The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Which Pokemon do you like the best?
Elikiteru 26 21.49%
Gogoat 28 23.14%
Yayakoma 19 15.70%
Yamchan 48 39.67%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 11th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Just saw the news a few minutes ago.

First impressions were a little mixed. Didn't like the new bird at first because I thought the hooded bird fakemon from a while back looked better mixed with the official art not really doing it justice.....but I looked on deviantart and it made me appreciate Yayakoma a good bit more.

I got what I wanted with the regional bird (one more similar to Taillow and not a big round ball)

The goat and the panda look really cool....and I don't have any problem with the electric guy either although he put me off a bit at first too.

I'm glad we're seeing some stuff about the region too.
Old May 11th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSky RiderX View Post
To those wondering if the blonde-looking trainer might be the rival, I took a look at the text below her: “ミニスカートの リカが しょうぶを しかけてきた!which translates to: / Lass Rika wants to battle!”

So this might mean that all regular trainers will have their own full portraits when you battle them. :D
This and the male protag's art are the most exciting reveals for me ha ha!!
Old May 11th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I think Erikiteru is really cute and kinda derpy, I like it alot and it has an interesting type, Normal hasnt been a secondary type iirc. I like the Panda as well, really cute. Gogoto is interesting with the thing about riding it, I wonder if it is the only one you can ride, it might make sense,and the reason for it being made. The bird is ok, its not my favorite but it's not bad either. Nice to see we finally got some types with these Pokemon instead of question marks lol.
Old May 11th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Sabrewulf238

A thought occurred to me just now.

We can probably consider the robin to be the regional bird......but do you think Erikiteru might be considered the regional rodent? I know it doesn't seem to be a rodent but it is part normal type.

I hope not though, it looks too cool to end up with a weak evolution.
Old May 11th, 2013, 01:07 PM
JP
wut?
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Honestly not a big fan of the bird, but the other ones look pretty cool. I especially like the goat-looking one.

I'm most happy about the region being based off France though. I always thought the Diamond/Pearl main character designs looked French inspired, but now we have a whole region that is based on France. Me being of French origin, I find this really exciting.

I hope the missing tidbits from the pages with the two Legendaries tell us their typings. I grow tired of waiting to find out. Odd they'd wait this long to tell us, perhaps there really is something to the rumor of a new typing. Hopefully we get a tidbit more information on the 19th.
Old May 11th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Branellope
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Branellope
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
A thought occurred to me just now.

We can probably consider the robin to be the regional bird......but do you think Erikiteru might be considered the regional rodent? I know it doesn't seem to be a rodent but it is part normal type.

I hope not though, it looks too cool to end up with a weak evolution.
Maybe we're having a cool regional beginner this time. Like Poocheyena and Lillipup.
Old May 11th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Sabrewulf238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
Oh my god a freaking electric Komodo Dragon??!
That would be so awesome, now i really want this to happen!

I actually think Gogoat is the least likely of the 4 to get an evolution
Gogoat looks more likely to have a pre-evolution than an evolution I think. I would love if the lizard evolved into an Electric/Dark type pokemon.

It's annoying how some of the pictures on the magazine are so tiny....even if the scans were crystal clear it would be hard to make them out.

Lastly I find it a bit suspicious that they so openly gave out the types of these pokemon while keeping Sylveon's type a secret.
Old May 11th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Gogoat looks more likely to have a pre-evolution than an evolution I think. I would love if the lizard evolved into an Electric/Dark type pokemon.

It's annoying how some of the pictures on the magazine are so tiny....even if the scans were crystal clear it would be hard to make them out.

Lastly I find it a bit suspicious that they so openly gave out the types of these pokemon while keeping Sylveon's type a secret.
These may just be your standard regional Pokémon, however, and/or based on a theme from past generations. As soon as the bird was revealed, for instance, you just know it's the next Pidove. Meanwhile, Sylveon can still generate discussion and mystery up until the last possible moment, and then BOOM, the big surprise comes in the movie.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 11th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Sabrewulf238

I'm guessing these are fake?

Spoiler:

Just spotted them on tumblr. The final form of Chespin being split between the two pages seems pretty off to me. The two pictures don't look like they're related or have the same art style either. So it likely means both are fake.
Old May 11th, 2013, 02:31 PM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
- Gogoat - Go Goat! Ride my majestic Gogoat... I wonder what it's based on... Hmm...
- Elikiteru -
Spoiler:

- Yayakoma - :O Is it going to be a Normal/Flying type that evolves into Fire/Flying? Is my Pokemon idea being used by Nintendo for once!? Nope its going to be Normal/Flying all 3 stages like normal... Blah...
- Yancham - Hopefully evolves a bamboo fighting pokemon with bamboo bo staff or something xD

Old May 11th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Azure
» We might aswell be lovers on the sun
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
They're all pretty, which is a good thing! I half expected to dislike one of them ;;

Old May 11th, 2013, 03:00 PM
BraveNewWorld
The Breaker

Nature: Adamant
The new battle animations are going to look amazing. Just look at the bird using Flame Charge. (Small image next to the bird's right foot)

Spoiler:
Old May 11th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Dillon_68
Lover of Winter

Nature: Relaxed
I like how the bird's eye resembles another bird facing the opposite direction.
Old May 11th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I.T.
The Pokémon Cartel

These new Pokémon have grown to me since they were revealed earlier today. Gen 6 may shape up to have some the best Pokémon design wise (except that Slyveon).
Old May 11th, 2013, 03:37 PM
jellotime91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
I'm a little more reserved on the idea of riding Pokémon. Not that I think it's a bad idea, but it's just that Gogoat is called the Riding Pokémon so there's always the chance that we may be only able to ride it and not other Pokémon.

