The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 19th, 2013, 11:34 AM
causality

Nature: Docile

Advertise here
Personally, I'm inclined to believe that these rumors are likely true. To make the argument that some of these rumors "break tradition" or are just too outlandish is wrong imo. When it comes to new games there is no reason at all to believe that just because it was done a certain way before that it will be done the exact same way this time.

Before we knew of riding pokemon how many people would have believed that would have been possible. If I heard a rumor like that I'd be skeptical, but now we can see that that is another different addition to Pokemon.

I think it is highly likely that the Fairy/Light type rumor is true at this point. Pokemon could use a fresh new innovation such as this one. I found it fun to learn type match ups and strategies to get good at the game. Would be nice to do it again.
Old May 19th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Ok a little bit slow but I've just caught up on the latest rumours.

Espurr sounds way too similar to Espeon and I can't see them doing that although I like the idea, receiving the Kanto starters from another Professor seems kinda likely, it happened in RSE so why not? Less HMS seems plausible with the introduction of riding Pokemon and possibly other similar transport features, the other rumours seems a little too far-fetched IMO but I always like reading them!

Old May 19th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by causality View Post
Before we knew of riding pokemon how many people would have believed that would have been possible. If I heard a rumor like that I'd be skeptical, but now we can see that that is another different addition to Pokemon.
And just to point out, the images and video we have all place it in the same city, with a concept art showing what appears to be a "bus stop" with a goat pictured on it. You hopefully see where I'm going here. This will be a taxi service within Lumiose City with THEIR Gogoats, not your own Pokémon.

Not sure if other cities have such a service, but hey, having Lapras or Drifloon transport people in other ways would be awesome as well.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 19th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
And just to point out, the images and video we have all place it in the same city, with a concept art showing what appears to be a "bus stop" with a goat pictured on it. You hopefully see where I'm going here. This will be a taxi service within Lumiose City with THEIR Gogoats, not your own Pokémon.

Not sure if other cities have such a service, but hey, having Lapras or Drifloon transport people in other ways would be awesome as well.

Cyclone
Yeah, I also noticed the Go-Goat looking bus stop which made me think whether these would be placed in more than one place which would allow you to ride Go-Goat in the places that there were located at.

Old May 19th, 2013, 02:24 PM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaSalamence View Post
Well, the whole generation is definitely genetics based.
The Professor's name is Patrice, which is another name for the Radix tree, an extension of binary search trees.
That's clever... Instead of a real tree they use a genetic tree... I should have thought of this myself xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenlucky View Post
My thoughts of the starters:
Chespin's evolutions are either grass/dark or grass/ground
Fennekin's evolutions are fire/psychic
Froakie's evolutions are water/sound

My thoughts of the legendaries:
Xerneas is light type
Yveltal is sound type

My thoughts of Sylveon:
Sylveon is going to be light type

My reason of thinking froakie's evolutions are going to be sound is because frogs usually make lots of croaks. My reason for thinking Sylveon is light is because pokémon is making the typing such a mystery. In french its name is nymphali, nymph means a maiden of light.
Starters are Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting

Fairy and Light are going to be the same, in that I mean, only one of those two will exist, but they will both be regarded as the other. If Sound is real, and Xerneas is Light/Ground or Grass and Yveltal is Sound/Flying or Fire... That would leave Z to be a ???/Water type... What would that type be?

Sylveon is Light because the typing we seen on it doesn't exist yet... On the trailer for the episode with Slyveon and the other Eeveelutions you see each with a background that applies to its type, with Sylveon's background being hearts... So its Heart/Light/Fairy type...

If Sound is a type, this family better be retyped... Which applies to the notation of retyping being a bad idea that someone said... Here's why that's BS...

If dual types are real, Bug Buzz would be Bug/Sound, Chatter would be Sound/Flying (Maybe just Sound), Metal Sound Steel/Sound... You get the idea...

Chatot would be Sound/Flying... Politoad would be Water/Sound... Meloetta would be Sound/Psychic-Fighting... Jigglypuff would be Sound as well, and not Fairy/Light/Heart type like people say...

