Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old July 11th, 2013 (12:19 PM).
wut?
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
Or maybe it's the fairy types strengths and weaknesses xD
Or maybe it's the rumored second forme of Mewtwo...
I'm so excited at the possibility of it having a second forme. I hope that turns out to be true. I still don't see why Mewtwo needed new formes, but at this point, they're gladly welcomed in my book.
Old July 11th, 2013 (12:23 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by JP:
I'm so excited at the possibility of it having a second forme. I hope that turns out to be true. I still don't see why Mewtwo needed new formes, but at this point, they're gladly welcomed in my book.
I agree, I love the new forme. Hopefully the other forme will look taller and less "soft" as Éclair forme Mewtwo looks somewhat like a child, so an "older" looking forme would be a nice contrast. Come on Mewtwo Y forme, come true!
Old July 11th, 2013 (12:28 PM).
wut?
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I agree, I love the new forme. Hopefully the other forme will look taller and less "soft" as Éclair forme Mewtwo looks somewhat like a child, so an "older" looking forme would be a nice contrast. Come on Mewtwo Y forme, come true!
The rumor on Pokebeach suggests that the forme that's been shown is resembling more of Mew, while the second one we haven't seen yet will resemble more Mewtwo. So I think it's a safe bet that you'll get what you want!
Old July 11th, 2013 (12:44 PM).
California Dreamin'
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
They're anticipating it to be the biggest news of the century which would imply that it's more groundbreaking than a new type? Difficult to tell really..
Old July 11th, 2013 (01:01 PM).
Silver Tier

Duel type moves are the only thing I see as more groundbreaking...it's proably an over exaggeration though even for Pokémon standards.
Old July 11th, 2013 (01:17 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
They're anticipating it to be the biggest news of the century which would imply that it's more groundbreaking than a new type? Difficult to tell really..
Keep in mind...everytime they do this it isn't as big as they make it sound.

We got 5 new Pokemon. Next CoroCoro's "biggest news of the century" could be 7 new Pokemon instead.

I can see them adding/revealing more Pokemon next month. Possibly going over some features already revealed and more into the Pokemon revealed. All we know is that we're supposed to be getting new info.
Old July 11th, 2013 (01:59 PM).
Silver Tier

Or even better they could be 7 evolutions of past Pokémon, that'll definitely be "big" imo, not century big though but as I've said before it's likely an exaggeration even for them.
Old July 11th, 2013 (05:21 PM).
#radreds
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
Whatever it is I'm hoping for something big and maybe loads of new stuff! Maybe some evolutions of past-gen Pokemon? Elite Four and Champion? Maybe even more Fairy-types?

*fingers crossed for starter evolutions so everyone can make final decisions*
Old July 11th, 2013 (10:49 PM).

Nature: Brave
I think the starter's evolution will be shown on next CoroCoro issue as it is announced as the Biggest Scoop of the century according to the teaser shown
Old July 11th, 2013 (11:11 PM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
It probably is the starters' evolutions honestly. It's pretty much the last big thing that people are hyped up about and expecting to see, which I guess would be pretty big news. Either that or it could just be big news in the sense that it's more than we got this issue, as Xander said. That, or we're just going to get thrown some huge curveball that none of us were ever expecting =P
Old July 12th, 2013 (12:44 AM).
~~King Of Plegia~~

I dont like the idea of revealing the starters.I wish they remain secret until the last month at least.
I would love to see older Pokemon that will get evos/prevos revealed.(Come on Banette!)
It would also be ideal to know how we will transfer older Pokemon.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old July 12th, 2013 (01:06 AM).
California Dreamin'
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Ooh, It would be great to have information on previous evolutions! Banette, Sableye, Chatot, Dunsparce, Mawile ;)
Old July 12th, 2013 (06:22 AM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Nature: Quirky
I believe the "biggest scoop in the century" may be more info of Mewtwo's new forme in the game, since it'll be a month after the movie's release. Considering how much of a big deal Mewtwo's new forme is to the fandom, it makes sense.
Old July 12th, 2013 (07:34 AM).
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
The names Inkay, Malimar and Pangoro are confirmed from the first batch of rumors which adds some credibility to them.
Old July 12th, 2013 (07:41 AM).
LIGHTNINGSTRIKE ϟ
Platinum Tier

Quote:
That, or we're just going to get thrown some huge curveball that none of us were ever expecting =P
Not gonna lie, kind of hoping that it's this. A positive curveball, that is.

I am the
white lightning

To travel with
godspeed
and
deliver purpose
, that is my duty.
Old July 12th, 2013 (07:53 AM).
Silver Tier

Seems the rumors do have some truth to them after all.
Old July 12th, 2013 (08:23 AM).
Unburden Belly Drum
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Still not 100% sure on those rumors. Unless Patrice is Sycamore's first name (which, why would you leak the professor's first name and not last name?), then Patrice =/= Sycamore.

