The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Krazzikk's Avatar
Krazzikk
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
If we have a one handed weapon skill can we have another one handed weapon skill? I'm a bit confused on the whole skill thing >_<
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #77    
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:16 PM
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 'Murca
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
Also, the cooldown isn't totally necessary, as the skill can only be activated under a specific circumstance.
I'd still recommend some type of cooldown, because wouldn't that make fighting slower enemies (such as golems) pretty easy?

I mean, if you do go with it, I might replace one of my current skills with Facade and get that one later.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #78    
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:21 PM
銀ヤミ's Avatar
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Elysia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
I'd still recommend some type of cooldown, because wouldn't that make fighting slower enemies (such as golems) pretty easy?

I mean, if you do go with it, I might replace one of my current skills with Facade and get that one later.
I suppose once per fight, since I don't imagine she'd even use it any more often than that.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #79    
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:25 PM
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 'Murca
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
I suppose once per fight, since I don't imagine she'd even use it any more often than that.
I'd say that, as long as it's not abused, it's fine. Still, I'd say that it could be used more than once per battle, just not so much that it could be abused by the user.

...then again, I'm not the GM, so this doesn't really have to mean anything.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #80    
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Skymin's Avatar
Skymin
the Knight
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: london
Age: 21
Nature: Quirky
Just a matter of fairness. In saying that though, I suppose we aren't all entirely against each other (except for the PKers). Though, if we ever were to battle eachother, we'd have to take all things into consideration.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #81    
Old May 13th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Krazzikk's Avatar
Krazzikk
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Where has ShinyDiamond been btw?



When the IC thread is posted I'll make the "Link Start" text a link to the IC :D *Added*[/COLOR]


Sign Up


Real Name: Kyoden Eguchi
In-game name: Zurui
Gender: Male
Age: 17
Country: Osaka, Japan (big city)
Status: PKer
Appearance: Zurui has dark brown hair, often mistaken for black, that has a "blown-back" look. Prior to Sword Art Online he had a soft, warm face that was welcoming. But after killing multiple players in Sword Art Online his complexion hardened and his profile evolved into a much more sinister look. He isn't bulky, nor skinny but has a medium build, and is fairly tall for a Japanese 17 year old, at 5 feet, 7 inches, and weighs about 130lbs.
Personality:
History: Coming Soon
Skills:
- One Handed Dagger
-Throwing Weapons (not in use)
- Parry
- Hiding
Sword Arts
Cloak & Dagger:
{Deep Purple Glow} Zurui slips into the shadows briefly, and reappears a few seconds later behind his target, backstabbing them for critical damage.
Venom Edge: {Dark Green Glow}attacks for 50% extra damage, and applies a poison DoT.

















>>Link Start<<



__________________

Last edited by Krazzikk; May 17th, 2013 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Link Start HyperLink added (I'll start working on actual SU now)
Reply With Quote
  #82    
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:25 PM
ShinyDiamond's Avatar
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Aincrad
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Bashful
I've been at work all weekend, which is every weekend. I barely got enough time to read the first post & ALL the posts here. I had time today, though I got caught up with reading four pages here...& playing Fire Emblem Awakening...& listening to Crossing Field over & over again. Now that I'm caught up here, I'm gonna get started with my SU, as I have not even begun the process. Forgive me.

Spoiler:
Real Life Name: Denny Anthony Rojas

In-game name: Robin

Gender: Male

Age: 18

Country: United States of America

Status: Beater

Appearance:

Personality: For now, let’s call him Robin. Robin is your typical silent guy. He likes to seclude himself & waste time on his free hobbies. He’s not quick with words, but he has speed in his fists. He’s okay with speaking to someone he knows well, otherwise lacking trust in strangers, specifically women. He gets flustered around any kind of women, friend or foe. When he does reply with words, & this is only when they speak to him, he tries carefully to find the proper words, at the same time stuttering. He dares not speak to a women unless necessary. That aside, he is a gifted swordsman willing to protect others where they cannot. Yes, man & woman. In battle, he puts his fears aside & tries his best to take down his foe, at the same time guarding the victim. He has a path of getting stronger to protect those he loves or not. The reason he doesn’t make contact so freely is that if he loses that person, it would break his heart & he would blame himself.