Last edited by LycaNinja; May 19th, 2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old May 19th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Yeah, I also noticed the Go-Goat looking bus stop which made me think whether these would be placed in more than one place which would allow you to ride Go-Goat in the places that there were located at.
What would be interesting is if they also operate between two cities. You can ride one to the other city, avoiding having to walk through grass and such, direct transfer, for a fee. Beats buying a bunch of Repels.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 19th, 2013, 02:29 PM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Quote:
Ok a little bit slow but I've just caught up on the latest rumours.

Espurr sounds way too similar to Espeon and I can't see them doing that although I like the idea, receiving the Kanto starters from another Professor seems kinda likely, it happened in RSE so why not? Less HMS seems plausible with the introduction of riding Pokemon and possibly other similar transport features, the other rumours seems a little too far-fetched IMO but I always like reading them!
Espurr would be the Japanese name, right?... Espeon's Japanese name is Eifi... Not similar at all...

Old May 19th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
Espurr would be the Japanese name, right?... Espeon's Japanese name is Eifi... Not similar at all...
Well a Psychic Cat is pretty much what we already have with Espeon, I just think it would be too similar.

Old May 19th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Well a Psychic Cat is pretty much what we already have with Espeon, I just think it would be too similar.
And we don't have that with Pidgey/Spearow/Hoothoot/Taillow/Starly/Pidove already? Why not a second Psychic cat?

Cyclone

Old May 19th, 2013, 05:10 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
And we don't have that with Pidgey/Spearow/Hoothoot/Taillow/Starly/Pidove already? Why not a second Psychic cat?

Cyclone
Well the difference is that those are a given set of pokémon rather than new, spontaneous ideas, so that's different.

Old May 19th, 2013, 05:40 PM
MarquisPhantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
Well the difference is that those are a given set of pokémon rather than new, spontaneous ideas, so that's different.
Gamefreak doesn't have to give us flying types in the beginning of the game. They could decide to give us a Dragon/Steel type if they wanted to/felt it necessary.
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:48 PM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Speculation on chart if Sound (Yveltal) and Light (Xerneas) thing is true...

Spoiler:

Old May 19th, 2013, 05:58 PM
hiff8
Gotta Derp em all

A lead game designer really liked Missingno, and still has him on his copy of the older games. He really wanted him to be in the new game and is intoducing him as a new pokemon as a sort of cameo appearance for him called "Miseingsnow". It's an ice type that looks like a pile of snow that turns into condensation and then to a cloud and then snows downward in its animation, while it's snowing down it has a strong resemblance to the original missingno sprite. when questioned about it he said "Now why would I go through all that trouble just to mess with an audience that is so incredibly fun to mess with " (in Japanese of course)

And no new types!!!! Seriously I hate that idea (except if it does happen I'll probably end up liking it)

Last edited by hiff8; May 19th, 2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 19th, 2013, 06:05 PM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiff8 View Post
A lead game designer really liked Missingno, and still has him on his copy of the older games. He really wanted him to be in the new game and is intoducing him as a new pokemon as a sort of cameo appearance for him called "Miseingsnow". It's an ice type that looks like a pile of snow that turns into condensation and then to a cloud and then snows downward in its animation, while it's snowing down it has a strong resemblance to the original missingno sprite. when questioned about it he said "Now why would I go through all that trouble just to mess with an audience that is so incredibly fun to mess with " (in Japanese of course)

And no new types!!!! Seriously I hate that idea (except if it does happen I'll probably end up liking it)
Everyone is afraid of change... Until it happens... Then they pretend they wanted it all along...

Old May 20th, 2013, 01:52 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote:

Spoiler:
The last time i heard people speculationg about a sound type was like months ago...
Light i can see happening, sound on the other hand not really. Just seems too out there to me

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 20th, 2013, 02:00 AM
GreatTornado
other in a month When you,

Nature: Jolly
Quote:

Spoiler:
Errrr so Volbeat would get Light but Illumise doesn't?
Come on, Illumise has a bit of the word 'Illuminate' in it...

