The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Anime & Manga

Notices

Anime & Manga Here fans of the popular Japanese entertainment can have their hey day; think of it as a little slice of Akihabara.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 11th, 2013, 03:04 AM
Magic

It's that time of the week again :p

Spoiler:
This episode has been a bit odd - I'm not quite sure what the overall purpose of it was, however I've come to two conclusions.

1) The captain-commander is not someone to trust. His disregard for warnings, and driving everyone in to the forest, makes him out to be fairly hard-headed and stubborn. I have no idea what Levi is about to do, but I doubt it will be a permanent solution to the female titan.

2) The female titan is ridiculously powerful. Amazing dexterity and observation skills - she spots incoming attacks from all directions and counters them immediately. Armin concluded that she must be a human-titan, but if that is the case why is she 'leading' other titans (unless it is mere coincidence). I can't see them defeating the titan without using plenty of tricks - and I guess, then, we'll see if there's a person inside her.
Old August 11th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Sheep
foxy foxy whats it gonna be

Nature: Timid
Episode 18:

Spoiler:
Most of the episode was a bit slow (to me) but nonetheless very enjoyable. What really blew my mind was how wonderfully they animated the ending scene with the female titan running through the forest though.. my mouth almost dropped open when she killed those random scouts trying to stop her. ;x; Ending the episode as Levi fired the sound grenade was especially awesome ee.
Old August 16th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Spoiler:
Guys I was rewatching the series today and in episode 5, before Eren and the others head out to fight in Trost, Eren thinks "I won't die even if I was killed here" and then he basically was (!!) in the titan (!!) he was about to die (!!) and he didn't wow also there's a lot of stuff I understand more like in the beginning especially because I kind of spoiled myself and I know about the female titan and stuff oopsies :x

SHOWDOWNGALLERYANIMEPAIR

Old August 24th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Sheep

Watched episode 20 with the amazing TwilightBlade, Olli97, and Miss Doronjo! Yay watch party!

Spoiler:
Slow episode.. lots of talking, especially in the first part plus the long-ish recap at the beginning. It's clear they're trying to slow down with the pace so they don't catch up to the manga. The female titan's scream was done really well though; very creepy! Loved the way the episode ended too but ghhah poor Gunter. :(
Old August 24th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
It's clear they're trying to slow down with the pace so they don't catch up to the manga.
Um... even if they were to do a speed run, they wouldn't be able to catch up with manga... =D
It's slow paced because animators decided to do a slow pace... and it makes fans worried about whether the Female Titan arc will actually be finished... :D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 25th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Nuke

Nature: Relaxed
My friend keeps telling me to watch this, it actually sounds really interesting based on the synopsis. I'm going to have to try it out.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old August 25th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Um... even if they were to do a speed run, they wouldn't be able to catch up with manga... =D
It's slow paced because animators decided to do a slow pace... and it makes fans worried about whether the Female Titan arc will actually be finished... :D
Well, we're on chapter 29 or so right now in the anime and there are 47 total chapters. They animate months in advance so chances are the team has already completed work on all 25 episodes, leaving us off around chapters 34-35 once the season ends.

I just hope the final episode does AoT justice. :'<

And Nuke, definitely do!
Old August 25th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Lamp
Show me your Moves! :P

Send a message via Skype™ to Lamp
I watched the Anime (I'm waiting for a New Episode to come on) but i never read the Manga... so is the Manga Good?
Old August 25th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judai Yuki View Post
I watched the Anime (I'm waiting for a New Episode to come on) but i never read the Manga... so is the Manga Good?
Manga is same as anime.
People who read manga just know spoilers... =)
Manga is slow paced as anime... still nothing is known =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
leaving us off around chapters 34-35 once the season ends.
Hopefully =D They could just stop the little quicker tempo and return to slower pace that was throughout the first 15 or so episodes =D

Old August 26th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Magic

The last episodee was alright I suppose.

