Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Casting
Reload this Page [Other] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old June 13th, 2013 (08:26 AM).
Grant me the power of revolution!
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Geras32:
From what I've seen in games a bastard sword is like the illegitimate child of a longsword and a greatsword, serving as a heavier than usual one handed sword but a lighter than usual two handed sword but able to be used as both. Unless you're strong, one handing one can be unwieldy.
Yeah, generally Bastard Swords are wielded with two hands, and games usually make them two-handed weapons (that's how I've come to know them at least). I'd think a game that uses categories for its weapons, like Sword Art Online, I'd suspect it would be be Two-handed.

However, it's not completely uncommon for weapons to have unique skills of their own, and because there is a "Heaviness" stat on weapons, it's not too unlikely that one would be able to accommodate for one's strength parameter and be one handed, especially the Bastard Sword.

Also, Geras, I don't know if that pun was intentional, but I love you for it.
Old June 13th, 2013 (08:46 AM).
Magnificent Turnip

Quote originally posted by machomuu:
Yeah, generally Bastard Swords are wielded with two hands, and games usually make them two-handed weapons (that's how I've come to know them at least)... it's not too unlikely that one would be able to accommodate for one's strength parameter and be one handed, especially the Bastard Sword.
Eh, I think I've only really seen - or at least noticed - them in two games. There was a mod for Skyrim where they were two-handed, and in Baldur's Gate they were one-handed. Generally, though, that is exactly what they seem - halfway between a one and two handed sword - hence; one-and-a-half handed sword.

I agree with the strength thing. Probably two-handed, and one handed for some. Odd to sort of think about it with a fusion of real-life logic and modern game mechanics...

I also liked the pun. It was very... punny. Heh. Heheh. Ehhh, that was pretty awful... I guess I'll just leave now...

Old June 13th, 2013 (09:02 AM).
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
If somebody wants to interact with dotcom, he's sitting with his injuries in the dungeons. I want anyone to interact with me.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old June 13th, 2013 (09:13 AM).
Hey hoo~

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Alright then ^^;; bastard sword is a two-handed sword then. I was kinda doubting anyway because they appear to be quite heavy.
Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old June 13th, 2013 (03:51 PM).
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
This whole discussion over the bastard sword's weapon type is really reminding me of the Monkey Grip skill in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance/A2. For those that don't know, Monkey Grip allowed a character to wield Two-Handed Swords in one hand, but it definitely sounds like this skill could be modified for one and a half hand swords, like those without it use two hands, while those with it would use one hand. So, there's always that option if you wanted to look into that.

Talking about FFT has me wanting to inspire some attacks from that series (even if Nirvana's a long way from level 20). Parivir had some crazy sword moves that could translate pretty well, and there was also the Paladin, Fighter, Samurai, Dragoon, ugh I could go on for a while, so I'll stop.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old June 13th, 2013 (03:54 PM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Colony:
This whole discussion over the bastard sword's weapon type is really reminding me of the Monkey Grip skill in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance/A2. For those that don't know, Monkey Grip allowed a character to wield Two-Handed Swords in one hand, but it definitely sounds like this skill could be modified for one and a half hand swords, like those without it use two hands, while those with it would use one hand. So, there's always that option if you wanted to look into that.

Talking about FFT has me wanting to inspire some attacks from that series (even if Nirvana's a long way from level 20). Parivir had some crazy sword moves that could translate pretty well, and there was also the Paladin, Fighter, Samurai, Dragoon, ugh I could go on for a while, so I'll stop.
Holy- I was thinking the same thing! Heck, I was planning on mentioning it...though I don't quite remember the context of how it was going to be mentioned. I could see it being a unique skill for a player or a skill unique to certain/rare/legendary weapons.
Old June 13th, 2013 (04:22 PM). Edited June 13th, 2013 by Colony.
It's About Dominating!

@machomuu: Lol, great minds and all that jazz. Yes, I just used the word jazz...

Also, just wanted to mention that the weapon I mention in my post that I will have posted in, like, 30 minutes is not really a good weapon, but it is unique. It is a weapon that scales when certain quest related items are used to reforge it, thus creating a completely different version. The end result of the weapon would take over 50 floors to achieve. Additionally it can not be empowered unlike most gear, which can have the +1, 2, or whatever number after the name.

Edit: Nirvana is heading straight to the Dungeon, so if anybody wants to run into him this would probably be the best time to plan it.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old June 13th, 2013 (05:43 PM).
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
I had forgotten that Khawill was in this. After reading about the swavy, I'm glad he still is.
Old June 13th, 2013 (05:57 PM).
Swaggins
Silver Tier

I wish I could animate it, the swavy is so funny looking in my head I:

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old June 14th, 2013 (07:52 AM).
Magnificent Turnip

Heh, I want to start on my SU now, if any spaces open up I'll want to snatch one up. Or, try to, anyway.

And, uh, just noticed this, and I'll comment on it because of reasons:
Also how does the balancing in this game even work if there are potions that can paralyze for an hour on the first floor? Some level 1 player gets their hands on one of those and gets a lucky sneak attack on some player who was unlucky enough not to take detection or battle healing and it's game over even if they're like level 50 or something.
Wouldn't it be a good idea to only have paralysis effect others if they're at a certain level of low health? Or effect them at different levels based on how high health they have, or level, something like that. Shiren beat that other guy up pretty badly, so it'd be easy to assume paralysis would have a pretty massive effect.

And just saying, I'm watching SAO, but haven't finished it. I'm on, like, episode... nine? But yeah, I don't know if I'm missing anything fundamental at all, game-wise, or if I could just get a hold of it from the RP alone. Still, though, no spoilers guise :p

Also, I'm guessing swavy rhymes with gravy. Therefore, it is automatically awesome. Because gravy.

