The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

View Poll Results: Which Pokemon do you like the best?
Elikiteru 26 21.49%
Gogoat 28 23.14%
Yayakoma 19 15.70%
Yamchan 48 39.67%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 11th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Darkrai Lv.1000
The Ultimate Dark Pokémon...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
It'd be weird if Gogoat is the new bike, because not everyone may use it. Maybe other Pokemon can be ridden like bikes. xD

I like the fact that we're finally getting some form of player customization. Not much as of now, but it's a start.

October can't come soon enough.
Zorogami
ON VACATION!!!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Even little changes are a step towards the right direction!
This is probably just the beginning, and maybe not in this game, but at least in the future im sure you'll be able to modify your hero a lot more. But I'm still hoping for new clothes/accessoires to be available :D

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Nature: Sassy
Karosu is DEFINITELY based on France after seeing that map! I also love everything they're revealing; the new Pokemon look so promising, I love how we finally have some customization, we can ride the goat (I wonder if that'll be extended onto other Pokemon like Rapidash, Sawsbuck, and Zebstrika? I really really really hope so ;A; ) and I like the revamps to the Pokemon menus and the new Pokedex looks so great!

Ahhhh I'm so dang excited for this!

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old May 11th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Cat

Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
My two favorites from these scans are definitely the Bird and Goat. Now for their evolutions, if they have any... but so far, with X and Y's Pokedex, the game is shaping up to look pretty good right about now!

Old May 11th, 2013, 08:42 AM
MarinoKadame

Also look on right of the male head, which pokemon is going out of the Pokeball ?
Friend Safari: Water
Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
TSV: 2844
Friend list full but still open to trades.
Old May 11th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
The region looks like it's full of nature just like I hoped, a contrast with Urban Unova.
Old May 11th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrai Lv.1000 View Post
It'd be weird if Gogoat is the new bike, because not everyone may use it. Maybe other Pokemon can be ridden like bikes. xD

I like the fact that we're finally getting some form of player customization. Not much as of now, but it's a start. :)

October can't come soon enough.
lmao maybe riding Pokemon is the new way to get around anywhere ;_; That and rollerskates. What a terrible way to live imo.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old May 11th, 2013, 08:49 AM

It makes the region seem like one with nature...I'm sure N would love it.
Old May 11th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Cat

Speaking of N, I wonder if he'll make an appearance? or even Cynthia since she's been in every game since her debut.

Old May 11th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Zorogami
ON VACATION!!!

The Region definitely seems to be more rural and about nature than Unova, which is great!
I hope there will still be a bike/skates to get around, or you'd be forced to have a rideable pokemon with you at all times...which would feel like having an extra "HM slave"

Old May 11th, 2013, 08:56 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
The Region definitely seems to be more rural and about nature than Unova, which is great!
I hope there will still be a bike/skates to get around, or you'd be forced to have a rideable pokemon with you at all times...which would feel like having an extra "HM slave"
Of course there's skates, they were in the first trailer remember =P

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 11th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Zorogami
ON VACATION!!!

Haha yeah i remember, i just hope they are not scratched in the end or something xD

Old May 11th, 2013, 08:59 AM

I'm hoping we have a skateboard or a scooter.
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:12 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
Haha yeah i remember, i just hope they are not scratched in the end or something xD
The term is called Scrapping =P
And nah, remember the games are essentially mostly finished, hence why the localisation is simultaneous, so it'd be too late to scrap the roller skates, so they're stayin'

Old May 11th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Zorogami
ON VACATION!!!

Thanks for correcting me
Well im honestly glad they will be featured in the game, I'll miss the classic bike, but having something new will be pretty nice

Old May 11th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Cat

It would be nice to choose what type of transport we use out of a selection rather than just being assigned a Bicycle.

Old May 11th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
Like the goat, the robin's cute, the panda's pretty good (I have a great feeling about his evolutionary line), but I don't like that weird lizard-rabbit thing. It's ugly @_@

Loooove the idea of riding around on a Pokemon. I HOPE we can ride more than just Gogoat, but I have a bad feeling that's going to be the only one.

So excited for this game. But I have to wait all the way after summer break which makes me sad :<
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Rivvon
they see me ridin'~they hatin'

Nature: Jolly
This is the first time I prefer the male protagonist over the female protag. I'm looking forward to seeing if changing their clothes is a possibility or not.
Their cool Apollo Justice-bracelets are interesting x3 I wonder what they'll be used for.

I also hope you can ride different Pokémon besides the goat.

Do we know who that green(?)-haired person is yet?
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:22 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

I'm going to say there's a new HM that allows you to ride a Pokémon. If the Roller Skates are present, then it's the only logical explanation. Either that or the goat is an amusement park ride in the one picture.

Cyclone

Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
I see no problems, remember, as you can see, these protagonist have Canon Artwork, canon appearances, the customisation can't change it too much or else that artwork would be pointless, so changing just the colour is fine to me, at least it's a step.
But wouldn't the slight customization on their skin and hair color make them technically have no canon designs? I rather have unlockable outfits, so they can still keep their default designs.

