Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 17th, 2013 (04:44 AM).
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
The second floor has been posted guys! I recommend reading the whole thing to prevent questions that are already answered in the OOC Thread.

I will try to add new quests to the bulletin tomorrow.
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old September 17th, 2013 (11:04 AM).
Turnip
Magnificent Turnip

Quote originally posted by DuskLunacy:
TURNIP - Perhaps Phoenix can actually initiate her "reasoning" plan after Nightmare surrenders... Though it would be far less of a benefit to Nightmare, and more of making him pay ransom for his own safety, in the form of box loot.
Hmm, maybe. Though Turnip would probably vote to kill the guy. Also, it's a little bit more complicated considering that the box loot is no longer box loot, and is now just regular loot in the form of the Coat of Midnight. Actually, Colony was really cunning with making Nirvana take the coat. It suits him, I sort of don't want to take it from him :p Still, the coat rightfully belongs to Kagome - and there's also all of Saito's stuff. Would Phoenix want to get some of his stuff off of Nightmare as well? I know I would.

Quote originally posted by PinkSapphire:
The second floor has been posted guys! I recommend reading the whole thing to prevent questions that are already answered in the OOC Thread.
YAAY, second floor!

Ugh, I can't stand public bathrooms. Barely anyone seems to flush, and some people have awful aim. Wait a minute - people don't seriously need to go to the loo in SAO? We're getting into MAXIMUM OVER-SIMS with that. Unless it's just a psychological thing, or you were just referring to public baths, which would be optional. Eh, I don't know, maybe its a similar thing to eating. I sure hope it isn't, though - Turnip hasn't been for a couple of days, at least.

Old September 17th, 2013 (11:24 AM).
Nauje
A sofa in San Tropez...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I think someone posted earlier in this thread that there was no need to poop or wee in SAO.
Old September 17th, 2013 (12:06 PM).
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Yeah but with bathrooms I was more thinking about baths and such xD relaxing and that kinda stuff you know?
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old September 17th, 2013 (01:55 PM).
Turnip
Magnificent Turnip

Yeah but with bathrooms I was more thinking about baths and such xD relaxing and that kinda stuff you know?
Ah, yup, public baths. Like the Romans had. Gotcha. When you think about it, it's kind of creepy considering some of the things that Kayaba put in the game... especially considering the amount of kids that managed to play it. I have no idea what kind of age rating SAO would have, but... yeesh.

Quote originally posted by Scyke:
I think someone posted earlier in this thread that there was no need to poop or wee in SAO.
Yeah, someone probably has. It's no surprise that I would have missed it - anything completely disinteresting or that doesn't apply to me at all, on the other hand, you can be sure I'm thoroughly articulate with it. Such is sod's law, or something. Sod's law is fairly broad, I think.

Old September 17th, 2013 (02:04 PM).
<Challenger>
One lean, green, fighting machine

Nature: Jolly
Public bathrooms...I had my first kiss in a public bathroom....

Just kidding. Don't take that seriously. I haven't had my first kiss yet xD

I can imagine it now..."OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....She'll be comin' 'round the mountain when she comes! Oh she'll be comin' 'round the mountain when she comes! She'll be comin' 'round the mountain, she'll be comin' 'round the mountain when she comes!
Old September 17th, 2013 (04:29 PM).
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by True Epicness:
Ah, yup, public baths. Like the Romans had. Gotcha. When you think about it, it's kind of creepy considering some of the things that Kayaba put in the game... especially considering the amount of kids that managed to play it. I have no idea what kind of age rating SAO would have, but... yeesh.
From the wiki: "The SAO system generally censors mature or unhealthy content (smoking, sexual intercourse, etc.), but it is even possible for players to disable the censor if «Ethics Code Off» is selected on the options menu."
Old September 17th, 2013 (04:42 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

More on that, sexual intercourse is possible, as Asuna points out to Kirito. The scene where the Ethics Code and the aforementioned fact is in the anime (the part where Asuna invites Kirito home), but they left out those two things specifically, probably because of time restraints.
Old September 17th, 2013 (08:22 PM).
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Remember that there was "an extra chapter" in the light novel called 16.5

This should be some prove that it is possible.

