Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback & Support
Reload this Page Things you'd change?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Community Feedback & Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Old June 6th, 2013 (11:33 AM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by Spherical Ice:
I think it's stupid that mods should post in revived threads, because that bumps it again. Just delete the post and lock the thread?
I usually just delete the post and not lock it.
Old June 6th, 2013 (01:00 PM).
get inked
Super Moderator
CS

Nature: Timid
One the posting in and locking revived threads, I think it's more confusing to just delete the post and lock the thread. That member might come back to that thread to see if anyone else said anything and they'll wonder what the heck happened. It'd also be tedious to have to VM/PM a member every time they revive a thread and say, "Yo this is what happened."

Besides, even though posting in the thread to say "hey i'm locking this because x" bumps it back up, it'll fall eventually as long as people are posting in the active threads. So it's not a huge issue, in my book anyway.

That's just my stance on it though.
Old June 6th, 2013 (04:59 PM).
tempus fugit
Administrator
CS

Nature: Gentle
I hate the thread revival rule and wish we could get rid of it but I know I'm the only hstaff who thinks that way, so whatever.

Also how about a dialogue that pops up to send a PM to the member automatically when their thread is locked? That way the thread doesn't get a modpost bump but the member is still informed about what happened to their thread.

x paired with sylphiel x
Old June 6th, 2013 (05:04 PM).
i will always love you sid,
CS

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to LORD ANTE
Quote originally posted by Ausaudriel:
Also how about a dialogue that pops up to send a PM to the member automatically when their thread is locked? That way the thread doesn't get a modpost bump but the member is still informed about what happened to their thread.
I actually think that'd be really cool.
Old June 6th, 2013 (07:00 PM).
I'M AN ANGRY SCIENTIST!!
Super Moderator

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
It's not a bad idea, but I don't think the modbump post in of itself is really a big issue? After all, bumping a thread in the first place brings up a thread with no posts since a month, and usually from not the first page. Posting in it again doesn't have as much of an effect as the thread was already brought up to the front/top of the page. (And again, it may look weird to other members who don't notice dates to see the thread closed without a reason given).

Generally I'll either post in the bumped thread and close, but I have left it open before if it seems there's going to be good discussion in it again (and that it's relevant too, unlike a say 'please help with problem' thread; those are usually resolved at the time).
Old June 6th, 2013 (11:32 PM).
the heroes of our time
CS

Nature: Naive
I think the thread revival rule is good, for reasons that have already been said. And like bobandbill says, the modbump isn't really that much of a bump, is it? Because the original bump already happened and pushed it up, so O.o Also, locking a bumped thread with a visible post might make other members see it and go "Oh right, I should remember not to do that".

moderator:
x Roleplay Theatre

roleplays:
x Crossroads
x Digimon
x Titans
x Legends

Old June 7th, 2013 (03:27 AM).
Banned

Nature: Naughty
They changed the name changing system. Ugh! Soooo annoying! Plus they should update JavaChat, terminal style is NOT in. It was in the late eighties and the early nineties, but seriously! THIS IS 2013! NOT THE EIGHTIES! That reminds me, update JavaChat, ASAP.

Aim for the skies!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links