Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old July 12th, 2013 (06:11 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by causality:
Interesting news the last two days. Right now I'm fairly certain that the Pokebeach leaker is legit. I'm guessing that his Fairy type chart is also legit: Super-effective against Dragon, Dark, Fighting. Immune to Dragon. Weak to Poison and Steel. Fire and Psychic resist.
Its already been shown that they aren't Strong against Dark though. Hydreigon survived a Special Fairy Attack boosted by STAB from a Gardevoir. That should have KO'd Hydreigon since Hydreigon has a fairly average Special Defense. Instead it left him with a little over what looked to be a quarter. Based on that there's not much chance of Fairy being SE against Dark.

That type match up also didn't include Ice as being weak to Fairy. Smash said Ice is weak to Fairy Type in their skit.
Old July 12th, 2013 (06:56 PM).
Austin1395
Dark-type Trainer

Nature: Serious
That chart doesn't sound all to right to me, and Xander presents some good evidence as well. The leaker has given us some truth but I wouldn't buy into everything he says. As for the '"news of the century" the way it is being hyped and made to sound, it looks like it is at least something positive. If I had to guess, possibly how many Pokemon are comming with X and Y and it is such a ridiculous number, or possibly 3rd Gen. remakes. I don't know. I just do not see evolutions or new forms as being news of the century.

Hell, for all we know the news could be that they are making Sonic and Kirby in to Pokemon or something I don't know! But, something like that is certainly more ground breaking than the evolutions of the starters or, yet another form for Mewtwo. Look, I get it, it's cool and all, but don't overdo it. Two forms of a Gen. 1 Pokemon, that seems a bit much to me and truthfully if they do, I think I will lose all respect for Mewtwo.
Old July 13th, 2013 (12:42 PM).
flight
soaring
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Its already been shown that they aren't Strong against Dark though. Hydreigon survived a Special Fairy Attack boosted by STAB from a Gardevoir. That should have KO'd Hydreigon since Hydreigon has a fairly average Special Defense
Just to note here that the only way Hydreigon could've survived something like Fairy Wind if it did hit for x4 theoretically, is if it's base power was somewhere around like 30-40. However, I don't even think it's that weak, and I think it still hovers around 60, so yeah. ^^;

go ahead. fly. take flight. no one can tell you otherwise, right?
VMPM
Old July 13th, 2013 (01:46 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
Just to note here that the only way Hydreigon could've survived something like Fairy Wind if it did hit for x4 theoretically, is if it's base power was somewhere around like 30-40. However, I don't even think it's that weak, and I think it still hovers around 60, so yeah. ;
Lower. It has to be at 30 as even with around 40 Base power it would have been hit it to red.

30 BP does between 180 - 216 Damage. Which is around the area that Hydreigon took damage. But an attack like that being 30 is way too much of a stretch.
Old July 13th, 2013 (02:39 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Yeah, that'll be as weak as struggle bug...
Though if Fairy is strong against Ice perhaps Ice can still be strong against it just how Normal and Ghost don't work on each other.
Old July 13th, 2013 (03:12 PM).
flight
soaring
Community Supporter

I really don't mind Ice being strong against Fairy! To me, Ice is kind of...a very iffy type to use nowadays. Nowadays it just seems like a safer bet to have a water type pokemon learn Ice Beam than to just use an Ice-type Pokemon due to their numerous weaknesses. I'd hopefully like to see that changed if it got another strength added to it.

VMPM
Old July 13th, 2013 (08:12 PM).
Pinkie-Dawn
hoping senpai notices me

Nature: Quirky
Not sure if this counts as a rumor, but a 4chan user posted this regarding Team Flare:

Quote:
Team Flare are using the fossil and cloning tech developed by Team Rocket sometime before the Gen I.

They are acting like they are the first people to have ever done this (see pic).

Flare is the name of a small rocket used as a distress signal at sea.

Team Flare is the embryonic form of team Rocket and at the games conclusion Geovani probably forms Team Rocket from the ashes of Team Flare after the player has defeated it and runs off to an obsqure backwater called Kanto to rebuild his team and become great once more...

X and Y are the prequels to the Gen I games in the same way that Zelda OoT was to Zelda aLttP.

