The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 7th, 2013, 03:05 PM
YellowGardevoir
Expert Breeder

Nature: Quiet
Yuri is in the Town of Beginnings inn.
Old June 8th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
@Pink: What's the estimated time currently in the RP? Also, how much longer do you expect to stay in the dungeon? Just a little planning ahead, cause I don't want to prolong anything too much with Nirvana fleeing from his captors.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old June 8th, 2013, 03:10 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
The current time in the RP should be around 4/5 pm, dinner time. I will mention when it's starting to get dark. I won't tell you how long i'm gonna keep you guys on the first floor, that's secret.

In three IC days it'll be Christmas, it's currently 22th of December. I will discuss other holidays with ShinyDiamond.

EDIT: I will post tomorrow guys. Will the rest of you please post? c:
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell

Last edited by Rose Quartz; June 8th, 2013 at 12:12 PM.
Old June 9th, 2013, 07:59 AM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
On Easter mobs can have Colored Eggs added to their drop list, and if you collect a certain number with your basket (one of each color) you can trade it in for prizes :3

Shiren triggered an Anti-Crystal Room... Oops.

Old June 9th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
About anti-crystal rooms, can anything go over or through the wall? (Over like a rope or Godot's fishing rod or through like Rikuto's lightning thrust or some hammer to break it) or is the wall just for show and the room is actually surrounded by a game-ceiling height immortal barrier? On the further subject of over, how does this dungeon even look?
Old June 9th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geras32 View Post
About anti-crystal rooms, can anything go over or through the wall? (Over like a rope or Godot's fishing rod or through like Rikuto's lightning thrust or some hammer to break it) or is the wall just for show and the room is actually surrounded by a game-ceiling height immortal barrier? On the further subject of over, how does this dungeon even look?
This dungeon starts out as a labyrinth but the dangerous parts are the caves. Right now my, Machomuu's and SD's characters are inside a cave.

When one is trapped inside an anti-crystal room, sound can be heard from outside. There will be no escape nor can others help you from outside. The anti-crystal rooms are just small rooms inside the cave, the entrance will disappear once you opened the chest in the middle of the room. It'll be like the room never existed in first place.
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old June 9th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Oh.

Nice knowin' ya, Shiren!
Old June 10th, 2013, 01:21 AM
revlis
The Sentinel
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Oh.

Nice knowin' ya, Shiren!
Shiren'll make it through, there's no doubt about that.
Old June 10th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Machomuu&Wolfy&ShinyDiamond- I made Wolfy post before me because I had nothing to post about c: so basically… it's my turn now ^^ sorry for not consulting you guys earlier~
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old June 10th, 2013, 11:22 AM
銀ヤミ

Quote:
Oh.

Nice knowin' ya, Shiren!
You would lose faith in a little girl so quickly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 雷影 イチロ View Post
Shiren'll make it through, there's no doubt about that.
Didn't go into detail with it, but when she was having a tantrum storming through the dungeon, she did pass Pepperton and Titan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
Machomuu&Wolfy&ShinyDiamond- I made Wolfy post before me because I had nothing to post about c: so basically… it's my turn now ^^ sorry for not consulting you guys earlier~
This is going to be very, very interesting.

I had such a high quality battle in mind, but damn E3 for happening today, I was so distracted ;-;

Old June 10th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Sorry for the bad quality post guys... ^^;;;;; Heheheheh~

I posted with my phone so yeah... I don't think you'll need futher explanation since everyone knows what happens when you post with a phone.
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old June 10th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

@GMs/Everyone: Another price check please! (Yes, I will ask for one every time unless I get some sort of guidelines for setting them.) I'm tempted to just call them weak, basic, strong, etc potions and let players decide what that means. I really don't want to become the designated price setter, I need guidelines.

Also how does the balancing in this game even work if there are potions that can paralyze for an hour on the first floor? Some level 1 player gets their hands on one of those and gets a lucky sneak attack on some player who was unlucky enough not to take detection or battle healing and it's game over even if they're like level 50 or something.

