The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 27th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Cat

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
Good point, Smash will be airing soon which will confirm whether those rumors are true or false.

Old July 27th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
Wait will smash even have any new news this week?

The use of the word "guess" when he's talking about the evolution method for the eeveelutions makes it sound fake as he should know. Either that or the guy is unsure of the information he should be receiving...which is fishy...
Old July 27th, 2013, 09:41 AM
RandomDSdevel

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiff8 View Post
A lead game designer really liked Missingno, and still has him on his copy of the older games. He really wanted him to be in the new game and is intoducing him as a new pokemon as a sort of cameo appearance for him called "Miseingsnow". It's an ice type that looks like a pile of snow that turns into condensation and then to a cloud and then snows downward in its animation, while it's snowing down it has a strong resemblance to the original missingno sprite. when questioned about it he said "Now why would I go through all that trouble just to mess with an audience that is so incredibly fun to mess with " (in Japanese of course)
I don't know…that sounds a lot like what would happen to Cryogonal if it got a glitchy form change from its crystalline form to some sort of vaporous and/or liquid form to me. Besides, all you might have to do to get Missingno. is confuse a Ditto or a Zorua…right?

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Old July 27th, 2013, 09:42 AM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Wasn't it already confirmed from another reliable rumor that Sylveon will be the only new Eeveelution for this game? Also, Gyro-Evolution may be true because of the Inkay line from the Pokebeach rumor.
I think the flying-solo reference to Slyveon was from 4chan. Additionally, that leak said that some of the rumors were intentionally false while some were true. Let's see how things shape up on Smash in about 5 hours.

I am hoping Smash reveals Swirlix and Spritzee evolutions! We'll probably get a lame anime preview and another gameplay video with no new release

Retrodex Sprites
|D&D Forum|??? (coming soon)
Old July 27th, 2013, 10:02 AM
zoroarkrules25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
I don't know…that sounds a lot like what would happen to Cryogonal if it got a glitchy form change from its crystalline form to some sort of vaporous and/or liquid form to me. Besides, all you might have to do to get Missingno. is confuse a Ditto or a Zorua…right?

Where did you get this from, it sounds interesting.
Old July 27th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenneking View Post
I think the flying-solo reference to Slyveon was from 4chan. Additionally, that leak said that some of the rumors were intentionally false while some were true. Let's see how things shape up on Smash in about 5 hours.

I am hoping Smash reveals Swirlix and Spritzee evolutions! We'll probably get a lame anime preview and another gameplay video with no new release :(
More than likely =P It feels like after we get a big release from one episode, the next one is just disappointing (Like the fun one where it was all about the new movie, and the only tidbit of information we got for X/Y was that maybe Corphish would be in the regional Pokédex).

Maybe it's just me, but the Drakeon rumor just sounds lame. Then again, that might just be the name for me, but still, it sounds boring. I feel like we've been given more unique evolutions methods for Eevee as time has gone on, so why suddenly switch back to just using an item to evolve it? I mean, it's totally fair game, but it just feels like a step backwards in my opinion.

Old July 27th, 2013, 11:28 AM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
More than likely =P It feels like after we get a big release from one episode, the next one is just disappointing (Like the fun one where it was all about the new movie, and the only tidbit of information we got for X/Y was that maybe Corphish would be in the regional Pokédex).

Maybe it's just me, but the Drakeon rumor just sounds lame. Then again, that might just be the name for me, but still, it sounds boring. I feel like we've been given more unique evolutions methods for Eevee as time has gone on, so why suddenly switch back to just using an item to evolve it? I mean, it's totally fair game, but it just feels like a step backwards in my opinion.
Yuck, I don't like Drakeon either. Though, Talonflame is not much better!
(If I had a dollar every time a leaker used this a defense for their crappy imaginations.)

I would prefer Scaleon (Scale), Chimereon (Chimera), Baskleon (Basilisk), Pytheon (Python, Greek mythology).

Retrodex Sprites
Old July 27th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Here's a new rumor! Maybe one of the cities in the Kalos region will have a bank, so that you can safely keep a certain amount of money in one of them just like you would with Pokemon at the Day Care. Once the money is deposited you can have it back whenever you like, although it might come without an interest rate.

This idea might be abused however, for example if you deposit all your money and then lose a Pokemon battle then you will lose 0, which means that you don't actually lose any money at all, because it's all in the bank.
Old July 27th, 2013, 02:29 PM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

SMASH commences in one minute!

Retrodex Sprites

Last edited by The Dark Avenger; July 27th, 2013 at 03:49 PM. Reason: DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB
Old July 27th, 2013, 03:04 PM
JP
wut?

