The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 3rd, 2013, 02:10 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon) View Post
T____T

WHERE ARE YOU SHINY MAREEP
Congrats on another shiny (any shiny not cheated for is a win), but I do hope you get your Mareep soon.

I am now at 850 SR's for a Dratini, with 4250 seen. This SR stuff is crazy, and I am (statistically) just over half way...

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Friend Code: 0877 1355 2214
Friend Safari: Grass and contains Gogoat, Ivysaur, and Tangela.

Feel free to add me, please send PM with your FC so I can add you back
Old June 4th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Brickbusterx

AHHHH! I literally jumped up and down for about 2 minutes when I found this little guy!

Shiny totodile after i'm GUESSING 500 SR's or so. Which isn't that bad at all since I thought I'd be here for weeks. SOOOOOOO HAPPY right now haha.

Last edited by Brickbusterx; June 4th, 2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old June 4th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickbusterx View Post
AHHHH! I literally jumped up and down for about 2 minutes when I found this little guy!
Congrats! I have now seen 5000 Dratinis and still waiting for one to shine.

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Old June 4th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Kitori
[ ICE QUEEN ]
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
So... I've spent my first 900 REs EV training my shiny chimchar (now a level 28 monferno xD). No shinies yet, but I think I might stay in this area for a while before going off to the first gym as there are several pokemon there I'd like on my team (abra, starly, shinx). ;

@Brickbusterx: Welcome (finally)! AND GRATS ON THE SHINY TOTODILE YAAAY :D

@Cheesecake: Welcome! I've added you to the challenge and congrats on the ratatat! I'm sorry you already have one! I hope mareep shines for you soon. Correct me if I'm wrong... you have 3 shinies in HeartGold right now?

Good luck everyone!

Let the storm rage on....
The cold never bothered me anyway.

[ TRADE THREAD | FRIEND CODE | TWITTER | CHALLENGE | PAIR♥]

Old June 4th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitori View Post
So... I've spent my first 900 REs EV training my shiny chimchar (now a level 28 monferno xD). No shinies yet, but I think I might stay in this area for a while before going off to the first gym as there are several pokemon there I'd like on my team (abra, starly, shinx)

Good luck everyone!
I would be too scared to RE for an abra in case it teleports away....

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Old June 4th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Kitori
[ ICE QUEEN ]

@Paulthagerous: My Monferno knows taunt! It will still be a nerve-racking experience if abra shines, but at least I have a guaranteed few turns before it will escape me. xD Maybe I should go after a pokemon that knows sleep first....

Old June 4th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Quote:
@Paulthagerous: My Monferno knows taunt! It will still be a nerve-racking experience if abra shines, but at least I have a guaranteed few turns before it will escape me. xD Maybe I should go after a pokemon that knows sleep first....
Or trade over something that knows Arena Trap or Shadow Tag to swap out if you see it shine? Would that be within the rules if you don't fight with it?

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Old June 4th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon)

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
So... I've spent my first 900 REs EV training my shiny chimchar (now a level 28 monferno xD). No shinies yet, but I think I might stay in this area for a while before going off to the first gym as there are several pokemon there I'd like on my team (abra, starly, shinx). ;

@Brickbusterx: Welcome (finally)! AND GRATS ON THE SHINY TOTODILE YAAAY :D

@Cheesecake: Welcome! I've added you to the challenge and congrats on the ratatat! I'm sorry you already have one! I hope mareep shines for you soon. Correct me if I'm wrong... you have 3 shinies in HeartGold right now?

Good luck everyone!
Yes you are right my starter(quilava) 2 shiny ratatas(more like trolls xD) and now at another 2000 REs since that last rattata for shiny mareep again thanks for the good luck guys it means alot I've been nonstop hunting since I got home from school 6 hours ago. Good luck on your quests :D and congrats on the totodile.

@ kitori I have 3 shinies and 1 badge and be careful with abra I think their only move is teleport you may want to bring a mean look ghastly

Old June 4th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Quote:
Good luck on your quests :D
Good luck with yours, though finding 2 shiny Ratata is better than nothing

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Old June 5th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Janske
Shinyhunter - Trance for life

Nature: Jolly
@Kitori: Hey Kit, I was wondering what have been up to lately:p. I hope you taught your monferno nasty plot since it modest:p. I dunno how serious you take competitive battling or if it intrests you, but I saw you put a post about modest being a bad nature for it. the thing is yes adamant/jolly are the more common ones but modest has it advantages. With nasty plot learning it at lvl22 being a chimchar makes it a good sweeper. Nasty plot, focus blast, fire blast and grass knot would be a perfect coverage

@cheesecake: WTF lol already 3 shinies xD, even though you have been trolled like me but then with spearows haha xD.

