The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:15 AM
YellowGardevoir
Expert Breeder

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
Yellowgardevoir- Katana is alright, the extra skill can be unlocked by the GM's by occasional use of the curved sword skill, which means by regular use of your Katana. You DO need a curved blade skill to be able to use a Katana.
Thanks so much. This was really bugging me so I'm glad it has been clarified.
Also, PinkSaphire: I highly approve of the Fire Emblem reference.
Old May 13th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteBeats View Post
Oh my god, I just saw this RP. It looks so awesome!

:/ I said, and then realized there are no spots open... I guess I'll wish you good luck with this RP, then :)
I'll contact if a spot opens up :3 it might take awhile though ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowGardevoir View Post
Thanks so much. This was really bugging me so I'm glad it has been clarified.
Also, PinkSaphire: I highly approve of the Fire Emblem reference.
Why thank you :3 take a look at Skymin's SU ^^ you'll like it :p
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 13th, 2013, 11:22 AM
YellowGardevoir
Expert Breeder

@PinkSaphire: Ah, yes. I didn't get that at first because I've never actually recruited Severa.
Old May 13th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
∣ Shiren
100%
Signing Up

Chapter Zero: Part Zero
Sign-Up

In-Game Name: (Shiren) «試練-PATP001»

Appearance: Shiren is relatively small, like a young girl would be. She has bright, glowy blue eyes, with brilliant shining blue hair that seems to match. She has soft colored skin, and often wears armor that seems to resemble clothing more than anything, mostly in the form of skirts and dresses.

Personality: Shiren is often times quiet and well-reserved. She analyzes both allies and opponents, and doesn't really speak until she can say something without any doubt in her mind. She is kind, however, she is very able to take care of herself, even scoring some free items and aid from strangers by pulling off the 'scared/innocent child' act. However, once she is seen in battle, it proves to be little more than an act; this girl fights like a fully grown warrior. Fierce, determined, and so far, always victorious. However, she's yet to fight a boss, as people tend to call her a "Beater" and this causes everyone to avoid her. This causes her to work solo for the most part, however when she finds people who trust her she takes full advantage of the company given to her, both mentally and physically.

History: Sssshhh...

Skills:
  • Non-Combat
    -Sewing (Allows her to make average-looking clothes that have the same protection as most armors, with the ability to add stat boosts. Level up by creating new and unique clothing.)
    -
  • Passive
    -Sprint (Increases speed and Agility, allowing her to run directly up walls, and dodge enemy attacks more easily. Level up by running up walls and dodging attacks.)
    -
  • Combat
    -Battle Healing (Recover HP over time. Level up by hitting red zone with HP multiple times.)
    -
  • Weapon
    -One-Handed Curved Blade Skill
    -

Sword Arts:
  • Fell Crescent - (1-hit strike) A charge-type sword skill that delivers a downward blow and covers a distance of 4 meters in 0.4 seconds. Possible to hit multiple targets (if lined up properly).
  • Bowed Lunge - (3-hit strike) A charge-type sword skill that delivers two crossing slashes followed up by a lunging stab with a small bonus to armor penetration.
  • -

Level: 11

Code: リンクスタート

Last edited by Dusk; June 6th, 2013 at 07:13 AM.
Old May 13th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Krazzikk

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
Spoiler:
∣ Shiren
100%
Signing Up

Chapter Zero: Part Zero
Sign-Up

In-Game Name: (Shiren) «試練-PATP001»

Appearance: Shiren is relatively small, like a young girl would be. She has bright, glowy blue eyes, with brilliant shining blue hair that seems to match. She has soft colored skin, and often wears armor that seems to resemble clothing more than anything, mostly in the form of skirts and dresses.

Personality: Shiren is often times quiet and well-reserved. She analyzes both allies and opponents, and doesn't really speak until she can say something without any doubt in her mind. She is kind, however, she is very able to take care of herself, even scoring some free items and aid from strangers by pulling off the 'scared/innocent child' act. However, once she is seen in battle, it proves to be little more than an act; this girl fights like a fully grown warrior. Fierce, determined, and so far, always victorious. However, she's yet to fight a boss, as people tend to call her a "Beater" and this causes everyone to avoid her. This causes her to work solo for the most part, however when she finds people who trust her she takes full advantage of the company given to her, both mentally and physically.