Also… with public bathrooms I mean that there are just a few baths in the inn's which you got to share. If someone is bathing then the next person has to wait. That kind of bath's…? Turnip roman bath idea sounds interesting though but there is already a hot spring on the floor. I just thought that these bathrooms would be a nice extra
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old September 17th, 2013 (08:25 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

Remember that there was "an extra chapter" in the light novel called 16.5

This should be some prove that it is possible.
Nonono, that's chapter 16.5 of the manga, which is by a different person and hasn't been approved by the author (part of the reason it can't be found in the tankoban/official chapter releases). That chapter isn't canon.
Old September 17th, 2013 (09:29 PM).
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Quote originally posted by machomuu:
Nonono, that's chapter 16.5 of the manga, which is by a different person and hasn't been approved by the author (part of the reason it can't be found in the tankoban/official chapter releases). That chapter isn't canon.
Oh.

Well… it's a bit awkward for a GM to give false information, my apologies.
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old September 18th, 2013 (05:05 AM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by heretostay123:
Public bathrooms...I had my first kiss in a public bathroom....
Was it cheap, or did you really have to empty your wallet?

More on that, sexual intercourse is possible, as Asuna points out to Kirito. The scene where the Ethics Code and the aforementioned fact is in the anime (the part where Asuna invites Kirito home), but they left out those two things specifically, probably because of time restraints.
>"Time Restrains"

Or maybe they knew that SAO was already a huge hit and didn't need so much sexual content to get viewers.

WHY, ALFHEIM ONLINE, WHY!? IT WAS ALREADY GOOD, WHY DID YOU DO THAT *sob*

... I want those translated novels to come out already, I want to see SAO redeemed. TT-TT

Old September 18th, 2013 (06:50 PM).
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi
>"Time Restrains"

Or maybe they knew that SAO was already a huge hit and didn't need so much sexual content to get viewers.
Episode 21 in the anime kindof disgusted me in this manner because of it.

WHY, ALFHEIM ONLINE, WHY!? IT WAS ALREADY GOOD, WHY DID YOU DO THAT *sob*

... I want those translated novels to come out already, I want to see SAO redeemed. TT-TT
The 2nd arc was painful to watch for me. I can't wait until the next two seasons are released (and based on the size of the fanbase... they would be insane not to continue it). If anyone else here has read the translated Light Novels that are floating around, then I think we can agree that the 3rd and 4th arcs were far more noteworthy than the 2nd.

Old September 18th, 2013 (09:14 PM).
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Well, I am a KiritoXAsuna shipper and I was dissapointed how he was all over Lyfa in the 2nd arc despite being with Asuna.

Actually... the whole 2nd arc was a little bit dissapointing because of the sudden ecchi appearing everywhere... but I like SAO so I guess I like Alheim online too despite of the dissapointings...

I can't wait for the 3th and 4th arc!
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old September 19th, 2013 (04:20 AM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

Don't be that way, Saph. Just because you like a series doesn't mean you have to like every season.
Old September 19th, 2013 (07:40 AM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

^Bingo.

I'm going to look over those moments the same way I look over Dragonball GT: while crying and rocking myself in fetal position in the corner and pretending they don't exist/never happened.

Old September 19th, 2013 (08:03 AM).
Turnip
Magnificent Turnip

Hmm. I watched (what I can only assume is) all of arc 1, but I haven't seen any of the other arcs, nor have I read any of the novel thingies. I'm not that big of a watcher of Animé, though it is enjoyable when I do watch it. Still, don't think I'll be watching the other ones - especially considering what I've heard of arc 2... Ethics Code ON, thanks very much :p

And yeah, this whole kind of thing is pretty uncomfortable, which may sound unexpected coming from a teenage male. I'm not that way inclined, anyhow. I don't think either myself nor Turnip feel the need for any kind of intimate interaction - though Turnip actually has something of a reason for it, which I may or may not divulge.