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenneking View Post
CoroCoro commences in one minute!
I think you mean Smash =P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilurn View Post
Here's a new rumor! Maybe one of the cities in the Kalos region will have a bank, so that you can safely keep a certain amount of money in one of them just like you would with Pokemon at the Day Care. Once the money is deposited you can have it back whenever you like, although it might come without an interest rate.

This idea might be abused however, for example if you deposit all your money and then lose a Pokemon battle then you will lose 0, which means that you don't actually lose any money at all, because it's all in the bank.
Would seem like such a useless thing though... I mean, I don't know about other people, but money in Pokemon is rarely ever a problem. And by rarely, I mean, once in a blue moon. I would hope there'd be more rewards than just getting your money back.
Old July 27th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Hikamaru
impossible don't exist

I'm hoping the latest rumors are confirmed and/or debunked when the next Pokemon Smash show airs.

But still, hoping for not only X/Y game news, but maybe the anime as well.

paired with kouzan and heartouch
pc battle server | tumblr | send me a vm

Old July 27th, 2013, 03:48 PM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I think you mean Smash =P

Would seem like such a useless thing though... I mean, I don't know about other people, but money in Pokemon is rarely ever a problem. And by rarely, I mean, once in a blue moon. I would hope there'd be more rewards than just getting your money back.
Haha, wow, I feel dumb :p

The rumors have been debunked! Nothing new except a little snippet of Team Flare.

Serebii has posted screenshots from the Japanese site, and that's about it for now :/

Retrodex Sprites
Old July 28th, 2013, 08:51 AM
RandomDSdevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoKadame View Post
It would be great like I said a lot of time to have 151 new pokemons this generation to have a total of 800.
I don't know; I think that I might have read somewhere that the new total might end up at 781 Pokémon, but that could have just been a rumor. Regardless, however, of whether or not this will come to pass, I think that 131 new monsters is a pretty good number; after all, it's pretty close to Hoenn's 135 additions, isn't it?

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Old July 28th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

I am also thinking somewhere in the 130s is a good number. My original guess was about 141 to 144.

I also hope there is some news on who Ash is traveling with in Kalos. I figured Pokemon Smash would have at least said something about Oorotto by now, but we still haven't heard anything about it since the movie came out. I am starting to wonder if it is even real (I know it was suppose to be a trusted source), or if it was the wrong trailer and it was never suppose to be revealed. We should be getting news from Corocoro in about 2 or 3 weeks or so. So maybe we will get another good chunk.

Last edited by Iceman3317; July 28th, 2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old July 28th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

130+ is too many new Pokemon for an even-numbered gen, because that's only for odd-numbered gens. I'm still expecting 100+ Kalos Pokemon.

Credit goes to anon from JoyReactor.com for the sig he posted
Old July 28th, 2013, 01:09 PM
RandomDSdevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrEggnog View Post
Concerning how there is more to fairies than Tinkerbell or other pink cutesy creatures- do people aged six to twelve know that? That's around where GameFreak's target audience is. They don't necessarily make these games for those who have been around since Gen I. If they called the new alleged new type Fairy then that would make those people think of Tink or cutesy things, so Mystic would probably suit the type more.
Well, my little sister would probably remind me that even Tinkerbell has met some bad fairies

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
At this point, it cannot be confirmed nor denied, but I seriously doubt that will happen. Having three types will make battle much more complicated, perhaps even too complicated. I dunno though, I'm not really a battler.
Triple-type Pokémon would shake up GameFreak's meta-game somewhat, to tell you the truth, but I also think that it would bring dual-type moves along with it. Then again, I don't expect these mechanics to be introduced into the Pokémon franchise this generation.

Last edited by RandomDSdevel; July 28th, 2013 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 28th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Yamiidenryuu

Regarding the 130+ Nintendo technology blurb thing, that one's been around for a while. I wouldn't take the typo as completely discounting it- It's possible he typed this up by hand rather than copy-pasting the proofread version, and didn't bother checking it because it's an internet leak, not an official product.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old July 28th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
130+ is too many new Pokemon for an even-numbered gen, because that's only for odd-numbered gens. I'm still expecting 100+ Kalos Pokemon.
...How would it matter if the generation number is even or odd? There might be a trend I suppose, but if anything that'd more than likely just be a large coincidence. I severely doubt that their thinking is "Hey guys, even number generation! Less Pokémon to make, so work too hard!" That'd just be silly. Now if there was an actual reason that they were doing this that'd be one thing, but just because that's coincidentally happened in the past doesn't make it a rule or anything. Hell, it could easily happen again, but I doubt that it's any sort of set pattern.