History: As a child, Denny always fantasized about wielding swords. His father owned a dojo where he taught his students in martial arts. Before Denny took his first classes, he secluded himself in his room usually all day. In his room, he watched shows that included action & adventure. He loved those shows so much, he wanted to be part of the story, his own story. That’s when his parents suggested he take his father’s classes. Denny was reluctant at first, but when his father mentioned what he could do (out of self-defense), sword in hand, nunchaku, Denny considered the idea. Yes, weapons were mentioned. Eventually, he agreed to take the classes, ignoring his shyness, & began his first lessons. He couldn’t start with weapons right away. He first had to learn the basics. He was fine with that.

Years pass, Denny faces reality & understands it more. He learns, from school, that not everyone is nice. There are bullies, beating other students just because. Just because! Denny wasn’t close to those people, but he always intervened. Whenever he did, he was always the one in trouble. He didn’t mind, knowing he was able to protect those that could not themselves. The first few times he was facing suspension, so he tried to save other kids then hide as best as he can. He had few friends, but also had one best friend. However, he was sick one day, but he went to school anyway. Some bullies were up to no good again, harassing a girl for whatever reason. Denny was a bit shocked & blushed a bit to see another girl, any girl, in his time. He put his fear aside however. He & his friend intervened, but since Denny was too sick to help much, he saw his best friend beat up badly. If the teachers hadn’t come sooner, he would’ve ended up in the hospital. He kept telling his friend how sorry he was & he should’ve done more, but his friend kept telling him it was okay. He told Denny it would’ve ended that way anyway even if he didn’t come. It broke Denny’s heart to see his friend like this. The next few days he did his best to avoid anybody or he’d get too close to them, even his friend. His friend did his best to hang out with him, but only a few times did Denny hang out with him, but the times were short. As for the girl, she thanked Denny & the other guy who has yet to be named for their help. Denny did his best to avoid eye contact & say it was no trouble, already attempting to leave. The girl tried to become friends with them. Denny allowed this, to his surprise as well, but made sure contact in any way was minimal.

More years pass. Denny has taken up swords now in his class. In his spare time, he takes practice to further his training in the sword arts. As he was watching TV, he saw some news about a new game coming soon: Sword Art Online. When he saw the name, he figured it was the same as what he was doing. It mentioned it had virtual reality, much to Denny’s expectations. He thought of giving it a try & see how it works. He was chosen as a beta tester & bought the NerveGear. It was breathtaking. Everything looked so real. He looked through everything & was careful in battle. In the game, he made no contact with anyone, as usual, or at least kept it to a minimum. If he wanted to know something, he need but ask. As the release date arrived, Denny was a bit thrilled to try out the game once more. From there, well, you know the rest.

Skills:
-Forging
-Detection
-Delay
-One-Handed Straight Sword

Sword arts:
-Beautiful Luna: The user takes a back stance while holding the sword diagonally upward, at which point the sword glows vivid white. The user speeds towards the target &, inches apart, slices downward on the target as if shaping the moon. Does moderate damage.

-Sonic Spin: With the sword held tightly, the user stands in a walking position sideways while facing the target, the sword facing downward as it glows a spiky blue. The glow makes it look like the sword has extra sharp points on the sides. When activated, the user jumps high & comes down on the target from up above, spinning vertically forward with the sword in front of the user. The sword makes contact with the target as it slices right through him. Can be dodged if the target times it right.

Level: 9

Code: It's been a while... Link Start!
__________________

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.


Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~

Last edited by ShinyDiamond; May 14th, 2013 at 02:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #83    
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Krazzikk's Avatar
Krazzikk
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyDiamond View Post
Skills:
-Forging
-Detection
-Delay
-One-Handed Straight Sword
I feel like you're countering me o.O
xD

I'm gonna head to bed. \o
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #84    
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:54 PM
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 'Murca
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
...Is the title of this RP by any chance a reference to Utada Hikaru's Sanctuary? (aka the theme song to Kingdom Hearts 2)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #85    
Old May 13th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Geras32's Avatar
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Where do cowboys come from?
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Finally done!
Real Life Name: Rikuto Yuuto Sato
In-game name: Ryuusa
Gender: Male
Age: 25
Country: Japan
Status: Player

Appearance:


Personality: Rikuto is very diligent and is able to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time. He is also very cautious, hence the reason he chooses to battle from behind his shield. Very rarely does he do anything without thinking hard about it beforehand.

When it comes to other people, he tries to be friendly to those he thinks aren’t trouble. He has a soft spot for very young children, especially girls due to his fixation on getting back to his daughter. Rikuto is willing to go to hell and back to reunite with his family, but he understands clearly that getting himself killed won’t help anything. Thus, while he is not adverse to facing danger, he will not do so without the proper preparation. He will not cut corners concerning this preparation, and will work as long as it takes to ensure it is complete.

Rikuto has picked up a knack for monetary matters thanks to his time with the company, and he uses this to run his shop in the town of beginnings. He hopes to someday expand to other towns and maybe even other floors once they a have become accessible. This is one of his two primary sources of profit, and he believes that getting good equipment is just as necessary as gaining experience.

History: Rikuto grew up believing that happiness in life lay in stability. His dream was to work for a company, have a home, a wife, and two children. Riku, as he was referred to in his youth, met his wife Mizuki during university, where they fell in love and married soon after graduating. Right out of graduation, he also managed to get hired for a well known telecommunications company he’d shown interest in. By age 23 he had a newborn daughter (who had been named Yumi), a loving wife, and a stable job as a salaryman. Unfortunately, he soon found out that was by no means an ideal life. Rikuto worked long hours for low prestige and average pay. He constantly found himself doing everything he was told to by the higher-ups in the desperate struggle for a promotion. In the end, he was left with only one day a week and a few hours a night as time for both himself and his family. He started to hate his job, but he knew that it would be difficult to get another one that would be able to support his family as well as this one, and he had already devoted too much time and effort to pleasing his bosses, kept going by the hope that the next promotion was close at hand. He felt that this was damaging his relationship with Mizuki as well.

Nostalgic for his younger days, Rikuto once again took up a hobby he had dropped upon entering the workforce; video games. He discovered he had yet another time he was able to have to himself; his time on the train to and from work. What amounted to about 40 minutes of gaming a day on a handheld was something he was convinced helped keep him sane. One day that promotion finally came and with it came even more stress, but that was made bearable by his increase in pay. With it, he was able to save up enough to get himself a little piece of luxury without harming his savings; the NerveGear virtual reality console and the hit MMO Sword Art Online. He adored RPGs and was an avid fan of MMOs in his younger years, so it was only natural for him to be drawn to SAO. He planned to only play it on his day off, maybe for an hour or so as to not cut into spending time with his wife.

When Rikuto began the game for the first time, he was enthralled by the vast world before him. Better yet, he could be whoever he wanted there. He no longer needed to be Mr.Sato the salaryman. After an hour of learning the basics then farming money from enemies he finally had enough to buy a simple spear and shield, and he was ready to log out. Strangely, though, there was no function to do so. Soon came the announcement from Kayaba Akihiko, and with it came a curtain of despair over the young salaryman. He could care less about his job, but the thought of what his absence from both work and home would do to Mizuki and Yumi devastated him. Rikuto spent the majority of the first month in a state of depression, sulking in the town of beginnings for the most part. Once he truly realized, however, that there was no way out unless they beat the game, he began training obsessively. He also managed a shop (which became successful thanks to his business sense), using his profits from that and monster hunting to get more advanced equipment. Owning a large kite shield and a partisan, Rikuto now devotes his all to clearing the game and reuniting with his wife and daughter.

