The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 7th, 2014, 05:10 AM
Solace
simon ferocious

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Solace
I would love to! Livestream sounds fun, yes
Old January 7th, 2014, 10:33 AM
BakingBluePotatoe
I would DIE for anything red.

Nature: Brave
Did someone say Livestream? 8D

I'm in!

;Wärme bringt Leben, Kälte Tod.;

Tausch mit mir?
Around
2208-5032-7062
NORMAL VIVILLON SET
Shiny Vivillon Set
Shiny Eeveelutions

Partner in Crime

deviantART

Old January 7th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
Username: Axeliira
Favorite character(s): Riza Hawkeye, Roy Mustang, Edward Elric, Winry :3

How/when did you get into the FMA series? What are your overall thoughts on the manga/anime?

How I first got into the FMA series was actually out of random. One morning a couple years ago, I was browsing Netflix in the Anime category, looking for an anime to watch. The only *good* one was FMA and I was like "hmm okay, lemme try that one then." I was pretty hooked on the first episode, I was wondering about the ongoing status of Alphonse and if he'll ever get his body back through alchemy. I binged through most of the first arc, which was what... 50 or so episodes? Then I moved on to Brotherhood which tore me apart emotionally imo. Brotherhood is on Netflix now, so I'm planning to rewatch that again to relive that emotional roller coaster. xD

If there's a livestream coming soon, I'm so there. Just pick a date and I'll try to make it when I can. :D
Old January 8th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Dragon_Trainer_
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nature: Relaxed
Username: Dragon_Trainer
Favorite character(s):Roy Mustang, Alphonse Elric
How/when did you get into the FMA series? What are your overall thoughts on the manga/anime?
I would have liked to see more of Roy Mustang vs different Homonculi........ It would've been quite epic.......... I loved the fight where Roy Mustang literally killed Envy and Lust(different fights) and the final battle with father..............
I have really loved the series....... It had a great storyline and concept but I do not wish that it continues because the continuation would ruin the story imo..........

By XVaporeon!

Do you think you have what it takes................?
Come join the Dragon Pokemon Club........

Old January 8th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Nature: Calm
@Axeliira: Welcome! Brotherhood dub or sub is on Netflix? Now I regret getting rid of Netflix. ;_; Brotherhood tears me apart even when I rewatch clips on youtube. Powerful story there!

@Dragon_Trainer_: Hey there, nice to see you join! Those fights were some of my favorite scenes as well. I can't get over how epic episode 19 w/ Lust is.

As for streaming nights, I picked out some arcs from the first 26 episodes of Brotherhood. I'm flexible and free on Fridays and Saturdays. Olli's interested in helping us party, too. Thus it depends on if anyone can tune in this Friday&weekend or would prefer future weekends, you know? :')

Day
Starting Time : Episode Title
Friday
2PM EST : Fullmetal Alchemist to An Alchemist's Anguish [Episodes 1 to 4] Host: Olli
Friday
6PM EST : Hidden Truths to Separate Destinations [Episodes 7 to 10] Host: Lilith
Friday
9PM EST : Miracle at Rush Valley to Those Who Lurk Underground Episodes 11 to 14] Host: Lilith
Saturday
6PM EST : Death of the Undying to Backs in the Distance [Episodes 19 to 22] Host: Olli http://www.livestream.com/poclivestreams
Saturday
9PM EST : Girl on the Battlefield to Reunion [Episode 23 to 26] Host: Lilith http://www.livestream.com/twilightblade
Sunday
Encore presentation of your choice

My timezone is UTC -5 (Eastern Standard Time) [click]

Saturday edit: Switched the Saturday hosts

Last edited by Lilith; January 11th, 2014 at 01:50 PM.
Old January 8th, 2014, 09:51 PM
«Chuckles»
KANEDA!

Ooh I don't know if I can make this tsk My little sister is getting into bleach and she is about to catch up to where I am so I might not be able to make it. I might be able to join in on Saturday.

PairMy Let's PlayTumblrAnime ListFriend Code
Old January 8th, 2014, 10:18 PM
BakingBluePotatoe
I would DIE for anything red.

