Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page May CoroCoro! Four New Pokémon Revealed!!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

View Poll Results: Which Pokemon do you like the best?
Elikiteru 26 21.49%
Gogoat 28 23.14%
Yayakoma 19 15.70%
Yamchan 48 39.67%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 11th, 2013 (05:47 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Sabrewulf238:
A thought occurred to me just now.

We can probably consider the robin to be the regional bird......but do you think Erikiteru might be considered the regional rodent? I know it doesn't seem to be a rodent but it is part normal type.

I hope not though, it looks too cool to end up with a weak evolution.
I'm thinking Erik is the Pikachu of the region. Since its an electric type and so far the only non Electric Pikachu clone is Marill.

Quote originally posted by Sabrewulf238:
Gogoat looks more likely to have a pre-evolution than an evolution I think. I would love if the lizard evolved into an Electric/Dark type pokemon.

It's annoying how some of the pictures on the magazine are so tiny....even if the scans were crystal clear it would be hard to make them out.

Lastly I find it a bit suspicious that they so openly gave out the types of these pokemon while keeping Sylveon's type a secret.
Not really something suspicious. Sylveon's type may not be revealed until July since its part of a movie. Which is the only reason as to why I can see it not being revealed yet. The Movie Pokemon tend to be shrouded in mystery until their movies air.

Quote originally posted by bobandbill:
Unknown as of yet. Maybe they will be revealed on the English Pokemon site in a while, but don't hold your breathe.

As for my thoughts on the Pokemon: Goat riding seems.... interesting and I wonder if that mechanic will extend beyond it. I like the bird and imo it looks better than Pidove already (who I was pretty disappointed by in the end). Lizard I'm a bit undecided upon but its typing is something different. That panda is my favourite of the bunch though. It looks pretty mean, heh.

I'm seeing the riding thing as a new HM. Would make sense in a way.
Old May 11th, 2013 (05:47 PM).
just a guy
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
About the English names, the earliest day we might get them would be on the 14th. This is just an assumption based on previous X/Y news releases from the official site from the last few months.

Quote originally posted by jellotime91:
I'm hoping that this leads into having Pokemon use their bodies for overworld abilities instead of using HMs.

For example, you should be able to ride a water Pokemon of a certain size on the water without teaching it surf. Pokemon with sharp claws or incisors should be able to cut down small trees. Pokemon with hard heads should be able to headbutt. Basically any Pokemon that would be able to learn the HM moves should be able to perform the actions in the overworld *without* wasting a move slot.

This leak has really restored my hope for this generation. So much new stuff we've never had before!
I think this is a pretty good assumption. Although, it would still restrict players to using certain types of Pokémon, albeit probably a bit less restricting than having HM slaves. I like the idea that it might be GameFreak finally recognizing that HMs are an old system that has worn out its welcome. Hopefully.
Old May 11th, 2013 (06:04 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Hopefully. However it could also be something restricted to Gogoat...hope that doesn't mean it's a gimmick Pokémon.
Old May 11th, 2013 (06:06 PM). Edited May 11th, 2013 by LycaNinja.
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
Quote originally posted by Treetwig:
Hey guys take a look at this

Spoiler:

Another one

Seems Legit... I hope, if it's true, the English version of Fairy is Light...

Quote originally posted by Blue Emerald:
Elikiteru's seems to be receiving a lot of flak on other sites, but I think it's cute, and kinda fantastical. Never seen a lizard with ears before; nice to see Game Freak getting creative with this kinda stuff.

Really like Yayakoma and his Fire attacks; so hoping he becomes a Fire/Flying-type; he could end up being an awesome regional bird if it happened.

I wanna bet on the English translations before we get them, 'cause I got some good ones (and sometimes I even get them right!):

Yancham -> Pandit (panda/bandit); I'll be surprised if this guy doesn't evolve into a Fighting/Dark-type named Panderado. I mean, he's called the Naughty Pokemon; it just seems so perfect for him. =P
Yayakoma -> Roblin (robin/warbling); the birds in our games typically have such quick and simple names (Pidgey, Starly, Taillow, Pidove), so I don't see that changing this gen.
Elikiteru -> Enguana (engine/iguana); those ears on his head have got to behave like some sort of solar generator, and it's better than putting "electric" in the name like his Japanese name. We already have so many Electric Pokemon with "electric" somewhere in their name; I assume Pokemon USA is aware of that. =P
Gogoat will probably keep his name (go-go/goat); you couldn't ask for a better English name for this guy.

