Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page Equivalent Exchange! Fullmetal Alchemist Club

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old March 9th, 2014 (12:38 PM).
take me to the moon 💫
CS

Nature: Brave
We all have characters we dislike, be it a little or a lot - who is your least favorite character in FMA and why?

A tie between Envy and Scar. Both characters literally tortured pretty much everyone in their own way. With Scar, he's willing to never give up on destroying the Elric brothers. His evillness is just....menacingly evil omg. ;;
Old March 10th, 2014 (11:29 PM). Edited March 19th, 2014 by BakingBluePotatoe.
The Red Death Alchemist

We all have characters we dislike, be it a little or a lot - who is your least favorite character in FMA and why?

Kimblee
Literally, the only thing I like about him is that white suit he likes to wear. That suit is badass. :p
Otherwise... he's far too insane to be likable at all.

At least Scar has his moments where he seems like a tormented human... and Envy is just so ridiculous that he's one of those villains I "love to hate"

----

I just watched all the 4koma theatre, and ASLKDFJARWLSKGJDLKCXUVPOIEARUT THOSE WERE HILARIOUS! x3

Then I watch Alchemists vs Homunculi... WHOOOOOOO! That was the greatest thing EVER! /RoyMustangFangirl *SQUEEEEE*

Tausch Mit Mir?: 2208-5032-7062
Proud Member of Chaos Control & Equivalent Exchange!
Outlinks:
Twitter (Main) || deviantART || Tumblr || Youtube
Twitter (RP acct 1) || Twitter (RP acct 2)

Old March 17th, 2014 (04:31 AM).
Tea Enthusiast

Nature: Quirky
Username: ACupOfTea
Favorite character(s): I love all of them to death. I do really like Roy and Riza though.
Answer a topic: I got into FMA after beginning to watch Anime. At the time I only watched the Anime I could find on Netflix, so I found the original series there. I thought the first few episodes were kind of weird, but I was pretty interested in the show, and the rest is history. :3
Old March 18th, 2014 (10:09 PM).
take me to the moon 💫
CS

Hah, yeah, it was the only good Anime I could watch right when anime was barely being introduced on Netflix (now we have a lot of anime now but FMA will still be the good one. I'm so glad Brotherhood is there, that series always tears me up. ;;

Welcome btw!~

Not really a topic-topic, but I wanted to ask...has anyone watched the FMA movie The Secret Star of Milos? How is it?
Old March 21st, 2014 (11:13 AM).
Tea Enthusiast

Thanks! I hope more people start to post in here. ^-^

I started watching Milos, but then I had to fast forward a ton because it was boring me. There are lots of other people who really liked the movie though.
Old March 21st, 2014 (03:09 PM).
The Red Death Alchemist

Quote originally posted by Minerva:

Not really a topic-topic, but I wanted to ask...has anyone watched the FMA movie The Secret Star of Milos? How is it?
I thought is was SACRED Star of Milos?

It was..... eeeeh. didn't really contribute much to the series, it was just kinda.... there.

Outlinks:

Old March 28th, 2014 (07:30 PM).
Administrator
CS

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by ACupOfTea:
Username: ACupOfTea
Favorite character(s): I love all of them to death. I do really like Roy and Riza though.
Answer a topic: I got into FMA after beginning to watch Anime. At the time I only watched the Anime I could find on Netflix, so I found the original series there. I thought the first few episodes were kind of weird, but I was pretty interested in the show, and the rest is history. :3
Ohmigosh welcome! Sorry for the delay in adding you. n~n;

And I don't think I've seen Milos, at least not from what I remember. My memory of the FMA movies are very very hazy so even if I watched anything chances are 99% of what was in the movie I totally forgot, haha.
Old March 30th, 2014 (01:22 PM).
doesn't work well with others...

Hello, fellow alchemists! I am here to join the club!
Username: isthatyoudan (Call me Dan if you'd like)
Stats: Just want to tell you...
- done the manga
- done the original anime
- I have all of Brootherhood and both movies on DVD, but am waiting for a good time to watch them.
Favourite Characters: Gee... that's a toughie. Definitely on the list is...
- Ed
- Greed
- Kimblee
- Lin
- Havoc
- Fuery
- Hohenheim
- Hughes

Topic: Characters I don't like
Hmmm... another toughie... I don't think I have one! That's nice.

Question: Anyone seen the FullMetal novel series? It's written by a different person, but it is still canon. I'm reading the first one now. It's about Russell and Fletcher Tringam, with a bonus story about warehouse 13. So, it's stuff that was in the original anime but not the manga. It's really interesting because the characters have to be described, and not just shown in a picture.