Old September 19th, 2013 (08:37 AM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

Well, we're not really talking about the morals of it, just the canonicity
Old September 19th, 2013 (08:39 AM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

... I feel it's safe to assume that the morals were not too swell with that one.

Old September 19th, 2013 (08:41 AM).
Nauje
A sofa in San Tropez...
Community Supporter

I think the SAO anime is overrated and I didn't even completely like the first arc (KiritoxAsuna was cute at first but got overly irritating and cringey after a while, I preferred badass Kirito :c) and less said about the Alfheim arc, the better. I still however enjoyed watching it (...to an extent) and just love the idea in general, and the world is interesting as well. I still do however plan to read the light novels whenever I can be bothered to find good translations in the internet.

Are there any plans for any other arcs to be covered by the anime? Seeing as how the first two blew up in terms of popularity I would of assumed whoever made them would be desperate to make more episodes, unless that's not how anime producers think? :s
Old September 19th, 2013 (09:18 AM).
Turnip
Magnificent Turnip

I go with the general idea thing, too. For me, I could probably give or take with characters - it's the world that was phenomenal. Certainly appealed to me as a gamer, anyway. I mostly ignore shipping, I guess. Dammit... struggling to come up with a boat pun, here.

Old September 19th, 2013 (09:50 AM).
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

I am not planning on bringing any of the other arcs in this RP because there is a high chance that this RP might take about 1/2 years to finish :s
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old September 19th, 2013 (10:46 AM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

I dunno, I didn't really like Kirito. Like Turnip, my favorite thing about SAO was the world, and I did like Kirito for a while (pretty much up until the murder mystery), but then he just turned into the "OP quiet dark-haired loner character" that I don't particularly like. In the anime he's too badass and too inhuman, and its because you read from Kirito's perspective that things make sense.

In fact, Kirito is like the white-haired Dante. The problem is, he doesn't follow the magnificent b@$t@ard trope. With Dante, he's meant to be comical and overpowered, it works. With Kirito, however, you're not really given any real reason to cheer for him after the sixth episode. The moment he meets Asuna, the characters take a backseat to romance. He has basically no apparent flaws, and worst of all, he can break paralysis with love. All of these things really had me cheering for Kayaba, because while Kirito experienced the pain of loss, he rarely ever tasted defeat or felt the pain of weakness. He just fought and pulled out newer powers and unparalleled strength, leaving others in awe of him while they themselves took a backseat (the best example of this is the episode where the Dual Swords are introduced). He's just too powerful for the story's own good and has no real foil to set him off.

...Well, that's the reviewer in me coming out, but that's largely why I like SAO for SAO rather than the cast or Alfheim. For the most part.
Old September 20th, 2013 (08:03 AM). Edited September 20th, 2013 by Dusk.
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

I dunno, I didn't really like Kirito. Like Turnip, my favorite thing about SAO was the world, and I did like Kirito for a while (pretty much up until the murder mystery), but then he just turned into the "OP quiet dark-haired loner character" that I don't particularly like. In the anime he's too badass and too inhuman, and its because you read from Kirito's perspective that things make sense.

In fact, Kirito is like the white-haired Dante. The problem is, he doesn't follow the magnificent b@$t@ard trope. With Dante, he's meant to be comical and overpowered, it works. With Kirito, however, you're not really given any real reason to cheer for him after the sixth episode. The moment he meets Asuna, the characters take a backseat to romance. He has basically no apparent flaws, and worst of all, he can break paralysis with love. All of these things really had me cheering for Kayaba, because while Kirito experienced the pain of loss, he rarely ever tasted defeat or felt the pain of weakness. He just fought and pulled out newer powers and unparalleled strength, leaving others in awe of him while they themselves took a backseat (the best example of this is the episode where the Dual Swords are introduced). He's just too powerful for the story's own good and has no real foil to set him off.

