Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old August 9th, 2013 (11:32 AM).

Nature: Careful
Here my opinion

That screen shot show that we can see stats like back when Pokemon contest. So pokemon contest could be back

I don't think Xerneas and Yvetal are based on norse mytholgy anymore. With this much Mega AND OTHER STUFFS, i think pokemon xy is around DNA

ON POKEMON XY WEBSITE, it says that Mega Pokemon will be ONLY in Kalos. I think that the Mega thing is just like a temporary. If most fan DISLIKE it, Mega Pokemon WON'T appear again, they are IN KALOS ONLY. But if most fan like it, they could make MEGA POKEMON come back later.....

I WANT TO ASK YOU : did corocoro release any legendary pokemon BEFORE??????
Please answer me!!!!
Old August 9th, 2013 (11:43 AM).

Quote originally posted by lqkbook239:
Here my opinion

That screen shot show that we can see stats like back when Pokemon contest. So pokemon contest could be back

I don't think Xerneas and Yvetal are based on norse mytholgy anymore. With this much Mega AND OTHER STUFFS, i think pokemon xy is around DNA

ON POKEMON XY WEBSITE, it says that Mega Pokemon will be ONLY in Kalos. I think that the Mega thing is just like a temporary. If most fan DISLIKE it, Mega Pokemon WON'T appear again, they are IN KALOS ONLY. But if most fan like it, they could make MEGA POKEMON come back later.....

I WANT TO ASK YOU : did corocoro release any legendary pokemon BEFORE??????
Please answer me!!!!
I son't know if corocoro has released legendaries before. Sorry, but i can't help you there.
Old August 9th, 2013 (12:06 PM). Edited August 9th, 2013 by Heric Winter.

OMG !!! It's just..... Just...... FLAWLESS !!!!!! I'm use it as my avatar now

LOOK, MEGA BLAZIKEN IS MORE LIKE A BIRD/CHICKEN NOW (sharper beak) THAN NORMAL BLAZIKEN
AND THERE IS MORE! MEGA BLAZIKEN IS MORE RED And IT'S HEAD LIKE LETTER X AN
MEGA LUCARIO IS MORE BLUE and ITS BODY/FUR LIKE LETTER Y

Oh thank god ARCEUS for making all of this!!!
PLEASE, Dialga, PLEASE MAKE TIME FLOW FAST TILL OCTOCBER!!!!!!
Old August 9th, 2013 (12:18 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

OMG !!! It's just..... Just...... FLAWLESS !!!!!! I'm use it as my avatar now

LOOK, MEGA BLAZIKEN IS MORE LIKE A BIRD/CHICKEN NOW (sharper beak) THAN NORMAL BLAZIKEN
AND THERE IS MORE! MEGA BLAZIKEN IS MORE RED And IT'S HEAD LIKE LETTER X AN
MEGA LUCARIO IS MORE BLUE and ITS BODY/FUR LIKE LETTER Y

Oh thank god ARCEUS for making all of this!!!
PLEASE, Dialga, PLEASE MAKE TIME FLOW FAST TILL OCTOCBER!!!!!!
Wow that's a very cool piece of art .

Your post made me think of something. What if some Megastones are exclusive to certain versions? A few are found in X and a few in Y, sort of like a Mega evolution take on exclusive Pokémon.
Old August 9th, 2013 (12:25 PM).

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
Wow that's a very cool piece of art .

Your post made me think of something. What if some Megastones are exclusive to certain versions? A few are found in X and a few in Y, sort of like a Mega evolution take on exclusive Pokémon.
Or maybe, only certain pokemon have mega forms, but the mega forms are different for each game. That would be cool. Make it even harder to get all of them.
Old August 9th, 2013 (12:28 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by PokeMasterSinarian:
Or maybe, only certain pokemon have mega forms, but the mega forms are different for each game. That would be cool. Make it even harder to get all of them.
That could tie back to the rumor of the different Mewtwo Mega stages one being X Mewtwo and one being Y Mewtwo.
Old August 9th, 2013 (12:34 PM).
ARCHER
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
That could tie back to the rumor of the different Mewtwo Mega stages one being X Mewtwo and one being Y Mewtwo.
However, this wouldn't work.