Skills:
- One handed assault spear
- Battle healing
- Detection
- Forging

Sword arts:
Lightning thrust: The user’s polearm glows yellow as they pull it back. After holding it in that position for three seconds, the user thrusts it forward. This attack ignores any guarding, armor, or destroyable objects but only affects the area directly in front of the weapon’s tip.

Thunder burst: The user’s weapon glows white as they hold it straight up in the air. They then slam it into the ground directly downward, creating a surrounding shockwave that has a force and radius directly proportionate to the amount of time the user held the weapon in the air (The radius increases one foot per second held). Those hit by the wave are thrown back and damaged. The user is stunned for half the amount of time they were lifting the weapon.

Level: 6

Note: Rikuto's store is currently a general item store for the most part, but it has recently begun to include weapons as his forging skill has improved.

Link Start
__________________
*Insert witty and/or thought provoking quote here*

Last edited by Geras32; May 13th, 2013 at 09:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #86    
Old May 13th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Rose Quartz's Avatar
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In your mind.
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzikk View Post
If we have a one handed weapon skill can we have another one handed weapon skill? I'm a bit confused on the whole skill thing >_<
You can only have one weapon skill, so if you choose for a One Handed Straight Sword and want to start fighting with a… batlle axe for example, then you have to remove your One Handed Straight Sword Skill and replace it with the battle axe skill. You can't have two One Handed weapon skills at once because that would be dual blade which is an unique skill.

I hope I explained it well~

This is the same for everyone, you can have more weapon skills… but you can only equip one at a time.
So when you decide to take another weapon skill, you put (not in use) behind the one you're not using so that it's obvious for the GM's and other players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
I suppose once per fight, since I don't imagine she'd even use it any more often than that.
I will read everyone's posts so I hope you can promise me this. Also, this means that your next sword art has to be less powerful to keep it fair… because I still think it's a little over-powered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
Just a matter of fairness. In saying that though, I suppose we aren't all entirely against each other (except for the PKers). Though, if we ever were to battle eachother, we'd have to take all things into consideration.
I agree with this. It should be fair for all players so that there are no huge differences in power when they battle against each other. (unless one of them is level 21 and the other one level 45 or something <-- example)

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
...Is the title of this RP by any chance a reference to Utada Hikaru's Sanctuary? (aka the theme song to Kingdom Hearts 2)
You… just why… WHY?!

…… I guess >.>


Geras32- It looks great :3 I will ask SD for his opinion though~

Everyone- If there are people willing to bring their levels down a little, i'd appreciate that :3 You don't have bring the levels down when the characters have a good reason for being level 14/15 ^^

I'm stuck in my decision if I'll be a beater or a player so… when i've decided you'll see the level drop down a bit or not… but that's only when I decide being a beater
__________________
Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Reply With Quote
  #87    
Old May 14th, 2013, 12:51 AM
Skymin's Avatar
Skymin
the Knight
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: london
Age: 21
Nature: Quirky
so, i asked this before but i don't think it was answered

but is there a level cap for each floor? for instance, is level 1's level 15?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #88    
Old May 14th, 2013, 01:18 AM
Rose Quartz's Avatar
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In your mind.
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
so, i asked this before but i don't think it was answered

but is there a level cap for each floor? for instance, is level 1's level 15?
I'm sorry, I probably forgot to answer it.

No there is no level cap, If I had said "choose a level" then i'm sure there would've been a lot of players who would've choosen around 15 to 20.

The higher your level is, the less experience points you will get though. So someone with level 5 will level up faster on the first floor compared to someone with level 15.

So on this point a lot of players will need to do some effort to reach the next level.

