The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

View Poll Results: Which Pokemon do you like the best?
Elikiteru 26 21.49%
Gogoat 28 23.14%
Yayakoma 19 15.70%
Yamchan 48 39.67%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
I really hope Pancham's evolution doesn't come with boxing gloves on or shorts. I don't know why, but that thought just occurred to me and I really don't like the picture in my head. I hope they keep its evolution simple, but still intimidating enough.
Just a really big and intimidating looking Panda? I suppose it could be darker and more evil looking in a sense...
Old May 28th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
I know the rumor about Gogoat being a stage one is floating but I'm hoping that Helioptile and Gogoat are both single stages. Helioptile would benefit from being a single stage, and I really don'twant him to evolve D=
Old May 28th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I wouldn't want Gogoat to gain an evolution but I would be pretty happy for Helioptile to gain one, I can see it being similar to the Electrike and Shinx line.

Old May 28th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
I know the rumor about Gogoat being a stage one is floating but I'm hoping that Helioptile and Gogoat are both single stages. Helioptile would benefit from being a single stage, and I really don'twant him to evolve D=
Didn't we sort of get a teaser that Gogoat might have a pre-evolution in this screenshot? It definitely looks extremely similar to it, and it's definitely not just a small Gogoat either. I would actually prefer it to be a single-stage as well to be honest (especially with the riding mechanic), but it looks like it already has a pre-evolution.
Old May 28th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I wouldn't mind if Gogoat were to gain a (pre)evolution or not, but I'd really like to see Helioptile get one. Right now it seems kind of like the odd man out in the group here, and I'd like to see an evolution perhaps change people's opinions about it. It also seems like the kind of Pokémon you might expect to have at least one stage in evolution.
Old May 28th, 2013, 09:06 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
Speaking of Helioptile... what do you think it and the others will be like in the way of stat layouts? I imagine that Helioptile will be quite flimsy but fast with a decent special attack. At this point I'd say gogoat will be a physical wall. I'm not sure about Pancham but I'd say Fletchling will be a fast, physical attacker.

As for Gogoat, I don't mind him having a pre-evolution but I'd prefer this to be his final stage. I don't think they can take his design any further without wrecking it.
Old May 28th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

I think Heloptile will have low speed and HP, with average attack and defense and then high Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense.

Old May 28th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Tetrakeet
Lilligant's Caretaker

Nature: Careful
Picked the Yayakoma. Go go Firebirdy! It's cute, I like the big black eyes and that long tail. Also there's the fact that I love Robins!

Old May 28th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Being an electric-type, chances are pretty likely that it'll either have a high special attack or a high attack. Seeing that it's trailer seems to be using some sort of electric-type attack from afar (Parabolic Charge, I guess?), Special Attack would have to be my best guess. So it seems to me that this Pokemon might be a decent Special Attacker with very high speed.

Now, as far as defenses go? I don't think it's defenses would be paper-thin, but it's not going to be the greatest in the world, so I'd imagine it'd be somewhere a bit below average. Attack would be the 2nd-3rd highest stat, if anything.
Old May 28th, 2013, 05:02 PM
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Nature: Timid
I'd imagine that Helioptile would be able to evolve. It could be the early electric-type, akin to Mareep, Shinx, and Blitzle. I'm guessing Speed would be its highest stat. It might have some decent defenses, because of the frills. But then again, it looks fragile, so I don't know what to think.

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old May 28th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Guy
just a guy

I could imagine Heloptile's Defense stats to surface around 40 or 45. Not relatively high. It looks like it'll be a decent Sp. Attacker, probably even better if it evolves. Although, it doesn't look very fast. Then again, lizards can be quick and agile, so I'm probably wrong.
Old May 30th, 2013, 02:40 PM
MJT1990
Unhatched Suicune Egg

Nature: Jolly
Okay so you know how heliophile are like attracted to sunlight or something right? Well in helioptile description it said that helioptile absorbed sunlight and whatnot eventually not even needed food to stay alive? Well what if they add a new ability that allows helioptile to gain HP every turn when its a sunny day or the move sunny day is used and add extra health when he uses regenerating moves and whatnot? Good idea? Yes no? Go ahead and leave a reply.

Love is earned. Not given. Be prepared for the hardest time of your life!
Here's my Youtube channel for Pokemon: http://www.youtube.com/user/MyJT1990
Old May 30th, 2013, 02:53 PM
MarinoKadame

I think it could go into General Chat and Speculation. But I like the idea of him absorbing the sunlight to regen.
Friend Safari: Water
Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
TSV: 2844
Friend list full but still open to trades.
Old May 30th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Guy
just a guy

I like the idea you've got for Helioptile's ability, it's certainly a logical one, but let's take this on over to where we're really meant to talk about Helioptile and the other three new Pokémon.
Old May 30th, 2013, 06:37 PM
MJT1990
Unhatched Suicune Egg

Lawl derp~ But yeah I had the idea in school and I was like, "OHMIGOSH! I gotta put this on pokecommunity!"

Love is earned. Not given. Be prepared for the hardest time of your life!
Here's my Youtube channel for Pokemon: http://www.youtube.com/user/MyJT1990
Old May 31st, 2013, 03:49 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
Per Se

Gogoat (goat), Fletchling (bird), Helioptile (lizard), and Panchum (panda) all confirmed as the English names.
Thank you, I've been wondering what their English names were. Now I can change my page's names to the English names.

It may have been noted before, but does anyone think Helioptile is related to or is a pre-evolved form of Mawile? Their colors are pretty much the same.

Last edited by CloysterOyster; May 31st, 2013 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 31st, 2013, 06:16 AM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
As for helioptile's ability, i wouldn't be surprised to see it's ability being sun related. If so, it could be a perfect add to sun teams since much sun benefactors are grass and its typing also helps out sun teams alot in taking out water.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old May 31st, 2013, 08:04 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloysterOyster View Post
Thank you, I've been wondering what their English names were. Now I can change my page's names to the English names.

It may have been noted before, but does anyone think Helioptile is related to or is a pre-evolved form of Mawile? Their colors are pretty much the same.

I believe this is another case of similar colors but no relation. Just look at their types and what they're based on, they are incompatible.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old May 31st, 2013, 08:05 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Helioptile has Blue eyes and Mawile has red.

I just think this is another Luvdisc/Alomomola type of speculation, it's more likely that Helioptile will get it's own set of evolution(s).

Old May 31st, 2013, 09:10 AM
Sabrewulf238

At the very most there might be some kind of vague pokedex relation between them if they're both in the Kalos pokedex. Like one pretends to be the other to escape predators or something...but I doubt they would be part of the same family. As said already they're different types, it just wouldn't work.

I wonder if their similarity could mean Mawile won't be in the Kalos pokedex?
Old June 11th, 2013, 03:51 AM
Éclair
that's my girl
Community Supporter

Well I have to say, I do love the design of Gogoat! I think it's evolution would be
cool as well. Yamchan is looking pretty bad-ass, too. I like that in a fighting type.
I'm glad they've finally decided to make a panda pokemon!

As for the other two, I don't think there's enough effort put into them. Elikiteru is cute but
Yayakoma is a little on the basic side.

Also, riding pokemon would be great! It would be a much more fun way of transport!
Old June 16th, 2013, 01:45 AM
Melua
Unhatched Egg

I love Elikiteru and Gogoat looks pretty cool too.
I don't like the other Pokémon but I've never been a big fan of birds anyway.
I hope Elikiteru is really strong but I doubt it. The Panda is probably much sturdier. We'll see
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links