Old June 14th, 2013 (07:53 AM).
King of the Hell

That post felt a little "Avatar: The Last Airbender" to me after writing it... Am I the only one getting that?
Old June 14th, 2013 (08:05 AM).
It's About Dominating!

@Wolf: I didn't until you mentioned it, but now I could totally see Aang doing that exactly the same way.

Old June 14th, 2013 (10:55 AM).
Hey hoo~

I had forgotten that Khawill was in this. After reading about the swavy, I'm glad he still is.
Hahaha I forgot that he was in this RP until I read his name on the first page... bad GM heheheh

I immediately VMed him to remind him that he was in this RP xD i'm kinda glad that he's here now haha

Quote originally posted by True Epicness:
Heh, I want to start on my SU now, if any spaces open up I'll want to snatch one up. Or, try to, anyway.

And, uh, just noticed this, and I'll comment on it because of reasons:

Wouldn't it be a good idea to only have paralysis effect others if they're at a certain level of low health? Or effect them at different levels based on how high health they have, or level, something like that. Shiren beat that other guy up pretty badly, so it'd be easy to assume paralysis would have a pretty massive effect.

And just saying, I'm watching SAO, but haven't finished it. I'm on, like, episode... nine? But yeah, I don't know if I'm missing anything fundamental at all, game-wise, or if I could just get a hold of it from the RP alone. Still, though, no spoilers guise :p

Also, I'm guessing swavy rhymes with gravy. Therefore, it is automatically awesome. Because gravy.
I think that could work. c:
Sisters
Theme
Old June 14th, 2013 (11:33 AM).
Slightly less of a noob

What's going on with Shiren anyway? Is her katana cursed or something? Is the flame aspect burning her?
Old June 14th, 2013 (11:45 AM).
Hey hoo~

What's going on with Shiren anyway? Is her katana cursed or something? Is the flame aspect burning her?
I have no idea .__. I guess we'll just have to read Wolfy's post and hope that it'll make sense.

Off-topic: I SO love my new signature and icon... Credits go to Machomuu for editing the signature picture c:
Sisters
Theme
Old June 14th, 2013 (11:47 AM).
Swaggins
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by PinkSapphire:
Hahaha I forgot that he was in this RP until I read his name on the first page... bad GM heheheh

I immediately VMed him to remind him that he was in this RP xD i'm kinda glad that he's here now haha
Glad to be of entertainment :D

Old June 14th, 2013 (01:54 PM).
Magnificent Turnip

Hey guys, what exactly do the forging/crafting-ish skills cover?

I mean, I'd guess that forging is the making of new armour and weapons, but I'd also think the same could be said of crafting. With crafting, too, there could be something to do with repairing stuff...?

Or maybe crafting has nothing to do with armour and weps. If I were looking to be able to create new armour and weapons, and/or repair them, which would I go for? (repairing is probably most important)

Old June 14th, 2013 (03:47 PM).
Swaggins
Silver Tier

im pretty surre crafting is something you can make up with reason, like you cant make a godblade, but a katana of speed (Adds strength agility and character speed) might be something that could be made

Old June 14th, 2013 (04:09 PM).
Gold Tier

Hm...I would think that crafting deals with general items, while forging deals with the creation of weapons and upgrading them.

For instance, in the early part of SAO (both this RP and the anime), someone creates a player's guide. This guide was not of Kayaba's creation, and there is quite a bit around it in the Aincrad Side Stories LN. Chances are the book was created via combining several materials (Used Paper/Written Notes and some others) with the crafting skill. So I would surmise that Crafting deals with creating basically any item that's not a weapon, armor, or a curative.
Old June 14th, 2013 (07:07 PM).
Slightly less of a noob

Quote originally posted by True Epicness:
Hey guys, what exactly do the forging/crafting-ish skills cover?

I mean, I'd guess that forging is the making of new armour and weapons, but I'd also think the same could be said of crafting. With crafting, too, there could be something to do with repairing stuff...?

Or maybe crafting has nothing to do with armour and weps. If I were looking to be able to create new armour and weapons, and/or repair them, which would I go for? (repairing is probably most important)
This came up earlier in the OOC and PinkSapphire said that forging covered weapons and armor and that crafting covered accessories although I still believe that crafting should cover other things like tools and pretty much anything besides armor and weapons like Machomuu said.
Old June 14th, 2013 (07:12 PM).
It's About Dominating!

Actually, I believe that came up when I was first joining. And yes, I believe forging involved making weapons and armor, while crafting was accessories and miscellaneous equipment.

Old June 15th, 2013 (04:39 AM).
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
@Colony: Is your character still up for interaction? My character is also in the dungeons and seriously wounded. )

How do I continue with a wounded character? help dotcom guys, and he will not kill you.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old June 15th, 2013 (04:47 AM).
Hey hoo~

Forging is creating weapons and armor ^^

Crafting is creating accessories and miscellaneous equipment

Alchemy is creating potions and stuff c:

That's the differences guys ^^ the guide books are made by players with an average crafting skill ;P
Sisters
Theme
Old June 15th, 2013 (07:25 AM).
King of the Hell

And also Sewing is for making clothing.

Shiren learned Sewing, and makes average-looking clothes with as much defense as light/medium armors.
Old June 15th, 2013 (07:57 AM).
It's About Dominating!

Yes, Nirvana is still up for interaction, but he's about to start on his story quest. If you want our characters can interact and do this first quest. It'll give you an opportunity to get some new gear, and Nirvana does have some potions, so there's always that. After the quest is completed I kind of figured the characters would be spawned in front of the Lucina, Godot, Shiren, and Robin's group. So, if all that seems okay then awesome, but I can't help but feel I'm being a little tyranical over this... That's kinda the reason I said "plan" our interactions.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links