The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 24th, 2013, 01:26 PM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Nature: Adamant
I wouldn't say the leaker, if false, (which he likely is) is primarily inspired by one person or group in particular. Rather, the inspirations seem to be base on speculation, popular fan "wants", as well as common fan art.

There are dozens upon dozens of grass peacock fakemon for example. So either the guy is looking at what the fan-base wants on a broadened scale or GF is pandering to the fan-base, maybe even skimming through forums. Though, I'd like to think GF tries to go for unique pokemon rather than predictable ones. For instance, no where will you find any pokemon like Chespin in the fan art concepts. Even popular animals such as bats don't resemble pokemon such as Noivern, or squids that evolve and are turned upside their heads. These pokemon are very creative and don't seem to be by popular demand. This, I believe is a good thing. It separates GF concepts from the fanart submissions. That is why I am guessing this one is a false leak. Even the more unique concepts are based on fan speculation, such as Litleo -> Manticore as we as digging bee (the leaked japanese names).

Retrodex Sprites
|D&D Forum|??? (coming soon)
Old July 24th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenneking View Post
I wouldn't say the leaker, if false, (which he likely is) is primarily inspired by one person or group in particular. Rather, the inspirations seem to be base on speculation, popular fan "wants", as well as common fan art.

There are dozens upon dozens of grass peacock fakemon for example. So either the guy is looking at what the fan-base wants on a broadened scale or GF is pandering to the fan-base, maybe even skimming through forums. Though, I'd like to think GF tries to go for unique pokemon rather than predictable ones. For instance, no where will you find any pokemon like Chespin in the fan art concepts. Even popular animals such as bats don't resemble pokemon such as Noivern, or squids that evolve and are turned upside their heads. These pokemon are very creative and don't seem to be by popular demand. This, I believe is a good thing. It separates GF concepts from the fanart submissions. That is why I am guessing this one is a false leak. Even the more unique concepts are based on fan speculation, such as Litleo -> Manticore as we as digging bee (the leaked japanese names).
Ya I agree that the over abundance of constantly repeating Fan Favorites really hurt the chances of these being real. The more its being asked or done over the internet the less likely its going to be an actual leak.

Look at Jellicent. We've been waiting for a Ghost/Water type. Did we ever expect a jelly fish? I certainly never did and I can't say I've seen many in the fandom. Noivern being a Bat like Wyvern too shows how unique they are getting with their design and concepts.

Would I be mad at some of these being real? Not really. I do find them to be incredibly stupid. Only reason everyone is pushing Fire/Psychic is because they do not want Fire/Fighting. There are better combination potentials that were mentioned but Fire/Psychic is what majority of what people want so to add some possible credit the fake leaks are going to say what we want them to say. There is less chance we won't believe it. Only people that will not believe it are those that don't want the type combination or set group to appear.

Just rewatched the original trailer, Chespin did indeed use Aerial Ace against Golurk (which is odd). Why would they have originally have had Chespin use Aerial Ace? He's got a fairly random assortment going on with Rock, Flying, Grass, and Normal attacks. Its very nice to see him get so much as now we have 2 potential attacks to use against the first Gym starting with Chespin depending on when he learns both Rollout and Aerial Ace.

Last edited by Khrysta; July 24th, 2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old July 24th, 2013, 02:28 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Just rewatched the original trailer, Chespin did indeed use Aerial Ace against Golurk (which is odd). Why would they have originally have had Chespin use Aerial Ace? He's got a fairly random assortment going on with Rock, Flying, Grass, and Normal attacks. Its very nice to see him get so much as now we have 2 potential attacks to use against the first Gym starting with Chespin depending on when he learns both Rollout and Aerial Ace.
Well, Diglett (a Pokémon specifically known to dig) can learn Aerial Ace (god that's hard to spell) so I wouldn't be too weirded out by a Grass-type being able to learn it, though of course it doesn't make any sense.

Old July 24th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
Well, Diglett (a Pokémon specifically known to dig) can learn Aerial Ace (god that's hard to spell) so I wouldn't be too weirded out by a Grass-type being able to learn it, though of course it doesn't make any sense.
Diglett learn it because its actually a cutting like attack. Diglett can learn a bunch of Scratch/Slash/Cutting based attacks since its based off a mole who uses its claws as primary defense. Its base is from a sword style which is why there are a lot of non-flyings that learn it. I mean I can see why Chespin can use Aerial Ace, but I don't think many Pokemon learn it and moves like Rollout, and then go on to use moves like Leech Seed as status hitters or even Wood Hammer as if Chespin is intended to be a tank.