Spoiler:
A bit slow, as Cirno said, but the scream was eerie. I'm also pretty confused as to how this whole spy idea can work... why would someone develop titan-power and then decide to destroy/work against humans. Especially since they're obviously not accepted by the titans either.

Seems like a very broken, disorganised character. I guess I'll find out who it is next week!
Old August 27th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Junior Escobar

Those attack on titan feels @_@

Anyways, I'm caught up with the manga and pretty excited to see some scenes animated.

They better be making a season two xP
Old August 27th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

There's an AoT thread?!!! :DDDD

Spoiler:
Last episode was good, but just like Fox said the spy idea doesn't really click with me yet; why would there be a rebel human group when the Titans don't accept them either? It just doesn't make sense to me... ah well, can't wait for next episode.
Old August 27th, 2013, 01:15 AM
Junior Escobar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyke View Post
There's an AoT thread?!!! :DDDD

Spoiler:
Last episode was good, but just like Fox said the spy idea doesn't really click with me yet; why would there be a rebel human group when the Titans don't accept them either? It just doesn't make sense to me... ah well, can't wait for next episode.

Spoiler:
.... Perhaps their is a group of human shifting titans, much like Eren. Maybe the "leader" (if their is one) sees the humans that can turn into Titans more evolved than that of regular humans. So the leader is planning to destroy the last of the human race by sending in spies.

I think the "spy" is seeing the humans advancing and learning about titans to quickly, so that's why the spy is trying to back track them as much as possible by doing all this.

The female titan was trying to capture Eren I believe (correct me if I'm wrong), this could probably be because he is much like them but Eren is on the humans side, that would be to much of an advantage over them and against the normal titans for the human race
Old September 2nd, 2013, 09:05 AM
derozio
my ghost is whispering to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
I don't know what is going on in the anime but I'm here to talk about a few things.

First op and ed imo were much better. Especially the ed. First one was so amazingly animated and sung that it was a piece of art to me. Literally. Secondly, there are tons of doujins on snk available on the internet and I read one of them today which had Mikasa saying -
"Ooh, there is a titan between Eren's legs!"

I LOLd. That is all.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 12:54 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derozio View Post
I don't know what is going on in the anime but I'm here to talk about a few things.

First op and ed imo were much better. Especially the ed. First one was so amazingly animated and sung that it was a piece of art to me. Literally. Secondly, there are tons of doujins on snk available on the internet and I read one of them today which had Mikasa saying -
"Ooh, there is a titan between Eren's legs!"

I LOLd. That is all.
Every anime has lots of doujinshis =)

Old September 4th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Junior Escobar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derozio View Post

First op and ed imo were much better. Especially the ed. First one was so amazingly animated and sung that it was a piece of art to me.
To be fair it's kinda hard to top off the first opening.

I never listen to endings so idk if it's better or not :I
Old September 5th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Antemortem
[INSERT A PROFOUND TRUTH]

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
SO CHAPTER 49 LEAKED omQ

Spoiler:
My thoughts as I read:
  • ERWIN WHAT ARE YOU DOING
  • who just got eaten
  • ERWIN WHAT ARE YOU DOING v2.0
  • Bert are you dead or alive I can't tell
  • Christa lol
  • TITAN THAT ATE EREN'S MUM MIKASAAAAA

damn it

freaking out right now.

Last edited by Antemortem; September 5th, 2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old September 7th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Episode 22 just showed how this series could be even more gruesome...

Spoiler:
PETRA
PETRA'S FATHER
THE CORPSES BEING ROLLED OFF THE BACK OF THE CART TO ESCAPE THE TITANS

And the townsfolk not happy with how many were injured/lost in this failed expedition. :(
Old September 8th, 2013, 04:17 AM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
Episode 22 just showed how this series could be even more gruesome...