We know each pokemon needs a specific items, which means it would be different to exclusive pokemon.

Exclusive pokemon: catch loads and trade them with your friends.

Exclusive, one off, mega stone: only way to trade it is to lose your own - unlikely to happen in my mind.
Old August 9th, 2013 (12:35 PM).

MEGA AMPHAROS !!! YOU ARE THE WINNER OF POKEMON'S NEXT TOP MODEL!!!

Mega Ampharos is part of Dragon, because in Asia, there are a different dragon
Western Dragon is like Charizard, Dragonite, .... that can fly
But Eastern Dragon, some fly, but there are some like riding clouds, or even holding orb/sphere.....

Look at Mega Ampharos, its SMOOTHY HAIR and tail are like clouds, and there are orb/sphere/gem on it
So basiclly, he is a EASTERN DRAGON
AND THE NAME, its japanese name is DenRYU. RYU is DRAGON

I THINK JUST ONLY BLAZIKEN GET MEGA FORM, not all starter

If they are making gen 3 remakes, what will it be:
Here my thought: Land Ruby, Sea Sapphire, Sky Emerald
Sadly, if mega pokemon are only in Kalos, they couldnot be in those game
Old August 9th, 2013 (12:48 PM).

Quote originally posted by SwiftSign:
However, this wouldn't work.

We know each pokemon needs a specific items, which means it would be different to exclusive pokemon.

Exclusive pokemon: catch loads and trade them with your friends.

Exclusive, one off, mega stone: only way to trade it is to lose your own - unlikely to happen in my mind.
I get that all pokemon need specific items to their species to become Mega pokemon, but what if for each game that same item in both X and Y changes them into a different mega form. Now that would take a dedicated gamer to collect them all. Lol
Old August 9th, 2013 (01:23 PM).

Here is my thought
Mega Blaziken is BEYOND AMAZING. But they should think about it when it was in gen 3

MEGA LUCARIO is great. But why don't MAKE it as an EVOLUTION OF LUCARIO

Mega Absol and MEGA MAWLIE is great too. Just wish it were an ACTUAL EVOLUTION

MEGA MEWTWO. Breath-taking!!!!

Mega Ampharos is just.... Just..... HIT ME BABY ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!!!!
I'm calling it "Mr. ROSSY FABIO"
Old August 9th, 2013 (01:54 PM). Edited August 9th, 2013 by RandomDSdevel.
The EXP-Grinding Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Firstly, gen 5 has a sequel, so gamefreak WON'T repeat that. They will make the third gen, or at least a third game like a sequel
Secondly, every gen has 3 games. Gen 1 don't count cause it don't have legendary mascot. Gen 2, lugia and ho-oh is a duo, but they have to put suicune to mascot. Gen 3, gen 4 have 3 games. Gen 5 has two sequel, but basiclly it ACTUALLY ONE GAME, cause Kyurem has 2 forms so IT IS JUST LIKE A THIRD GAME (sequel is about Zekrom, Reshiram from Black, White, not about Kyurem, so it BASCILLY A THIRD GAME). So gen 6 will have a third game
Thirdly, MORE GAME MEAN MORE MONEY, gamefreak have to make more to earn money.
First of all, we don't know whether GameFreak will revert to making a third game as a director's cut of the first two games in a generation or it will continue to make sequels (Generation V, after all, was a reset of the entire Pokémon franchise.) Second, the number of games that GameFreak releases in each generation actually varies quite a lot more than you would think; here, let me show you what I mean with an impromptu chart:

