Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old November 4th, 2013 (7:26 PM). Edited November 4th, 2013 by Ineedausername123.
Ineedausername123 Ineedausername123 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Under your bed
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Posts: 17
This is an example of my work, is it ok?
Attached Images
File Type: png BulletTempoREDO.png‎ (60.0 KB, 5 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Relevant Advertising!

  #102    
Old November 4th, 2013 (7:35 PM).
Silais's Avatar
Silais Silais is offline
That useless reptile
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Female
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedausername123 View Post
This is an example of my work, is it ok?
Yes, it's very good . Very similar to the show!
__________________
  #103    
Old November 4th, 2013 (7:46 PM).
Ineedausername123 Ineedausername123 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Under your bed
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Posts: 17
Then would you mind if I tried?
  #104    
Old November 4th, 2013 (7:54 PM).
Silais's Avatar
Silais Silais is offline
That useless reptile
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Female
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedausername123 View Post
Then would you mind if I tried?
Yes please! I'd appreciate it!
__________________
  #105    
Old November 4th, 2013 (7:58 PM).
Ineedausername123 Ineedausername123 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Under your bed
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Posts: 17
Ok, it should be done sometime tomorrow afternoon, I have school so it should be done 4~5ish
  #106    
Old November 4th, 2013 (8:09 PM).
Silais's Avatar
Silais Silais is offline
That useless reptile
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Female
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedausername123 View Post
Ok, it should be done sometime tomorrow afternoon, I have school so it should be done 4~5ish
Thank you very much, I really appreciate it
__________________
  #107    
Old November 5th, 2013 (9:29 AM).
Fairy's Avatar
Fairy Fairy is offline
ニャンタ
ModeratorCSPokéCommunity Daily Staff
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: in the flowers
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 5,661
Hey Silais your thread was more DCC material, so I merged it. :)
__________________
Hunter: Doux | MHGen 7★ Hub
Current Quest: "The Hapless Bodyguard"
0018-4771-7651

a&d - gallery - daily - credit
  #108    
Old November 6th, 2013 (5:09 PM).
Silais's Avatar
Silais Silais is offline
That useless reptile
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Female
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 297
Anyone else maybe want to tackle the picture and see if they can improve it?
__________________
  #109    
Old November 20th, 2013 (8:44 AM).
Emitwols Emitwols is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 3
Hello !

I am new at this forum, and I signed up so you can help me !
I'm a 21 years old Portuguese design student, and I am an old Pokemon series fan.

I'm doing a work for university, based on creating one character applicable in one game. I chose POKEMON!

This work is very funny and motivational. I needed to choose one Musical instrument and one animal, and then, create animal's form/body/parts based on the chosen instrument parts.
Most like creating an abstract animal that reminds you of that Musical instrument.
I chose the Violin as instrument and a peacock as animal. Pretty good results.

So, the question is...

I need to show my character for my university, as if I was one pokemon official designer and was demonstrating a new Pokemon character, so, all I need is one image/template that is typical (in old pokemon or new pokemon) for characters presentation. I thought about the Pokedex presentation , but didn't found anything, but maybe there's anything better for presenting new characters hm ?

I'm hoping you guys can help me please !
Best regards for all and thank you
  #110    
Old December 22nd, 2013 (9:54 AM).
█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀'s Avatar
█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀ is offline
Horny bastard
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Honnouji Gakuen
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 77
I honestly have no idea whether or not you'll read this. Since it has literally been a month since you posted, lmao.

Well, if I understood your question correctly, you designed a pokémon and wished to showcase the said design to your university in an efficient manner? And you thought of pokédex but thought that others may have better ideas? Hmm, I'm not sure how anything would work better than a voiceover describing the pokemon as in a pokedex but...well, you can always try animation? Perhaps make a few short clips of the pokémon in wilderness and do a voiceover over it? Or better yet, maybe just make it a fully visual experience. With the animation of the pokémon speaking for itself - its action in the habitats and its interactions with humans/trainers showing off various features of the pokémon without actually spelling it out for people using a narrator. But I'd assume that'd be too much work. Still, you asked for ideas and this was what came to my mind first.

Anyway, new topic - any comic book/anime/manga whose art style you just fell in recently?
  #111    
Old December 22nd, 2013 (9:59 AM).
Somniac's Avatar
Somniac Somniac is offline
Probably sleeping.
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: united kingdom
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by █▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀ View Post

Anyway, new topic - any comic book/anime/manga whose art style you just fell in recently?
Weird you should mention that, I recently tried to branch out and draw a exaggerated / comic book style.
Usually I draw in a more realistic style/colouring method.

Spoiler:
__________________
  #112    
Old December 22nd, 2013 (10:08 AM).
█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀'s Avatar
█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀ is offline
Horny bastard
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Honnouji Gakuen
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 77
Dat ass hnnnnggggg

I have seen so much realistic stuff now that I crave exaggerated/out of the box/not the norm/different art styles now. That looks good. Although the leg she's standing on looks slightly awkward for some reason. Anyway, got any more examples? Working on some comic project, hmm?