Challenges Completed:
The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13
Old May 20th, 2013, 02:12 AM
Kyrul
Long Live The Note
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
I have a feeling this new fairy type is just a conspiracy Nintendo came up with in an attempt to make American's find an interest in soccer. I wouldn't be surpised if grass types had no effect on the rumored fairy types and vice versa. Hehe, grass fairies.
Old May 20th, 2013, 02:24 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
The last time i heard people speculationg about a sound type was like months ago...
Light i can see happening, sound on the other hand not really. Just seems too out there to me
There was Sound speculation on smogon and on reddit like yesterday... Refer to the picture in the spoiler...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTornado View Post
Errrr so Volbeat would get Light but Illumise doesn't?
Come on, Illumise has a bit of the word 'Illuminate' in it...
I think he meant both, but didn't have the room for it... I didn't make the thing so I wouldn't know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrul View Post
I have a feeling this new fairy type is just a conspiracy Nintendo came up with in an attempt to make American's find an interest in soccer. I wouldn't be surpised if grass types had no effect on the rumored fairy types and vice versa. Hehe, grass fairies.
How high are you exactly? What are you trying to convey... I have no earthly idea... I'm not joking... Are/were you high?

Old May 20th, 2013, 02:41 AM
Kyrul
Long Live The Note
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Hell nah. I hate drugs. More like drunk. Only I wasn't drunk this time, nope. I just have a personal goal of saying one idiotic phrase a day (: Nah, in all reality. I'm just a goofy person that pretty much says the first thing that comes to mind. I heard of the new fairy type and the first thing that popped into my head was grass fairy.
Old May 20th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I've been gone all weekend so I'm late to the party on this one. However, now we're speculating a Sound type? Really? That's been around for so many generations, that I feel like we're just bringing it up again because people have the Fairy type to speculate. Plus, with that image above, as someone sad, forgetting Illumise? Yeah, if the new type DOES happen, that chart is definitely inaccurate.
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:02 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
I've been gone all weekend so I'm late to the party on this one. However, now we're speculating a Sound type? Really? That's been around for so many generations, that I feel like we're just bringing it up again because people have the Fairy type to speculate. Plus, with that image above, as someone sad, forgetting Illumise? Yeah, if the new type DOES happen, that chart is definitely inaccurate.
I made the type chart up with accuracy and balancing... It's not meant to be legit... Many of your points were already addressed... People have been speculating Sound and Light type for longer... Makes sense with their logic too... I mean... If I was a company like GameFreak, I'd give people what they wanted eventually... Helps us shut up about it and create other things to talk about.

Old May 20th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
I made the type chart up with accuracy and balancing... It's not meant to be legit... Many of your points were already addressed... People have been speculating Sound and Light type for longer... Makes sense with their logic too... I mean... If I was a company like GameFreak, I'd give people what they wanted eventually... Helps us shut up about it and create other things to talk about.
I've said this time and time again, but making something for the sake of fan service is so dumb that I can't even handle it. Just because people are demanding a new type shouldn't be the reason to do it. If you have a good reason to implement something then go for it. Adding in Dark and Steel made sense. Doing this just because the fans want it when it can very easily potentially break the game is just dumb. Fans will very soon get over it. As you said, people have been saying this since Gen III. No one stopped buying the games.

Of course, this is just worst-case scenario for this. If they can implement it sensibly then all means go for it. I guess I'm just against adding stuff for the sake of doing it and because the fans said so.
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Yamiidenryuu

Quote:
I'm saying that's its likely these rumors are false because of it being a copypasta'd rumor from years ago...
Really? Because this is the first time I've heard of any of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
I hope a few of these rumors are false, because they're pattern breakers.
GF's been breaking patterns for most of the last generation. I don't think that's really a valid reason to call them false anymore.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:22 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
I've said this time and time again, but making something for the sake of fan service is so dumb that I can't even handle it. Just because people are demanding a new type shouldn't be the reason to do it. If you have a good reason to implement something then go for it. Adding in Dark and Steel made sense. Doing this just because the fans want it when it can very easily potentially break the game is just dumb. Fans will very soon get over it. As you said, people have been saying this since Gen III. No one stopped buying the games.

