The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Old May 15th, 2013, 07:39 AM
ppooookkkkkkk
Banned

Nature: Gentle
Anyone Thought what we'll get through dlc?

New Pokémon?
New Items?
New clothes for trainers?

In my assuming I think we'll get batch of new Pokémon. Lets discuss what we can get here.
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:00 AM
pedrito3_poke
Banana

Clothes? Maybe.
Items and Pokémon? Don't think so.

Anyway, there's no way to be sure right now, so we'll just have to wait
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:09 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
I just hope in future generations we can have user-submitted clothing and accessories (obviously since its E for Everyone it would be screened before its live) so that we can have truly unique trainer customization. I wonder when they will add Pokemon clothing too, like how in the anime some Pokemon have things unique to them.

Old May 15th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Clothing would be great. Even inter-series clothing, though just anime-style clothing would be good for me.

I'd dress like Princess Zelda :3 always fancied a Pokemon-Zelda cross-over.
My Trade Thread
Friend Safari: Munna, Gothorita, Espurr
Native Scatterbugs: Polar, Ocean, Sun
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:47 AM
BluuArrowz

Clothing.
Events.
Items.(pokeballs, Potions etc.)
Old May 15th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Iqid Loopz
Hail HYDRA! Long live the SITH! Team LANNISTER!

DLC - Region extensions or previous Regions. If they can pull it off. With new plots and all the goodies
Clothing, trainer accessories.
Pokemon accessories on and off battle.

well I'll think of better ones sooner or later
Old May 15th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I'm pretty sure it will be heavily based around the Character Customization feature in downloading new accessories and outfits for the player.

Old May 15th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Nuke

A region expansion were you travel from the French-esque region to the humble English town of Middlesbrough and then continue on until you're at the London world tournament.

Hopefully some low cost cosmetic changes such as character outfits and one large cost ($15?) region expansion which has a storyline built around a legend that is typically an event pokemon (Mew, Celebi etc.).

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 15th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Nauje
Oooooo...
Community Supporter

What I hope is if we do have DLC for new accessories and outfits then we won't have to pay for them. That would feel cheap from Nintendo for me.

Anyway, I'm sure there won't be much DLC content for Pokemon except customization stuff. However it would be interesting if GF released mini-plots for X and Y that could or not relate to the game. That would be something.
Old May 15th, 2013, 09:41 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyke View Post
What I hope is if we do have DLC for new accessories and outfits then we won't have to pay for them. That would feel cheap from Nintendo for me.

Anyway, I'm sure there won't be much DLC content for Pokemon except customization stuff. However it would be interesting if GF released mini-plots for X and Y that could or not relate to the game. That would be something.
It would be cool if we got clothing based on other games we owned; so we got DLC that inspire you to get other games, without it feeling cheap.

Old May 15th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I'm not sure about pokemon getting any type of DLC at all
If it did though, i would be more than happy with additional region/storyline components!
I don't care much for the clothing, if it's then sure, but i'm not going to pay cash money to change my appereance in the game

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 15th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Clothes are the most likely I think, at least starting out.

They probably won't go too crazy with the pokemon dlc. I could see it mainly being event legendaries being given out free as dlc (I think it would be outrageous to have to spend money to complete the pokedex) and maybe they will have a Riolu/Lucario or Zorua/Zoroark type pokemon family as dlc.

There might be some location dlc too and some additional challenges and change dlc (like adding re-battleable gym leaders if it's not in the base game)

I'm not expecting much in terms of dlc until gen 7 to be honest.

If they create package dlc that contains new locations, challenges and clothes I would be more likely to buy them....but I can't really see myself buying single clothes dlc. (Something like if they made a new snowy dlc location with new challenges and features and added in a few winter coats clothes dlc as part of that package)

Last edited by Sabrewulf238; May 15th, 2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old May 15th, 2013, 11:29 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
Clothes are the most likely I think, at least starting out.

They probably won't go too crazy with the pokemon dlc. I could see it mainly being event legendaries being given out free as dlc (I think it would be outrageous to have to spend money to complete the pokedex) and maybe they will have a Riolu/Lucario or Zorua/Zoroark type pokemon family as dlc.