There IS a recommended level, however.
Floor 1's recommended level is 1
Floor 2's recommended level will be 15 (this is just an example)

Maybe I should add this to the "floors" section…
__________________
Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Reply With Quote
  #89    
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:05 AM
miltankRancher's Avatar
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Well, I guess me being a PK'er is a good justification on my level. I killed six of my guild mates already, so yeah.

Question: I know I'm accepted, but could I make a tiny little change to my SU? PArticularly in the Sword Arts? I'm not kind of contented in mine. But, it's cool if its not. LOL.
__________________

I am a Roleplayer


...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Reply With Quote
  #90    
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:40 AM
Aques Keus's Avatar
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Cave of Hymns
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Well there could be a point where the monsters are too low to give XP (Like in WoW, a zone becomes useless when you or 5 or so levels higher than the enemy) effectively making a level cap. (Like the highest monster, not boss, on floor 1 could be lvl 12, which is standard as far as I can tell for zone 1s in MMOs)

quests have no such restriction
__________________
College Bound, Mentally Sound.

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Reply With Quote
  #91    
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:45 AM
Rose Quartz's Avatar
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In your mind.
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Quote:
Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
Well, I guess me being a PK'er is a good justification on my level. I killed six of my guild mates already, so yeah.

Question: I know I'm accepted, but could I make a tiny little change to my SU? PArticularly in the Sword Arts? I'm not kind of contented in mine. But, it's cool if its not. LOL.
As long as they don't turn into over-powered Sword Arts SD and I are fine with it :3 But we will check it after you are done changing it, just in case.

Khawill- Yeah you're right :3 but in this RP they will give only a little bit of XP.
__________________
Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Reply With Quote
  #92    
Old May 14th, 2013, 05:37 AM
銀ヤミ's Avatar
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Elysia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
Spoiler:
∣ Shiren
100%
Signing Up

Chapter Zero: Part Zero
Sign-Up



In-Game Name: (Shiren) «試練-PATP001»
Gender: Female
Age: 12
Status: "Beater"

Appearance: Shiren is relatively small, like a young girl would be. She has bright, glowy blue eyes, with brilliant shining blue hair that seems to match. She has soft colored skin, and often wears armor that seems to resemble clothing more than anything, mostly in the form of skirts and dresses.

Personality: Shiren is often times quiet and well-reserved. She analyzes both allies and opponents, and doesn't really speak until she can say something without any doubt in her mind. She is kind, however, she is very able to take care of herself, even scoring some free items and aid from strangers by pulling off the 'scared/innocent child' act. However, once she is seen in battle, it proves to be little more than an act; this girl fights like a fully grown warrior. Fierce, determined, and so far, always victorious. However, she's yet to fight a boss, as people tend to call her a "Beater" and this causes everyone to avoid her. This causes her to work solo for the most part, however when she finds people who trust her she takes full advantage of the company given to her, both mentally and physically.

History: Sssshhh...

Skills:
  • Non-Combat
    -Sewing (Allows her to make average-looking clothes that have the same protection as most armors, with the ability to add stat boosts. Level up by creating new and unique clothing.)
    -
  • Passive
    -Sprint (Increases speed and Agility, allowing her to run directly up walls, and dodge enemy attacks more easily. Level up by running up walls and dodging attacks.)
    -
  • Combat
    -Battle Healing (Recover HP over time. Level up by hitting red zone with HP multiple times.)
    -
  • Weapon
    -One-Handed Curved Blade Skill
    -

Sword Arts:
  • Fell Crescent - (1-hit strike) A charge-type sword skill that delivers a downward blow and covers a distance of 4 meters in 0.4 seconds. Possible to hit multiple targets (if lined up properly).
  • Bowed Lunge - (3-hit strike) A charge-type sword skill that delivers two crossing slashes followed up by a lunging stab with a small bonus to armor penetration.
  • -

Level: 11

Code: リンクスタート

It has been revised already, you know. ._.
__________________



Last edited by 銀ヤミ; May 15th, 2013 at 07:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #93    
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:04 AM
miltankRancher's Avatar
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Never mind. I just realized I still have many more slots for sword arts later. XD
__________________

