The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old January 10th, 2014, 05:36 AM
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.

Nature: Rash

Advertise here
What's up everyone? Let's kick off the New Year with an awesome new patch! This one should finally be stable and free of various corruptions. In addition, it brings forth the new changes to Trainers, Movepools, Item hand outs, and Routes.

As always, patch a clean ROM, and make sure the save matches the ROM name. Enjoy!
Old January 10th, 2014, 06:18 AM
ericu01
Blue Water, Blue Sky

Nature: Lax
Wow. Cheers bud. I'm lovin' this. I love Pokemon Emerald and what you did is marvelous. (especially putting up the PSS) however, I would lovingly suggest a pokemon sprites overhaul. That would be amazing.
Old January 10th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericu01 View Post
Wow. Cheers bud. I'm lovin' this. I love Pokemon Emerald and what you did is marvelous. (especially putting up the PSS) however, I would lovingly suggest a pokemon sprites overhaul. That would be amazing.
Ah, I'm considering a sprite overhaul, but I'm afraid of mussing it all up. I'll take a look into it once I've made the Event Tickets and missing Pokemon available. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old January 12th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Benedict87

Very interesting hack, I'm gonna start playing it ASAP.
Old January 19th, 2014, 02:26 AM
ericu01
Blue Water, Blue Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruztown View Post
Ah, I'm considering a sprite overhaul, but I'm afraid of mussing it all up. I'll take a look into it once I've made the Event Tickets and missing Pokemon available. Thanks for the suggestion!
Ah yes! Please do take your time with the improvements. You're doing pretty good.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 12:25 PM
Shayded

This is probably my favourite Emerald hack so far. Please, don't change the sprites. Emerald is meant to look like emerald. The one thing that ruins the atmosphere of hoenn the most is sprite and tile changes :/
(Also just found the chrome ore, assuming it's for steelix and/ore Scizor?)

Last edited by Shayded; January 22nd, 2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old February 10th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayded View Post
This is probably my favourite Emerald hack so far. Please, don't change the sprites. Emerald is meant to look like emerald. The one thing that ruins the atmosphere of hoenn the most is sprite and tile changes :/
(Also just found the chrome ore, assuming it's for steelix and/ore Scizor?)
Nothing's set in stone yet, don't worry. As for the Chrome Ore, yes, that's the new equivalent to trading while holding a Metal Coat. It'll take care of Scyther and Onix for ya.
Old February 11th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Legions

Thank you for this hack. I'm in the middle of going through and playing/catching them all in every generation on my ds. I played through Pokémon Red Proud Eyes and Pokémon Crystal Emu Edition. Now I'm on to Emerald. I really have been trying to avoid hacks that change a lot of the game and I think yours accomplishes this better than Expert Emerald, but I haven't played either very much. The only draw back so far is that you don't have every Pokémon catchable yet. Thank you again and please keep up the good work.

If anyone has suggestions for later generation games for me to play I would love that too. I really just want the official game's experience with every pokemon catchable.
Old February 13th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Shayded

Just noticed this, but Kadabra does NOT evolve from happiness. Mine is currently at max happiness and isn't budging, I even tried to test with rare candies up to level 100 and nothing.
Old February 14th, 2014, 09:20 PM
ericu01
Blue Water, Blue Sky

Emerald's default sprites sucks imo. The hack could use a new set of sprites to be honest - preferably 4th gen ones, as the features of eccentric emerald is superior than other '386' emerald hacks.

Cruztown, what's the progress of the hack? (your latest improvements on the hack I mean)

Pokemon Liquid Crystal | Normal Run

Last edited by ericu01; February 14th, 2014 at 09:42 PM.
Old February 16th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayded View Post
Just noticed this, but Kadabra does NOT evolve from happiness. Mine is currently at max happiness and isn't budging, I even tried to test with rare candies up to level 100 and nothing.
Sorry Shayded, I've been out for few days. As of the current release, Kadabra should evolve much like Haunter, Machoke, and Graveler and rely on using a "Link Cable" item found either in New Mauville or Rustboro's Devon Corporation. Try that out.
Old February 16th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.

Quote:
Emerald's default sprites sucks imo. The hack could use a new set of sprites to be honest - preferably 4th gen ones, as the features of eccentric emerald is superior than other '386' emerald hacks.

Cruztown, what's the progress of the hack? (your latest improvements on the hack I mean)
Hey there Eric, currrently the hack has be updated to have the listed Phy/Spec split, the majority of 386 available with altered movesets and stats(the curently released patch 1.4 does not contain the first Fossils, Legendary Birds, Beasts, Mewtwo, Unown, Celebi, Jirachi, or the event tickets required to reach legendaries on the islands, as well as the two un-chosen Hoenn Starters), evolution methods have been added to make use of new items as a way of circumventing trading requirements, Gym leaders hand out 3(might be more, its been a while since I looked) copies of their TM, relocation of the Good and Super Rod for earlier fishing fun, additional battle item hand outs such as the Choice Band and Bright Powder, and the revamping of the majority of non-frontier trainer teams.

Currently, I have a working script that accommodates the Eon Ticket, Old Sea Map, Aurora Ticket, and Mystic Ticket required for in-game events. I also found an ability error with Tyranitar, so I quick-fixed that, and am considering the changing of Shadow Tag on Sableye, given how annoying it was to proceed through both Sky Pillar and Victory Road with it.

Aside from that, I may add new maps to include the remaining legends, and perhaps fossil handouts. Before I begin to consider graphical changes, these will occur.
Old February 17th, 2014, 02:29 AM
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.