I'm in EST and I'm usually free all the time... though, this weekend is my Birthday, and I'm unsure of what my plans are... so I'll probably miss out on one or both days D8

Buuuuut, I'll tune in if/when I can. and I haven't watched the Sub, so I think it would be a nice change. :3

;Wärme bringt Leben, Kälte Tod.;

Tausch mit mir?
Around
2208-5032-7062
NORMAL VIVILLON SET
Shiny Vivillon Set
Shiny Eeveelutions

Partner in Crime

deviantART

Old January 9th, 2014, 05:47 AM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
Friday at 6 (I'll be on my work break then), and Saturday at 9 are the only times I can make it. I'm PST, Sunday is more probable though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
@Axeliira: Welcome! Brotherhood dub or sub is on Netflix? Now I regret getting rid of Netflix. ;_; Brotherhood tears me apart even when I rewatch clips on youtube. Powerful story there!
It was dubbed, which I didn't mind at all, although I do prefer subbed version because it felt a bit more natural.

& OMG YES. I think I started to get a little teary eyed after the first few episodes ;;
Old January 9th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
I'll try to pop by all of them! These times are mostly all fine for me since I'm off for the next few weeks. So happy for a livestream event. <3

pair | family | irl pair | lovelies
club 1 club 2 club 3 club 4
Old January 9th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Full Metal
C(++) Developer.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Full Metal
I'm CST, but I should be able to join for all except the first stream. (:

**edit**
Also, I'm not too concerned about subs vs dubs, but if it were up to me I would prefer dubs so I can make popcorn while the show is playing. Beyond that, it has 0 relevance to me.

★ full metal.

I like to push it,
and push it,
until my luck is over.
Old January 9th, 2014, 12:11 PM
The Sly Fox

Awesome! Will definitely try to catch some of these livestreams. I'm thinking that Saturday will probably be my best chance to participate. Maybe Friday too for the evening ones. Looking forward to it!

Old January 9th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Altairis Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever be able to make it to the 2PM or 6PM Friday ones because of school, and I could MAYBE make it to the 9PM Friday one if it's not this weekend, though I'm not 100% as something might pop up. I could probably make it to the Saturday ones any weekend though. Sorry, dumb timezones ;;
Old January 10th, 2014, 08:26 AM
hughes

Nature: Quirky
I'd like to join the club!

Username: hughes
Favorite character(s): Hughes (duh) in FMA, and Mustang in FMAB.
Discussion topic: Are there any characters you wanted to get more screentime/to see more of, be it in the original Fullmetal Alchemist or Brotherhood? Why? One of my favorite minor characters is Major Miles, and even though we learn a bit about his past and motivations, I always enjoyed when he was on the screen and would never have minded seeing more of him.

3DS FC: 5000 2479 0671 (Vash - Y)
Friend Safari: Growlithe, Slugma, Fletchinder

Black 2 FC: 2924 9605 4312
My Pokemon Tumblr: http://lumiosecafe.tumblr.com/
Old January 10th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Olli

Hey guys! The livestream starts in about 45 minutes. Doesn't seem like anyone who posted in here'll be joining the first one, though I'll keep the stream up, in case anyone does attend it :)

http://www.livestream.com/poclivestreams <--- livestream channel
Old January 10th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Welcome to the club, hughes! Major Miles is a cool character because his voice actor voices Krieg in Borderlands 2 hottt. I don't remember much about the Briggs arc, though. Need to rewatch those bits. :3

Awesome, our livestream is going! I'm gonna post some thoughts on each one. :)

Episode 1
Spoiler:
I missed seeing all of the "DON'T CALL ME LITTLE" outbursts. :D
Oh, we saw a glimpse of Father. :O Were they trying to do the thing in the first episode (the doomsday that they later accomplish towards the end of Brotherhood)? Hmm..

Episode 2
Good good, some parts were creepy and sad, though. :(

Edit: Also, when I'm the host, I'll be using my Livestream account at http://www.livestream.com/twilightblade
I may be late in starting the 6PM show. I was supposed to pick up my paycheck today and I haven't. >.>;

Last edited by Lilith; January 10th, 2014 at 02:36 PM.
Old January 10th, 2014, 05:15 PM
Sheep

Welcome, guys! Hoo boy I must have somehow missed the influx of new members. Glad that we're havin' all these fans join us in the club~

The first livestream went great but I was sadly out taking brother to karate for the next one so I missed that. D8 But the early batch of episodes we watched during the 2PM EST stream were great - my first time watching it dubbed so that was neat.
Spoiler:
Loved the silly expressions and especially interactions between Ed and Al after their first fight/getting wrecked by Scar.