This is next month's big Corocoro "scoop of the century".
The picture it was referring to was the Flare grunt saying "If we can restore fossils, we can make some good money," which sounded like fossil revival is brand new in the Kalos region.
Old July 13th, 2013 (08:26 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
Not sure if this counts as a rumor, but a 4chan user posted this regarding Team Flare:

The picture it was referring to was the Flare grunt saying "If we can restore fossils, we can make some good money," which sounded like fossil revival is brand new in the Kalos region.
I doubt these would be prequels due to having a large amount of gen 5's mixed in. Fossil Restoration is "new" in every generation despite it being created in Gen 1/3.

I think Flare is looking to make their own restoration machine rather than use one by the other scientists. They may not have many science-y people on their team yet. Then again they may just be looking for Fossils to restore and that phrase simply means they are searching for fossils to restore so they can make money rather than searching for a way to revive them.

Its a pretty ambidextrous phrase. It can go practically any way you decide to read it.
Old July 14th, 2013 (01:01 AM).
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Obviously, Gym Leader Blaine is the founder of Team Flare. That is why they are fire-type and interested in fossils.

Better have a Burn Heal !
Old July 14th, 2013 (11:59 AM).
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
I doubt these would be prequels due to having a large amount of gen 5's mixed in. Fossil Restoration is "new" in every generation despite it being created in Gen 1/3.

I think Flare is looking to make their own restoration machine rather than use one by the other scientists. They may not have many science-y people on their team yet. Then again they may just be looking for Fossils to restore and that phrase simply means they are searching for fossils to restore so they can make money rather than searching for a way to revive them.

Its a pretty ambidextrous phrase. It can go practically any way you decide to read it.
They always retcon the existence of past Pokémon so it proably doesn't matter how much Gen V Pokémon are in Kalos. Irc Generation IV and V didn't have anything about making the fossil machine. Only III and I have it built which would make sense as they are said to take place around the same time (though Hoenn may have built it's own independently at a slightly later time considering it's pretty far from Kanto).

I don't trust the rumors though, their source isn't highly reliable...
Old July 14th, 2013 (12:08 PM).
L0RD G3NGAR
Community Supporter

I think mew should have a new form to

FC:1521-4183-4396
In game name:Kylee(Y) Kyle(OR)
Old July 14th, 2013 (10:00 PM).
flight
soaring
Community Supporter

Eh. I've made that argument in the past that because Mewtwo has a new form, that Mew should deserve the same treatment, but I guess GF has their reasons why they didn't give Mew a new form.

...Probably because it'd be really hard to imagine what it'd look like in a separate form.

VMPM
Old July 15th, 2013 (01:33 AM).
Fairy_Master

Nature: Modest
By the way, has anyone heard word of the new Mewtwo form?
Was it shown during the movie or what?
Cuz if someone sketched Orotto, then why didnt anyone sketch an idea of the other M2 form?
Old July 15th, 2013 (03:35 AM).
Xander Olivieri

Quote originally posted by Fairy_Master:
By the way, has anyone heard word of the new Mewtwo form?
Was it shown during the movie or what?
Cuz if someone sketched Orotto, then why didnt anyone sketch an idea of the other M2 form?
Awakened/Speed Form Mewtwo was the only form showed in the movie. Calling it speed form because the translators said that Mewtwo used the form for speed.
Old July 15th, 2013 (08:52 AM).
Community Supporter

Eh. I've made that argument in the past that because Mewtwo has a new form, that Mew should deserve the same treatment, but I guess GF has their reasons why they didn't give Mew a new form.

...Probably because it'd be really hard to imagine what it'd look like in a separate form.
And besides Dialga and Palkia also didn't get forme when Giratina did (one could argue this for the Tao trio but since they're fusions in a way it is sort of another forme for Zekrom and Reshiram only with Kyurem parts, well at least they can be seen as such.)
Old July 17th, 2013 (11:17 AM).
Austin1395
Dark-type Trainer

Nature: Serious
I don't think Mewtwo is going to get two new forms. That seems like overkill to me. Mew doesn't need a new one. It would be pointless just giving Mew one just so things can be fair.If anything, I think Dark will be super effective against Fairy, not the other way around.
Old July 17th, 2013 (02:49 PM).
pokehearts
I like trains.

Nature: Naive
I think it'd be cool if Fairy was super effective to Dark and Vice Versa.