Spoiler:
PETRA
PETRA'S FATHER
THE CORPSES BEING ROLLED OFF THE BACK OF THE CART TO ESCAPE THE TITANS

And the townsfolk not happy with how many were injured/lost in this failed expedition.
Spoiler:
Petra's Father... oh god. The last minute or so was great, just to show the variety of opinions on the Survey Corps. They're both revered and loathed, they do a job that only ever seems to bring death, and no rewards.

Showcasing Levi's skills, very briefly, was cool. It was good to establish him as skilled, especially since the last few episodes he just looked glum whilst riding a horse. I think they should have pushed the emotion further, when it came to the stupid blond guy who went back for his friend. Because of him, Levi lost Petra's corpse (with the others) as well as killing another member of the team.

I kind of expected Levi to just abandon him in the field and let the titans have him.

Is that the end of the Female Titan for now? It's frustrating that we basically had five episodes that gained zero progress - still know nothing about her, nothing about Eren's powers, etc.

Dammit :/ I got too curious and accidentally read Manga spoilers. Kill me now.

Last edited by Magic; September 8th, 2013 at 04:35 AM.
Old September 8th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Fox View Post
Dammit :/ I got too curious and accidentally read Manga spoilers. Kill me now.
I never read the comments on anime streaming websites just because of that exact reason aha

Spoiler:
Yeah the scene with Petra's dad was definitely well done. It was just so... sad. Very well done.

And also the scene with the boy gleaming at the Recon Corps was interstingly dealt with as well imo. Eren's reaction to him couldn't have been done better.

I have a feeling the Female Titan is Annie Leonhardt, ever since I first saw it I've always thought the Titan looked like her. Plus she joined the Military Police, didn't she? So maybe there is some kind of conspiracy theory there. hmm
Old September 8th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Chikara
Toucher of Butts
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Episode 22 spoilers~

Spoiler:
I loved the fact that for the first time ever, the anime did something differently from the manga. The whole thing about the dude and his dead friend never happened in the anime. Same with with the Recon corps were returning to the city. Petra's dad talked to Levi in the anime, but you didn't get to see the rest of their families.

I was also super impressed with the animation this go round. The part where Levi was kicking the female Titan's butt was animated reeeeeeeeally well *_*

Aaand spoilers for chapter 49 :3c

Spoiler:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THAT TITAN IS THE TITAN THAT KILLED ERENS MOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Old September 10th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Junior Escobar

Spoiler:
You know something guys... Levi didn't actually get Ivan's crest back for his friend. He lied to the guy and gave him the one from Petra's uniform just to comfort him.

Feels.
Old September 10th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Orifiel
Priestess

Nature: Lonely
Oh, how I love SNK. The plot and everything, very amazing.
I've never watched a great anime like SNK. I've been planning
to read it on manga but I just wanna watch it instead. Pretty
sure there will be a new season since the whole story won't be finish
in just 25 episodes, the current episode (which is 23) is that I've
been also waiting for, In Japan it's fast a release.
Old September 10th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Eulu
Counting Sheep

Nature: Gentle
So I got curious about the show from all of the Tumblr posts and started watching a couple episodes last Sunday to see what it was all about. I thought it was going to be some superrandomomg show with goofy giants running around everywhere, but I was sooo pleasantly surprised. I ended up watching all of the episodes in one day, and I love it. I haven't watched an anime series in maybe six or seven years, but by the third episode I was hooked. This show is so good like woah

And I also hate it.
Spoiler:
As soon as I start to like a character they die, what is this

I'd read the manga, but I'm worried it'll ruin my anticipation for upcoming episodes if I already vaguely know what's going to happen next. :I
Old September 28th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

The season finale aired today.

Spoiler:
Anyone else a little underwhelmed about the finale? I know a season 2 will happen though, and that wait is going to kill me unless I dive into the manga. XD It ended pretty safely, with Annie being captured. I didn't imagine her crystallizing herself, though. That Female Titan arc took like 8 episodes and still little progress. :( It's still frightening how there could be more human-titans in hiding within the walls. Amazing series overall. I haven't felt so strongly about an anime since Fullmetal Alchemist or Madoka.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links