Old January 10th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Solace
simon ferocious

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Solace
Boo, I missed today's streams. I'll try again tomorrow. \o/
Old January 10th, 2014, 11:33 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ 82.

Username: BlahISuck
Favorite character(s): Winry Rockbell (HNNGGGG), Roy Mustang (DOUBLE HNNGGGG)
Answer a topic:

Back in 7th grade there was a friend of mine super into Japanese culture (can't call her weeaboo cuz she's Chinese, and besides way too cool for the label) and she kinda sorta got all of us into anime and manga. FMA obviously had it's appeal as shonen, but it was also intellectually very stimulating with its references to history (Amestris as interwar Germany), philosophy (morality and ethics, individual beliefs versus collective responsibilities), crossing over science and the supernatural and spiritual (alchemy), as well as having awesome art and design (I love those military uniform gaaaah for a military nut back in the day it was quite the source of nerdgasms)!

If you were a state alchemist, what would you want your code name to be?

The Red Alchemist would be pretty cool The Blood Alchemist The Stormtrooper Alchemist The Dreadknight Alchemist

Have you read the FMA manga? If so, did you read it through until the end or was the anime your preference?

This is all I know of the FMA franchise. I've only read however many volumes were available at the library. I don't think there were many between grade 7-9. I think I gave up after I wasn't sure when the next volumes were coming in.
Old January 11th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Olli

Next stream starts in about an hour. Some great episodes coming up, hope to see a bunch of you there!

http://www.livestream.com/poclivestreams
Old January 11th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

I'm streaming the 9pm one at http://www.livestream.com/twilightblade

Ed's face at the end of episode 22 looked like it was about to shatter. The things I notice the second time around, wow.
Old January 24th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Orogenes

Nature: Gentle
Username: Everest
Favorite character(s): Hughes, Mustang, Edward
Answer a topic: There are so many good quotes, but I think I'll go with one from Mustang, first anime series, subbed version: "There is no such thing as perfection. The world itself is imperfect. That's what makes it so beautiful". I like this one very much because it sort of compresses one of the main themes of the series: learning to accept life as it is and finding those important things - simple beauty, friendship, love - in a world that maybe isn't what we always want it to be, but where the struggles we all go through and the "scars" we get during the journey is what in the end makes it all worthwhile. The fact that we are going to die someday is what provide life with meaning and purpose.
Old February 2nd, 2014, 07:31 PM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orogenes View Post
Username: Everest
Favorite character(s): Hughes, Mustang, Edward
Answer a topic: There are so many good quotes, but I think I'll go with one from Mustang, first anime series, subbed version: "There is no such thing as perfection. The world itself is imperfect. That's what makes it so beautiful". I like this one very much because it sort of compresses one of the main themes of the series: learning to accept life as it is and finding those important things - simple beauty, friendship, love - in a world that maybe isn't what we always want it to be, but where the struggles we all go through and the "scars" we get during the journey is what in the end makes it all worthwhile. The fact that we are going to die someday is what provide life with meaning and purpose.
Welcome to the club! Super sorry for the delay in adding you. n~n;

But that is a gorgeous quote, I agree - FMA is full of touching quotes and moments. It's part of why it's such a good show for people to watch. Makes you realize that you should appreciate the little things. :)

Old February 19th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Sheep

Bringing this club back to action!

We all have characters we dislike, be it a little or a lot - who is your least favorite character in FMA and why? It doesn't have to be a character you necessarily dislike if you've no one so feel free to let us know who some of the more forgettable or less enjoyable characters are to you.

Old February 23rd, 2014, 08:56 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

We all have characters we dislike, be it a little or a lot - who is your least favorite character in FMA and why?
Envy. He went out of his way to wreck other people's lives in the most tormenting way possible. First with starting the civil war, then with Roy/Hughes and still using Ms. Hughes image, and IIRC getting Marco to decide between the world and his tiny village... I feel like the rest of the homonculi would fight and use their powers when necessary; they didn't go around starting drama.
Old March 1st, 2014, 12:22 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ 82.

We all have characters we dislike, be it a little or a lot - who is your least favorite character in FMA and why?

Envy. He's a lil ♥♥♥♥♥.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links