The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Come here to discuss the roleplay you are participating in, with your fellow players.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 23rd, 2013, 06:04 PM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
I talked to Dements today, and he suggested that within two weeks he should be good to go.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old June 24th, 2013, 11:13 AM
PinkSapphire
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to PinkSapphire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colony View Post
I talked to Dements today, and he suggested that within two weeks he should be good to go.
That's great c:

Everyone~ post post post~ Tomorrow i'll be sending a VM to everyone who hasn't posted within 7 days c:
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old June 24th, 2013, 11:19 AM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Nature: Calm
I take it my form has been accepted, then?
Old June 24th, 2013, 11:38 AM
machomuu
Gungnir!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFyr1928 View Post
I take it my form has been accepted, then?
Saph said this when she looked over your SU

Quote:
IceFyr1928 Same as Scyke: You didn't write down in what position your character has to stand to activate the sword arts.

I also think your level is too high for a player c: please drop it with 1 or 2 levels ^^
Old June 24th, 2013, 12:37 PM
True Epicness
Magnificent Turnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
Everyone~ post post post~
Whelp. Consider it done, I guess.

Debut poooossssttt, Turnip is IN THE GAME! Tremble before his... vegetable likeness? No idea where I was going with that. Anywho, I haven't got any of that fancy border picture stuff (grumblegrumble so jealous) but I've tried to make it neat and all. Still a bit of an SAO n00b though, so I just put up there whatever I thought'd be relevant. Copied all of you guys, basically. Sorry

Old June 24th, 2013, 03:05 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Nature: Calm
And I fixed it, and she said she'd look over it later.
Old June 24th, 2013, 04:34 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Have to say this, I guess. My activity will (once again) go down as exam week is coming up. I need to study! BRB!

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old June 24th, 2013, 04:59 PM
YellowGardevoir
Expert Breeder

Nature: Quiet
Hi, sorry for being on and off. I've been really busy. I posted again, and I hope that I can get much more into this RP. Again, sorry. Anyway, I had Yuri send Lucina a message, so I hope that doesn't matter.
Old June 24th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Skymin
the knight

Nature: Quirky
Hey guys!! Really sorry, but it looks I'll be dropping out of this one. I've really got no motivation to post and with my buddy Ichiro being as active as he is, there ain't much i can do.

sorry guys!! ):

GOODBYE MY FRIENDS ILL MISS YOU :'( / being human finale
my art blogi'll draw your character for $5!tumblr
Moderator of the Roleplay Corner / Atlantis Awakening / Paired with firelordyago
Old June 25th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

@Skymin: If you're planning on dropping out would it be a bit too insensitive to ask if Nirvana can PK Peperton? The quest with Nirvana and dotcom is almost over, so it shouldn't take too long if you don't mind it.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old June 25th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Skymin
the knight

Quote:
@Skymin: If you're planning on dropping out would it be a bit too insensitive to ask if Nirvana can PK Peperton? The quest with Nirvana and dotcom is almost over, so it shouldn't take too long if you don't mind it.
Well, she is with Titan atm. Knowing Peperton's personality, I don't think she could be killed (since she's a beater and a hardcore player), plus you'd really have to ask PinkSapphire or ShinyDiamond. Peperton is a perfectionist and aims to collect as many items as she can so by killing her, you'd be getting some pretty fancy gear. d:

Moderator of the Roleplay Corner / Atlantis Awakening / Paired with firelordyago
Old June 25th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Hmm, the Titan thing is a bit of a problem (a duel, possibly?). I don't really see how a character's personality determines whether or not they can be killed, but the level difference is a viable reason. To be honest the experience is more important than the items (which could be limited, if necessary). So, PS/SD would it be okay, if Skymin agrees, for Nirvana to kill Peperton? As far as Nirvana possibly being able to kill Peperton, he does have skills based specifically around player killing and Peperton doesn't have detection (a lot of Nirvana's battles focus on hiding), so there is a chance there.

Old June 25th, 2013, 02:42 AM
Skymin
the knight

Quote:
I don't really see how a character's personality determines whether or not they can be killed, but the level difference is a viable reason.
As in, she is a hardcore player, spends days and nights levelling and honing her skills and can't just be killed with ease. ;)

Old June 25th, 2013, 03:12 AM
PinkSapphire
Let's change the future

Ehhhmmm… sorry, I can't allow Nirvana to kill Peperton. Peperton is a hardcore player and a beater, it'd be way too hard for Nirvana to just kill her also because Titan (another beater) is with her. So i'm sorry.

Skymin is leaving? :c awwwww… well, I guess I should've trown in some more events instead of just two (since if SD posts the second event is nearing). Well, if you feel like returning someday, feel free to do so. I'll send Peperton's SU to you in a VM.
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old June 25th, 2013, 04:10 AM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
What if Colony and I kill Pepperton, since we're together for the moment? I doubt Pepperton and Titan could overpower us.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old June 25th, 2013, 04:52 AM
machomuu
Gungnir!

Wha-Why do you guys want to kill Peperton so badly?
Old June 25th, 2013, 05:41 AM
PinkSapphire
Let's change the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
What if Colony and I kill Pepperton, since we're together for the moment? I doubt Pepperton and Titan could overpower us. :)
No no no… I doubt you guys could overpower them together. Two beaters… level 15… hardcore players… against two normal player killers of level 13/14? Meh, it wouldn't make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Wha-Why do you guys want to kill Peperton so badly?
I got the same thought actually.
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old June 25th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Aww... It's not that I really want to kill anybody, well, maybe a little, since Nirvana is a player killer. The main reason is that I feel a bit disadvantaged, and I really don't know how to put this without sounding really childish... Like, when I applied I didn't want to make my character overpowered by making him a higher level, but now 4 other people (including JNathan) have submitted SUs with at minimum two levels higher than me. I'm not really against that and it's fine that they are higher levels, but I see that at least one is even abusing it to the point that their first post has 72% experience to the next level... Maybe I really am being childish over this. I don't know, but I do know that I'm being out leveled instantly (and fast) and the fastest way to gain XP is to kill players. I just thought that it would be an opportunity to use those 'rights' as a player killer to even up the field, so sorry if I seemed too eager. *Grumble, grumble* Still think that a sneak oriented PKer would be on even playing field with a character that can't see them, or even has a way to detect them (not counting Titan)...