There might be some location dlc too and some additional challenges and change dlc (like adding re-battleable gym leaders if it's not in the base game)

I'm not expecting much in terms of dlc until gen 7 to be honest.

If they create package dlc that contains new locations, challenges and clothes I would be more likely to buy them....but I can't really see myself buying single clothes dlc. (Something like if they made a new snowy dlc location with new challenges and features and added in a few winter coats clothes dlc as part of that package)
What if instead of a Magmaruby/Aquasapphire release, they just give us regions as DLC with clothing to match characters from each region?

Old May 15th, 2013, 11:33 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
What if instead of a Magmaruby/Aquasapphire release, they just give us regions as DLC with clothing to match characters from each region?
I think regions as DLC would be a bit too much. I'm fine with just clothes and the usual event mons.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 15th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
I like the idea, but i think making a whole new game would be better for us, the fans, and for Nintendo as well, so it's probably not that likely to happen

Old May 15th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Sabrewulf238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
I like the idea, but i think making a whole new game would be better for us, the fans, and for Nintendo as well, so it's probably not that likely to happen
Personally I don't think it's better for the fans. Wouldn't it be far better to have one cohesive game with the Hoenn region added as an expansion pack? (with no less content than the base game) No swapping between games/carts. All the benefits of two games in one package.

Of course it's not better for Nintendo because they would have to sell it on the eShop only (which might become less of an issue in the future, but right now they're still trying to get people to use the service) They would probably be somewhat pressured to sell it for less because it's digital and an expansion pack too.

Of course there is also the space on the cart to take into consideration, in a perfect world it would have enough space for many expansions but we know that's not the case. So I'm thinking the expansion idea I mentioned above will be for another generation (possibly on the 3DS's successor)
Old May 15th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

Well idk, of course I'd love to be able to travel between the Kalos and Hoenn region.
On the other Hand, this would be an add-on, which means there will probably be only post-game stuff to do in Hoenn, and I'd rather start a fresh adventure there, pick my Torchic as starter and re-live the Hoenn adventure in 3D!!

And don't forget, a full game released on cartridge would make more profit than a DLC

Old May 15th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

You really should have made it DLC.

I'm looking forward to map extensions, however wouldn't those make a third game pointless?
Old May 16th, 2013, 02:32 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

The first DLC will unlock an exclusive in-game area. Count on it. A reward for early purchasers.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 16th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Having this gen's event legendaries as DLC fits the bill, but the only question is, will they be for a limited time only like past event legendaries? Will it also include items required to unlock these event Pokemon? They did say that there'll be extra accessories for DLC, for I'm looking forward to it.
Old May 16th, 2013, 02:47 PM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Having this gen's event legendaries as DLC fits the bill, but the only question is, will they be for a limited time only like past event legendaries? Will it also include items required to unlock these event Pokemon? They did say that there'll be extra accessories for DLC, for I'm looking forward to it.
They never said the extra accessories would be DLC, they just said you'd get extra clothing/accessories later in the game, never even mentioned DLC

Old May 16th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
They never said the extra accessories would be DLC, they just said you'd get extra clothing/accessories later in the game, never even mentioned DLC
Oh, I was thinking about that rumor, which turned out to be fake, about DLC accessories.
Old May 16th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Jigglymilk
I put a spell on you

Nature: Sassy
If they make you pay money for downloadable pokemon, I will honestly stop playing the series. If you pay money for event pokemon that are hard to obtain like mew and celebi i'm fine with that, but if they make new pokemon that have to be downloaded that would just be AWFUL.
Old May 16th, 2013, 09:27 PM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglymilk View Post
If they make you pay money for downloadable pokemon, I will honestly stop playing the series. If you pay money for event pokemon that are hard to obtain like mew and celebi i'm fine with that, but if they make new pokemon that have to be downloaded that would just be AWFUL.

I doubt they'd ever do that, they want to encourage collecting Pokemon and they'd already be making ya pay for it by buying both games, so no need for micro transactions

Old May 17th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

I honestly don't see Pokémon doing DLC, unless they were completely new maps.

I can definitely see outfits and maybe even Pokémon as free SpotPass downloads, though.

Sponsored Links