The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 16th, 2013, 10:22 PM
UltPkmShdwn
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
Sweep the Elite Four and then put them in the PC for the Battle Frontier. I don't do much competitive gameplay with my actual teams so I don't ever train my legendaries
Old May 23rd, 2013, 04:56 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
Normally I just make them faint if I have to battle them. If it's a legendary that I need to capture, then it'll get boxed the second that I'm able to do so. There are some kinda cool legendaries in the Poke-world, but I'm not a big fan of using them myself. A lifetime of locked-up solitude inside a computer sounds all right by me! :D
Old May 23rd, 2013, 05:44 AM
Falsever
Ayano

Nature: Jolly
They will be in their home, the box! I don't like using Legendary Pokémon.
Well, I use them in Battle Frontier.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 09:33 AM
ISA56 2.0
The one and only!

Nature: Jolly
Regular legendaries, with exception of Zekrom against N and a Rayquaza against Emerald's Elite Four, are boxed. I usually deem it unfair to use the equivalent of demigods in a Pokémon battle, especially against the Elite Four.

Event legendaries, being a one-time thing, are boxed as well, as I see them more as collectables than usable Pokémon.
Pokemon Rijon Adventures

Old May 23rd, 2013, 09:41 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

I usually disregard most legendaries, with the exception of keeping the game's main legendary (Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Giratina etc.) in my in-game team. Unfortunately, I managed to have a hugely underlevelled team in my recent first run through of B2 so I used all of the Swords of Justice (using Cobalion to the point were he was ten levels above everything else) to complete the Pokemon League.

Any events I get usually get in my team until I get bored of them as well. The recent Lv.100 Deoxys might not find a use for me though.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 23rd, 2013, 10:04 AM
Synerjee
the oncoming storm.

I.....shut them up in their Pokeballs and store them in the PC foreverrrr! I keep them as my prized collections. Muahahahaha.

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old May 24th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Romaov
Orra

box most only ever use about 5 of em
Old May 25th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
They retire from battling the moment I catch them and sit in the box until the end of time!

pair | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3
Old May 26th, 2013, 05:58 PM
lmcde22

I like to use them in-game but Gen III legendaries are banned from the Battle Frontier whcih sucks cos they are the ones i spend most time training...
Old May 26th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Limerent
I can hear you.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcde22 View Post
I like to use them in-game but Gen III legendaries are banned from the Battle Frontier whcih sucks cos they are the ones i spend most time training...
I don't think Latias/Latios are banned from 3rd Gen Battle Facilities such as Mt. Battle or the Battle tower in R/S, right? My favourite legendaries to use are Latias and Kyogre, as well as the legendary dogs in Colosseum, since they are available throughout the story. Moltres is nice too. The others get boxed O.o
Old May 29th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Nature: Calm
I also used to use them, now they just gather dust in my box. Most have never been used in a battle. I did take 1 Mew to lvl 100 though, as Mew is my favorite legendary.

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Friend Code: 0877 1355 2214
Friend Safari: Grass and contains Gogoat, Ivysaur, and Tangela.

Feel free to add me, please send PM with your FC so I can add you back
Old May 29th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Lewchu12
Unhatched Egg

Keep them all in the box to be honest.

Well, actually my first time i completed Black 2 i caught every one of them available then carried Latios around with me for fly and to help beat the elite four to help train up my lower leveled pokemon.

I just don't see any use for the likes of Cresselia, Terrakion etc.
Old June 1st, 2013, 05:41 AM
Seraphimon-sama

To me, it depends on the Legendary/Legendaries in question. If it is a Legendary that I like (i.e. mainly Psychic, with Dragon and Fire also), then there is a good chance that it will become a permanent part of my team. Any others, will most likely get boxed.
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old June 1st, 2013, 02:30 PM
-Oops
um no

I usually just store them in PC. Personally I don't like using legendaries.
Old June 4th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Ckbruin

Nature: Quirky
I think almost everyone here agrees that they catch legendaries just to have them gather dust in their boxes.

And I do the same. Personally I find using legendaries is a cheap way to dominate the opposition. I prefer a slight challenge against the NPCs, at least. The only time I consider using them is for the Medal Rally in Black 2, in which I used Latios and Kyurem for the Dragon-type Champ medal.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here