Last edited by Geras32; June 10th, 2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old June 10th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Quote:
@GMs/Everyone: Another price check please! (Yes, I will ask for one every time unless I get some sort of guidelines for setting them.) I'm tempted to just call them weak, basic, strong, etc potions and let players decide what that means. I really don't want to become the designated price setter, I need guidelines.

Also how does the balancing in this game even work if there are potions that can paralyze for an hour on the first floor? Some level 1 player gets their hands on one of those and gets a lucky sneak attack on some player who was unlucky enough not to take detection or battle healing and it's game over even if they're like level 50 or something.
You can choose the price yourself… but i'd say between 75 and 100 col c: the first floor only sells weak potions and a small amount of basic ones.

You can't buy potions that can paralyze, only receive them from certain monsters ^^ you can be paralyzed for a hour at most but it can also just be for 5 minutes, it depends on how strong the potion was. Shiren's potion was received from a strong monster etc etc.
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old June 10th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Are those limitations what can and can't be found in stores on the first floor or what you are and aren't allowing me to have Rikuto sell because the potions are being made by a player so the cap on what can be made should be the alchemy skill cap for floor 1 in the former case.

Also, super OP paralysis potions as quest rewards I can accept but as regular monster drops seems like it could make things a little troublesome.
Old June 10th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Quote:
Are those limitations what can and can't be found in stores on the first floor or what you are and aren't allowing me to have Rikuto sell because the potions are being made by a player so the cap on what can be made should be the alchemy skill cap for floor 1 in the former case.

Also, super OP paralysis potions as quest rewards I can accept but as regular monster drops seems like it could make things a little troublesome.
If his alchemy skill is high enough then your person can create basic potions ^^ I won't have a problem with that. About the limitations… there are a few, you can't buy high skilled armor yet for example. Powerful potions aren't allowed yet and powerful weapons aren't allowed yet too… atleast, not so powerful that you can defeat the firt floor boss with ease.

I think I was too quick with answering again so lemme explain again: weak paralyzing potions can be received from monsters, just a few though. Really strong paralyzing potions are a boss monster drop or can be gained from a quest.

Your quest idea was actually pretty good and sounds more logical in Shiren's case c: since… no boss monsters have appeared yet~
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old June 10th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Thanks for answering so quickly! I'm pretty sure I've got armor quality in check, it's the potions I'm not too sure of since Xenith (Rikuto's alchemist employee) has been doing alchemy for a good while longer than Rikuto's been forging.

I decided to change the health potions to weak, lesser, and average rank and will allow the players to decide how much that heals for now. On a side note I really think you, me, and ShinyDiamond should have a talk about this (prices and balancing although I probably don't really need to be included for the last one) some time in the future considering that I have the only merchant character here. I can't be pulling prices and effect strength numbers out of nothing.

Last edited by Geras32; June 11th, 2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old June 11th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Skymin
the Knight

Nature: Quirky
Sorry about the absence chumps, I've had no net for a week so i'll have to do a lot of reading!!

edit: turns out it wasn't a lot of reading. did you other dungeoners want to meet up with peperton and titan yet?

Last edited by Skymin; June 11th, 2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old June 12th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
Sorry about the absence chumps, I've had no net for a week so i'll have to do a lot of reading!!

edit: turns out it wasn't a lot of reading. did you other dungeoners want to meet up with peperton and titan yet?
I guess ShinyDiamond and I have to trow in some more events to bring the activity level back up.

Shiren just ripped Lucina's cloak from her body xD we'll bump into Pepperton I somehow keep having the urge to call her Severa and Titan after the short happening ^^ got any ideas how to meet?

Quote:
Thanks for answering so quickly! I'm pretty sure I've got armor quality in check, it's the potions I'm not too sure of since Xenith (Rikuto's alchemist employee) has been doing alchemy for a good while longer than Rikuto's been forging.

