Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Reload this Page [Other] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old June 4th, 2013 (08:15 AM).
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
@Machomuu: I'll give you that one. That's a good explanation, and I honestly can't bring myself to like or read the light novels, which is weird because LNs are usually better. I suppose the whole concept of pain to begin with is rather abstract in a virtual sense. Pain is something that is caused from physical stimuli, but virtual reality has no true physical stimuli, only virtual stimuli. So, in the end it would make sense that it is only the brain's perception of shock based around a reinforced occurrence that creates the perception of pain, thus making it feel real. I need to stop thinking about these kinds of things, it makes feel way too nerdy, even if it was a summary of what you said.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old June 4th, 2013 (09:07 AM).
Grant me the power of revolution!
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Whoops, I made a pretty big typo in my explanation, I said "the psychological pain should have been so tremendous that there would be no way he could have died", when I meant to say "couldn't".

Doesn't it suck when you post something and make a single typo than changes the meaning of [almost] everything you said...or directly contradicts it?
Old June 4th, 2013 (12:11 PM).
A Glitch in the System

Nature: Calm
I like to believe that the opening scene where Klein feels pain is a mental reaction, but after Kayaba turns it into a game of death that pain suddenly applies to the game (since it seems that pain is one of the alterable 'features' that admins can change). I imagine Kayaba in his mad genius brain would no-doubt have turned the pain on.

Additionally, spoiler:
Spoiler:
I've noticed the part where Kirito is paralyzed and nearly killed by being lowly stabbed in the upper leg makes the pain seem very, very real.

That said, I do think there are some plot holes, at least as far as the anime is concerned. I'd love to read it instead, though it should actually be published here. I want a tangible book of this.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 4th, 2013 (01:04 PM).
Gold Tier

The LN is quite good. It actually makes logical sense out of the ending to the SAO arc that I won't spoil, which gave me a lot of closure since I've always had something against Deus ex Machina/Love Conquers All endings (well, not just endings, in general, really). Kirito's also a more likable and more relatable character in the Light Novel, and Alfheim is more developed (for instance, those two female fanservice characters that appear twice are actually legitimate and important characters, the class system is explained, and the world is explored more).

Also, about the incident you put in the spoiler, this is a quote from the LN regarding the incident:
Spoiler:
Cradil wrinkled his brow and curved his lips upwards, then stabbed my
right arm with the tip of his sword. He then twisted it twice, then thrice.

“Argh…!”

Although I didn’t feel any pain, an unpleasant feeling of being stimulated in
the nerves passed through my entire body alongside the strong paralysis
effect. Every time the blade dug into my arm, my HP decreased slowly but
steadily.

So I can confirm that they don't feel pain from attacks...unless the whole "the mind makes it real" thing comes into play.
Old June 4th, 2013 (02:35 PM). Edited June 5th, 2013 by Arx.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Silver Tier

Nature: Timid
Real Life Name : Markus Steele
In-game Name : Gothax
Appearance :
Spoiler:

Markus likes to wear a black coat with a red or a white shirt under it along with black jeans and a pair of black sneakers. His hair color is silvery and his eyes are black. Due to training often, Markus possesses a well-built body and have a decent amount of stamina. His starter gear's colors are mostly red and black since they are his favorite. For weapons, he has a big sword like Angeal's in FF VII and two daggers that he almost never use.
Sword Image
Spoiler:

Personality : Markus (Gothax?) is a very calm man. He is also mostly a loner, likes to do things by himself and doesn't like to be annoyed. If you bother him, he won't answer to you or give one of his "death glares". He really likes to fight and if someone challenges him, he'll be more than happy to slash you to pieces(his favorite term). He don't interact often with people but if you insist, he'll talk a little or help you out. He likes to think before acting and that makes him a worthy opponent. He became like this because of all the difficulties he faced on the streets before he had the life that he was leading. He had to go through lots of things, he was bullied at school and during in teen years and all those insults made him stronger but they also made him wary of other people.
History : Markus was a ordinary student in the programming field. He liked everything in the video gaming field, even more the process of creating one. That's why he decided to learn how to make them. He registered in the SAE Institute and got accepted. He decided to have a part-time job to help pay his fees and his overall needs. That's how he ended being a cashier in one of the many GameStops. That way, he was in direct contact with any new video game and would make some decent money.
That's how he learned about Sword Art Online. He was working as always when someone came and delivered lots of copies about it saying they were free for the beta testers of the game. He thought it wasn't too bad and since it was for free, he decided to get one to play during his free time.
When he came home, he put his NerveGear and began playing and level grinding. Shortly after the announcement he teamed up with one of his friends in real life. On the first day, he witnessed that friend's death. After that, he swore to himself that he'd make it out of that game for that friend who died.
Skills :
-Two Handed Straight Sword
-Detection
-Forging
-Battle Healing