Friend Codes:
White 2: 2538 1585 2551

The unofficial Train Master of the Pokecommunity
Old July 17th, 2013 (03:44 PM).
flight
soaring
Community Supporter

Fairy being weak to Dark would certainly be more useful than Poison, being honest here. Poison-types aren't difficult in the slightest to get rid of, since it's easy to wall their attacks and whatnot. So yeah, I definitely agree with Dark~

VMPM
Old July 17th, 2013 (04:16 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Fairy being weak to Dark would certainly be more useful than Poison, being honest here. Poison-types aren't difficult in the slightest to get rid of, since it's easy to wall their attacks and whatnot. So yeah, I definitely agree with Dark~
Yes, but its not the Pokemon's type you worry about when considering weakness. Its the type of attacks a Pokemon has. Fairy being weak to a Dark Type attack won't change much if Sylveon is facing off against a Dark Type Pokemon with no Dark attacks.

While half your statement still rings true, the same can almost be said for dark in general. Poison is only good against Fairy and Grass types effectively, while their added bonus of majority of them poisoning all but Steel and Poison makes up for their lack of offensive power. Ghost, Ground, Poison, and Rock are all that resist Poison.

While three are somewhat common in meta, they still can't deal with added effects well.

While Dark shares Poison's number of strengths currently. Even if Dark is effective against Fairy that only puts it one more above. Dark's only real strength would be being able to check Fairy AND Ghost types which the latter is fairly common in the meta. Psychic types are still good check and their immunity to them helps, but not initially concerning a Fairy Type. Resistance wise, Dark is resisted by 3 types, Dark, Fighting, and Steel...all three are common in current meta as well so Dark and Poison's resistance checks are pretty much even when paired up.

Dark is also weak to Bug and Fighting attacks which are both climbing the ladder in usage as attacks. With the new generation and us getting better bug attacks each gen, we may see even more which would increase bug's potential and lowering Dark's. A lot of things use heavy hitting Fighting attacks nowadays, be them physical or special.

Since Poison type Pokemon aren't used as much as Dark types there's not much point in pulling up their overly common weaknesses as a lot of things use either Psychic or Earthquake. But the point being made is that Dark has just as much liability issues as Poison faces. Only thing saving individual Dark Types is that their stats are usually superior to Poison types in ways and they are common counters for high powered Psychics and Ghost making them needed a little more.

With a demand change on the way, Dark type usage can slow and reverse the flow making Poison more wanted than Darks just to come up as checks for Fairy. Even if the Pokemon type isn't used, the attack type may see a surge with both being somewhat even and Poison having a slightly better lingering effect.

New generation, new meta. Fairy has a chance to change everything or nothing at all depending on use of the individual Pokemon. Only threats that have been shown are Sylveon (130 possible SP. Attack), Gardevoir, and Xerneas (if he even gets used much).

Azumarill has potential I guess, but I don't see it climbing up the ladder just yet. Wigglytuff?...ya....no.

If Clefairy gets Fairy Type, then she may move up as Magic Guard makes her better suited to switch in and face off while entry hazards or weather effects are up, as well as can safely use Life Orb for an added damage bonus.

Honedge is definitely going to be a check for both Dark and Poison types. Its fairly neutral to Dark attacks, but with Dark attacks being fairly weak by default and only really get their power from added effects, he'd be a decent check thanks to Steel's usually high natural Defense and Special Defense. You'd have to have a heavy Dark type to counter it with a Fire or Earthquake attack.

Then we have Inkay which has a lot of potential being a Dark type I can see it getting used more than other Dark types which sorta raises the "bug climbing the ladder" thing.

Then we still have old checks which may come back more competitively like Lucario which pretty much walls both Dark and Poison types and has some team versatility.

So..ya...its going to be a brand new ball game which all of us pretty much needing to relearn some strategies to adjust to the new game style and all the new Pokemon.

We still don't know if Fairy resists anything so we don't know what it can check defensively and only know about 2 possible offenses. One being confirmed, Dragon, and the other unconfirmed but has high support being from a company that works under the distribution company and gets news straight from the source, Ice.
Old July 17th, 2013 (10:03 PM). Edited July 17th, 2013 by The Dark Avenger.
The Dark Avenger
Vengeance is Vine

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to The Dark Avenger
I have some new rumors/speculation for everyone!

EDIT: This info came from the same person who leaked all of the Black White info in September 2010, Melkor.
http://pokebeach.com/2010/09/leaked-black-and-white-pokemon-information

This has been circulating around the various forums:
Spoiler:
Pokéxperto has posted online some supposed new Pokémon names from X & Y. The list supposedly existed before Swirlix, Spritzee and Inkay were revealed, those pokemon were included in the list, and as such Pokéxperto believes it provides some credence to the list.