I am a Roleplayer


...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Reply With Quote
  #94    
Old May 14th, 2013, 01:00 PM
YellowGardevoir's Avatar
YellowGardevoir
Expert Breeder
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
I hate to sound like I'm nagging, but when do you guys plan to release the in character thread?
__________________
RP's I am in:
Nokam Ylisse in Fire Emblem: Re-Awakening
Nami Tange in RéBURST ~RéBOOT~
Reply With Quote
  #95    
Old May 14th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Rose Quartz's Avatar
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In your mind.
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowGardevoir View Post
I hate to sound like I'm nagging, but when do you guys plan to release the in character thread?
I think I will we'll release it tomorrow :3
__________________
Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Reply With Quote
  #96    
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:41 PM
ShinyDiamond's Avatar
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Aincrad
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzikk View Post
I feel like you're countering me o.O
xD

I'm gonna head to bed. \o
I don't know how I'm countering you. I just chose the skills that suited me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
I think I will we'll release it tomorrow :3
& you don't consult me? I thought we were partners!

I'm done with my SU now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyDiamond View Post
I've been at work all weekend, which is every weekend. I barely got enough time to read the first post & ALL the posts here. I had time today, though I got caught up with reading four pages here...& playing Fire Emblem Awakening...& listening to Crossing Field over & over again. Now that I'm caught up here, I'm gonna get started with my SU, as I have not even begun the process. Forgive me.

Spoiler:
Real Life Name: Denny Anthony Rojas

In-game name: Robin

Gender: Male

Age: 18

Country: United States of America

Status: Beater

Appearance:

Personality: For now, let’s call him Robin. Robin is your typical silent guy. He likes to seclude himself & waste time on his free hobbies. He’s not quick with words, but he has speed in his fists. He’s okay with speaking to someone he knows well, otherwise lacking trust in strangers, specifically women. He gets flustered around any kind of women, friend or foe. When he does reply with words, & this is only when they speak to him, he tries carefully to find the proper words, at the same time stuttering. He dares not speak to a women unless necessary. That aside, he is a gifted swordsman willing to protect others where they cannot. Yes, man & woman. In battle, he puts his fears aside & tries his best to take down his foe, at the same time guarding the victim. He has a path of getting stronger to protect those he loves or not. The reason he doesn’t make contact so freely is that if he loses that person, it would break his heart & he would blame himself.

History: As a child, Denny always fantasized about wielding swords. His father owned a dojo where he taught his students in martial arts. Before Denny took his first classes, he secluded himself in his room usually all day. In his room, he watched shows that included action & adventure. He loved those shows so much, he wanted to be part of the story, his own story. That’s when his parents suggested he take his father’s classes. Denny was reluctant at first, but when his father mentioned what he could do (out of self-defense), sword in hand, nunchaku, Denny considered the idea. Yes, weapons were mentioned. Eventually, he agreed to take the classes, ignoring his shyness, & began his first lessons. He couldn’t start with weapons right away. He first had to learn the basics. He was fine with that.

Years pass, Denny faces reality & understands it more. He learns, from school, that not everyone is nice. There are bullies, beating other students just because. Just because! Denny wasn’t close to those people, but he always intervened. Whenever he did, he was always the one in trouble. He didn’t mind, knowing he was able to protect those that could not themselves. The first few times he was facing suspension, so he tried to save other kids then hide as best as he can. He had few friends, but also had one best friend. However, he was sick one day, but he went to school anyway. Some bullies were up to no good again, harassing a girl for whatever reason. Denny was a bit shocked & blushed a bit to see another girl, any girl, in his time. He put his fear aside however. He & his friend intervened, but since Denny was too sick to help much, he saw his best friend beat up badly. If the teachers hadn’t come sooner, he would’ve ended up in the hospital. He kept telling his friend how sorry he was & he should’ve done more, but his friend kept telling him it was okay. He told Denny it would’ve ended that way anyway even if he didn’t come. It broke Denny’s heart to see his friend like this. The next few days he did his best to avoid anybody or he’d get too close to them, even his friend. His friend did his best to hang out with him, but only a few times did Denny hang out with him, but the times were short. As for the girl, she thanked Denny & the other guy who has yet to be named for their help. Denny did his best to avoid eye contact & say it was no trouble, already attempting to leave. The girl tried to become friends with them. Denny allowed this, to his surprise as well, but made sure contact in any way was minimal.