As for attack translations, I predict:

Parabola Charge -> Arc Absorb
Parting Remark -> Last Laugh
I really like your names, but if Gogoat's name isn't changed I'm going to be super pissed... If The Panda does become Fighting/Dark , which he should, unless it's Fighting/Grass bamboo fighter, I'm naming him Pandamonium...

Old May 11th, 2013 (06:20 PM).

I like all of the new Pokemon, however I think more work could have been done on the bird Pokemon. Hopefully it's evolutions look a bit better. The Panda Pokemon is awesome, and I'm probably going to use it on my team. I heard about the Trainer Customization too, it may not be much, but at least it's a step further. :D
Old May 11th, 2013 (06:22 PM).
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
I am just going to butt in and say this...

Gamefreak outdid itself in this reveal. I love all four of the new Pokemon (if I rank them, Gogoat would be the least, but still way better than most Pokemon from previous gens.) Electric Lizard is so cool, plus Panda looks something along the lines of Drilbur (I mean, that one pokemon that is a must-have on your first playthrough.

I am thinking that the robin could not be the regional bird, since it has a high possibility of being a fire/flying type (and that breaks the tradition of normal/flying type.) However, I could see Electric Lizard as the Pikachu-clone that exists in all regions. I just hope it gets an evolution.

The three pokemon, I think, should all get evolution. On the other hand, Gogoat is something I see as a stand-alone Pokemon (no evo, no pre-evo) and I am guessing it is a gimmick Pokemon.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old May 11th, 2013 (07:26 PM).
What worries you masters you

Nature: Quirky
Wow, I think 6th gen is going to be a larger step in the franchise than I thought before.

I can't help but laugh at the thought you can ride a goat (gogart) around a city full of pedestrians. Oh well, Pokemon silliness tends to be a good thing. XD

It'll be quite interesting to see what other HM moves you can use outside of battle. Maybe a move that cuts a swath in the grass, so you don't have to rely on constant repels.

D/P FC 4596-6614-8172
Old May 11th, 2013 (07:33 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Imagine Gary riding in on a Gogoto.

"Ash I challenge you to a children's card game on goatercycle!" *holds up a deck of Pokemon cards*
Old May 11th, 2013 (07:45 PM).
Night Of The Final Day

Nature: Sassy
WOOOOOOOOOOW I am GAGGING!! THESE LOOK SO AMAZING! I actually love the lizard thing. I think it's so cute. The panda is my favorite though. I REALLYYY hope it becomes fighting-dark typed. I can't believe it isn't already dark, considering it's dubbed the "naughty pokemon". Also, I'm not trying to sound racist at all when I say this, but I am SOOO happy we get to play as black characters!! Even if they are light-skinned, pokemon never gave us this kind of option and it feels so diverse. The blonde boy character also looks really awesome! I will have to, for the first time ever, purchase both X AND Y so I can play as the black girl character and the blonde boy :D ALSO I am guessing Gogoat might be one of few or maybe even the only rideable pokemon for NOW. The name kind of tips that off for me. Also, STILL no Sylveon reveal? Hopefully june corocoro finally unveils that information. All this waiting only makes me feel more right on my bet that Sylveon is a new type...
Old May 11th, 2013 (08:00 PM).
The Breaker

Nature: Adamant
I like them all aesthetically. I like the stoic look of Gogoat, depending on its stats, location in game, and whether or not I use Chespin, I'll probably use it on my team.
Old May 11th, 2013 (08:03 PM).
Loses lots, but keeps trying!

Nature: Timid
I don't like the lizard thing, but I love the Goat.
Old May 11th, 2013 (08:09 PM).
One of life's great mysteries

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by latioslegends:
Wow, I think 6th gen is going to be a larger step in the franchise than I thought before.