Of course, this is just worst-case scenario for this. If they can implement it sensibly then all means go for it. I guess I'm just against adding stuff for the sake of doing it and because the fans said so.
The fact that meta game is stale, predictable and it's not not viable for all Pokemon to be used is a good enough reason that I have mentioned time and time again... Kill two birds with one stone by adding types people want, that make logical sense, and fix the meta...

They have been saying it since Gen II not Gen III... They added in too many light and sound based Pokemon it makes sense for them to implement it... Hell they probably wanted to do it along time ago, but couldn't because it was a fan idea and that would be like taking his work... Maybe they wanted to work a story line into the game that makes sense of it... Maybe they wanted to get the chart correct... Maybe they wanted to see the meta... Change the game up when people thought it was getting old (which it felt like)...

It seems this generation brought back older generation designers and stuff to work on it, so maybe they had to wait to come back to implement it... There's a numerous amount of reasons that could have gone into it... It makes perfect sense to me... People are just afraid of change... But change for utter improvement is amazing and definitively needed in the game now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamiidenryuu View Post
Really? Because this is the first time I've heard of any of them.
In generation three there was a rumor that you'd collect Unown and get to Professor Oak to get the Kanto starters or something... It came up every generation since... Still its not like it's impossible... It might be one of the things GameFreak adds in for whatever reason.

Old May 20th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamiidenryuu View Post
GF's been breaking patterns for most of the last generation. I don't think that's really a valid reason to call them false anymore.
Agreeing with this. Just because a pattern is set definitely doesn't mean it can't be broken. You can set a precedent, but they can feel free to break it whenever they want. Not doing something innovative because it breaks a pattern is dumb. Doing it because people demand on the other hand is =P

Quote:
The fact that meta game is stale, predictable and it's not not viable for all Pokemon to be used is a good enough reason that I have mentioned time and time again... Kill two birds with one stone by adding types people want, that make logical sense, and fix the meta...

They have been saying it since Gen II not Gen III... They added in too many light and sound based Pokemon it makes sense for them to implement it... Hell they probably wanted to do it along time ago, but couldn't because it was a fan idea and that would be like taking his work... Maybe they wanted to work a story line into the game that makes sense of it... Maybe they wanted to get the chart correct... Maybe they wanted to see the meta... Change the game up when people thought it was getting old (which it felt like)...

It seems this generation brought back older generation designers and stuff to work on it, so maybe they had to wait to come back to implement it... There's a numerous amount of reasons that could have gone into it... It makes perfect sense to me... People are just afraid of change... But change for utter improvement is amazing and definitively needed in the game now...
The metagame is totally irrelevant though. Game Freak doesn't give a care at all to competitive battling, at least anything that doesn't have to do with VCG. That isn't any argument to add in a new type. What broke the metagame was the power creep and making Pokémon that just had ridiculously high stats. There's more than one way to offset that. Yeah, I guess you could make a new type that would help balance Dragons (even though they really aren't that overpowered imo). Or, you know, you can offset the power creep by making more defensive stuff. I'd just love to see a generation with a decent mix of both defensive and offensive Pokémon. We mostly just stuff that hit like a tank in Gen V, so just balance it back out with what types we already have.

But yes, people don't like change. I'm not terribly fond of it when it comes to these games. That isn't the reason I don't want these new types though. They just scream fan service to me. There are multiple other ways to keep being innovative without having to add a new type for the sake of doing it. There's nothing wrong with the type system we have now. It's individual Pokémon that are part of the power creep (and not just competitively but in-game as well).

But yeah, I don't really want to keep debating the new type thing here since it sort of gets off-topic (and repetitive =P), so blah.

On the topic of the rumor of getting a Kanto starter from a different professor I can see that happening. I mean, they pretty much did exactly that with HGSS, so why not? Plus it's a cool way to implement other starters than just having to transfer them over.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here