Based on the moves I've been seeing I see a focus on damage and some defense as Rollout is used by a lot of defensive Pokemon. Sandshrew and Sandslash are the only other Pokemon I think learn both Aerial Ace and Rollout which is pretty cool as it gives a rough idea of what we can expect Chespin to be able to do physically.
Old July 24th, 2013, 03:27 PM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Quote:
Diglett learn it because its actually a cutting like attack. Diglett can learn a bunch of Scratch/Slash/Cutting based attacks since its based off a mole who uses its claws as primary defense. Its base is from a sword style which is why there are a lot of non-flyings that learn it. I mean I can see why Chespin can use Aerial Ace, but I don't think many Pokemon learn it and moves like Rollout, and then go on to use moves like Leech Seed as status hitters or even Wood Hammer as if Chespin is intended to be a tank.

Based on the moves I've been seeing I see a focus on damage and some defense as Rollout is used by a lot of defensive Pokemon. Sandshrew and Sandslash are the only other Pokemon I think learn both Aerial Ace and Rollout which is pretty cool as it gives a rough idea of what we can expect Chespin to be able to do physically.
I agree to an extent. I think that Chespin will be high attack AND high defense, with lower special stats.

Also, yes, aerial ace is a cutting-like attack that many many many non-flying types can learn and it makes logical sense.

Retrodex Sprites
Old July 24th, 2013, 03:44 PM
zoroarkrules25

I like the ideas represented but it seems to good to be true. I sense fakeness.
Old July 24th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Alexial
dream

Nature: Naive
I'm having a hard time believing the leaker's legitimacy. I wouldn't be heartbroken if some of these rumors ended up being true, but a lot of them seem to be -as stated- fan favorites. Doesn't have much to stand on in terms of credibility either.

A lot of unorthodox pokemon learn Aerial Ace (I can wrap my head around Diglett learning it, but Porygon2 just seems far too blunt lol), so it's not a far stretch for Chespin.

Old July 25th, 2013, 07:21 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I was looking back at Pokebeach, and found this disclaimer: "Around when the source was discovered, his friend began going around online trying to cast doubt on all the information. This may have been to try to take the heat off his friend or an attempt to make amends with Nintendo and cause confusion so people wouldn't know which information to believe. So, here is a list of the bullet points that were sent to me around the time he was discovered / felt Nintendo was about to knock on his door. The reliability of everything else above should be considered just as reliable as the confirmed information he sent. These two bullet points below may still be just as reliable."

It seems like they don't the infomation to look wrong. There's also several other justifications for the slightly wrong things. I wonder if any of the source's other rumors will come true...
Old July 25th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I was looking back at Pokebeach, and found this disclaimer: "Around when the source was discovered, his friend began going around online trying to cast doubt on all the information. This may have been to try to take the heat off his friend or an attempt to make amends with Nintendo and cause confusion so people wouldn't know which information to believe. So, here is a list of the bullet points that were sent to me around the time he was discovered / felt Nintendo was about to knock on his door. The reliability of everything else above should be considered just as reliable as the confirmed information he sent. These two bullet points below may still be just as reliable."

It seems like they don't the infomation to look wrong. There's also several other justifications for the slightly wrong things. I wonder if any of the source's other rumors will come true...
The fact they even tried to make an excuse to cover up why they are wrong makes it even worse honestly. They knew they'd get found out so they create a false cover. If TPC were involved with stopping them then they would have been arrested or another cease and dissist order would have circulated to fan sites like last time.
Old July 26th, 2013, 10:44 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Wow!Talk to Pokemon , over 130 new ones and old pokemon evos!Hope these are true
Which side will we take?It sounds like the whole Ruby/Saphire-land or sea.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!

Last edited by JayTheKing; July 26th, 2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old July 26th, 2013, 11:10 AM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Okay that is a "believable" leak.

Their is some context as to how the information was given to him, also, it isn't overly detailed or contain a multitude of information that only a handful of people possess (and can only make money if it's kept that way.) Though, there is no proof.

Let's just pretend it's real:

Hmm, this could mean several things by "which path will you take?"

1) Maybe you choose to be good, evil, or other.
2) Lumiose is the central hub of the region. Which supports different variations of the game. If so, the gym leader difficulty and order would be changed.
3) There are three different pokedexes. Perhaps you may choose the order to do the mountain, coastal, and central sub-regions. This goes along with the previous speculation.

Also, I hope 130+ is the number. It's not too small or big.

