Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials
Reload this Page [Question] Shadow Pokemon

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old May 5th, 2013 (07:37 PM).

Hello all, long time lurker, new post. I've run into some issues I can't seem to solve on my own with the essentials engine

So, I've managed to implement shadow pokemon into my game, but I've run into a couple of problems. Firstly, the "scent" items only work if the pokemon is in hyper mode outside of a battle. I don't know if this is intentional, but if it is, then I guess it's working as expected.

Secondly, whenever a pokemon does enter Hyper Mode during a battle (both trainer and wild, I've checked this multiple times), I'm not given the "call" option. I haven't edited any of the code regarding battles or shadow pokemon (I'm not the most competent coder, but I manage), so unless I overlooked this in the Bug thread, or it didn't come up in search, I'm completely lost. I'd love to get this working, and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 12th, 2013 (04:31 AM). Edited May 12th, 2013 by FL.
Pokémon Island Creator

For the first one, in PokemonShadowPokemon script change line 'if !pokemon.hypermode' to 'if !pokemon.shadow'.

For the second question, in PokeBattle_ActualScene, try to change the both '@opponent' to '@battle.opponent'.

Really both are wrong. The scent should be the only item that hyper mode pokémon accept, not to be only be accepted in the hyper mode. Maruno, please correct these issues.
Old May 18th, 2013 (04:51 PM).
Hmm, hmm.

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by FL .:
For the second question, in PokeBattle_ActualScene, try to change the both '@opponent' to '@battle.opponent'.
In this case, the "call" option appears even though the active Pokemon is not a shadow Pokemon.
Old May 19th, 2013 (06:15 AM).
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote originally posted by rigbycwts:
In this case, the "call" option appears even though the active Pokemon is not a shadow Pokemon.
But I believe that this is made on purpose. If you wish to only appears when you are using a Shadow pokémon, in PokeBattle_ActualScene, instead of the change that I listed before, try to change the first '@opponent' to '@battle.opponent && @battle.battlers[index].isShadow?'.
Old May 28th, 2013 (11:30 PM).
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Nature: Adamant
In the Orre region games, you can call your Pokemon regardless of whether they are shadow or not, if I recall correctly.

Coming soon to a forum near you...
Old May 30th, 2013 (11:01 AM).
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote originally posted by Evil Arms:
In the Orre region games, you can call your Pokemon regardless of whether they are shadow or not, if I recall correctly.
But in Orre games you can't run from battles, even versus a wild pokémon (only in a few places in XD). So, I think that the best way is to enable "call" command if you are battling versus a trainer and you are using a Shadow pokémon. The latter requirement isn't too necessary for a game that have Shadow Pokémon, because Run didn't works versus trainers, except in internal battles (I recommend to check this flag too).

Sponsored Links