The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 15th, 2013, 10:14 AM
True Epicness
Magnificent Turnip

Cheers for the help, guys, I appreciate it

And, yeah, I made an SU, even though there aren't any spaces. Just for the hell of it. To be honest, I don't really expect any response, (unless spaces become available) I just kind of want to get in early with a chance of snatching up a place here, since the only RP I've been in before has kind of died. This RP looks really cool :D And, yeah, you may notice I haven't exactly played it by the book. Odd, but pretty interesting, I hope.

SU of cunningness and sneakyness and temporary uselessness within the spoiler:

Spoiler:
In-game name:
Turnip

Real Life Name:
Turnip (Ermergerd, waht a twist!)

20... MILLION YEARS (secretly an immortal dinosaur). Uh, I mean... just normal years, actually. Sorry. 20. Not a dinosaur, though that would be an incredible twist.

He doesn't really go into it, though people generally assume he's British English, due to his accent and colloquialisms stuff. England, basically.

Player/NPC.

Appearance:
I do have a picture, but he has different gear. I guess I'll put it in, anyhow. I'll describe him afterwards. If I make another one I'll post it, but they take a while and I'm lazy. For now, just imagine the platemail and sword and stuff and take away his other things. Can't have an AK in SAO :p And careful, the pic is quite large.

Spoiler:
(Spoilerception)

Another picture, in which he's actually in his SAO gear / more pictures, if and when I add them. May be a few, so beware the spoiler:

Spoiler:

Turnip is quite well-built - he's generally fairly medium width, bordering on lean, and stands at roughly six feet. Turnip won't tell his body weight - apparently he doesn't know - but he's pretty much always heavy due to armour weighing him down. He wears something like a hooded trench coat - supposedly he had it custom made, just because they're awesome. The sword he uses will generally either be a particularly large one-handed sword, a particularly small two-handed sword, or some variant of bastard sword - in most cases, it will be strapped over the right of his back, though he may occasionally have it at his left hip. He wears a good set of plate mail at all times (the plate should generally be a fairly standard size to maximise mobility and defence), with a full-face helmet, boots, gauntlets, et cetera. Due to this, all of his features are generally hidden, which is perhaps a little suspicious, but at least it seems to be worth it for the protection it offers. Perhaps more disturbingly, though, no matter what kind of visor he has, you can never see a face when you peer through - just shadow. At least you can't see the back of a helmet, which would almost undoubtedly be worse.

Personality:
Generally not really loving, Turnip may form friendships quite well, but may also ask to kill someone every once in a while. Thankfully he asks, to which the usual answer is "No.". Despite this, and an obvious love of sarcasm, Turnip is actually really moral - so PKing, unless in self-defence, is a complete no-no - and has a strong sense of logic, aside from the occasional mention of wanting to cheat at real life. He's pretty easy to get along with ordinarily, but anything serious and he'll make sure - or try to make sure - that justice is done. Well, justice from his point of view, anyhow.
However, this border-psychopath side of Turnip's is mostly in a non-serious manner. He enjoys jokes and gamer culture - perhaps too much - and will constantly reference other games. Almost non-stop, actually. He pretty much lives to drown people in his incessant references.
In terms of a caring side, he doesn't appear to care for anything much. Turnip doesn't show much of himself to others. Naturally a bit of an introvert, on the surface he shows no interest in romance - in fact he shows disdain at the idea - and very little in friendship. There is something a little deep down in there, though - and if he happens to share it with you then he clearly holds you in high regard. Or pities you. Or is tricking you. Or, uh... something, anyway. Probably respect. Anyhow, he isn't likely to be pointing a weapon at you any time soon. (Unless, of course, he's tricking you, in which case he probably already is.)
In terms of battle, Turnip prefers a good sword of decent weight and length - though not so heavy as to become clunky. A fan of the one-and-a-half handed sword, he prefers to have full control of his weapon, and so doesn't burden himself with a shield - instead opting for dodging and blocking with his sword when it comes to defence. He is clearly fond of swords, but does still pine for some kind of ranged weapon - sadly unavailable. In some kind of desperate effort, though, he's nicknamed his current sword "Composite Long Bow +1". His style with a sword generally doesn't involve a whole lot of movement - many players tend to jump about a lot - and instead focuses on some power, but mainly large amounts of dexterity. All-in-all, he mainly aims to do large amounts of damage.