History: Sssshhh...

Skills:
  • Non-Combat
    -Sewing (Allows her to make average-looking clothes that have the same protection as most armors, with the ability to add stat boosts. Level up by creating new and unique clothing.)
    -
  • Passive
    -Sprint (Increases speed and Agility, allowing her to run directly up walls, and dodge enemy attacks more easily. Level up by running up walls and dodging attacks.)
    -Detection (Allows her to detect monsters (and players) and prevent ambush. Level up by using Detection.)
    -
  • Combat
    -Battle Healing (Recover HP over time. Level up by hitting red zone with HP multiple times.)
    -
  • Weapon
    -One-Handed Curved Blade Skill

Sword Arts:
  • Fell Crescent - (1-hit strike) A charge-type sword skill that delivers a downward blow of 115% damage and covers a distance of 4 meters in 0.4 seconds. Possible to hit multiple targets.
  • Fatal Flurry - (11-hit strike) An activated sword skill that can only be activated during the moment the user dodges an attack. A flash of ten instantaneous attacks that are, if every hit was successful, followed up by a charged stab that does 125% damage and 100% chance to cause the stun effect.
  • -

Level: 15

Code: リンクスタート

Erhm, sorry but I don't think there's any spots left. Your SU is pretty fancy though :3

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 13th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzikk View Post
Erhm, sorry but I don't think there's any spots left. Your SU is pretty fancy though :3
Actually, I was one of the first reserves.

So, three whole pages? What did I miss?

Old May 13th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Quote:
He was one of the first reservants but reserved via facebook :3 he was already in the list if you take a good look ^^
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old May 13th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Krazzikk

Quote:
He was one of the first reservants but reserved via facebook :3 he was already in the list if you take a good look
Oh I need to just stop talking... lol

I hadn't seen him in the thread before and the list was full so I made an assumption q-q

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:01 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:
Actually, I was one of the first reserves.

So, three whole pages? What did I miss?
We posted a LOOOOT of not so PG material, but then Skymin came in and deleted it all.
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Quote:
Oh I need to just stop talking... lol

I hadn't seen him in the thread before and the list was full so I made an assumption q-q
Don't worry :3 *pats head* talking is good, it leaves some fun in the OOC~

Yeah his reservation was a little unnoticed but I guess it wasn't a suprise to a lot of people ^^
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky
haha we have a lot of high levelled participants, don't we? oh, and question since I can't remember from SAO; are there level caps for each floor?

also, zerin, I may not be the GM but you have 5 skills
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:15 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

And good God, those arts. They're hella powerful, they make my character's seem really weak by comparison (especially when you compare flurry attacks). I'd be surprised if she didn't instakill everything.

Last edited by machomuu; May 13th, 2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
haha we have a lot of high levelled participants, don't we? oh, and question since I can't remember from SAO; are there level caps for each floor?

Yeah we do :/ well… I don't think there is anything I can do about it now. I just hope some people will make low levelled characters.

Also, you and Machomuu are both right, that's why he wasn't accepted yet.

Wolfy- Facebook chat is easier.
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Krazzikk

Who can obtain the Martial Arts skill. It says extra skill but it doesn't define who it's for.

Old May 13th, 2013, 01:42 PM
YellowGardevoir
Expert Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
And good God, those arts. They're hella powerful, they make my character's seem really weak by comparison (especially when you compare flurry attacks). I'd be surprised if she didn't instakill everything.
I feel the same way... But I don't think it will be a problem. We just need to come up with even better arts for the other four we get!

@PinkSaphire: I can lower my character's level if you want. It would make some sense anyway, seeing how he's not a beater or anything.
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:45 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

