The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 22nd, 2013, 03:04 PM
Aslan
the pretender

The Pokétch was an item introduced in D/P/Pt. Basically it was a watch with various apps on it such as the Memo Pad, where you could jot down notes quickly and a friendship checker. It also told the time while having other various interesting apps such as 'Coin Flip' and the Dowsing Machine which could find invisible items. Overall, you could get more and more apps as your journey continued.

My question to you is, did you like the Pokétch? Would you of preferred to have a device like the Pokenav or the Pokegear instead? Did you have any apps you particularly liked? And remember to give reasons on why, they're always good! Without further ado, discuss!
Old April 22nd, 2013, 03:10 PM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
The Pokétch was awesome. I loved the apps who were in it. Like the app you could see if your PKMNs were happy with you, and all. However, I would prefer if they added the map card and a phone card in the Pokétch. Would've been a lot easier to communicate with others or checking map.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server

Last edited by Rϵd; April 23rd, 2013 at 03:21 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:53 PM
Hikamaru
Ωmega and αlpha
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I loved the Poketch, it had some neat apps that sometimes came in handy. My faves were the Friendship Checker (so I could check my Pokemon's happiness rate), Daycare Checker (which helped me see if my Pokemon laid an egg), Pedometer (handy for resetting the Vs. Seeker!) and the Digital Clock (cos I always want a clock). I would have liked to see it have functions like the Xtransceiver in 5th Gen but with all the apps included but it was still a nice handy item to use throughout the game.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:59 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
It was a neat gadget with some pretty useful apps so it's probably one of the best 'devices' out of all generations. The daycare center app was extremely useful, as well as the memopad (I think?) for tracking down Mesprit and Cresselia. I also liked how over the course of the game you could get more, although I would have preferred if many of them weren't just given to you by their developer in Jubilife.

Last edited by curiousnathan; May 1st, 2013 at 03:02 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:10 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
The Poketch was a pretty interesting device that you're given, and it really showed that Pokemon had moved on from just a single screen experience. I didn't use it all that much, except for when I was attempting to chain Pokemon to find shinies (which I proved to be pretty bad at), and the Marking Map when I was trying to catch the roaming legendaries. The one app that I always seemed to leave it on, though, was the Dowsing Machine. I always love looking for hidden items, and this version of the Dowsing Machine made it a lot easier to find them rather than just pointing you in their general direction.

Pokémon Trainer Brendan wants to battle!
Grovyle (Lv. 32) - Overgrow - (Leaf Blade, Energy Ball)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament: FINALE
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:15 AM
Treetwig
Banned for being awesome

Nature: Jolly
i really like this feature on pokemon i like the apps like map and dowsing machine
Old April 23rd, 2013, 06:14 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I didn't mind it. I liked having the time displayed clearly on the bottom screen. I also liked having some of the applications such as the friendship tracker, or the dowsing machine. They saved me a lot of time. Though a lot of the applications were useless.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 06:42 AM
Diversion
Mega Aerodactyl.

Nature: Serious
The Pokétch is pretty useful.
But I only used the Marking Map, Digital Clock, Daycare Checker and the Dowsing.
Well, I really hated some apps. I can just refer to them as nothing.
Old April 30th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Recluse
The Harbinger of Solitude
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
The most useful apps I've used in Poketch were the Daycare checker, Pedometer and the Map.
Old May 1st, 2013, 06:21 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I liked the Pokétch, as it had a bunch of neat functions like a happiness checker, pedometer and coin flip. I would've liked it even more if it had a main menu interface so that I won't have to cycle between apps.

Old May 1st, 2013, 06:37 AM
pokem0nprincess

Nature: Quirky
I thought it was really neat. It provided ways to have a map and/or team right on screen at all times, and collecting the new apps was fun and exciting. But I wish it would have been part of a Pokegear with Match Calls.
Old May 1st, 2013, 07:01 AM
Kitori
[ ICE QUEEN ]
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
I loved it! I wish it was still in the current gen. I think my favorite was the pedometer, though a lot of people thought it was useless? I did a ton of breeding in Gen IV and I liked to know approximately how many more steps I needed to hatch an egg.