@Brickbusterx: Nice nature for your shiny totodile!! Very lucky indeed :D
Old June 5th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Now up to 7005 seen and no shine. Hopefully soon...

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Old June 5th, 2013, 09:24 PM
SoulSilver10112
George the Poliwag

Still resetting, reaching about 8 hours, no shiny.

Challenges:
Heartgold Nuzlocke: Completed!
Pearl Nuzlocke: Completed!
Heartgold Gender Discrimination Challenge: Completed!
Old June 6th, 2013, 05:38 AM

Omg eevee is hunting in her HG badge quest and our race is continuing lets all pray that my next shiny here is mareep because if not she might pass me *bites finger nails* I'm at 4150 REs so far my last shiny came at 8367 Res gah these hunts are long the first one was 7419 good luck everyone!

Old June 6th, 2013, 06:30 AM
PiemanFiddy
Spreader of the T-Virus

Oh this is hilarious.. I've gone 10 years without a single legit shiny, and you expect me to get a TEAM of them? This challenge will last the rest of my life.. ahaha.
Old June 6th, 2013, 07:25 AM
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiemanFiddy View Post
Oh this is hilarious.. I've gone 10 years without a single legit shiny, and you expect me to get a TEAM of them? This challenge will last the rest of my life.. ahaha.
I got 3 on silver throughout my young years with hundreds of hours played. My youngest brother got one within the first hour of his first game. Luck varies from person to person

I was contemplating trying this, but my multitasking is simply not good enough to do something else at the same time, so i will just stick to watching. I'm cheering for you all from the sidelines
Old June 6th, 2013, 08:06 AM
PiemanFiddy
Spreader of the T-Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jespoke View Post
I got 3 on silver throughout my young years with hundreds of hours played. My youngest brother got one within the first hour of his first game. Luck varies from person to person

I was contemplating trying this, but my multitasking is simply not good enough to do something else at the same time, so i will just stick to watching. I'm cheering for you all from the sidelines
Well I appreciate the cheer, but I think I may join you. I don't have hours to waste on soft-resetting XD.

In fact, a friend of mine had to SR like 667 times to get his shiny starter. He was literally SR'ing for about 8 hours straight. (while multi-tasking of course) I just don't want to end up like him
Old June 6th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiemanFiddy View Post
I wouldn't have the patience to do a badge quest, but 3 over the course of the game is challenging. I am getting pretty tired of all my SRing though, hope it comes to an end soon.

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Old June 6th, 2013, 01:00 PM

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME OUT OF ALL THE POKEMON ON THIS ROUTE...

I didn't think it would happen I kept telling myself I would get something new this time but as you can see that was a lie
even with static this hunt still remains to failw ith the same shiny everytime at least this one is a female oh well you must
stay optimistic and never give up let this be a lesson guys if you really want something never stop until it is yours.

@Kitori - make that 4 shinies and 1 badge

Old June 6th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Quote:
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME OUT OF ALL THE POKEMON ON THIS ROUTE...
I don't know whether to say congratulations or commiserations here...

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Old June 7th, 2013, 03:19 PM

FINA-FREAKINGLY AFTER 22240 REs 3 SHINY RATTATAS AND POKERUS THIS BEAUTY APPEARED:

Yes this baby finally appeared a month since I started my Badge Quest I still can't believe it I've never worked this hard for a shiny (oshawott) It had a saasy nature and somewhat vain I don't care if i sucks its here and its mines I caught it in an epic heal ball and now I'm on my way to Bugsy for the 2nd badge and on to abra THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT and good luck on your hunts never give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old June 8th, 2013, 12:44 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Long time no see again!
Sorry I took ages off between posts, I was busy hatching almost 4000 eggs for my shiny Eevee on another game
Anyway, back to this challenge, I'm at 2200 REs so far (Day three of hunting) for Route 30. Obviously nothing yet haha.
Glass- I think Mareep was waiting for me to hatch Eevee.. it appeared only a few days later! :O
It's quite cool to see the difference in spectrum between the new hunters that aren't used to waiting and the old ones who are, from here and the shiny hunter's club hahah XD
Anyway congratulations to the Cyndaquil, Chimchar, Totodile, Ratatta and Mareep (did I forget anyone?) and good luck to all those hunting!