I'm Reading...
Just finished a volume of Soul Eater, volume 14. At this point, it has become very different compared to the anime, and I kind of like it. Some of the characters have gotten a lot more fleshed out (specifically the meister team of Ox, Kilik, and Kim), and things are happening quite differently. An exciting read.

I'm Playing...
The iPod music game, Cytus. While I may not know very many of the songs, I really like its music, and the gameplay is easy to pick up yet takes quite a while to master. A friend has seen me play it and he says I make it look easy, but I am still having a fun and challenging time. Definitely worth the price.
Old March 31st, 2014 (10:31 AM).
The Red Death Alchemist

hello there isthatyoudan.

So, you're saying the novels are related more to the first anime? Iiiiinteresting. I might have to bump them up a bit higher on my priority list.

Outlinks:

Old April 1st, 2014 (01:03 PM).

Yeah, I'm not sure. I have this weird, biting suspicion that maybe the novels came out before the anime. In the manga stream, Hughes was still alive when the novel was being written. I'm onto the warehouse 13 short story, and there was a quote I liked involving Havoc shortly after it was explained why he was deemed unfit to take care of black hayate.
Quote:
"I'm hungry," Havoc said suddenly. "Let's eat."
Maybe his stomach had growled because it was lunchtime, or maybe it was because he saw the dog. Had Fuery been there to hear him, he surely would have assumed the latter, grabbed the dog, and ran several kilometers before stopping.
Advertisement time: If anyone plays Scribblenauts Unlimited on Steam, find me: Rubber Band of Doom. I have a collection of all the anime versions of the homunculi.
Old April 2nd, 2014 (10:09 PM).
The Red Death Alchemist

So... something really interesting happened to me the other day.

I went to this Book Fair that's in our town, and only open a few weeks every few months... anyway, I was browsing, and I came across a book called "The Alchemy of Forever" and well... here's the description: (pulled from Amazon, and this is also inside the book itself:

Quote:
After spending six hundred years on earth, Seraphina Ames has seen it all. Eternal life provides her with the world’s riches, but at a very high price: innocent lives. Centuries ago, her boyfriend, Cyrus, discovered a method of alchemy that allows them to swap bodies with other humans, jumping from one vessel to the next, taking the human’s life in the process. No longer able to bear the guilt of what she’s done, Sera escapes from Cyrus and vows to never kill again.

Then sixteen-year-old Kailey Morgan gets into a horrific car accident right in front of her, and Sera accidentally takes over her body. For the first time, Sera finds herself enjoying the life of the person she’s inhabiting—and falls for the human boy who lives next door. But Cyrus will stop at nothing until she’s his again, and every moment she stays, she’s putting herself and the people she’s grown to care for in great danger. Will Sera have to give up the one thing that’s eluded her for centuries: true love?
Gee, remind you of anything?

Outlinks:

Old April 11th, 2014 (06:03 PM).
Administrator
CS

Quote originally posted by BakingBluePotatoe:
So... something really interesting happened to me the other day.

I went to this Book Fair that's in our town, and only open a few weeks every few months... anyway, I was browsing, and I came across a book called "The Alchemy of Forever" and well... here's the description: (pulled from Amazon, and this is also inside the book itself:

Gee, remind you of anything?
Oh my. Honestly though, whenever I even see the word "alchemy" by itself I instantly think of FMA.. that's how much I associate the word with the series. :( But that book sounds like something I'd pick up solely out of being an FMA fan!
Old April 12th, 2014 (11:35 AM).
searching for "something"
CS

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to antemortem
That... actually doesn't remind me of FMA, but like Sheep, "alchemy" automatically makes me think of FMA so I guess it counts. That actually sounds like an amazing book, I should try and find it sometime. XD
Old April 12th, 2014 (12:33 PM).
take me to the moon 💫
CS

I need to find that book. Anything that relates to my other interests are stories I will read.

Like the others above, Alchemy does remind me of FMA. I'm so glad I am not the only person that thinks of that! Because alchemy = superly awesome magic and I scream internally every time I read or hear about it. xD
Old April 15th, 2014 (05:27 PM).

Holy cow, I saw that book at a store, thought the same thing, and then thought I was weird!
By the way, I started the second FMA novel, but it is no longer like the original anime. I think they just decided to add the original novel's story for fun.