History:
Turnip's main history is something he'd rather not get into, and when he is questioned about it, he either changes the subject, evades the question by some other means, or outright refuses to answer it. He'll probably go into a little detail of how he's levelled up in-game, but question him about his life before the game, or how he came to be in it, and you're sure not to get a straight answer.
His name, also, is something he won't go into detail on. He simply insists that it is, in fact, his name. Whatever suspicions one might have about it not being his real name, it seems impossible to prove either way. The cruelty of his parents for giving him such a name delves in to whatever life he may or may not have had before SAO, and as such he disregards it.
As much as there is reason to doubt, Turnip insists that he's only had Sword Art: Online for a week or two, whereas everyone else seems to have had it for a month or upwards. Questions are brought up - How did Turnip not know that SAO was considered a deathtrap? If he did, isn't it just incredibly stupid to go into a game that's considered a deathtrap? Was it even possible to enter the game after Kayaba's announcement?
All these questions, and more, will be blasted with corrosive sarcasm until they're left alone.
Turnip, being level 12 now, when he supposedly has only had the game for a few weeks, is also suspicious. This, though, he does have a serious excuse for. Supposedly, he's been grinding day and night pretty much all the time for XP and such. Though that raises other questions about sleep deprivation and such, I should think that anyone questioning would be finally happy to just get a single answer from the guy.
Possibly the most odd thing about Turnip is his presence in-game. To some other players, he appears as just an NPC, and appears to have many odd traits to boot. Though in many ways he appears to be inhuman, he certainly isn't immortal. He doesn't appear to be any stronger or faster than other players are - whatever odd anomaly is going on, there don't seem to be any obvious advantages here. He seems to have a decent knowledge of how to play the game well from what he does know, though may be at a loss for some things that he doesn't actually know at all. A beater he isn't, and his constant gaming references lead an onlooker to believe that he is just a good casual player, if you forget all the weird questions that surround him.

Skills:
- Forging
- Night Vision
- Battle Healing
- Two-handed straight sword (That was what Bastard Sword came under, right? Rounded up to two, I guess.)

Sword arts:
Draw Steel - Can only be used when the sword is still in its sheath/scabbard. The sword glows gold, and when pulled from the scabbard strikes a single opponent with massive force.
Pulse Edge - An AOE of sorts. The sword is drawn back and to the side, glowing red. The sword is flung sideways, and a pulse of red energy extends forward from where the sword swipes - like a ripple of force in water, though generally more painful.

Level:

Code:
It's time... to Link Start! Wait, that's not proper grammar. Dammit.

Last edited by True Epicness; November 28th, 2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old June 15th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
True Epicness- That's a... very interesting SU... ovo You honour your name xD Epic... Like I said, I will ask SD if we can open up another spot but i'm very oblivious so my apologies...

I will ask it ASAP c:
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old June 15th, 2013, 10:36 AM
True Epicness
Magnificent Turnip

Aw, thanks Can't help thinking I could've gone further with the secret dinosaur thing, though. Ah, well :p

Old June 15th, 2013, 05:23 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
@Colony: It's fine, it's fine. It'll give me a chance to interact with others afterwards.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old June 15th, 2013, 05:26 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
My character is near the dungeons being chased by two npc PK'ers if anyone would like to help her
Old June 15th, 2013, 07:02 PM
machomuu
Master Spark is Comin' to Town
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Godot'll definitely rush to her aid once it's my turn to post.
Old June 15th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Yea Fester is pretty open, though I warn you: If you think my first post was odd, just watch what I can do >:D

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old June 15th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
@Pink: Would a named (mmos always deem named enemies stronger) armored skeleton be okay for a quest boss/miniboss?