Generation I (4 games:)
Pokémon Red Version (There were two versions of this games: the first was released only in Japan, while the second one was a version that GameFreak made for the USA release of the Pokémon franchise and which also included the improvements from Pokémon Blue Version)
Pokémon Green Version (Japan only)
Pokémon Red Version (USA edition, merged Japanese version with improvements from Japanese Pokémon Blue Version)
Pokémon Blue Version (Japanese director's cut and third version/USA counterpart to Pokémon Green Version
Pokémon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition

Generation II (direct sequel to Generation I, 3 games:)
Pokémon Gold Version
Pokémon Silver Version
Pokémon Crystal Version (director's cut and third version)

Generation III (first series reset, 5 games:)
Pokémon Ruby Version
Pokémon Sapphire Version
Pokémon FireRed Version (remake of Pokémon Red Version with improvements from Pokémon Blue Version added in like in the original USA release)
Pokémon LeafGreen Version (remake of Pokémon Green Version with improvements from Pokémon Blue Version added in)
Pokémon Emerald Version (main-series games' director's cut and third version)

Generation IV (5 games:)
Pokémon Diamond Version
Pokémon Pearl Version
Pokémon Platinum Version (director's cut and third version)
Pokémon HeartGold Version (remake of Pokémon Gold Version with improvements added in from Pokémon Crystal Version)
Pokémon SoulSilver Version (remake of Pokémon Silver Version with improvements added in from Pokémon Crystal Version)

Generation V (second series reset, 4 games:)
Pokémon Black Version
Pokémon White Version
Pokémon Black Version 2 (half of first paired sequel to be released within the same generation as its prequel counterpart)
Pokémon Black Version 2 (half of first paired sequel to be released within the same generation as its prequel counterpart)

So, as you can see, the number of games has varied between 3 and 5 across the generations; in fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see another generation have 6 games (2 original main-series games, 2 main-series sequels, and 2 remakes) some day. Finally, I can prove the following statement that I made in response to your ignorance about the first two trio leaders not only with the links to Bulbapedia that I included in that post, which I have quoted below, …:

Quote originally posted by RandomDSdevel:
Actually,Generation II was a little bit different…: Ho-oh rules over the legendary beasts Raikou, Entei, and Suicune as that legendary trio's master, and Lugia similarly leads the trio of legendary birds (Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres) introduced in Generation I.
…but also with an attached picture from that same source. Think about that, would you?

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Old August 9th, 2013 (02:24 PM). Edited August 9th, 2013 by RandomDSdevel.
The EXP-Grinding Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Recently, I don't think pokemon Xy are based on Norse Mythology anymore. Maybe gamefreak just use it for the designs. Maybe the XY is about the DNA
- Yvetal contains all DNA of creature have wings, feather, fly (like bird, hawk, duck...)
- Xerneas contains all DNA of animal that live on land (like horse, cat, lion,...)
- MAYBE the Z contains all DNA of creature can swim (like fish, shark, dolphin...)
- but just three of them is just too simple, there are still reptile, bug......
From Mew's SoulSilver PokéDex entry, as copied from Bulbapedia:

Quote:
Its DNA is said to contain the genetic codes of all Pokémon, so it can use all kinds of techniques.
Quote originally posted by Iceman3317:
Isn't this suppose to be the rumor page? All I see now is stuff about Megalutions and arguments. There is hardly any rumors to talk about now, because it has been taken over by things we already know.
Time to merge this thread back into the X/Y General Chat and Speculation thread that got killed, I guess…?

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Old August 9th, 2013 (02:51 PM).

ALL I WANT FOR POKEMON XY
- a poison legendary, (PLEASE GOD ARCEUS, did you hate poison type that much???)
- a seasonal lengedary : like a group of fairy Pokemon, design similar like Meloetta with wings, or whatever)
Spring : grass/fairy
Summer: fire/fairy
Autumn: flying/fairy or water/fairy or ground/fairy
Winter: Ice/fairy
- like a timeline trio, which celebi be their master trio (this is from someone on pokebeach)
A Past Legendary : rock/psychic, ground/psychic, ....
A Present Legendary : normal/psychic, pure psychic,..
A Future Legendary : steel/psychic, .....
- HOPEFULLY THE THIRD LEGENDARY, trio with XERNEAS AND YVETAL
- MAYBE SOME POKEMON LIKE LEAGUE OF LEGENDS (i know this is weird)
Amumu : mummy pokemon or legendary
Nami : a siren/mermaid legenary water/fairy
.................DON'T JUDGE ME
Old August 9th, 2013 (03:11 PM).