Let the storm rage on....
The cold never bothered me anyway.

[ TRADE THREAD | FRIEND CODE | TWITTER | CHALLENGE | PAIR♥]

Old May 1st, 2013, 08:25 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I felt it was very useful that the gear in past games. My favorite thing about it was the calalator which help me with EV training.
Old May 1st, 2013, 02:56 PM
Cassiopeiia
Floating

Nature: Bashful
I love the Pokétch!
It's by far the best use they've made of the touch-screen in any of the DS-games, well, in my opinion that is.

The digital watch, pedometer, dowsing machine and marking map are all cool and handy, as you lot mentioned.
Two of my personal favourites though are the move tester and the dot artist app. Yes, I sometimes do forget the type effectiveness of certain matchups, so it can be helpful.
As for the dot artist app, I simply enjoy making patterns and images with it. *~*
Old May 1st, 2013, 03:36 PM
Golden Warrior
Pokemon Professor

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Warrior
Ah, the Poketech. I loved that added feature and really wish it had stayed. I liked playing around with the marking map, doing things like marking locations of legendary encounters (or shinies). I usually have it set on the clock to keep track of time while I play, but otherwise I use pretty much every "app" it has.

Oh, and the Kecleon app you can get is allot of fun. Always set it to blue. :D

Oh, watching Pokemon bounce around the screen is a fun little screen saver too.

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.
Old May 1st, 2013, 06:03 PM
Emfg

I seriously loved the Poketch. After that the Pokegear. The thing they implemented in BW/BW2 has to be the worst thing they added tbh. Something designed so specifically for wi-fi/streetpass seriously annoyed me as I can't access wi-fi with my nintendo lite.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:20 AM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

The Poketch was amazing and very helpful. I tend to keep in on the digital clock app, since I pretty much always need to see what time it is. The Daycare app is also useful, especially if I haven't played Pearl in a while and can't remember if I have something in the Daycare and if they have an egg or not. Plus, the drawing app is a lot of fun!
Old May 2nd, 2013, 11:01 AM
Sheep
im actually a foot model

Nature: Timid
The Poketch was all right. I admit I was a lot more used to the PokeNav so it'd have been nice if this item was a bit more similar to it. It did have some amazing uses though, like the breeding and party apps!

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3
Avatar by Lilith | Signature by Achromatic
Old May 3rd, 2013, 01:25 AM
Yukari Yakumo
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yukari Yakumo
I liked the Poketch and it's various apps. It had the type checker for those who were newer, the Map, so you won't get lost (it also helped with roaming Pokemon), and the simple clock app...a great addition, and one of the reasons why Gen 4 was my fav gen.
pairs
family
credit
theme
Old May 3rd, 2013, 03:05 AM
Aurora

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Aurora
The Poketch was one of my favourite components of Pokemon Diamond. The omnipresent multi-functional device, with its numerous convenient and entertaining mini-applications (such as the simple clock, the drawing application, the cooking timer and the log of Pokemon caught) really added substance to the game, and the whole concept of it was new and exciting to me (I didn't see the PokeNav until a little bit later, and I found it somewhat lacking in comparison to the Poketch.)
Old May 3rd, 2013, 05:09 PM
UltraPyrus
Wizu Wizu!

Send a message via Skype™ to UltraPyrus
I liked it, it was especially useful for breeding and counting your steps until your egg hatches.
Old May 5th, 2013, 04:48 AM
Warship
異議あり!

it was pretty functional though some apps were plain useless. i usually kept it at party viewer because that way i could see how my pokemon's hp was. daycare app was pretty useful too for breeding purposes but i think they should have added a phone app to it as well like pokegear. it would have been a cool addition.
Growlithe - Charmeleon - Braixen
Old May 6th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Hidden Power

My favorite apps were the one that shew when an egg was laid at Day-Care and the one used to find hidden items.
Old May 28th, 2013, 02:37 AM
Starry Windy
Ride the currents with us.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I like Pokétch because it's very handy. The features that I like are Digital Clock (for checking time), Friendship Checker, Dowsing Machine to seek some hidden items, Berry Searcher, and also Marking Map (to search for running Legendaries).
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links