The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 4th, 2013 (05:29 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I like the medals, even though I hardly try to get any of them. I'm considering doing the monotype Elite 4 challenges to get the respective medals.

Old August 4th, 2013 (06:50 PM).
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Is there a prize for collecting them all
Old August 4th, 2013 (06:57 PM).
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Quote:
Not at all. All you get is the Legend rank for medal collecting.

The medal system was a good idea, giving players some reward to do what they usually do in B2/W2, either just playing the game or whatever their post-game plans are.

For me, the medal system has its good parts and bad parts. I do like seeing the medal man in the Pokemon Center whenever I go in there, and I talk to him to see what new reward I can get. Since I'm not actively trying to get any medals, it's always a surprise to me what I get. The bad part about it is that I know I'm not going to get all the medals, since there's only two other people that I know of that play B2/W2, and that's not enough to get any medals. Once I realized it wasn't even conceivable for me to get all the medals, I gave up on my quest to get the ones involving the Dream World.

There's not really a medal that I really like. Scanning the list, I will say that "Good Night" is an adorable medal. The fact that it's a nice shade of pink and is from doing something rather cute makes me smile.
Old August 5th, 2013 (03:47 PM).
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
I liked getting the medals. It was a fun side project. I was really disappointed with the "ceremony" for when you got 50 medals. The comic describes how I felt perfectly. I have kind of stopped going after the medals because there are just too many.
Old August 5th, 2013 (03:59 PM).
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I don't really care about the medals in general, though one time I spoke to the guy who gives the medal out of curiosity, I was in for a 10-minute B button mashing session.
Old August 5th, 2013 (04:38 PM).
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
Not directly. But if you have a lot of medals, you've most likely have met the requirements to upgrade your trainer card. It's basically a prestige thing. The higher your rank, the more stars you have next to your trainer profile online, and some NPCs have different dialogue (most notably Nurse Joy because she almost instantly heals your Pokemon). Medals and Hint Medals just basically guide you to that. But if you don't care about prestige, theres no reward I guess.

Personally, I don't have any friends to do Funfest missions with, so I can't get all of the medals (at 203 currently) which is kinda lame. :/ That means I also can't get the Black trainer card.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old August 10th, 2013 (11:55 AM).
Fiery Dash

Friendly Reminder: Ah for people that are aiming to collect all medals and haven't link to DW,
better do it as early as you can.

Me? I never collect them intentionally!
Whenever I see that Medal man in Pokemon Center,
I talk to him and listen to what he's gonna say.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links