Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Anime & Manga
Reload this Page Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Anime & Manga Here fans of the popular Japanese entertainment can have their hey day; think of it as a little slice of Akihabara.

Old September 28th, 2013 (10:44 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
And Female Titan arc is the last arc where something happens and is relatively fast progressing =D
As for the second season... we all know that it's gonna happen and seiyuus are totally into in but the production did not confirm anything yet.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 28th, 2013 (10:57 PM).
Let's get dangerous

I...didn't really care for this anime, to be honest. I like the concept, I love the Titan designs - they're extremely disturbing even without the devouring humans aspect, and it's nice to see something creepy for a change - and there is more than enough intrigue in it to keep me interested. But it's intrigue born of lack of information, rather than tantalizing hints and real mystery. This anime had real issues with pacing, although with the manga still going, I can see why, so in part I can forgive it, but I have to ask - why did they make this anime now? Surely it would have been better to wait a year or so until more of the manga had been released, or until it had almost finished, so they can do a better job of adapting it into an anime?

I can't see myself really appreciating this anime until they release a second season and start pushing ahead with the plot, though. It felt like a whole lot of nothing a lot of the time to me and, as interested as I am to see where they're going to take it, I feel like I've wasted my time watching 25 episodes of filler and unresolved plot points that are going to take years to resolve, especially since a second season is just a fairly safe assumption at the moment, rather than a tangible reality.
Old September 29th, 2013 (03:44 AM).
Kariyai.
ModeratorCSEO

I didn't even realise this episode was the finale. It felt very drawn out.

Spoiler:
And really they learnt absolutely nothing during the female titan arc, other than Eren isn't special.
Old September 29th, 2013 (11:24 AM).

I already can't wait for the 2nd season!
Old September 29th, 2013 (05:22 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
" Attack on Titan creator Hajime Isayama revealed that he aims to complete his manga in 20 book volumes. Isayama mentioned this during a discussion with fellow manga creator Hiroki Endo (All-Rounder Meguru, Eden - It's an Endless World!) thatEast Press published in the November issue of the martial arts magazine Gong Kakutogi on Monday.Isayama is a well-known fan of martial arts, and Endo's All-Rounder Meguru manga deals with the world of amateur mixed martial arts. Endo discussed the homage he made in the manga to a certain famous match, while Isayama talked about depicting fights in his own manga.Kodansha published the 11th volume of Attack on Titan in Japan last month, and the series has now sold over 20 million copies. Kodansha Comics is publishing the seventh volume in the United States this month.
"
Old September 29th, 2013 (10:47 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Junior Escobar:
" Attack on Titan creator Hajime Isayama revealed that he aims to complete his manga in 20 book volumes. Isayama mentioned this during a discussion with fellow manga creator Hiroki Endo (All-Rounder Meguru, Eden - It's an Endless World!) thatEast Press published in the November issue of the martial arts magazine Gong Kakutogi on Monday.Isayama is a well-known fan of martial arts, and Endo's All-Rounder Meguru manga deals with the world of amateur mixed martial arts. Endo discussed the homage he made in the manga to a certain famous match, while Isayama talked about depicting fights in his own manga.Kodansha published the 11th volume of Attack on Titan in Japan last month, and the series has now sold over 20 million copies. Kodansha Comics is publishing the seventh volume in the United States this month.
"
ANN link would be more efficient.

Quote originally posted by Magic Fox:
I didn't even realise this episode was the finale. It felt very drawn out.

Spoiler:
And really they learnt absolutely nothing during the female titan arc, other than Eren isn't special.
They did learn... in manga... anime beautifully cut the most important part of Female Titan arc just to make a illusion of ending.

Old October 2nd, 2013 (02:59 PM).
an enigma worth being puzzled over
ModeratorCSGTEO

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to LORD ANTE
Quote originally posted by Ash493:
They did learn... in manga... anime beautifully cut the most important part of Female Titan arc just to make a illusion of ending. [/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
This is true. Literally the most important parts of the arc were cut out, since they were post-Annie's endgame, and thus it seemed like they learned nothing. However, Erwin did foreshadow to everything that they plan on doing next season and what they actually did learn/will soon learn with his line, "It's our turn to strike" or whatever he said. I don't remember now, ha. That said, I wasn't impressed with the finale, but it was done alright, save for the needless changes, and the reference to

Spoiler:
Erwin losing his arm in Chapter 49 was flawless.
Old October 6th, 2013 (08:55 PM).
SRK

Nature: Docile
I'm a little late to the party but hot damn!
I've just completed episode 13 of the anime. It has me hooked,
It is rare that a show captivates me. The last ones were Neon Genesis Evangelion, Gantz, and Avatar: The Last Air Bender. After 8 long years finally an awesome anime series has been created! It is flawless the way the story is put together, and how the characters interact with one another.
Now excuse me as I go look for the English song that played in episode 13.