...Well, that's the reviewer in me coming out, but that's largely why I like SAO for SAO rather than the cast or Alfheim. For the most part.
I actually like your inner reviewer.

Think you could find and paste the "Ethics Code" piece of novel here? I'm curious, because I don't remember them even mentioning it in the anime, at least not as an "Ethics Code". I'd be curious how that works exactly, especially when they can turn it off and on like that.

Additionally. I was kinda annoyed at just how much of a girl-trail he had following him. The whole badarse thing doesn't work as well on a 14/15/16 year old. It just... Doesn't.

And... Seriously, why all of the girls!? WHY ALL OF THE FANSERVICE!? WHY THE INCEST PLOT!?!?!? Too much. With Lisbeth, that one kind of made sense at least. It seemed like the whole Asuna-Kirito relationship happened far too quickly in the anime (I hope that's not the case in the books). Then there's Leafa (I'm not sure what was more awkward, the single tentacle scene, or the many scenes of incest-plot throughout the entire second arc!) and then there were those two that were both trying to cling to him in ALO.

YOU TELL HIM, YUI-CHAN!

Old September 20th, 2013 (09:13 AM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

So, um...I was wrong. Well, mostly.

So the manga does have a 16.5 chapter (of sorts), but the LN originally had one as well, and...

...Just...wow. I mean, WOW. I mean wow so much that I think it should never be mentioned in the thread again, because it's quite...detailed. It turned what was a generally mild experience into something that shoots the age rating off the charts. The thing is, after a little research I found out that it's not actually canon (as it's not an official release). It was just a piece of work that Reki made after finishing SAO just because he could.

...In regards to Wolf's question, here it is. You'll remember some of this scene from the anime:
Spoiler:
“K-Kirito-kun, take your clothes off too…. It's em, embarrassing for me to be like this by
myself.”
After hearing that, I finally realized the meaning behind Asuna's actions.
In other words, she took what I said —that I wanted to spend the night with her, in a deeper
sense than what I meant.
As soon as I understood that, I also fell into an endlessly deep panic. As a result, I committed
the worst mistake in my whole life up until now.
“Err…no, you see, I just thought...that it would be good, if we stayed to– together in a room
tonight…”
“Eh…?”
As I responded stupidly with my honest thoughts, it was Asuna who froze with her mouth
wide open this time. Then, an expression of intense anger and embarrassment spread across
her face.
“You…you...”
Her clenched right fist revealed an almost visible killing intent.
“Idiot—!!”
Asuna's fist, which had accelerated to a speed that utilized all of her dexterity stats, was
stopped just barely before striking my face by the Crime Prevention Code and released a loud
noise and a spray of purple sparks instead.
“A-Ahh—! Wait!! I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Forget what I said!”
I tried to explain while frantically waving my hands about to Asuna, who was about to throw
her second punch without paying any attention to me.
“I'm sorry, I was wrong!! Bu… but, anyway, can you…like…actually d-do it…? In SAO…?”
Asuna dropped her attacking stance and was a bit taken aback, although still furious. Then
she asked:
“You, you mean you don't know…?”
“No, I don't…”
Then, Asuna's expression changed suddenly from one of anger to one of embarrassment,
before she explained in a small voice:
“…so…in the options menu, all the way on the bottom…there's an option called «Ethic Code
Off».”
It was the first time I had ever heard of such a thing. I'm sure this wasn't available during the
beta test, nor was it mentioned in the manual. To think that this was another price that I had
to pay for playing as a solo player and not having any interest except fighting.

The part about the Ethic Code specifically is in Bold.

Really, all the Ethic Code does is allow for clothes to be taken off completely, it doesn't actually add any functionality.

Sponsored Links