Retrodex Sprites
Old July 26th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I actually believe this one. It sounds pretty accurate and looks like it is a mirror of Hoenn. However we still cannot yet prove it. I guess it be about 135 pokemon. Don't think it would be over 139 new ones though.
Old July 26th, 2013, 11:21 AM
JP
wut?
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Perhaps there are more than one way to go when collecting your badges? All previous games had pretty much only one path you could pick in which you could get your badges, maybe this time around we get different variations? I don't know, that's just kinda what popped into my head when I read "which path will you take?"

As for the dex number, I'd be totally okay with 130-ish. It's more or less the number I was speculating at.
Old July 26th, 2013, 11:26 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

There might be more than 8 badges and we get to pick which ones we will obtain.
I dont think that going evil will be an option in a Pokemon game.Maybe it has something to do with a Legendary.
Nobody says anything about the talk to Pokemon?

Old July 26th, 2013, 01:02 PM
G_Sylar

Do we know anything about TMs and if they are unlimited again?

X Shinies
Old July 26th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Khrysta

Sorry guys but there are 2 glaring errors on this "leak". You can still believe it if you want to but:

TPC Logo used for an unofficial source leak. No employee in their right mind would EVER use their companies logo. Why? Because it calls for immediate termination as well as up to 10 years in jail. When you use the logo you are saying this is official representation of the company making an official statement. The companies DO look for these things and do IP trace people when they use them. Nintendo has thousands of lawsuits out because of mis-use of their product logo.

I can speak of this from experience. I work for a multi-national store that has a well known logo. I HAVE fired people for using our logo outside of intended use most on the same level as this leak here. Major corporations have their own legal teams that they can use to track down people that use these and IF they are employeed within the company, they won't be for long no matter how low on the ladder they may be. Its a mandatory explanation and part of the contract that everyone has to sign when hired when they represent a name brand as large as these companies are.

Reason two: The guy claims to be a proof reader for the translation team...Why the hell did he make a grammatical error?

"Wonder through flourishing cities"

"Wonder through"

"Wonder"

WANDER. "To travel through" not "to think about". If he is a proof reader he would have caught that as they proof read everything including their own writings. If they did not they would not be proof readers.

Guy at the end needing to confirm it? I'm sorry that's either some random troll on what ever site this is from or the same poster making a separate account and only helps to ruin the credibility.
Old July 26th, 2013, 01:26 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Good points Xander. The use of logo sent out red flags for me as no source, not even the more accurate/real ones use it. Also the affirmation as you said sounded suspicious as if he made another account or had a friend post that...
Old July 26th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Ic3Kreemz

IAMTHELEAKER admits that what he said was fake!!
Quoting what he said: "If anyone is questioning why I decided to come clean I simply wanted this to end on my own term rather than when Orot's English name gets revealed or when the next issue of Coro Coro leaks just disappear without really being able to explain myself."

Also: "I felt pretty terrible when I saw people getting upset that they'd had the Champion spoiled for them but then I remembered that they'd all be happy again once they found out it was fake!"

So yeah this rumour turned out to be fake.

Source: Its on pokejungle but since I just joined I cant post links :/

http ://iamtheleaker.wordpress .com/2013/07/26/iwastheleaker/

Here is the website (without the spaces)

Last edited by Ic3Kreemz; July 26th, 2013 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 26th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Sylar View Post
Do we know anything about TMs and if they are unlimited again?
I am hoping they are unlimited use again, it was what I loved about 5th Gen. It does seem likely given the massive improvements we're seeing so far.

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old July 26th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Wobbu
La Balena Galleggiante

Nature: Relaxed
I'd imagine that most of the new mechanics from Gen. 5 will carry over to X & Y.
About those new rumors, if JohnGamefreak confirmed them, then they must be true. One major thing wrong about that post was that there was no é in Pokémon. Considering that it was from the official blurb, that's a big deal. Also, XanderO's points have shot down any chance of this being true.
Old July 27th, 2013, 01:01 AM
Salt-the-Sloth

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Sorry guys but there are 2 glaring errors on this "leak". You can still believe it if you want to but:

TPC Logo used for an unofficial source leak. No employee in their right mind would EVER use their companies logo. Why? Because it calls for immediate termination as well as up to 10 years in jail. When you use the logo you are saying this is official representation of the company making an official statement. The companies DO look for these things and do IP trace people when they use them. Nintendo has thousands of lawsuits out because of mis-use of their product logo.