I can't help but laugh at the thought you can ride a goat (gogart) around a city full of pedestrians. Oh well, Pokemon silliness tends to be a good thing. XD

It'll be quite interesting to see what other HM moves you can use outside of battle. Maybe a move that cuts a swath in the grass, so you don't have to rely on constant repels.
Cut used to do that, actually.
Old May 11th, 2013 (08:12 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
i think the lizard pokemon will evolve to something creepy, i just know it : P
but creepy is a good thing :D
Old May 11th, 2013 (08:19 PM).
Banned for being awesome

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by metalhand:
i think the lizard pokemon will evolve to something creepy, i just know it : P
but creepy is a good thing :D
Maybe a komodo dragon or a chameleon or a iguana xD
Old May 11th, 2013 (08:43 PM).
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
I can't wait lol That's all I can say

I'm really happy that the character customization was implemented. I didn't think they'd ever do that

Like all 4. I absolutely love Gogoat

.... I just don't like how the male character blouses his pants/boots. Unless he's french military, or better yet, French Foreign Legion That's why he get's to pick his name at the beginning of the game *Joke goes over everyone's heads..*
Old May 11th, 2013 (09:08 PM).
What worries you masters you

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Cut used to do that, actually.
Wow, haha, I completely forgot about that before 4rth gen. Thanks for the correction. =P

D/P FC 4596-6614-8172
Old May 11th, 2013 (09:26 PM).
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Why do people say it's a lizard? It screams salamander to me.
Old May 11th, 2013 (11:07 PM).

gogoat has a really awesome and cool design for a goat pokemon
Old May 11th, 2013 (11:22 PM).

The goat looks like a cross between Terrakion and Verizion, or like a baby Torterra.
The lizard is like a cross between Mawile and Scrafty.
The bird looks like a fakemon from snakewood.
And the panda is..well a panda.

That is all.
Old May 11th, 2013 (11:53 PM).
Hoenn in 3D!
Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
I'm really loving the customisation, especially skin tone.

Also, not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet, but has anyone noticed that the overworld seems to be quite a bit better than our first glimpse at it? Maybe we don't have big enough pics to really see but from those images it looks a lot less rough. Look at Miare City in the pic above the male protag riding Gogoat and compare it to the shot in the first trailer. The mirror shot also looks better.

It was really nice to get a big reveal such as this but the overworld is really what I was looking forward to seeing more of(better shots) and I think I'm really on board now.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922
Old May 12th, 2013 (01:17 AM).
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
Quote originally posted by Bluerang1:
Why do people say it's a lizard? It screams salamander to me.
I think it's because the magazine calls it a lizard... I don't know though.

Old May 12th, 2013 (01:28 AM).
Tsunderes forever

Nature: Naughty
Is it just me that thinks the Lizard is a Pre-evo of Mawlie ?
Old May 12th, 2013 (01:28 AM).
Helix 4 President!

Nature: Quiet
Yanchan may be a new favorite o: hope to see 2 stage evolution for it.

Pokemon X - Ricky `~`
FC: 4871 4170 6707
Old May 12th, 2013 (01:43 AM).
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

"Professor Patrice" lol

I pray those final evolution spoilers are right
Old May 12th, 2013 (03:02 AM).
Not wearin glasses.I wanna look awesome.
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I love Yanchamu the most , he might even be my favorite Fighting-type now. I had a stuffed panda as a kid named Pandie and I'm so naming it that! I hope he gets a really cool evolution too cause I'd definitely want to put him on my team.

Gogoat's probably my second favorite cause how cool is it that you can actually ride him? I mean really, that's awesome! I hope you can ride it throughout the entire region and not just that one city and maybe that means we can ride other Pokemon as well.

Then after that is Yayakoma and then Erikiteru. Erikiteru's kind of weird looking to me, but some of the fanart is convincing me it's sort of cute.

Also I love that we can FINALLY customize or character even if it's just a little bit. I'd like to be able to do a bit more, but I'm okay if we can change just the eyes, hair and skin color.

Lastly, when the English names are revealed, I hope Gogoat's stays the same cause to me it that already sounds like an English name for a Pokemon. And it's a pretty easy to say name so I don't see why they need to change it. I'm expecting Yanchamu's English name to have some pun related to fighting. As much as I'd hate that, Nintendo's like that with naming Pokemon and it probably will. (I can see it now, it's gonna be "Pandfu" or "Pandfoo".) Other two I have no clue what they could be called. As usual, I think it will all probably be revealed either the 13 or 14th. (preferably I'd like the 14 cause it's my birthday lol.) Unless they're waiting for the Smash info as well.

paired to hikamaru
Gold Supporter

tumblr| instagram| twitter
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links