And the website and magazine scans said that Pangoro has a new way of evolving, but not Inkay. It would be weird to advertise "new ways of evolving!" but only mention one of the new Pokémon revealed so far does it. At least I think so--you'd lose out on potential hype.

There was always some truth to those rumors, but as we know already they aren't all true.
Old July 12th, 2013 (08:29 AM).
Silver Tier

They didn't even give away much for Pancham evolving, so maybe they're keeping the new methods a secret?

I hope you're right though and not all are true, as double type moves seem like too much...
Old July 12th, 2013 (08:44 AM).
Unburden Belly Drum
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Definitely. I don't even care if Mewtwo gets another forme--but, similar with "what if they introduce another Eevee evolution later?," it would be very...weird to announce one forme at one time and then another forme later. And to give one forme a movie and neglect the other one is just silly.

And double-type attacks can't even really work. It still haunts my nightmares.

Anything else this guy says can be true--just no dual-typed attacks. It's absurd.
Old July 12th, 2013 (10:39 AM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Serebii confirms English names Inkay and Malimar, just like the leaker said.
Old July 12th, 2013 (10:44 AM).
Fictional Writer.

These rumors are mostly proven to be true. I think it is a good bet to trust the rest of what the guy says, up to you though.

Anyways, I am hoping to see the Evo forms of the starters and the lion cub. I am also hoping to see the other form of Mewtwo and at least 1 other legendary or the trio.

Darker Than It Seem..
Shadow:
Party: Noivern, Greninja, Lucario, Eevee, Seedot
PC: Doublade, Vibrava
Old July 12th, 2013 (10:51 AM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
To be honest, I think revealing 1 new pokemon a month would be better. I want to discover new pokemon in the game. However, I can't just ignore the pokemon that are revealed - i'm obsessed with this stuff.

Just gimme the new Type-Chart before the game starts!
Old July 12th, 2013 (11:03 AM).
wut?
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Rivvon:
Definitely. I don't even care if Mewtwo gets another forme--but, similar with "what if they introduce another Eevee evolution later?," it would be very...weird to announce one forme at one time and then another forme later. And to give one forme a movie and neglect the other one is just silly.

And double-type attacks can't even really work. It still haunts my nightmares.

Anything else this guy says can be true--just no dual-typed attacks. It's absurd.
I kind of like the idea of dual-type attacks though, the potential of doing damage with two typings. I think it sounds exciting and interesting, and it'd definitely make things a bit more interesting. Granted, I feel as though this would only be a certain set of moves and not a huge list, much like those special 'combo' moves from Gen 5.

Although I agree with you about neglecting a possible second forme to Mewtwo, at the same time, who's to say that we won't see the second one in this movie or even a future one? Maybe this forme will be a 'exclusive event' type deal, much like how the last Pokemon in each generation's national dex is generally kept publicly secret and reserved for special events? All I'm saying is that, you just never know for sure. I'm wholly open to Mewtwo getting a second forme, but I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if it never happened.

I would agree with the general idea that next months 'big scoop' is probably related to the starter's evolutions, if at all related to Pokemon.
Old July 12th, 2013 (01:16 PM).

Nature: Docile
Interesting news the last two days. Right now I'm fairly certain that the Pokebeach leaker is legit. I'm guessing that his Fairy type chart is also legit: Super-effective against Dragon, Dark, Fighting. Immune to Dragon. Weak to Poison and Steel. Fire and Psychic resist.
Old July 12th, 2013 (04:02 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by JP:
I kind of like the idea of dual-type attacks though, the potential of doing damage with two typings. I think it sounds exciting and interesting, and it'd definitely make things a bit more interesting. Granted, I feel as though this would only be a certain set of moves and not a huge list, much like those special 'combo' moves from Gen 5.

Although I agree with you about neglecting a possible second forme to Mewtwo, at the same time, who's to say that we won't see the second one in this movie or even a future one? Maybe this forme will be a 'exclusive event' type deal, much like how the last Pokemon in each generation's national dex is generally kept publicly secret and reserved for special events? All I'm saying is that, you just never know for sure. I'm wholly open to Mewtwo getting a second forme, but I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if it never happened.

I would agree with the general idea that next months 'big scoop' is probably related to the starter's evolutions, if at all related to Pokemon.
I'll actually like it there were more combo moves, and these moves ended up being the "dual type" moves, inflicting damage from the types used to make it. Hey maybe Pokémon has move fusion outside of battle allowing us to create unique moves...that would be big news and an interesting feature .

I feel they should save the starters evolutions for the October issue (the one coming out in September).
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links