I decided to change the health potions to weak, lesser, and average rank and will allow the players to decide how much that heals for now. On a side note I really think you, me, and ShinyDiamond should have a talk about this (prices and balancing although I probably don't really need to be included for the last one) some time in the future considering that I have the only merchant character here. I can't be pulling prices and effect strength numbers out of nothing.
Hmmm… well, if you have Facebook then we could PM you our names so that we can start a group chat there. If you don't or don't like the idea… then we can do it through PM's but it will take longer to answer. So… yeah c: which idea would you prefer?
Brothers
Sisters
Theme

Last edited by Rose Quartz; June 12th, 2013 at 12:37 AM.
Old June 12th, 2013, 08:27 AM
銀ヤミ

Apologies in advance, but I just had to make the really bad instagram joke.

When children rip clothing off of
teens and young adults.

JustImproperThings

#ShirenTheTerrible

Old June 12th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Skymin
the Knight

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
I guess ShinyDiamond and I have to trow in some more events to bring the activity level back up.

Shiren just ripped Lucina's cloak from her body xD we'll bump into Pepperton I somehow keep having the urge to call her Severa and Titan after the short happening ^^ got any ideas how to meet?
Well, if youre planning on finding the next floor teleport, we could meet there at the same time for the final boss?
Old June 12th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Quote:
Hmmm… well, if you have Facebook then we could PM you our names so that we can start a group chat there. If you don't or don't like the idea… then we can do it through PM's but it will take longer to answer. So… yeah c: which idea would you prefer?
Whatever and whenever is most convenient for you two. I don't see SD on as often as you so I don't know if he has any issues with getting on PC or not so convenience is a primary factor. I'd rather keep it as in the future so that I can have time to get a list of things I want to discuss. Maybe I can also talk with Machomuu about it since he's got all that light novel knowledge.
Old June 12th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
Well, if youre planning on finding the next floor teleport, we could meet there at the same time for the final boss?
That sounds like a plan c: even though we won't fight the boss until everyone arrived d;

Quote:
Whatever and whenever is most convenient for you two. I don't see SD on as often as you so I don't know if he has any issues with getting on PC or not so convenience is a primary factor. I'd rather keep it as in the future so that I can have time to get a list of things I want to discuss. Maybe I can also talk with Machomuu about it since he's got all that light novel knowledge.
Facebook would be convenient for both SD and me, since SD is more of facebook (usually for me) than on PokeCommunity c: I think i'll ask Machomuu about the price list in the light novel… if there was one because I certainly don't remember one in the anime :/
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old June 13th, 2013, 03:01 AM
True Epicness
Magnificent Turnip

Hey, I take it all the spots are full :p checking anyway, just in case.

Just a side note, what category would a bastard sword really fall under? I'm pretty sure it's other name is a one-and-a-half handed sword. Just to be awkward, and all.

Anyhow, nice job on the RP so far, and good luck with the rest of it, anyway.

Old June 13th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Epicness View Post
Hey, I take it all the spots are full :p checking anyway, just in case.

Just a side note, what category would a bastard sword really fall under? I'm pretty sure it's other name is a one-and-a-half handed sword. Just to be awkward, and all.

Anyhow, nice job on the RP so far, and good luck with the rest of it, anyway.
Spots are full yes ^^;; but i'm gonna ask SD if we should open up 2 more spots because the activity level is very low.

Bastard sword falls under the category One-Handed sword c: since you don't exactly wield them with two hands plus they are not that heavy… I think.

Thanks c: I will contact you if SD agrees on opening up 2 more spots. If I don't contact you then that means he disagreed ^^

EDIT: C'mon guys~ post post post~ I'm not allowing this RP to die d;
Brothers
Sisters
Theme

Last edited by Rose Quartz; June 13th, 2013 at 04:29 AM.
Old June 13th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Quote:
Bastard sword falls under the category One-Handed sword c: since you don't exactly wield them with two hands plus they are not that heavy…
From what I've seen in games a bastard sword is like the illegitimate child of a longsword and a greatsword, serving as a heavier than usual one handed sword but a lighter than usual two handed sword but able to be used as both. Unless you're strong, one handing one can be unwieldy.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links