We’ve added translations and name breakdowns below. Please remember to take them with a grain of salt, whether from our list below or from any other source. We’ve tried our best to break down the names and find their origins, but there’s a chance that some are incorrect.

Dianshii (ディアンシー) — Possibly a deer Pokémon. It’s name could come from deer + fancy + antsy. Another report states "sea deer".
Hariboogu (ハリボーグ) — Most likely the evolution of Chespin — Hari (ハリ) comes from pin/needle, boogu (ボーグ) or bogue, is the name of the shell of a chestnut is French. Thanks to belmad for this tip-off! (another report says "needle" and "armour". )
Gekogashira (ゲコガシラ) — Possibly from gecko + boss. Gashira means either head or boss. Possibly a Froakie evolution.
Borukenion (ボルケニオン) — Probably Volcanyon — likely boruke (ボルケ) from volcano and nion (ニオン) from canyon.
Dedenne (デデンネ)
Horubii (ホルビー) — Likely comes from horu (ホル) to dig + bee.
Nyaonikusu (ニャオニクス) — Probably Meowstick, as mentioned in a previous leak
Burigaron (ブリガロン) — Maybe a blizzard wolf: buri (ブリ) from blizzard (burizaado) + garo (ガロ / 牙狼) meaning fanged wolf. It could also come from garou (餓狼) meaning starving wolf.
Jigarude (ジガルデ) — Is possibly from Jiga (ジガ / 自我), which means ego.
Mafokushii (マフォクシー) — Is possibly an evolution of Fennekin: Mafoxy
Fuupa (フーパ) — fuu (フー) is most likely wind, pa (パ) could be many things.
Gekkouga (ゲッコウガ) — Gekkou (ゲッコウ) means moonlight + ga (ガ) is moth. Literally moonlight moth.
Torimian (トリミアン)
Teerunaa (テールナー) — Possibly related to Gekkouga. Teeru (テール) means tail and runaa (ルナー) means lunar.

Another attempt of guessing concepts from another forum (some of these don't make sense):

Spoiler:
Dianshii is a sea deer. (Interesting, like a capricorn)

Hariboogu is the fashionista Chespin evo. (Fashoinista? I think this one is OFF)

Gekogashira is an angry artist. (I am thinking Smeargle evo)

Dedenne is a legendary root. (Might be related to the vegetable pokemon at the bottom of the list)

Horubii is a digger bee. (same as other interpretation)

Burigaron is an amberjack moth. (???)

Jigarude is ego that wants to go out. (Both reference ego)

Mafokushii is an alchololic linen. (???)

Fuupa is a clothed rabbit.

Gekkouga is a moonlight moth. (same interpretation)

Torimian is an official beach plant. (official?

Teerunaa is a vegetable with tail. (both have tail)

I absolutely love the idea of a Moonlight Moth. Can you image a Sun-Moth/Moon-Moth pairing with Volcarona? With that name alone, I will allow my naivete to come through so I can be optimistic that it is genuine.

And...

Another Orotto sketch by a supposed spectator in Japan of the Genesect Movie:

Spoiler:

It is similar to the last "cyclops" interpretation, with some variation.

Melkor also states that the cyclops renditions was spot-on, except for that the pokemon had two eyes, and a mouth separate from the zigzag bark, which is not the actual mouth. So that corroborates the above image.

With that said, these are of course rumors, but I really wanted to call BS on the rumor of new pokemon including malimar, but the bulk of that rumor was confirmed true and this leaker has built credibility.

Lastly, if anyone is good with Japanese, and is able to pick up on any nuanced meaning that might be an indication of the concepts behind the names beyond that of which pokebeach was capable, then by all means please add your input.

Artwork by Fairy+
Old July 17th, 2013 (11:04 PM).
flight
soaring
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
Yes, but its not the Pokemon's type you worry about when considering weakness. Its the type of attacks a Pokemon has. Fairy being weak to a Dark Type attack won't change much if Sylveon is facing off against a Dark Type Pokemon with no Dark attacks.

-snip-
Yeah, I suppose you're right. Honestly ( I only speak for a lot of the UU metagame since that's what I primarily play, as well as some of OU), there's not a whole lot of good dark types around this generation, but I have a feeling that, if the power creep increases this generation (which it does pretty much just about every generation, so it's most likely a given), then things might take a turn for the better for Dark types. Definitely possible.