Upgrading Pokemon
Old October 9th, 2013 (07:28 PM).
I'M ALL FIRED UP
ModeratorBS

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Yay, another fan! Also, I can probably guess that the song was The Reluctant Heroes or DOA, if you search either of those on youtube with "shingeki no kyojin" attached, you'll get results. I'm pretty sure those are the two English songs within the soundtrack, and I've been listening to them too, they're pretty good/catchy, even if the lyrics are kind of off-sounding, haha. :3
Old October 9th, 2013 (08:13 PM).
SRK

Where does the manga pick up?
I was excited to watch humans destroy the titans. The force those monsters have is incredible.
Spoiler:
I'm not a fan of Eren becoming a Titan, but the show is still tight, and I'm looking to read the manga soon.

Upgrading Pokemon
Old October 9th, 2013 (08:16 PM).
I'M ALL FIRED UP
ModeratorBS

The anime didn't actually catch up to the manga! The manga publishes once a month, and they only got to Chapter 33, when I believe they had at least 40 out when the anime started. I can't remember exactly, but I remember seeing a note at the bottom of the chapter cover saying something like, "Anime to air in April 2013!" and it was pretty far after the anime ended, so it was kinda odd to see, haha.
Old October 9th, 2013 (11:03 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Fading Tree:
Where does the manga pick up?
It's best to check Baka Updates for these questions first
It's chapter 35 but I STRONGLY advise to read chapters 32-34 as anime edited the end of Female Titan arc so it more looked like actual ending.

Old October 10th, 2013 (03:57 AM).
an enigma worth being puzzled over
ModeratorCSGTEO

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to LORD ANTE
That said, surprisingly enough it didn't end it all that abruptly. There were minor things that were made a little extravagant, like Erwin's speech, but that's mainly for foreshadowing purposes and to leave us with the biggest cliffhanger of all. :P

On that note, did anyone read Chapter 50?

Spoiler:
Hannes dying strung my heartstrings, that's all I can say. ; _ ;
Old October 10th, 2013 (08:30 AM).
SRK

Quote originally posted by Antemortem:
That said, surprisingly enough it didn't end it all that abruptly. There were minor things that were made a little extravagant, like Erwin's speech, but that's mainly for foreshadowing purposes and to leave us with the biggest cliffhanger of all. :P

Spoiler:
Only for those that read chapter 50 or don't mind spoilers
Spoiler:
Hannes! <3 Yummy. I apologize for thinking he was a girl when I first met him. I was like super-desu Kawaiiiiii (my fake weeabou self.) Hannes is an interesting character than gave both insight, and comic relief (in a good way). His view on the situation was different. Titans arent so mindless, but they truly are after one thing. Antemortem do they explain Annie or even get to Wall Maria by chapter 50? (Yes or No.) ...not looking for too many spoilers.

Upgrading Pokemon
Old October 10th, 2013 (08:32 AM).
a moth to flame
AdministratorCS

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by Antemortem:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I did! I wanted to cry; it was just too much for me to handle. ;~; Very eventful chapter but I almost got lost with all that was going on.. though Hannes' death tugs at my heartstrings and I'm almost dreading the next chapter because of that.
Old October 10th, 2013 (08:24 PM).
I'M ALL FIRED UP
ModeratorBS

Chapter 50 spoilers!
Spoiler:
What did you guys think of the smiling titan? The one that ate Hannes and Eren's mom? Why do you think it got eaten by the other titans? I've been thinking and I noticed that it's actually acted different than the others when eating - remember how it killed Eren's mom? Armin said that the difference between the titan shifters and the regular titans was that "The titans' main goal is to eat us, they just kill us in the process. The Female Titan killed to kill." (something of that sort) But the titan killed Eren's mom before eating her, don't you think that's a little odd? It's not like how the other titans would kill the others by squashing them or something like that - that was just to get them to stop moving, but Eren's mom was already incapacitated - why didn't it just eat her, instead of killing her first? I don't think that it has/had the intelligence of a titan shifter, but its behavior was different than the others. Also, I could be reading into this too much o.e
Old October 11th, 2013 (08:09 AM).
mm hah mm mm hah
Gold Tier

Was on YouTube and Node just released a video of them playing an Attack on Titan game developed by a Chinese indie company! The game is browser-based and it's awesome though I'm terrible at it aha. There seems to be no online option, only either single-player or LAN mode.

Here's a link to the game:
http://fenglee.com/game/aog/
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links