I started Brootherhood the other day. Felt a bit more fast-paced than the original, so I'm hoping that they will have time to really delve into their ending.
Old April 18th, 2014 (03:27 PM).
Protect his very soul.
Super Moderator
BS
CS

I can't believe it's been a year since I watched the complete series. The arcs I can least remember are the Briggs fort and the details about Xerxes. And I still haven't watched the Sacred Star of Milos, haha... There are light novels too? :o

Old April 25th, 2014 (02:11 PM).
The Red Death Alchemist

Yep, there are a total of.. I believe 10 Light Novels. 3 are based on the games.. the 2 ps2 ones, and I think Daughter of Dusk for the Wii?

The other 7 are original stories, the first 5 having been translated by VIZ. Apparently the 03 anime adapted the story from the first novel into episodes 11 and 12.
the 5th novel comes with the FMA Manga Boxset, but I think you can get it separately. You should be able to get all the novels for pretty cheap on Amazon.

And yes, I own the FMA Manga Boxset, and it is glorious! 8D

Outlinks:

Old April 27th, 2014 (04:56 PM). Edited April 28th, 2014 by Orpheus.
And you say that life is just a game

Nature: Calm
Username: Orpheus
Favorite character(s): Edward Elric and Scar

How/when did you get into the FMA series? What are your overall thoughts on the manga/anime?

Fullmetal Alchemist is a rather recent interest, in fact I got into the series this year. The first time I ever heard of it was a trailer I watched on one of the DBZ seasons. I thought that it was evil when I saw it, but a few years later when I saw that Fullmetal Alchemist was the #3 ranking Manga on MyAnimelist I gave it a try.

Have you read the FMA manga? If so, did you read it through until the end or was the anime your preference?

I read the Manga before I tried either of the Anime. After that I check out every Volume from our Library, until I learned that someone lost volume 26... So I'm stuck there...

Theme

CSS by Sheep

Old April 27th, 2014 (07:15 PM).
Administrator
CS

Welcome, Orpheus! :D About time you got here!

Blue, I am insanely envious of that boxset. You have no idea how much I'd want that if I weren't so stingy. -sigh-
Old April 28th, 2014 (04:51 AM).

I didn't even know there was a FMA fanclub until lilith asked me:
Quote:
Have you ever considering joining the Fullmetal Alchemist fanclub here?
I'd have joined sooner if I'd known it was here.

D: Oh my- I want that box set...

Theme

CSS by Sheep

Old April 28th, 2014 (02:11 PM).
The Red Death Alchemist

Hahahaha~! YOU WILL NEVER GET IT

Hello there Orpheus! And why did you first think fma was "evil" if I may ask? Also, which anime did you like more?

Outlinks:

Old April 28th, 2014 (04:58 PM).

ermagherd... stuck on volume 26... That must be very difficult. Wow...
I was freaking out around that time. By volume 20 or so, I just couldn't stop reading until I was completely done. I would read multiple volumes in a weekend.
I had seen the ending of the original anime a few weeks before I finished the books... I must say... the manga ended much better. Even in the middle. I was sad that there was no Lin or any of our other friends from Xing in the anime.
Old April 29th, 2014 (12:15 AM).
The Red Death Alchemist

Quote originally posted by isthatyoudan:
I was freaking out around that time. By volume 20 or so, I just couldn't stop reading until I was completely done. I would read multiple volumes in a weekend.
I had seen the ending of the original anime a few weeks before I finished the books... I must say... the manga ended much better. Even in the middle. I was sad that there was no Lin or any of our other friends from Xing in the anime.
Where the characters from Xing even introduced in the MANGA when the 03 anime was made though?

Outlinks:

Old May 1st, 2014 (03:38 PM).

Quote originally posted by BakingBluePotatoe:
Hahahaha~! YOU WILL NEVER GET IT

Hello there Orpheus! And why did you first think fma was "evil" if I may ask? Also, which anime did you like more?
To 8 year old me, the trailer looked evil. In retrospect it really doesn't look so bad though.

As for which Anime I like better... That would have to be Brotherhood. I like the original FMA Anime but the pacing really doesn't sit too well with me. Aside from that I love the fact that Brotherhood stays true to the Manga, the story in Fullmetal Alchemist is great and creative with some great plot twists.

Quote originally posted by isthatyoudan:
I know, It's driving me crazy. I checked out every volume available, but then I leared that somebody lost volume 26.

Theme

CSS by Sheep

Old May 2nd, 2014 (01:04 AM).
The Red Death Alchemist

Quote originally posted by Orpheus:
I know, It's driving me crazy. I checked out every volume available, but then I leared that somebody lost volume 26. >:(
Have you considered buying it?

And I think I before the first anime. Dunno why. Except, what bugs me about the 03 anime is the ending... just... why did it have to have that AU thing?

Outlinks:

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links