Sword Arts : Metal Slash [Red] : Gothax closes his eyes and puts his sword the middle of his two eyes. It starts to glow and he then swing his sword in front of him. That creates a strong wave that could cut enemies. Causes high damage.
Raion Ikari [Black] : He puts the sword in the middle of his two eyes and it also starts to glow but he swings his sword to create multiple waves.
Level : 13
Code : Link Start
Old June 4th, 2013 (08:39 PM).
Hey hoo~

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Quote originally posted by JNathan:
Real Life Name : Markus Steele
In-game Name : Gothax
Appearance :
Spoiler:

Personality : Markus (Gothax?) is a very calm man. He is also mostly a loner, likes to do things by himself and doesn't like to be annoyed. If you bother him, he won't answer to you or give one of his "death glares". He really likes to fight and if someone challenges him, he'll be more than happy to slash you to pieces(his favorite term). He don't interact often with people but if you insist, he'll talk a little or help you out. He likes to think before acting and that makes him a worthy opponent.
History : Markus was a ordinary student in the programming field. He liked everything in the video gaming field, even more the process of creating one. That's why he decided to learn how to make them. He registered in the SAE Institute and got accepted. He decided to have a part-time job to help pay his fees and his overall needs. That's how he ended being a cashier in one of the many GameStops. That way, he was in direct contact with any new video game and would make some decent money.
That's how he learned about Sword Art Online. He was working as always when someone came and delivered lots of copies about it saying they were free for the beta testers of the game. He had already tested this game and saw it wasn't too bad. Since it was for free, he decided to get one to play during his free time.
When he came home, he put his NerveGear and began playing and level grinding. Shortly after the announcement he teamed up with one of his friends in real life. On the first day, he witnessed that friend's death. After that, he swore to himself that he'd make it out of that game for that friend who died.
Skills :
-Two Handed Straight Sword
-Detection
-Forging
-Battle Healing

Sword Arts : Metal Slash [Red] : Gothax closes his eyes and puts his sword the middle of his two eyes. He then swing his sword in front of him. That creates a strong wave that could cut enemies. Causes high damage
Lion's Fury [Black] : He do the same pose for Metal Slash but swing his sword to create multiple waves.
Level : 13
Code : Link Start
We'd like a description by the appearance section. Your personality is rather short and your second sword art is far from acceptable. You don't say "same goes for ……" every sword art has to be explained properly. You also didn't mention when your sword starts glowing in the sword arts.

Your history is not acceptable either. What you are saying is that you are a beater… but you're a PK'er. NO ONE has tested the game besides the 1000 beta-testers so game companies haven't tried it out either. I'm gonna discuss with ShinyDiamond about not accepting any more beaters so please don't change the status, just the history.

I hope you understand that PK'ers have rules. They are not allowed to actually kill players when the creator is not okay with it. They can't attack in safety zones too.
Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old June 5th, 2013 (07:09 AM).
A Glitch in the System

That appearance picture is the same as Teashi ._.

I seriously hope SAO is published in America. It would easily be my favorite book ever.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 5th, 2013 (07:29 AM).
Gold Tier

It's rare that Light Novels come to America, though there's a chance people may sell translated versions of them at cons.

That or become fluid in Japanese, which is always useful.
Old June 5th, 2013 (07:36 AM).
A Glitch in the System

Still, it certainly seems popular enough to be brought over here.

It's sad, though, years ago I had a novel idea that was veeeeeery similar to it, however, I don't feel like making that book now since Sword Art would no doubt trump it.

Old June 5th, 2013 (08:05 AM).
Gold Tier

I doubt there'd be any problem if you went through with it. After all, it would probably appeal to different crowds. Besides, Dot Hack had a huge following when it came out (heck, SAO even managed to borrow from Sign on occasion and it worked out) and SAO still did well, and in terms of media, Dot Hack was pretty expansive.

But I doubt the LN would come over. One reason is because there aren't any publishers that I know of that publish LNs in the West, and also because popular series like Durarara!, Baccano!, and the incredibly popular Haruhi haven't been published over here either, all of which had a bigger following than SAO in their day. After all, SAO is the Attack on Titan of 2013 and the Angel Beats of 2010, it's talked about in what is the present, when it's still running but the buzz and demand lowers substantially some time after its end.
Old June 5th, 2013 (09:20 AM).
It's About Dominating!

Machomuu, you're really making me want to pick up where I left off in the SAO LNs. The increased detail is something I always crave, but I have more than enough reading to juggle, and I just recently became interested in the Song Of Fire And Ice series. Ugh, what to do, what to do? Screw it, I'm reading it. I hate you (not really).