@Krazzikk - Here's your answer:
Quote:
Martial Arts is an extra skill that can be unlocked by a certain quest :3 I can't give more information than that... you should just check the bulletin board every once in awhile~ Yes, i'm planning on creating one... but since i'm not the only GM, I should discuss the bulletin board idea with SD :3
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Yeah we do :/ well… I don't think there is anything I can do about it now. I just hope some people will make low levelled characters.
yuh. people have to remember personality. for instance, my character is a hardcore grinder and perfectionist and basically never sleeps (hence night vision as a skill!) and thus she spends all her time levelling up to be better than everyone. I can understand why dotcom is high level too, because defeating players would really bring up your experience. if your character is shy and hates confrontation though, if you want them a high level, you'd really have to think how (maybe they steal EXP by stealing kills at the last minute or get EXP from other skills like cooking (if that's possible????). as far as I can u understand is that even if you're low level, it won't take away any of the fun :)

my second choice for a character was actually gonna be a really lazy guy who just eats and bums around all day and hid behind others in battle haha

that's my 2 cents anyways
Old May 13th, 2013, 02:01 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:
yuh. people have to remember personality. for instance, my character is a hardcore grinder and perfectionist and basically never sleeps (hence night vision as a skill!) and thus she spends all her time levelling up to be better than everyone. I can understand why dotcom is high level too, because defeating players would really bring up your experience. if your character is shy and hates confrontation though, if you want them a high level, you'd really have to think how (maybe they steal EXP by stealing kills at the last minute or get EXP from other skills like cooking (if that's possible????). as far as I can u understand is that even if you're low level, it won't take away any of the fun :)

my second choice for a character was actually gonna be a really lazy guy who just eats and bums around all day and hid behind others in battle haha

that's my 2 cents anyways
This is also why William is level 11. Given that he generally and mostly fights higher leveled enemies, he's level 11 (and he does so quite often). I didn't put him up to the cap since he indulges in cooking and forging and the like (which...I assume give you some exp. If not the use of it, at the very least the quests do). It's generally a mixture of the two things, as he often goes to higher levelled areas to get materials, for the sake of killing two birds with one stone.

But, given that I don't exactly know how fast one should level if they were to live like that or how much they would in a month, I'd be happy to lower it, if need be.
Old May 13th, 2013, 02:33 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

I can level Maria Down a little bit she's level 15 but I can make her between 10 and 12, also need to make slight changes to my sword arts. Originally had her with a curved blade then changed my mind but forgot to make the changes in her Sword arts
Old May 13th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Dusk

Quote:

Fixed, my mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
I got rid of the percentages (I think people are getting confused on them.) and reworded it a bit. But how in the world are they overpowered? I imagine in most every game skills are stronger than regular attacks, otherwise why would you use them? Either way, I fixed it. Also, the first one is straight from the wiki.

Old May 13th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

My character is also a heavy grinder, though not really as much until after the lock in.
I'm going to make a smaller SU for Rose consisting of Personality and Appearence, her history is irrelevant because she is a supporting character.

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old May 13th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Krazzikk

Well guys just to let you know I'm working on a PKer to add a lil' more spice to this RP. Me n' dotcom can be a duo. Or rivals. Either way it'll make it a lot more interesting I'd imagine.

Old May 13th, 2013, 03:27 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:
I got rid of the percentages (I think people are getting confused on them.) and reworded it a bit. But how in the world are they overpowered? I imagine in most every game skills are stronger than regular attacks, otherwise why would you use them? Either way, I fixed it. Also, the first one is straight from the wiki.
Well, 10-11 attacks, plus one that does 125% damage...that's crazy powerful, assuming that each strike is the power of a regular one. I was worried that my flurry might be OP. Having said that, those very well could be the standard (and of course, there's the chance that each struck is weaker, or much weaker than regular strikes), and my character could be severely underpowered, but I would think that, with at least attacks like the second one and the frequency at which an art can be used as referenced by the anime, it'd be pretty easy to take down much stronger enemies.

Last edited by machomuu; May 13th, 2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old May 13th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

In most games I play with multi-hit attacks, the attacks usually do 60% damage each (Still strong, but not overpowered). I think the balancing issue is that it stuns, does a massive strike, and them 10 smaller strikes. Doing 10X your damage is bad enough, but not being able to do anything while it is happening is worse. Add the massive strike, and you'll be a nuke.

If I may suggest, instead of stun, make it slow the target by 50% or less, each of the 10 strikes can do 60% damage in a flurry, then the next basic attack does 125% damage. Obviously this should have a high Cooldown period (Like once a battle).

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Dusk

Either way, I removed the percentages. I think something was off in my head writing it out.

Also, I set the final strike to "heightened chance to stun". I do this because in Sword Art all attacks have a chance to stun, the move would just be more likely.

Also, the cooldown isn't totally necessary, as the skill can only be activated under a specific circumstance.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here