Although, if I'm wrong, then this would totally make up for not having the follow-me feature.
I'm hoping that this leads into having Pokemon use their bodies for overworld abilities instead of using HMs.

For example, you should be able to ride a water Pokemon of a certain size on the water without teaching it surf. Pokemon with sharp claws or incisors should be able to cut down small trees. Pokemon with hard heads should be able to headbutt. Basically any Pokemon that would be able to learn the HM moves should be able to perform the actions in the overworld *without* wasting a move slot.

This leak has really restored my hope for this generation. So much new stuff we've never had before!

I made a video about it in case anyone wants to hear my thoughts.

Old May 11th, 2013, 03:37 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Oh it does...maybe it's evolution will have eyes thar sort of resemble it's head...that be something new to see.
Old May 11th, 2013, 03:54 PM
silverwind93

I am so pleased with the reveal! I really love the look of Elikiteru and Yayakoma, and it's really great that the latter will be compatible with at least one fire type move. Judging by the other screenshots the 3D graphics look impressive and as mentioned already, the Karos region seems to be quite rural and full of greenery and lush forests. I cannot wait to see what comes next!
Old May 11th, 2013, 04:00 PM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
I'm guessing these are fake?

Spoiler:

Just spotted them on tumblr. The final form of Chespin being split between the two pages seems pretty off to me. The two pictures don't look like they're related or have the same art style either. So it likely means both are fake.
Those're fakes made by Pokemon-Diamond on DeviantArt

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 11th, 2013, 04:15 PM
JP
wut?
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
Those're fakes made by Pokemon-Diamond on DeviantArt
Shame, those look really cool if you ask me.
Old May 11th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Treetwig
Banned for being awesome

Hey I think there will be a fairy type pokemon
Old May 11th, 2013, 04:23 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
What are the English names for the 4 new ones?
Old May 11th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Treetwig
Banned for being awesome

Hey guys take a look at this

Another one

Last edited by Treetwig; May 11th, 2013 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 11th, 2013, 04:50 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
I posted my thoughts on that elsewhere, but basically - don't read too much into those rumours.

All that happened was that a piece of info this source stated occurred in there being a new electric type move. Which isn't very remarkable - we get multiple new moves for each typing every gen as it is!

Or look at it this way - that source gives nine different points as far as we know. The chance of just one point being proven correct if it is a guess is low. The chance of one from that whole list being right though is much higher, and certainly not insignificant.

I'd only worry about new fairy types and whatnot only when more info from that turns out to be true. And even then, history has had many instances of sources being only partially correct.

Btw, the first screenshot you posted is rumour, the second is separate info from coro coro and has naught to do with that rumour source. =p

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old May 11th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Blue Emerald
One of life's great mysteries

Nature: Naive
Elikiteru's seems to be receiving a lot of flak on other sites, but I think it's cute, and kinda fantastical. Never seen a lizard with ears before; nice to see Game Freak getting creative with this kinda stuff.

Really like Yayakoma and his Fire attacks; so hoping he becomes a Fire/Flying-type; he could end up being an awesome regional bird if it happened.

I wanna bet on the English translations before we get them, 'cause I got some good ones (and sometimes I even get them right!):

Yancham -> Pandit (panda/bandit); I'll be surprised if this guy doesn't evolve into a Fighting/Dark-type named Panderado. I mean, he's called the Naughty Pokemon; it just seems so perfect for him. =P
Yayakoma -> Roblin (robin/warbling); the birds in our games typically have such quick and simple names (Pidgey, Starly, Taillow, Pidove), so I don't see that changing this gen.
Elikiteru -> Genecko (generator/gecko); those ears on his head have got to behave like some sort of solar generator, and it's better than putting "electric" in the name like his Japanese name. We already have so many Electric Pokemon with "electric" somewhere in their name; I assume Pokemon USA is aware of that. =P The ears may even be a play on how some gecko's frills, when folded, look kind of like floppy ears.
Gogoat will probably keep his name (go-go/goat); you couldn't ask for a better English name for this guy.

As for attack translations, I predict:

Parabola Charge -> Arc Absorb
Parting Remark -> Last Laugh

Last edited by Blue Emerald; May 11th, 2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Changed "Enguana" to "Genecko" because it sounds catchier =P
Old May 11th, 2013, 04:55 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Quote:
What are the English names for the 4 new ones?
Unknown as of yet. Maybe they will be revealed on the English Pokemon site in a while, but don't hold your breathe.

As for my thoughts on the Pokemon: Goat riding seems.... interesting and I wonder if that mechanic will extend beyond it. I like the bird and imo it looks better than Pidove already (who I was pretty disappointed by in the end). Lizard I'm a bit undecided upon but its typing is something different. That panda is my favourite of the bunch though. It looks pretty mean, heh.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here