Old June 25th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
I think you're looking at this the wrong way. Being a beater doesn't instantly give a player Kirito level skills. Actually, for the purposes of this RP the beaters aren't cheaters at all, just beta testers like blue-hair knight guy in episode 2 (who clearly wasn't near Kirito-level). They are also barely 1-2 levels higher, hardly a significant gap.

Why not kill a character that won't be in the RP anymore anyway? While I would recommend Skymin have peperton go out gloriously saving someone or facing incredible odds, she doesn't need to write another post if she doesn't want to. But the fact still remains that having her die is a much more reasonable way to have her out of the RP than mysteriously disappearing.

Of course this is all under the assumption that Skymin never intends on returning ever.

Battle-wise, dotcom and nirvana would never be able to defeat both Peperton and Titan. However, if they focus on just Peperton instead of going for the tank at all (really, what is a tank when it's not taking damage?) they could possibly take her out (although definitely not unscathed) before being driven off by Titan.

Of course she could also just be defeated by a monster(s) or go somewhere else (never to be seen again) in another person's post.
Old June 25th, 2013, 09:03 AM
True Epicness
Magnificent Turnip

Quote:
but I see that at least one is even abusing it to the point that their first post has 72% experience to the next level...
Well, uh... that's... something. I wouldn't call it abuse, to be honest it was just the first number I could think of off the top of my head, it's barely 3/4 through. I could probably change it, actually, considering there hasn't really been anything to do with it. As far as everyone in the RP is, though, 12 seems a medium-ish level.
I suppose I'll lower it, so long as that's alright. I'm liking 42. Hitchiker's Guide and all that.

Considering you're fighting a boss, there could easily be an XP potion drop, if it's any consolation :p As well as the load of XP you'd get from defeating the boss itself anyway.

At any rate, though, Turnip may well be stuck in awkwardness for a little while anyway. As much as he wants to grind, it could be a while before he's actually in the fray. He's had a few sceptical looks and things in the past, but nothing's really stopped him getting on with stuff. Delays are probable.

Old June 25th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Sorry, Epic, the word abuse may have been a bit over dramatic. I don't really want to single you out or anything. As far as the boss dropping anything like an XP potion, I don't think that would work. The whole idea of that quest boss was to get a special weapon. Anymore than that could easily be seen as pushing the boundary of what's fair, though I expect for miltank to get an item (of his choosing, other than the sword) as an enemy drop from the quest boss. Overall, my previous post was a bit of a rant and not necessarily all of my thoughts on the matter, so once again I apologize.

Geras seems to understand where I'm coming from. It's just a massive waste to have player killers when they can't even kill real players that are leaving. Add that to the fact that Nirvana and dotcom match up against Peperton and Titan rather well. Yes, Peperton and Titan are grind heavy players and Nirvana is a bit under leveled, but only one of them has <Detection> (the slower one at that), and both dotcom and Nirvana have very good attacks designed around <Hiding> and using distractions. I can't help but think we need that darn show Deadliest Warrior to figure this out. Though I would completely understand if Skymin planned on returning at some point, which would make a lot more sense than instantly saying Nirvana loses, nuff said. Dang it! I'm ranting again.

Old June 25th, 2013, 10:24 AM
PinkSapphire
Let's change the future

Dear Colony, your character should've leveled up atleast one time... I mean, check how many players and monsters he has killed. The reason I allowed higher leveled characters at this point is because the RP has already started and we're nearly about to find the teleport to the second floor.

As for Skymin's character. One of the other reasons I won't allow anyone to kill Peperton is because if Skymin wants to return at some point, she should be able to use Peperton again... unless she says that it's most likely that she won't return. If she says that... only THEN I might consider having you guys kill her since Skymin allowed it (sort of)

I never said that beaters had the same over-powered skills as Kirito had, I didn't even certify it like that. Beaters are merely players with more knowledge about the first 8 floors than others. The reason I find it unlikely that a player killer kills Peperton is because she's a hardcore grinder and Titan (another grinder) is with her, not because she's a beater.
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old June 25th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
Sorry, that was a bad comparison. I didn't mean to imply that you had said that. All I meant was that being a grinder only means they have power. That really says nothing in relation to skill. Grinding requires you to spend a lot of time on a game, not to be good at it. Of course I'm well aware that she is in fact good at the game, I just think tactics should be given a little more consideration than level in deciding the winner of a fight.
Old June 25th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Nauje
feel good hit of the summer?

Err, sorry I haven't started yet, went out last night and was busy all day today. I'll try sneak a post in today if I can aha
Old June 25th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Okay, okay. I get it. I'll drop the whole killing Peperton idea. You're right, I obviously didn't manage my character the right way and it is now showing. I will take note and try to allocate XP properly from now on.

Edit: Perhaps that was a bit of an exaggeration, and if that came off as rude or offensive then I am truly sorry. I would, however, like a decent guide line to what a PK, quest boss, or floor boss XP yield is. I really don't think I have a good understanding of how you want it to be, so any help would be appreciated.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Last edited by Colony; June 25th, 2013 at 08:46 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links