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old June 16th, 2013, 05:16 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colony View Post
@Pink: Would a named (mmos always deem named enemies stronger) armored skeleton be okay for a quest boss/miniboss?
We'll call them Stalfos. I'm okay with the idea, if Pink's cool with it too.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old June 16th, 2013, 05:18 PM
machomuu
Master Spark is Comin' to Town
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyDiamond View Post
We'll call them Stalfos. :P I'm okay with the idea, if Pink's cool with it too.
Dear God, we better hope Aonuma or Shigeru Miyamoto aren't playing SAO, or there'll be massive lawsuits.
Old June 16th, 2013, 05:18 PM
YellowGardevoir
Expert Breeder

Nature: Quiet
I won't be available until Wednesday. I will post in the IC thread before I leave though. I hope nothing happens while I'm gone!
Old June 16th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

I like the idea of armored skeletons being called Stalfos (yay zelda), but that's not exactly what I meant... That would be more like the enemy type, while I meant a name for a specific enemy (Sindri* is what I had in mind). It would still be, for all extensive purposes, a Stalfos, but since it has a name it would be stronger than others of its kind. This would require an increased amount of teamwork, much like a miniboss should.

*Sindri created Mjolnir, and the Mercurial Blade is linked to Norse mythology.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old June 17th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyDiamond View Post
We'll call them Stalfos. :P I'm okay with the idea, if Pink's cool with it too.
This is why I love you c: yay zelda~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colony View Post
I like the idea of armored skeletons being called Stalfos (yay zelda), but that's not exactly what I meant... That would be more like the enemy type, while I meant a name for a specific enemy (Sindri* is what I had in mind). It would still be, for all extensive purposes, a Stalfos, but since it has a name it would be stronger than others of its kind. This would require an increased amount of teamwork, much like a miniboss should.

*Sindri created Mjolnir, and the Mercurial Blade is linked to Norse mythology.
Well… since SD kinda agreed with your idea… I guess the answer is: permission granted ^^ just make sure it's not above level 13 c: I have my reasons for saying this~

Everyone- I injured my hand yesterday and the wounds are infected now. This means that it might take me longer to answer on questions or even post in the IC thread because I can nearly type ^^;; I also apologise for the many typo's that might come the next few days c: …
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old June 17th, 2013, 01:35 AM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

I was just wondering, but if you do open up 2 additional spots in the RP could you reserve a spot for Dements? He's in the process of getting a new computer, but he's been really interested in this RP. I was shocked, he even watched SAO to get a better grasp of it, which is quite surprising since he has a general distaste for anything regarding anime. I think he even has a prototype SU in the works.

Old June 17th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Everyone's so serious, like "Help we're gonna die!", and here we have Shiren, who risks her life for items, nearly dies, and is eagerly doing manly laughter for the sake of humor only minutes later.

This world needs some love and happiness... And jokes. Plenty of jokes.

Old June 17th, 2013, 08:30 AM
True Epicness
Magnificent Turnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
This world needs some love and happiness... And jokes. Plenty of jokes.
Rest assured, if I get a place here, we'll be drowning in them. I'd probably attempt a pun-per-post, or something. There'd be so much wordplay, your lungs would turn into... PUNgs.

Yeah, I never said the jokes would be any good, in fact, quite the opposite :p

Old June 17th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Insanity is the greatest comedy!!!

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old June 17th, 2013, 05:00 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Nature: Calm
*sob* Why must you torture me like this?!?!? WHYYYYYY?!?????
Old June 18th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFyr1928 View Post
*sob* Why must you torture me like this?!?!? WHYYYYYY?!?????
Who is torturing you and how...? ovo
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old June 18th, 2013, 06:08 AM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Nature: Calm
Well, I watched the show, I found the RP, but there's no moar spots.....

There's even a wait list...
Old June 18th, 2013, 07:46 AM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

For the next week or so I might not be posting that much, I fell down a flight of stairs yesterday and sprained my ankle. Also hurt my back so until I'm feeling better too much time sitting at my computer makes me hurt more than I already am.
Old June 18th, 2013, 09:09 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
@Colony: you mistook my name for godot. It should be dotcom. LOL. but it's fine. have to write my post soon.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old June 18th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

@miltank: woops, I'll edit it, since it is a pretty big mistake...

All good now... Still embarrassing that I made that mistake. Don't know what I was thinking. :/

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Last edited by Colony; June 18th, 2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old June 20th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Maaaaybeeeee I'll make a few exceptions for Icefyr, Dements AND True Epicness :3

I'm thinking about another event c: some already know what kind of event it's gonna be.

My question: anyone up for it?
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old June 20th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Nauje
A sofa in San Tropez...
Community Supporter

The-there isn't anymore spots, is there? ... TT.TT

Sorry for asking, I know this RP has gone on for some time now, but I never realised there was a SAO RP here!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links