal. They should keep their thoughts to themselves because their comments about me hurt my feelings.
Old May 9th, 2013, 10:35 AM
HelloAsha
Spoiler Alert!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Spoiled people who feel the need to complain, and act like their life is hard. I'm not saying my life is hard, but I surely have never been spoiled. I've worked for everything I've had, lost most of it, and then some.

It's such a shame to see people get great stuff, and not appreciate it at all.

I'm not jealous, because if I really want something I'll work for it. It's just a damn shame to bust your ass, and work really hard for things that you really want, and watch other people get it handed to them for free, and whine about it not being good enough.

Anyone else feel this way?
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
People who are self-entitled. No, you don't deserve this because you think you do. Go out and earn it and stop whining about something you don't have because "life is so unfair".

Sponsored Links

Advertise here