I liked Gurren Lagann's art style. And the recent Kill la Kill's art style is so reminiscent of it. Would make sense since they're done by the same people I guess, haha. Either way, totally out of the norm, over the top art style from a regular anime. Which is why I loves it.
  #113    
Old December 22nd, 2013 (10:15 AM).
Somniac's Avatar
Somniac Somniac is offline
Probably sleeping.
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: united kingdom
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by █▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀ View Post
Dat ass hnnnnggggg

I have seen so much realistic stuff now that I crave exaggerated/out of the box/not the norm/different art styles now. That looks good. Although the leg she's standing on looks slightly awkward for some reason. Anyway, got any more examples? Working on some comic project, hmm?

I liked Gurren Lagann's art style. And the recent Kill la Kill's art style is so reminiscent of it. Would make sense since they're done by the same people I guess, haha. Either way, totally out of the norm, over the top art style from a regular anime. Which is why I loves it.
Yeah, I just felt like trying something I'd never done before and jumped right into it. No more examples of comic book styles [yet anyway]. I'll probably do some more drawing tonight. I'm actually working on a digital painting which I've put 3 hours or so into so far.

I want to make a gallery thread, but since my harddrive wipe I have very little in the way or artistic works to post. I'll churn out some stuff after the holidays hopefully and get something online.

I was always a fan of Code Geass's artstyle when it comes to anime.
__________________
  #114    
Old December 22nd, 2013 (10:25 AM).
█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀'s Avatar
█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀ is offline
Horny bastard
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Honnouji Gakuen
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 77
Well, you can always post them here for us to see. Would like to see that painting once it is finished. :3 and yes, hopefully by the time you post a gallery the activity would rise a bit.

I liked that too. It wasn't really all THAT different from regular anime character styles, though. It looked beautiful either way.

What do you think of these?
www.seventhstyle.com/2013/08/09/kill-la-kill-new-character-artwork/
www.animevice.com/kill-la-kill/11-6683/concept-art/84-309607/?full_site=true
  #115    
Old December 22nd, 2013 (10:38 AM).
Somniac's Avatar
Somniac Somniac is offline
Probably sleeping.
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: united kingdom
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by █▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀ View Post
Well, you can always post them here for us to see. Would like to see that painting once it is finished. :3 and yes, hopefully by the time you post a gallery the activity would rise a bit.

I liked that too. It wasn't really all THAT different from regular anime character styles, though. It looked beautiful either way.

What do you think of these?
www.seventhstyle.com/2013/08/09/kill-la-kill-new-character-artwork/
www.animevice.com/kill-la-kill/11-6683/concept-art/84-309607/?full_site=true
There's certainly something nice about the flatter colours and artstyle. I've been meaning to watch kill la kill but my anime backlog is rather long at the moment.
__________________
  #116    
Old December 22nd, 2013 (10:49 AM).
█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀'s Avatar
█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀ is offline
Horny bastard
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Honnouji Gakuen
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 77
Then just leave it all and watch this lmao. I've put a ****ton of anime on hold. Only watching 4 atm. One Piece, Kill la Kill, Yorazuka Quartet (actually putting on hold now) and Freezing.

Oohhh and klk also has gems like these:
Spoiler:

and talking of over-exaggerated expressive art:
Spoiler:

damn i love eet

just curious, what does your backlog comprise of?
  #117    
Old December 22nd, 2013 (1:00 PM).
Somniac's Avatar
Somniac Somniac is offline
Probably sleeping.
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: united kingdom
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by █▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀ View Post
Then just leave it all and watch this lmao. I've put a ****ton of anime on hold. Only watching 4 atm. One Piece, Kill la Kill, Yorazuka Quartet (actually putting on hold now) and Freezing.

Oohhh and klk also has gems like these:
Spoiler:

and talking of over-exaggerated expressive art:
Spoiler:

damn i love eet

just curious, what does your backlog comprise of?
Spoiler:
Beyond the Boundary [recommended to me]
Arpeggio of Blue Steel [Actually really want to watch this one]
Nagi no Asukara [recommended to me]
My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy [recommended to me, seems funny]
FLCL
Voice of Distant Star


To keep this vaguely on related to A&D; have a picture of an elephant shrew i drew when I was drunk, completely forgot about, found on my desktop the next morning and was really confused about until I read the conversation which lead to my friend asking for a 'fancy shrew'.

Spoiler:
__________________
  #118    
Old December 30th, 2013 (8:04 PM).
seeker's Avatar
seeker seeker is offline
breaker of chains
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,790
That must have been a pretty bizarre conversation. I try to draw drunk, all the time, but it's such a bad idea to be honest. I always either get bored or get too sloppy. Alcohol isn't an inspirational drug for me haha. While I was in Amsterdam however... well that's a whole other story. I tried to draw rainbows with a pencil. As in, a 2B lead pencil, does that even make sense? It seemed to at the time.
__________________
  #119    
Old December 30th, 2013 (8:13 PM).
Somniac's Avatar
Somniac Somniac is offline
Probably sleeping.
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: united kingdom
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger View Post
That must have been a pretty bizarre conversation. I try to draw drunk, all the time, but it's such a bad idea to be honest. I always either get bored or get too sloppy. Alcohol isn't an inspirational drug for me haha. While I was in Amsterdam however... well that's a whole other story. I tried to draw rainbows with a pencil. As in, a 2B lead pencil, does that even make sense? It seemed to at the time.
Ah I'm the polar opposite. I don't even try to draw drunk, it just happens. It's always with excited apprehension that I turn my PC on the morning after when I see my tablet is still plugged in.