More years pass. Denny has taken up swords now in his class. In his spare time, he takes practice to further his training in the sword arts. As he was watching TV, he saw some news about a new game coming soon: Sword Art Online. When he saw the name, he figured it was the same as what he was doing. It mentioned it had virtual reality, much to Denny’s expectations. He thought of giving it a try & see how it works. He was chosen as a beta tester & bought the NerveGear. It was breathtaking. Everything looked so real. He looked through everything & was careful in battle. In the game, he made no contact with anyone, as usual, or at least kept it to a minimum. If he wanted to know something, he need but ask. As the release date arrived, Denny was a bit thrilled to try out the game once more. From there, well, you know the rest.

Skills:
-Forging
-Detection
-Delay
-One-Handed Straight Sword

Sword arts:
-Beautiful Luna: The user takes a back stance while holding the sword diagonally upward, at which point the sword glows vivid white. The user speeds towards the target &, inches apart, slices downward on the target as if shaping the moon. Does moderate damage.

-Sonic Spin: With the sword held tightly, the user stands in a walking position sideways while facing the target, the sword facing downward as it glows a spiky blue. The glow makes it look like the sword has extra sharp points on the sides. When activated, the user jumps high & comes down on the target from up above, spinning vertically forward with the sword in front of the user. The sword makes contact with the target as it slices right through him. Can be dodged if the target times it right.

Level: 9

Code: It's been a while... Link Start!
__________________

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.


Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Reply With Quote
  #97    
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Rose Quartz's Avatar
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In your mind.
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Geras32 is accepted
WolfOfEve is accepted

ShinyDiamond-
that's why I said "think"! ^^;; I was about to consult you~ sorry dear c: i'll add your SU to the list in a few and finish my own.
__________________
Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Reply With Quote
  #98    
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:58 PM
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 'Murca
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Interesting that Robin both looks like the source character in real life and has the in-game name of said character. Makes me wonder if he would have looked any different even if Kayaba hadn't pulled the mirror trick.

Also, do Kirito and Asuna exist? Or at the very least, does Asuna? I only ask because of your (Saph's) character's basis off of Asuna.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #99    
Old May 15th, 2013, 02:12 AM
Rose Quartz's Avatar
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In your mind.
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Interesting that Robin both looks like the source character in real life and has the in-game name of said character. Makes me wonder if he would have looked any different even if Kayaba hadn't pulled the mirror trick.

Also, do Kirito and Asuna exist? Or at the very least, does Asuna? I only ask because of your (Saph's) character's basis off of Asuna.
I'll discuss with SD if they exist, I didn't really thought of that one.

My character's basis off of Asuna? Could you explain why you think that please? c: since my SU isn't even finished yet xD
__________________
Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell

Last edited by Rose Quartz; May 15th, 2013 at 02:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #100    
Old May 15th, 2013, 07:52 AM
銀ヤミ's Avatar
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Elysia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
I'll be back here, sipping tea with disinterest. (See: Awesome new signature)




Though in reality, I'm quite excited for this. Shiren should prove to make quite an interesting character, for those who interact with her.

Personally I think it'd be better if the canonical characters were excluded, with the exception of Kayaba of course.




I hadn't actually put PvP into consideration, so now I'm starting to see where everyone was getting at.

I'll save that skill for later, I've given Shiren Bowed Lunge in its place.
__________________


Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.