I seriously am looking forward to seeing all of the new pokemon. But they better not have anymore super creepy pokemon. I mean Hypno steals children, Chandlure steals peoples souls, and there are many more besides. I just don't even want to know what disturbing pokemon made it into the game. SERIOUSLY!!!! Children play these games!!!
Old August 10th, 2013 (12:21 AM).

Quote originally posted by PokeMasterSinarian:
I seriously am looking forward to seeing all of the new pokemon. But they better not have anymore super creepy pokemon. I mean Hypno steals children, Chandlure steals peoples souls, and there are many more besides. I just don't even want to know what disturbing pokemon made it into the game. SERIOUSLY!!!! Children play these games!!!
Reading those pokemon's pokedex entry make me SHIVER!!
It's very CREEPY
SO THAT IS THE REASON I NEVER READ POKEDEX ENTRY AGAIN
Old August 10th, 2013 (01:10 AM).
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty
Was it really confirmed that Megas are exclusive to Kalos? Because that'd be really disappointing be stuck with plain ol' lil Mawile after having it be so epic in the next installments...

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old August 10th, 2013 (02:31 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Haza:
Was it really confirmed that Megas are exclusive to Kalos? Because that'd be really disappointing be stuck with plain ol' lil Mawile after having it be so epic in the next installments...
I think in future games that will be out of kalos we still have mega evos.
The mega stones will be given by people who traveled in kalos or scientist who did the same research.

Its just a very serious mechanic, I just find it hard to believe that in the moment we done with kalos they just stop with it.
Old August 10th, 2013 (02:43 AM).
coven
Platinum Tier

If there are Hoenn Remakes then I don't think Mega evolutions will be a part of any of the evolutionary lines, especially due to the fact that so far it seems to be applied to mainly Hoenn Pokémon including a starter. It wouldn't really fit into the storyline and for it to be a direct remake they would have to exclude this expansion from the storyline and the game altogether hence the whole Kalos exclusive statement.
Old August 10th, 2013 (03:51 AM).

It is confirmed THAT MEGA POKEMON ARE ONLY IN KALOS. Mega evolution is just like a temporary thing. Because it is new to people, if they don't like it, MEGA POKEMON WILL BE STOPPED. It will never appear again
Old August 10th, 2013 (04:33 AM).
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
It is confirmed THAT MEGA POKEMON ARE ONLY IN KALOS. Mega evolution is just like a temporary thing. Because it is new to people, if they don't like it, MEGA POKEMON WILL BE STOPPED. It will never appear again
Wrong.
This is what the official site says:
"Mega Evolution is described as an Evolution beyond all Evolution, a transformation found only in the Kalos region. It has also been called the greatest mystery of Pokémon."

This is where you really have to pay attention to the wording.
It says it's a transformation "Found" only in the Kalos region.
Aka, Mega Evolution has only been discovered in the Kalos region.
This however does not prevent Mega Pokémon from appearing in other games through trading or through characters or events.
So Mega Pokémon will carry over to other games and future gens, they just won't be "Found" in other regions, the Mega Stones will have to be traded over or received through NPCs or events.

And since it states it's the "Greatest Mystery of Pokémon" I highly doubt such a large discovery would be immediately tossed in future titles, it'd still be used and be studied by other NPCs.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old August 10th, 2013 (04:37 AM).
ARCHER
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by SolarAbusoru:
So Mega Pokémon will carry over to other games and future gens, they just won't be "Found" in other regions, the Mega Stones will have to be traded over or received through NPCs or events.
Or rather, the stones will be in the later games as well.