Credit goes to anon from JoyReactor.com for the sig he posted
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:29 AM

Perhaps Fly, and Surf,Waterfall will get scap and we get to use Pokemon for travel across the sea, sky, and land too without any need for those Hm's...that'll be nice. Leaving only Flash, Dig, and a few others for Hm's (bringing them back as Hm's/giving them hm's status).
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:31 AM
giradialkia

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Great great great great great reveal, in my humble opinion. Just lately I saw someone say "Here's hoping they show us something that'll let us speculate for a longgggggg time before the next leak/the release", and frankly this is just right :D

I like the look of the Pokémon- for the most part. Elikiteru... eh. I just don't really like the look of it, that much, but I like the sound of Parabora Charge (basically an electric Absorb/Mega Drain!). And while I wasn't too fond of Yayakoma's design initially (about an hour ago), it's grown on me a little, and I like that it can use Flame Charge.

Now, Gogoat. Yes. I don't care. If we can ride it, that's plenty for me. That and it looks pretty cool, too, but I'm sold.
And I'm already going to have a Yamchamu. It's been decided. I've been waiting for a proper Panda Pokémon ever since Spinda occurred, and NOW WE HAVE ONE. And it'll almost definitely have an evolution, and it's Fighting type, and... I love it.

Moving on- character customisation. Awesome. By the looks of the screen shown, it could well end up being basic enough- limited to the player's complexion and hair colour, but that's still cool, and a big step forward for Pokémon; though given that they're using models now rather than sprites, it's probably much easier for them to've added this.

Very much looking forward to eventually seeing the potential evolutions of these Pokémon, and the full extent of which we can customise our characters! :D

EDIT: Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, no harm in putting it out there again;
(Image spoilered for size thang):

Beside the female Protagonist's art, there's a smaller picture of the Male player riding Gogoat. In that picture, there's a woman carrying.. groceries, or something, and there's a Fennekin on the ground behind her, it looks like it might be following her.

I'd like to think that we might be able to have Pokémon follow us, and if they're big enough we could ride them. Early days to speculate that, I know, but it'd be cool!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:34 AM
metalhand

i hate hm, and i don't see any reason for hm to exist, it probably won't happan but i ish there won't be any hm.
all the good hm moves can be tm
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:35 AM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

Gogoat is pretty interesting. I also like the idea of riding Pokemon. Other Pokemon that we should be able to ride are Arcanine, Dodrio, Tauros, and Salamence, among others.

I also like Yayakoma, and I hope its final evolution is viable in the higher tiers.

Elikiteru, on the other hand, looks... weird. At first I thought it was going to be a prevolution to Mawile, until I read about its actual typing. I hope it gets a good evolution, so that it won't be another Pachirisu/Emolga.

As for Yamchamu... Finally an actual panda! Way better than Spinda! It's not as good as Fennekin, Froakie, Gogoat, or Yayakoma, but it's pretty good.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304577

If you want to play, be sure to check the last page!

Too many Pokémon hacks are of the 3rd Generation, majority of them being FireRed. If you believe that the first two generations should be hacked more often, copy and paste this into your signature!
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:39 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by giradialkia View Post
Great great great great great reveal, in my humble opinion. Just lately I saw someone say "Here's hoping they show us something that'll let us speculate for a longgggggg time before the next leak/the release", and frankly this is just right :D

I like the look of the Pokémon- for the most part. Elikiteru... eh. I just don't really like the look of it, that much, but I like the sound of Parabora Charge (basically an electric Absorb/Mega Drain!). And while I wasn't too fond of Yayakoma's design initially (about an hour ago), it's grown on me a little, and I like that it can use Flame Charge.

Now, Gogoat. Yes. I don't care. If we can ride it, that's plenty for me. That and it looks pretty cool, too, but I'm sold.
And I'm already going to have a Yamchamu. It's been decided. I've been waiting for a proper Panda Pokémon ever since Spinda occurred, and NOW WE HAVE ONE. And it'll almost definitely have an evolution, and it's Fighting type, and... I love it.

Moving on- character customisation. Awesome. By the looks of the screen shown, it could well end up being basic enough- limited to the player's complexion and hair colour, but that's still cool, and a big step forward for Pokémon; though given that they're using models now rather than sprites, it's probably much easier for them to've added this.

Very much looking forward to eventually seeing the potential evolutions of these Pokémon, and the full extent of which we can customise our characters! :D

EDIT: Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, no harm in putting it out there again;
(Image spoilered for size thang):

Beside the female Protagonist's art, there's a smaller picture of the Male player riding Gogoat. In that picture, there's a woman carrying.. groceries, or something, and there's a Fennekin on the ground behind her, it looks like it might be following her.

I'd like to think that we might be able to have Pokémon follow us, and if they're big enough we could ride them. Early days to speculate that, I know, but it'd be cool!
It's just promotional art, after all, gens 3 and 5 had this sort of art showing Pokemon out of their Pokeballs and the follow me feature was never in those gens. It's just promotional artwork, showing Pokemon around town.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links