The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Main Series Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old July 10th, 2013 (7:55 AM).
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
I don't think that an evolution of Mightyena will happen by any chance. All the Pokemon introduced early in the generations such as Rattata, Patrat and Poochyena can't have a third evolution. I hope there will be a Dark-type (or a Ghost-type) that learns Rapid Spin, as it can take on Ghosts whilst spinning away hazards on other Pokemon.

For an Ice-type I was thinking of a musk ox, and have stats similar to that of Bouffalant's. It's probably not going to help competitively due to it's Ice typing, but it's an idea.

Relevant Advertising!

Old July 10th, 2013 (8:00 AM). Edited July 10th, 2013 by Pinkie-Dawn.
Still missing that hair

Nature: Quirky
At the new Pokemon thread, I listed a Jack-o-Lantern as one of the things I like to see as a Pokemon for XY, and if this rumor turns out to be true, I have so called it!

A Grass/Ghost type Jack-o-Lantern will be pretty much a great Pokemon to use with access to Fire moves, which other Grass types lack, to rid of Steel types in the metagame.

At the new Pokemon thread, I listed a Jack-o-Lantern as one of the things I like to see as a Pokemon for XY, and if this rumor turns out to be true, I have so called it!

A Grass/Ghost type Jack-o-Lantern will be pretty much a great Pokemon to use with access to Fire moves, which other Grass types lack, to rid of Steel types in the metagame.
Old July 10th, 2013 (1:13 PM).
Banana

I don't understand why people keep judging Pokémon only by their types. It just doesn't make sense to me after watching so many Abomasnow in the Pokémon US VGC finals. Abomasnow has only 494 BST and is a Grass/Ice type (a pretty crappy combination), but it still managed to get a place in the team of some of the best players. Pretty much any Pokémon can be good, as long as it is raised and used the right way.
Old July 10th, 2013 (1:15 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilurn View Post
I don't think that an evolution of Mightyena will happen by any chance. All the Pokemon introduced early in the generations such as Rattata, Patrat and Poochyena can't have a third evolution. I hope there will be a Dark-type (or a Ghost-type) that learns Rapid Spin, as it can take on Ghosts whilst spinning away hazards on other Pokemon.

For an Ice-type I was thinking of a musk ox, and have stats similar to that of Bouffalant's. It's probably not going to help competitively due to it's Ice typing, but it's an idea.
Shinx, and Lillipup are part of 3 stage lines, while they may have had them introduced within their generation of introduction that doesn't take away that chance, plus it's not like they're the regional bird or rodent.
Old July 10th, 2013 (11:12 PM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
serebii has corocoro.

some previous rumors like Pancham becoming Fight Dark on evolution came true. There might be a pokemon associated with rotating the 3DS. A cotton candy pokemon. (expect that one to be the target of hate.)

Interesting stuff this month.
Old July 10th, 2013 (11:32 PM).
Silver Tier

Well the Pancham was kind of obvious... now if the reversing the 3DS rumor is true it'll increase the credibility of these old rumors.
Old July 10th, 2013 (11:39 PM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
I'm personally hoping that the gyroscope-based evolution rumor comes true with Maika (the jellyfish looking Pokémon). Just from appearances its evolution looks flipped (tentacles look like they're the top of the body while the actually body is from the middle-ish area down). Just based off of that it seems plausible at the very least. I do agree that Pancham evolving into a Dark/Fighting type as rumored was mildly predictable, but it's nice to know now!
Old July 10th, 2013 (11:51 PM).
Silver Tier

It does seem very possible, as Jake said it's body looks reversed...which is kind of creepy...
Old July 11th, 2013 (1:46 AM).
#teamcap
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Treecko
I think now with all the all the new Pokemon revealed, all the "insiders" rumors are pretty much true. If Maika and Karamanero become Inkay and Malimar and Goronda become Pangoro and the new Professor is Patrice or Sycamore then I'm believing the rest.

The whole gyroscope based evolution seems very plausible now.
Old July 11th, 2013 (8:57 AM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowpointQuincy View Post
serebii has corocoro.

some previous rumors like Pancham becoming Fight Dark on evolution came true. There might be a pokemon associated with rotating the 3DS. A cotton candy pokemon. (expect that one to be the target of hate.)

Interesting stuff this month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Well the Pancham was kind of obvious... now if the reversing the 3DS rumor is true it'll increase the credibility of these old rumors.
Wasn't Pangoro supposed to have more arms and a pompadore? If so then this one just shut down the rumor.

With the Professor being male I don't see them naming him Patrice either.
Old July 11th, 2013 (9:25 AM).

Well, how about the move "Draining Kiss?" The Japanese name of a move that Cotton-Candy Pokémon can use is called "Drain Kiss." So... yeah... I just don't want the rumors to be true because of the dual-typed moves(from the top of my head).
Old July 11th, 2013 (9:44 AM).
wut?
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Wasn't Pangoro supposed to have more arms and a pompadore? If so then this one just shut down the rumor.