I'll undoubtedly be in future games. Of course you don't have to actually use the Megas, so I don't see what the problem is anyway.
Old August 10th, 2013 (06:38 AM).

I hope Mewtwo will have TWO Mega Form, one for X, one for Y and it is the ONLY LEGENDARY THAT HAVE MEGA FORM

PLUS: the leaker said that Mewtwo have 2 new form, one look like mewtwo, and one look like Mew.
But WHAT IF MEWTWO JUST HAVE ONE MEGA FORM AND MEW HAVE ONE MEGA FORM

HOPE IT'S NOT LIKE THESE

Old August 10th, 2013 (07:03 AM).
coven
Platinum Tier

I think each Pokémon that has a Mega Evolution will only be restricted to one, otherwise some Pokémon could end up with Five evolutions..
Old August 10th, 2013 (07:19 AM). Edited August 10th, 2013 by Heric Winter.

Here is 3 things:
1. Xerneas may be reference to the Celtic "Horned god", Cernunnos - god based on a deer (itself from the Latin 'cervus'). On Wikipedia it said: "Nothing is known about the god from literary sources, and details about his name, his cult or his significance in Celtic religion are unknown. Speculative interpretations identify him as a god of nature or fertility" (HELLO, LIFE POKEMON)
Yvetal = Y + Wyvern + Quetzal

2. Look at this (I KNOW IT'S JUST A FAN ART, BUT HOW AMAZING IS THIS!!!)

3. Here is the leak A LONG TIME AGO
Dianshii (ディアンシー) — Possibly a deer Pokémon. It’s name could come from deer + fancy + antsy.
Hariboogu (ハリボーグ) — Most likely the evolution of Chespin — Hari (ハリ) comes from pin/needle, boogu (ボーグ) or bogue, is the name of the shell of a chestnut is French. Thanks to belmad for this tip-off!
Gekogashira (ゲコガシラ) — Possibly from gecko + boss. Gashira means either head or boss. Possibly a Froakie evolution.
Borukenion (ボルケニオン) — Probably Volcanyon — likely boruke (ボルケ) from volcano and nion (ニオン) from canyon.
Dedenne (デデンネ) (CONFIRMED REAL)
Horubii (ホルビー) — Likely comes from horu (ホル) to dig + bee. (CONFIRMED REAL)
Nyaonikusu (ニャオニクス) — Probably Meowstick, as mentioned in a previous leak
Burigaron (ブリガロン) — Maybe a blizzard wolf: buri (ブリ) from blizzard (burizaado) + garo (ガロ / 牙狼) meaning fanged wolf. It could also come from garou (餓狼) meaning starving wolf.
Jigarude (ジガルデ) — Is possibly from Jiga (ジガ / 自我), which means ego.
Mafokushii (マフォクシー) — Is possibly an evolution of Fennekin: Mafoxy
Fuupa (フーパ) — fuu (フー) is most likely wind, pa (パ) could be many things.
Gekkouga (ゲッコウガ) — Gekkou (ゲッコウ) means moonlight + ga (ガ) is moth. Literally moonlight moth.
Torimian (トリミアン)
Teerunaa (テールナー) — Possibly related to Gekkouga. Teeru (テール) means tail and runaa (ルナー) means lunar.

WTF??? Mega !!! UNLEASH THE BABY

The Worlds 2013 opening ceremony has revealed Mega Kangaskhan. In its mega form, Kangaskhan has a new ability called Parental Bond that allows both it and its child to attack. This allows Kangaskhan to use the same attack twice in one turn! Thanks goes to our good friend JWittz for the photo!
It was also announced that the Pokemon X and Y soundtrack will eventually be available on iTunes for download. It will be comprised of 220 tracks.
Old August 10th, 2013 (12:59 PM).
Silver Tier

I wonder if the rest of those on the list are real, if they'll release them next issue or we'll have to discover them ourselves...seems like a lot so they proably won't be shown in Corocoro, and if they are it'll proably be during the October issue after the games are already out.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)