The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 5th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Draco Razr
Elite Dragon Trainer

Nature: Adamant
We found a bit more detail on the bottom left part of the Kalos region with the stones.

Feel free to chat/message me anytime, I love to talk!

Old July 24th, 2013, 09:24 PM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

Nature: Jolly
I really like the rural look of the Kalos region. I like how all of those mountain ranges, and how the region just looks so spread compared out other regions that we've seen.
Old September 8th, 2013, 06:48 PM
kenzen

the map of the kalos region has already been revealed, but since it it lable less it begs the question, which notible locations are where, like which location on the map is the league? along with which cities have a gym, all this such, predictions please
Old September 8th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
I found this nice theory map of location online. I think it's a good way to look at the region.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Guy; September 9th, 2013 at 02:46 AM. Reason: What a large image that is.
Old September 8th, 2013, 07:14 PM
kenzen

wow, didn't see that lone island on my map, the thing sayind Kalos blocked it on mine. there is clearly a cave there,I'm guessing a legendary hidden in there, or at least a megastone
Old September 8th, 2013, 07:18 PM

After looking closely at the placement of the crystal and seeing what looks like a Pokeball on top of it (zoom in closely and you can see it on the right of it on the side facing the town) I'm pretty sure it's a gym...maybe a Fairy gym or Rock gym.
Old September 9th, 2013, 01:38 AM
kenzen

I can see that now, but considering the waterfront location I doubt the rock type gym
Old September 9th, 2013, 02:42 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Kenzen, I've merged your thread with an ongoing discussion we had about the Kalos region earlier. This thread is still being exempt from the normal thread revival rules.

About the region map, at least we can safely point out where Shalour City will be thanks to the ever-so-grand Tower of Mastery. Gotta say though, it looks more like a town than it does a city.
Old September 9th, 2013, 03:51 AM
Decimosoma
Free to dream, free to smile

I guess Sinnoh's Snowpoint City was the only area with lots of snow. That white part with the big mountain doesn't look like if it's a huge area with snow or even snowing at all. Well, I can only hope.

D: I love snow.
Old September 9th, 2013, 03:55 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

I love that map picture!It gives me a sense of mystery and that gets me even more excited for the games!

White 2:4814-8483-7594

3DS:4871 4138 8216
Old September 9th, 2013, 09:51 AM

There sure are a lot of bridges...I love bridges, even if they're small.
@Decimo It appears there are two towns with snow. On the speculation map I posted the town labeled SnowCity!!! (as whoever made the map put it) and the town with the windmill seems to be in the area of snow so it may have some. I too hope we get another snow city.

Last edited by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire; September 9th, 2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old September 9th, 2013, 10:56 AM
mozartm99

Nature: Lax
Where is this place in relation to the other regions?
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old September 9th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Malakai

I really love how the Kalos region looks. I'm excited to see the more beautiful side of a Pokemon region other than industrial heavy ******** that White/Black brought. I think it will be even better now being 3D.
Old September 9th, 2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai View Post
I really love how the Kalos region looks. I'm excited to see the more beautiful side of a Pokemon region other than industrial heavy ******** that White/Black brought. I think it will be even better now being 3D.
I agree. One of the things I liked about Hoenn and even Sinnoh is that they were full of nature or rural (most Sinnoh was rural). Unova sadly felt too industrial...even more so than Johto which is the second most urban region imo.
Old September 10th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Nature: Naive
I think Kalos looks cute. That's mostly that :/ I'm not too fond of them forcing ice and snow into the landscape on a corner; rather I think they should long ago have made different climates one of the different things about the two versions of a generation. But then again, with Kalos in particular, it makes sense. The Alps are there!

Other than that, from what I've seen Lumiose City it looks much more pleasant than the modern, bustling Castelia City of Unova. But that's Paris for you. It's not New York, obviously.

Quote:
Where is this place in relation to the other regions?
I haven't heard any official statements, so maybe other can correct me, but I'd guess that it'll be said to be far away from the other regions. Much like Unova was. That's because it's based on a place in Europe rather than a part of Japan.

trust me, I am the Doctor !
Auspistice | Matesprit | Moirail | Kismesis

Old September 10th, 2013, 03:03 PM

I wonder if the shape of the region is of any significance...I mean sure Hoenn was shaped as a Yin-Yang sign but that wasn't mentioned in the advertisements unlike with Kalos being shaped like a star.
Old September 10th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Wobbu
Wobbuffet tho

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I wonder if the shape of the region is of any significance...
I'm thinking it's shaped like a star because they wanted it to be a star. There're mountans off to the east and south, so it wouldn't look like much of a star if the view was zoomed out.
Quote:
I mean sure Hoenn was shaped as a Yin-Yang.
CANNOT UNSEE
Old September 10th, 2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsziede View Post
I'm thinking it's shaped like a star because they wanted it to be a star. There're mountans off to the east and south, so it wouldn't look like much of a star if the view was zoomed out.

CANNOT UNSEE
I know it's purposeful but I'm wondering why they chose that shape...and why some advertisement I've seen mentions the regions shape as if it's something important...
Old September 10th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Wobbu
Wobbuffet tho

Nature: Relaxed
Maybe it will be like Ransei and be shaped after a Pokémon... Starmie megalution confirmed
Old September 23rd, 2013, 07:20 PM
Patrick
Winter Love

Nature: Sassy
I kind of like the choice to go with France. In an interview I've read (this one), Masuda talks about going for a more beautiful angle. I admit this got me hyped up just a bit. I really hope that capture a bit of that architecture. One of the main reasons I wanted to go with my family to Paris was to get that romantic artistic feeling that simply doesn't exist in the US. I really enjoyed it, so seeing if this new region captures any of that would be magnificent.

I also like the theme being more on beauty or something more calm. I get that at the heart Pokémon's core concept is the battling, but perhaps with a new land and a new outlook, perhaps there can be some new alternatives?

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old September 24th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Zupplu
Hey Listen! ~Navi

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Zupplu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I know it's purposeful but I'm wondering why they chose that shape...and why some advertisement I've seen mentions the regions shape as if it's something important...
Because France is in the shape of a star.

Also shows Luminous City or however you spell it and Paris are in almost the exact location.

E M M E R Y N

Last edited by Zupplu; September 24th, 2013 at 02:51 AM.
Old September 24th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Fuuka
Priestess

Nature: Lonely
Wow, It's like came from the design of France.
Is it me or 5th gen region looks quite better than Kalos.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links