Quote:
Azumarill has potential I guess, but I don't see it climbing up the ladder just yet. Wigglytuff?...ya....no.
Are you kidding? With Access to Huge Power aqua jet, and assuming it's going to also have fairy-type priority (which is also boosted by huge power), Azumarill would shoot straight up to OU in usage in a snap of a finger. I can definitely see it being a useful revenge killer, ESPECIALLY if it gets a Fairy Priority move.

Quote:
If Clefairy gets Fairy Type, then she may move up as Magic Guard makes her better suited to switch in and face off while entry hazards or weather effects are up, as well as can safely use Life Orb for an added damage bonus.
Would be for the better. At least hopefully it doesn't move up to UU because UU is crawling with Fighting-types galore, not really a safe environment for it to be. Machamp, Mienshao, Darmanitan, Cobalion, Meloetta, you get the deal. Then again, OU has Breloom as well as several other threads that can quickly get rid of it before it can set up, so that might be a problem. Magic Guard doesn't help protect against sleep status as far as I know. Breloom is #10 in usage, so I imagine that becoming a problem for Clefable (Terrakion is also a problem). The main issue with it is that it has to set up first before it can be remotely threatening (or at least have some heavy support, such a dual screens beforehand). Not a lot of people run HO these days as far as I can see, so yeah. .__.

Quote:
Honedge is definitely going to be a check for both Dark and Poison types. Its fairly neutral to Dark attacks, but with Dark attacks being fairly weak by default and only really get their power from added effects, he'd be a decent check thanks to Steel's usually high natural Defense and Special Defense. You'd have to have a heavy Dark type to counter it with a Fire or Earthquake attack.
Actually, you're partially incorrect on that. Assuming Honedge is going to have a ridiculously high attack stat (which, I mean, it's a sword, so it's a pretty safe assumption), that means that Foul Play Umbreon 2HKOs the crap out of it. Of course, we don't know the kind of attacks that Honedge can learn yet, but unless it can learn sacred sword or something that would do a hefty amount of damage to pokes like Umby as well as Purrloin (another popular foul Play user), the poor sword would be in roughly a tough spot. Of course, that all depends on it's moveset, so we'll see, I suppose.

Quote:
Then we still have old checks which may come back more competitively like Lucario which pretty much walls both Dark and Poison types and has some team versatility.
Possibly, that's assuming that there are good enough Dark and Poison types to enter into the OU Metagame. It's a sad thing because the competitive metagame isn't very kind to Poison and Dark times. Of course. Pokemon like Roserade and Crobat, as well as Nidoking and Nidoking are an exception, only because their typing is secondary, as they dont use their Poison typing much in the first place, aside from removing toxic spikes and all, but I digress. Dark types need to have a stronger move because Sucker Punch is starting to get really predictable and Night slash is just laughable if anything.

Quote:
New generation, new meta. Fairy has a chance to change everything or nothing at all depending on use of the individual Pokemon. Only threats that have been shown are Sylveon (130 possible SP. Attack), Gardevoir, and Xerneas (if he even gets used much).
That depends on their tiering/usage ultimately. Gardevoir I REALLY do not see changing all that much, being honest here. It's still massively pursuit bait, and one can just spam u-turn on it and it'll just about be dealt with from there. Not going to comment on the others since their stats/movesets haven't been revealed, yet.

Also
Quote:
Hariboogu (ハリボーグ) — Most likely the evolution of Chespin — Hari (ハリ) comes from pin/needle, boogu (ボーグ) or bogue, is the name of the shell of a chestnut is French. Thanks to belmad for this tip-off!
I hope this means that Chespin is Grass/Rock, and that it can learn Shell smash. n____n that would be so awesome.

VMPM
Old July 18th, 2013 (01:23 AM).
metalhand

Nature: Relaxed
blizzard wolf sound cool, hope its design would be good.
i may end up using it if its real
Old July 18th, 2013 (02:32 AM).
Blue
エルフーン
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
These rumors can actually be believable since he got the Black & White Pokédex spot on, but I'd rather avoid looking at it for more of a surprise when the official Pokédex is actually revealed.
Old July 18th, 2013 (03:46 AM).
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

BLIZZARD WOLF?!
Is that supposed to be a Fenrir?!
Man i wish it is true!!
Also Fupa reminds me of Puppa so maybe it is the first stage of that moth.(Gekouga and Teeruna might be like Dustox and Beautifly)

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old July 18th, 2013 (09:35 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
If the rumor of an Ice-type Wolf Pokémon or a "Blizzard Wolf" as they say comes to fruition, then all I can say to that would be... finally!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links