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old June 8th, 2013, 10:37 AM
SubVirus

Username: SubVirus
In order to keep myself from hacking in pokemon or abusing certain tools that I have access to in gen 4+ i'm going to choose something from Gen 3 lol....
Game(s): Because its awesome... Liquid Crystal. and IF hacked roms are not allowed I will do Emerald (but only if hacked roms are not allowed, Liquid Crystal is accepted in most challenges as it is only Crystal remade for gen 3 with harder stuff and a lot of nice features that were not included in FireRed)
This will be something i do from time to time I don't want to burn out my pokemon experience with soft reseting 100000 times to get my starter as a shiny only to take another 100000 times for party member #2. Alas i've wanted to do such a LEGIT challenge in the past so i'll see what i can do lol...
Old June 8th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Sydian
you burn with us

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Hey hon, please remember not to post these kinds of posts. I'm glad you want to cheer everyone on, but unless you're participating as well, just give them their cheers through VM please. :)

Also, to those participating, while I'm totally fine with everyone discussing their challenge with others, let's try to not turn this thing into a discussion thread, please. If you really want to talk to someone about their challenge in particular, just VM them about it, or you can talk about it in the club. Like I said, I'm fine if you guys want to discuss it and such, but this thread seems to be turning into a conversation or discussion thread, which isn't really a good thing. If you want to talk about it as a group, try keeping it in your club, mkay? It's just getting a little spammy lately imo, so yeah, just be wary of that please. Good to see you all getting some shinies caught though! Keep up the good work, babes! x

paired to peeta
Old June 8th, 2013, 02:06 PM

Hey Guys!Thanks for all the congrats it means alot!

After celebrating my victory of shiny mareep I went on and defeated bugsy and the trainers ahead and made my way to the HeartGold gamecorner where I amm now buying abra's it didn't take long to get the coins for this hunt. I'm at 3665 bought and I'm not going to say I'm expecting something soon but I'm making some good progress I also recently started hunting for a shiny moltres that's now at 269 SRs good luck on all your hunts everyone and again thanks for the congrats its a great motivator!

Old June 9th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Kitori
[ ICE QUEEN ]

I started typing replies that were discussion-y before I saw Sydian's post, sorry! ; I didn't want to just delete it so I put it below in the spoiler. Any further discussion direct to the Shiny Hunters Club, please, and keep posts here limited to updates on your progress (new shinies caught, gym leaders defeated, etc)~

Spoiler:
@Paulthagerous: It seems to me that trading stuff over borderlines cheating... but seriously, who wants to risk losing a shiny even if it means skating that line? LOL I haven't done it yet, just been relying on taunt for now... I guess I'll think about it, but I wont say people cant trade stuff over for this purpose.

@PiemanFiddy: It makes me sad when people refer to shiny hunting as time wasting, but I guess I can see how people would find it tedious. ; Honestly I find EV training super tedious as well (though I know it's a lot easier in BW2 now)... though I guess having a shiny pokemon isn't a strategic advantage at all. Honestly, I find shiny hunting a great wind-down mindless activity. I do it while watching TV, listening to audio books, and before the semester ended I did it while studying for class. But honestly, I've always done thing that are tedious in video games and found them soothing haha. I spend hours power-leveling my team in every RPG I play, I would grind for rare items in World of Warcraft, I took the time to get every item in FFXIII and platinum the game for PS3. xD I guess I like boring "time-wastey" stuff.

@Cheesecake: Congrats on the shiny mareep! I know I already said it, but I love it soooo much. *_*

@TSE: I like seeing the contrast between new hunters and battle-worn ones as well! xD I'm glad this challenge brought us some newbies and even converted some to our club~ Hehe

@SubVirus: Welcome! I think using a hacked ROM is fine as long as the chances of getting a shiny are the same~ Good luck. =D

I've updated the challengers list. Let me know if I missed any accomplishments. :3

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links