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old June 5th, 2013 (12:35 PM).
Hey hoo~

I think it was Genevieve's turn to post c:

Interesting conversation here~ I might not have answered but i've definitely been following it ^^ there is not much for me to comment on~
Sisters
Theme
Old June 5th, 2013 (12:45 PM).
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
I'll get to work on a post after dinner.
Old June 5th, 2013 (08:02 PM).
It's About Dominating!

I posted, and experimented with my line spacing, again. By any chance is that forest dungeon in between TOB and Tolbana? I could only imagine everybody's reaction to a player killer running through a dungeon (possibly screaming like a little girl).

Old June 5th, 2013 (09:12 PM). Edited June 5th, 2013 by Rose Quartz.
Hey hoo~

Quote originally posted by Colony:
I posted, and experimented with my line spacing, again. By any chance is that forest dungeon in between TOB and Tolbana? I could only imagine everybody's reaction to a player killer running through a dungeon (possibly screaming like a little girl).
Nope, it's on the west side pf the first floor and 30 minutes away from Tolbana Town. You could've read that in the "floors" section on the first page c;

Genevieve- I apologize for telling you it was your turn to post ^^; I just remembered the interaction between Lucina and Princess already ended a while ago ^^;;;

JNathan- you're accepted. I did notice some grammar mistakes. "he don't interact with people often." should or could be: "He doesn't interact with people often."

I'm not the one to correct this since English is my second language... Maybe that someone else with English as their native language can correct it for you ^^

It's not a big deal though c:
Sisters
Theme
Old June 5th, 2013 (11:06 PM). Edited June 5th, 2013 by Colony.
It's About Dominating!

The floors section does mention that the dungeon is 30 minutes away from Tolbana (the closest town to the dungeon), but it doesn't mention the dungeon's location compared to the other towns. I was asking if it was something like A(TOB)........B(Dungeon)...C(Tolbana), but from what you said it is more like A......C...B, which is all I was wondering. Either way I'm sure if I think about it for a bit I can figure out a way to get Nirvana over to the dungeon, while being chased of course (it wouldn't be fun otherwise). Regarding JNathan's grammar, well, there are some glaring mistakes, one of which you corrected, but I personally dislike being the one to bring it up. I always feel like a jerk afterwards -__-

Old June 5th, 2013 (11:58 PM).
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Silver Tier

Actually French is my native language and I have no problem with someone correcting the mistakes I made.
Old June 6th, 2013 (12:55 AM).
It's About Dominating!

It makes a lot of sense why there are mistakes if English isn't your primary language. The majority of errors that I saw were simply syntax related, such as awkward sounding sentences or absent words, though a few misused words (a instead of an, don't instead of doesn't) were present. Syntax is tricky, and I've noticed that it's subjective according to what type of English (United States vs United Kingdom) the person knows.

One thing I can say that always makes it easier to know how to use a or an is by remembering to use a for consonant sounds, and an for vowel sounds. An example (<- 1 example) can be seen in the following sentence: An eagle can fly, while a shark can swim. Don't be fooled, though. A word can begin with a vowel and require a, while a word can begin with a consonant and require an. A good example is: A opossum (silent o) plays dead. Grammar mistakes are an honest (silent h) error if you're not used to them.

Regarding don't/doesn't, this may not be a good explanation so someone correct me if I'm wrong. Don't is used in first-person and second-person situations, such as I (never me), you, we, and they, while doesn't is used in third-person situations, such as he, she, and it. So, ultimately these words are very similar in usage, but it's mostly syntax sensitive.

Hopefully this doesn't come across as crass or condescending, and if you think it helps I'm happy to help.

Old June 6th, 2013 (01:36 AM).
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Silver Tier

That isn't condescending at all! Thanks for your help!
Old June 7th, 2013 (01:58 AM).
Hey hoo~

Sooo… i'd like to know where everyone is at the moment~
Sisters
Theme
Old June 7th, 2013 (02:45 AM).
It's About Dominating!

As of my next post, Nirvana will be on his way to Tolbana Town.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Old June 7th, 2013 (07:25 AM).
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
Rikuto is still at his store in the town of beginnings. He's probably not gonna go anywhere until nighttime IC.
Old June 7th, 2013 (08:13 AM).
A Glitch in the System

We should have holiday events in-game, just like how the Christmas event happened in the canon.

Old June 7th, 2013 (01:29 PM).
It's About Dominating!

I like the holiday idea, but wouldn't there be issues deciding which holidays to use? Different countries have different holidays, and that would be problematic to decide on. I suppose the easy way would be to limit it to really common holidays like Christmas.

Old June 7th, 2013 (02:29 PM).
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
Princess is with Rikuto in the Town of Beginnings.

Sponsored Links