With the Professor being male I don't see them naming him Patrice either.
I don't remember that rumor of more arms and a pompadore, maybe I missed that. Though, the Professor thing isn't completely off. The rumor stated there were two professors, one being Patrice and another being Sycamore, and as Pokebeach wrote,
Quote:
The professor is known as Professor Platane. This might be a reference to the platanus genus of trees, given its close resemblance to the Japanese word for plane tree. Plane trees are known as sycamore trees in North America. It's said that he will battle you from time to time.
Can't completely discredit the rumors yet, if you ask me.
Old July 11th, 2013 (9:59 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I don't remember that rumor of more arms and a pompadore, maybe I missed that. Though, the Professor thing isn't completely off. The rumor stated there were two professors, one being Patrice and another being Sycamore, and as Pokebeach wrote,
Can't completely discredit the rumors yet, if you ask me.
There were two different Professor rumors. I haven't seen one that said there were two Professors. One rumor was Professor Sycamore and another was Professor Patrice.
Old July 11th, 2013 (10:04 AM).
wut?
Silver Tier

Quote:
There were two different Professor rumors. I haven't seen one that said there were two Professors. One rumor was Professor Sycamore and another was Professor Patrice.
The Pokebeach roundup of the rumors make it seem as though there are two Professors, http://pokebeach.com/2013/06/pokebeach-x-y-rumor-roundup-and-clarifications

Thus making me think that perhaps the names were accidentally switched in the leak, or that they've since then simply switched the names?
Old July 11th, 2013 (10:34 AM).
Silver Tier

Maybe they noticed it didn't fit the tree theme and changed them around xD.

There's not many rumors on the champion out there I've noticed...well there usually aren't that many, I would like to see one however.
Old July 11th, 2013 (10:38 AM).
wut?
Silver Tier

Quote:
Maybe they noticed it didn't fit the tree theme and changed them around xD.

There's not many rumors on the champion out there I've noticed...well there usually aren't that many, I would like to see one however.
What if the Prof. ended up being the Champion?! ...haha, not sure I'd like that idea, unless they gave him a change of clothes for the Champion match. I would like to hear a rumor though. I almost want another girl Champion, but Cynthia (I can't accept the idea of Iris being Champ...) is so perfect to me that it'd be hard to beat that.
Old July 11th, 2013 (10:39 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
The Pokebeach roundup of the rumors make it seem as though there are two Professors, http://pokebeach.com/2013/06/pokebeach-x-y-rumor-roundup-and-clarifications

Thus making me think that perhaps the names were accidentally switched in the leak, or that they've since then simply switched the names?
The Round up was just a collection of rumors that had found that hadn't been proven completely false.
Old July 11th, 2013 (10:46 AM).
wut?
Silver Tier

Quote:
The Round up was just a collection of rumors that had found that hadn't been proven completely false.
Hmm, sure sure, but if I understand correctly, these rumors are all credited to the same source, and as you said, not proven false, because at that point official information started pouring out that matched most of what the leaker was saying.
Old July 11th, 2013 (10:51 AM).
Silver Tier

Not really a rumor but Corocoro is teasing something for the next issue, " due for release on August 12th 2013, is said that the magazine will contain the biggest scoop of the century. We'll provide details on that next month "
I'm guessing this is Pokémon related but than again Corocoro does feature other games beyond Pokémon.
Old July 11th, 2013 (10:55 AM).
black and white ★
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Not really a rumor but Corocoro is teasing something for the next issue, " due for release on August 12th 2013, is said that the magazine will contain the biggest scoop of the century. We'll provide details on that next month "
I'm guessing this is Pokémon related but than again Corocoro does feature other games beyond Pokémon.
I wondered this too, I can't quite figure out what could trump the last two months of news, we already know the Starters, Rivals, Antagonists, Professor, Region, a handful of Pokémon, new type and more.. so it might just be a larger quantity of Pokémon and an exclusive new feature to X and Y or it could be totally unrelated.

Also, the source who provided those rumors which have been turning out to be true also got the Sycamore Professor and the move "Drain Kiss" Correct...
Old July 11th, 2013 (11:00 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I wondered this too, I can't quite figure out what could trump the last two months of news, we already know the Starters, Rivals, Antagonists, Professor, Region, a handful of Pokémon, new type and more.. so it might just be a larger quantity of Pokémon and an exclusive new feature to X and Y or it could be totally unrelated.

Also, the source who provided those rumors which have been turning out to be true also got the Sycamore Professor and the move "Drain Kiss" Correct...
I know...the only thing I can see topping this news is the announcement of double type moves which has the potential to blow our metagame out of the water.
Old July 11th, 2013 (11:17 AM).
wut?
Silver Tier

If it's related to Pokemon, I think it'll be a butt-load of new Pokemon and/or some new mechanic that's a huge deal to the new games.

...or they could just be over-exaggerating, which wouldn't surprise me in the least bit.
Old July 11th, 2013 (12:05 PM).
Silver Tier

That's true...they should've used that line for the Fairy type if you ask me...of course it may not even be related to Pokémon.
Old July 11th, 2013 (12:11 PM).
wut?
Silver Tier

Quote:
That's true...they should've used that line for the Fairy type if you ask me...of course it may not even be related to Pokémon.
Yeah, the introduction of the Fairy typing would have totally fit with that headline. I mean, it doesn't get much bigger than the intro of a new typing in these games. So chances are it's related to something else.
Old July 11th, 2013 (12:13 PM).
Silver Tier

Or maybe it's the fairy types strengths and weaknesses xD
Or maybe it's the rumored second forme of Mewtwo...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links