Old July 28th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Starlight Sprite
Resident Moon Fairy

Send a message via Skype™ to Starlight Sprite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilurn View Post

This idea might be abused however, for example if you deposit all your money and then lose a Pokemon battle then you will lose "0, which means that you don't actually lose any money at all, because it's all in the bank.
This feature was in the Generation 2 games (and their remakes) with the player's mother, but I don't think it's been in any other game since. It was also in the Mystery Dungeon games, and is a common feature in RPGs where being defeated causes you to lost some (or all) of your money. In any regard, I'd love to see it return. It's not something to easily abused beacuse the point of it is to "protect" your money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman3317 View Post
I am also thinking somewhere in the 130s is a good number. My original guess was about 141 to 144.

I also hope there is some news on who Ash is traveling with in Kalos. I figured Pokemon Smash would have at least said something about Oorotto by now, but we still haven't heard anything about it since the movie came out. I am starting to wonder if it is even real (I know it was suppose to be a trusted source), or if it was the wrong trailer and it was never suppose to be revealed. We should be getting news from Corocoro in about 2 or 3 weeks or so. So maybe we will get another good chunk.
I've been wondering this as well. They've been very hush-hush about it, so I'd say to prepare for something exciting and major. I'm not expecting Brock or Misty to return (as amazing as that would be; I'm grounding myself in reality), but I do think there's going to be someone we weren't thinking of, perhaps a major NPC from X/Y who hasn't been revealed yet. I have a feeling that neither Iris nor Cilan will be sticking around, but that's just me.
Old July 28th, 2013, 06:51 PM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Just a reminder to everyone:
The next CoroCoro is set for the August 12th.
Exactly two more week!

Though, especially given the time difference, we could most likely expect the leaks on the 11th, maybe even the 10th. Though, no later than the 12th! That means we have 12-14 days left! And, if you haven't heard, this issue will contain "the biggest scoop of the century!" No, no. I don't think they are talking about a Vanilluxe evolution either. The thing that is surprising is the "century." How is this reveal any more surprising than the BW, DP, or RSE reveals. For that reason, I think we are in for more than great X and Y info. Maybe an announcement for a Wii version, or a Hoenn Wii Remake. Something that is completely beyond the expectations of the fan-base. Then again, maybe they are just exaggerating, and we will get mostly a ton of X and Y info. Either way, get you calenders marked.

For this reason, and the fact that about a month ago we received info Galore with E3 and the latest CoroCoro reveal. I think from now until the CoroCoro will remain fairly quiet as far as information, but we have already waited over two weeks already. Only about two left.

Let me ask you guys,
What do you think the "biggest scoop of the century is referring to?"

Retrodex Sprites
Old July 28th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Starlight Sprite
Resident Moon Fairy

Send a message via Skype™ to Starlight Sprite
I'm going to guess they'll be revealing some new evolutions and baby forms of previous generation Pokemon, especially those that have been left out of the spotlight for a while, like Pinsir and Jynx. Evolved forms for either of those would be interesting for sure, and Rapidash is practically begging to evolve into a Fire/Flying type. We might see another Eeveelution too (Ground type maybe?), as they've come in pairs excepting the first generation.

Alternatively, this could be the announcement of something that fans could have been wanting for a long time. Something like a Pokemon MMORPG for Wii U, or perhaps a sports game? If it is a game announcement, it's going to be something that they haven't done before.

Gym Leader Korrina
Old July 29th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Nature: Gentle
I honestly think it could be some huge exaggeration just to get our hopes up, and then revealing a feature that's probably not up to most people's expectations. I mean, forgive me for the pessimistic attitude towards this, but it really does leaves me wondering the same question: what could it be that GF is planning that's bigger than anything that they've ever done in previous series? Maybe this could be some massive new feature that appeals to the masses, hopefully? That's what it seems like it to me.

What crossed my mind was hoping that the starter's types would be revealed, but that doesn't seem like the "biggest revelation of the century" kind of thing.
Old July 29th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

What do you think the "biggest scoop of the century is referring to?"

Mewtwo's other new forme, just to prove the Pokebeach rumor's legitimacy. When you think about it, giving Mewtwo two new formes really just sound like a big scoop, for it has the same reactional impact as Gen V getting sequels rather than typical third versions.

Credit goes to anon from JoyReactor.com for the sig he posted
Old July 29th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Yamiidenryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight Sprite View Post
and Rapidash is practically begging to evolve into a Fire/Flying type
Wait wait wait, better idea- have Rapidash evolve into a pegasus (or alicorn actually I guess), but make it fire/fairy type.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old July 29th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

I don't think the "biggest scope of the century" has anything to do with pokemon. It is probably about that collaboration that the silhouette was talking about, about a week or two ago.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links