I can speak of this from experience. I work for a multi-national store that has a well known logo. I HAVE fired people for using our logo outside of intended use most on the same level as this leak here. Major corporations have their own legal teams that they can use to track down people that use these and IF they are employeed within the company, they won't be for long no matter how low on the ladder they may be. Its a mandatory explanation and part of the contract that everyone has to sign when hired when they represent a name brand as large as these companies are.

Reason two: The guy claims to be a proof reader for the translation team...Why the hell did he make a grammatical error?

"Wonder through flourishing cities"

"Wonder through"

"Wonder"

WANDER. "To travel through" not "to think about". If he is a proof reader he would have caught that as they proof read everything including their own writings. If they did not they would not be proof readers.

Guy at the end needing to confirm it? I'm sorry that's either some random troll on what ever site this is from or the same poster making a separate account and only helps to ruin the credibility.
Haha wow if I hadn't read this I wouldn't totally bought all of that in.
Old July 27th, 2013, 02:41 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

So now there is one more leaker left which i am about 100% sure he is fake.

Alright well, I'm a bottom level NoA employee. I usually help with web design and updating the X and Y site. Its been really hectic translating X and Y in time for the 12th so security is almost non existent. I know close to nothing about the new games but here is what I've managed to learn.

Flabebe has an ability to pick up a new flower when you run through a garden or flower patcher.
The new way to evolve Inkay is called "Gyro-evolution".
Another Pokemon evolves through gyro-evolution by shaking the 3DS when it levels up past 36 (it goes from a staight line looking thing to a hectic wire looking thing).
Gyro-evolution and a new game mechanic called Super Training will be revealed next week along with Litleo's final evolution and a second evolution to Flabebe.
There will be another Eeveelution name Drakeon. It's Dragon-type and it evolves through a new item called the Scale Fragment. You can find these in cave and a man in a small area called Florian Town give you one.
Some items now use a process called Infusion. The Scale Fragment and the Fairy Wing both use this method into Sylveon and Drakeon. Infusion acts just like using an item on a Pokemon but I guess there's a fancy animation where the item breaks down into little glowing orbs and they go into the Pokemon.
Super Training is a method of training that you do in an area like Safari Zone. Each pokemon in there has double their normal EV yield.
Also, some retconned Fairy types are Mawile, Milotic, Chansey's whole line, and all of Clefairy's evlution line.

That's all the information I have for right now. I'll see if I can get some more out of him later. Also Flabebe's ability and Litleo's evolution is what's going to be shown on Pokemon Smash next week on the 27th. The site is scheduled to update on the 28th.

Old July 27th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Ooh, I hope there are unlimited TMS because although the price is a little steeper it is so worth it.

Old July 27th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post

Alright well, I'm a bottom level NoA employee. I usually help with web design and updating the X and Y site. Its been really hectic translating X and Y in time for the 12th so security is almost non existent. I know close to nothing about the new games but here is what I've managed to learn.

Flabebe has an ability to pick up a new flower when you run through a garden or flower patcher.
The new way to evolve Inkay is called "Gyro-evolution".
Another Pokemon evolves through gyro-evolution by shaking the 3DS when it levels up past 36 (it goes from a staight line looking thing to a hectic wire looking thing).
Gyro-evolution and a new game mechanic called Super Training will be revealed next week along with Litleo's final evolution and a second evolution to Flabebe.
There will be another Eeveelution name Drakeon. It's Dragon-type and it evolves through a new item called the Scale Fragment. You can find these in cave and a man in a small area called Florian Town give you one.
Some items now use a process called Infusion. The Scale Fragment and the Fairy Wing both use this method into Sylveon and Drakeon. Infusion acts just like using an item on a Pokemon but I guess there's a fancy animation where the item breaks down into little glowing orbs and they go into the Pokemon.
Super Training is a method of training that you do in an area like Safari Zone. Each pokemon in there has double their normal EV yield.
Also, some retconned Fairy types are Mawile, Milotic, Chansey's whole line, and all of Clefairy's evlution line.

That's all the information I have for right now. I'll see if I can get some more out of him later. Also Flabebe's ability and Litleo's evolution is what's going to be shown on Pokemon Smash next week on the 27th. The site is scheduled to update on the 28th.
Wasn't it already confirmed from another reliable rumor that Sylveon will be the only new Eeveelution for this game? Also, Gyro-Evolution may be true because of the Inkay line from the Pokebeach rumor.
Old July 27th, 2013, 08:19 AM
pedrito3_poke
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post

[...]
Well, the good thing about these leaks is that we'll be able to confirm whether they are true or false in just a matter of hours. So let's just wait.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links