Hey everyone, just a quick patch while I have a few spare moments. Nothing too noticeable, just the inclusion of the 4 Event Tickets, and a fix to Tyranitar to get it to properly have Battle Armor as its 2nd Ability, among other things! Enjoy!
Old February 18th, 2014, 05:07 AM
ericu01
Blue Water, Blue Sky

Quote:
Hey there Eric, currrently the hack has be updated to have the listed Phy/Spec split, the majority of 386 available with altered movesets and stats(the curently released patch 1.4 does not contain the first Fossils, Legendary Birds, Beasts, Mewtwo, Unown, Celebi, Jirachi, or the event tickets required to reach legendaries on the islands, as well as the two un-chosen Hoenn Starters), evolution methods have been added to make use of new items as a way of circumventing trading requirements, Gym leaders hand out 3(might be more, its been a while since I looked) copies of their TM, relocation of the Good and Super Rod for earlier fishing fun, additional battle item hand outs such as the Choice Band and Bright Powder, and the revamping of the majority of non-frontier trainer teams.

Currently, I have a working script that accommodates the Eon Ticket, Old Sea Map, Aurora Ticket, and Mystic Ticket required for in-game events. I also found an ability error with Tyranitar, so I quick-fixed that, and am considering the changing of Shadow Tag on Sableye, given how annoying it was to proceed through both Sky Pillar and Victory Road with it.

Aside from that, I may add new maps to include the remaining legends, and perhaps fossil handouts. Before I begin to consider graphical changes, these will occur.
Sweet! will new moves be added to bolster the physical/special split?

Pokemon Liquid Crystal | Normal Run
Old February 18th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.

Quote:
Sweet! will new moves be added to bolster the physical/special split?
If I do end up adding newer moves, it probably won't occur for quite some time, seeing as I have no clue how to currently, and I still need to figure out other things such as maps for Jirachi, Celebi, Mewtwo, and the birds/beasts. Not a no, but probably not a yes for a long time to come.
Old February 19th, 2014, 10:21 AM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

Quote:
If I do end up adding newer moves, it probably won't occur for quite some time, seeing as I have no clue how to currently, and I still need to figure out other things such as maps for Jirachi, Celebi, Mewtwo, and the birds/beasts. Not a no, but probably not a yes for a long time to come.
If you do add new moves, you should add Aqua Tail, Emergy Ball, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, Bug Buzz, Power Gem, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, Bullet Punch, Flash Cannon, Zen Headbutt, Psycho Cut, and Earth Power.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304577

Be sure to check the last page!

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr

Last edited by classiccartoonsftw; February 19th, 2014 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Forgot a move
Old February 19th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccartoonsftw View Post
If you do add new moves, you should add Aqua Tail, Emergy Ball, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, Bug Buzz, Power Gem, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, Bullet Punch, Flash Cannon, Zen Headbutt, Psycho Cut, and Earth Power.
I'll consider it when I reach that point.
Old February 26th, 2014, 07:19 PM
TXV

hi there. been thinking of playing emerald again so gonna try this out. looks good.
Old March 20th, 2014, 09:22 PM
kappajoe

Why did you buff bubble to 40 power but leave water gun at 40 power? It makes some pokemon like poliwag that start with bubble then get water gun at 13 particularly lackluster.
Old March 20th, 2014, 10:37 PM
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.

I spent time altering moves to match their recent equivalents in Gen VI. Bubble was part of the moves affected by this, while Water Gun was not. If its an annoyance, I'll look at swapping around movesets that have issues like Poliwag, where they learn moves that are equal in Power, Type, and Effect.
Old March 30th, 2014, 07:26 AM
MaNuX

Hi, I'm new in the PokeCommunity, your hack is awesome.

I'll just say some of things:
1. It's completely playable online, so you can match with your friends (I do it via My Boy! for Android, both players have to use the same patched rom)
2. The old ladies house move tutor that lives in Battle Frontier is bugged. (When you go in there, the screen turns black and you have to reset to your last saved point).
Spoiler:
There was a secret trainer in Victory Road (Maybe Ruby), he had a strong team with Hoenn Starters and some else.

I hope this helps for your future updates, thanks and good job!
Old March 31st, 2014, 11:56 AM
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaNuX View Post
2. The old ladies house move tutor that lives in Battle Frontier is bugged. (When you go in there, the screen turns black and you have to reset to your last saved point).
What emulator is this on? Still using My Boy! with it? I can't seem to bring up this error on VBA.
Old April 20th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Ghost Down

Nature: Relaxed
Any new updates to share with us Cruztown?
Old April 20th, 2014, 01:52 PM
pwnpenguin

Hey I just finished speed running through this and I love it, Emerald is my favorite ROM to hack but I never have time to do a full hack on my own and my projects always fall through in the Alpha stage. If you are ever in need of some help I am decent with map and tile editing and picking up scripting pretty quickly. So far I have hacked Eccentric Emerald to implement Shinyzer (my custom script is a tile that when activated makes the next wild battle 1:9 chance of being shiny), I looked into Day and Night system but it claims its already in the ROM (Is this true? I have not seen it work if it is in this hack), and I started adding HG/SS sprites and overworlds for legendary pokemon so new events can be added. If you want the help or collaboration just let me know since my free time is opening up here very soon.
Old April 25th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Benedict87

I found a bug where the second rooms of the Ancient Tomb and Island Cave are unescapable unless I have an escape rope or a pokemon in my party with dig.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here