The worst part is that when I'm drunk I don't consider naming files properly, and in the morning I'll find 14 images all named 'Untitled (1).png' 'Untitled (2).png and occasionally something along the lines of LolImAFiggit.png

I keep them all though, I have folder dedicated to them. It's like a scrapbook of photos taken by myself when I was a baby: I don't remember any of the photos being taken and don't understand what half of them are.

The quality generally ranges from amusing doodle absolutely undecipherable or vastly inappropriate.

On very rare occasions I come out with really surreal pictures that i'm actually glad I decided to draw whilst drunk.
__________________
  #120    
Old January 8th, 2014 (12:26 PM).
rebelxgirl's Avatar
rebelxgirl rebelxgirl is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United States
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Posts: 89
Hello. I was referred to this part of the forums & moderator Strawberry about galleries because I do a little bit of graphic/digital design via Photoshop, some Pokemon themed stuff included. Upon further reading, I don't think I can start a gallery because I make the graphics for my Tumblr blog (images are watermarked with my username there). However, I thought that I'd still stop by & say hi while I was here. I usually can be found in TC's DCC. Thank you all. Hope everyone is well.
  #121    
Old January 8th, 2014 (12:40 PM).
Fairy's Avatar
Fairy Fairy is offline
ニャンタ
ModeratorCSPokéCommunity Daily Staff
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: in the flowers
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelxgirl View Post
Hello. I was referred to this part of the forums & moderator Strawberry about galleries because I do a little bit of graphic/digital design via Photoshop, some Pokemon themed stuff included. Upon further reading, I don't think I can start a gallery because I make the graphics for my Tumblr blog (images are watermarked with my username there). However, I thought that I'd still stop by & say hi while I was here. I usually can be found in TC's DCC. Thank you all. Hope everyone is well. :)
Hey there! :D Glad to see you made your way over here!

It's okay if you can't start a gallery yet; I'm sure you'll be able to in the future! I'm in the middle of remaking the Art Critique & Showcase thread (a thread where you can post one or two pieces. Consider it an "everybody gallery", even though it not up yet) for the new year,but hopefully you'll have a gallery's worth of art by then. Just remember that you only need three pieces to open one! n_n;

Anyway, enough with rules. What is your favorite kind of graphic art to do? Like make tags and stuff? Or bigger works?
__________________
Hunter: Doux | MHGen 7★ Hub
Current Quest: "The Hapless Bodyguard"
0018-4771-7651

a&d - gallery - daily - credit
  #122    
Old January 8th, 2014 (12:50 PM).
rebelxgirl's Avatar
rebelxgirl rebelxgirl is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United States
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
Hey there! :D Glad to see you made your way over here!

It's okay if you can't start a gallery yet; I'm sure you'll be able to in the future! I'm in the middle of remaking the Art Critique & Showcase thread (a thread where you can post one or two pieces. Consider it an "everybody gallery", even though it not up yet) for the new year,but hopefully you'll have a gallery's worth of art by then. Just remember that you only need three pieces to open one! n_n;

Anyway, enough with rules. What is your favorite kind of graphic art to do? Like make tags and stuff? Or bigger works?
Things like in my signature, iPhone wallpapers, just small things. I do requests for them on my blog, so just whatever people ask for I have the capability of doing.
  #123    
Old January 9th, 2014 (12:07 AM).
gavynray123 gavynray123 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Posts: 37
Hey can anyone tell me if i could make it in TV TOKYO someday? here's my drawing; click to enlarge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0324.jpg‎ (967.4 KB, 4 views) (Save to Dropbox)
  #124    
Old January 21st, 2014 (10:53 PM).
acatfrommars's Avatar
acatfrommars acatfrommars is offline
yeet
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
Posts: 3,789
My first tag since summer. It needs more work and kinda sucks, what would you guys suggest:

__________________
--------------------------
Sisters | Brother | Pairs
--------------------------
  #125    
Old January 24th, 2014 (9:39 AM).
Ash's Avatar
Ash Ash is offline
→ ring a bell
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Nature: Gentle
Posts: 10,405
I'm probably not the biggest person to ask because I'm not all that great at tags but maybe something in the front and behind mawile (such as a c4d or something idk) to bring out the depth and make it less flat? Also maybe mess with colors a bit and more mawile to either the left or right to follow Rule of Thirds.

Though really Gavin or Dero would be able to suggest more.

I was finally updating the first post of my gallery so it's more up-to-date and it's pretty amazing going through your pictures and seeing how much they have changed, your highlight pieces, etc.
__________________
i walk a thousand nights to change the world
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:40 AM.