The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 19th, 2013, 07:05 PM
MarquisPhantom

You guys are forgetting that this is a rumor thread... I have come to this thread several times looking for rumors when I see a new post but you guys are just talking about what you want to see in the game. Could the name please be changed or the conversation moved back to rumors?
Old August 19th, 2013, 11:56 PM
metalhand

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisPhantom View Post
You guys are forgetting that this is a rumor thread... I have come to this thread several times looking for rumors when I see a new post but you guys are just talking about what you want to see in the game. Could the name please be changed or the conversation moved back to rumors?
I think its need to be a rumers and speculation thread, alot of people want to express their ideas but not always find the right thread for it.
Old August 20th, 2013, 12:55 AM
lqkbook239

Nature: Careful
I want all legendary will have some connection with each other (besides trio, duo, trio master, group...)
Not just 13, 14 legendary that just stay there, wait to get caught, and don't connect with the story line.
Ex: Arceus could have created Mew to be the ansector of all Pokemon... Arceus could have created all legendaries (and maybe even Xerneas and Yvetal) but human didn't discover yet.....
Old August 20th, 2013, 01:11 AM
metalhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqkbook239 View Post
I want all legendary will have some connection with each other (besides trio, duo, trio master, group...)
Not just 13, 14 legendary that just stay there, wait to get caught, and don't connect with the story line.
Ex: Arceus could have created Mew to be the ansector of all Pokemon... Arceus could have created all legendaries (and maybe even Xerneas and Yvetal) but human didn't discover yet.....
I don't think they must have connection to the story.
But it would be nice to go through mini-quest/adventure with some story than just encounter the legendery
Old August 20th, 2013, 04:57 AM
MarquisPhantom

A lot of these things are only being posted in the wrong thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lqkbook239 View Post
Like this, for example. There is a legendary Pokémon thread clearly that is being at least moderately used. When I come here I want to see rumors, not what one wants to see. There are other threads where I like to see these such things. I also don't like having to scroll through all messages just to see if I missed a rumor in the rumor thread.
Old August 20th, 2013, 07:52 AM
lqkbook239

There is a rumor that Mewtwo has a second which looks like Mew. So what if Mew will have a mega evolution (hopefull it will be Psychic/Fairy)
Old August 20th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
Hopefully, it feels like Mew is being further overshadowed by it's clone...sure Mewtwo is meant to be superior but still.
Old August 20th, 2013, 08:11 AM
metalhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Hopefully, it feels like Mew is being further overshadowed by it's clone...sure Mewtwo is meant to be superior but still.
You are 100% right
Mew is such an interesting pokemon, and we barely know anything about.
I wish we would get more background about it.
Old August 20th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
At this point this 2nd new 'Mewtwo' form could actually be MegaMew and not Mewtwo. I don't think they would give Mewtwo 2 new forms, especially now that Mewtwo had a Mega
Old August 20th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
I don't expect it either, however maybe branch Megas exist...like normal branch evolutions do.
Old August 20th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Cat

Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
I hope the amount of Mega Evolutions introduced is only a small amount, sure it's a neat idea but it could become a little excessive if they decide to go overboard applying it to each and every individual Pokémon.

Old August 20th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Khrysta

Since Mewtwo's new form is a Mega Evolution that requires a special type of stone, I seriously doubt that that rumor is real. I don't see them giving 2 Mega Evolutions to any one Pokemon. So I think we can easily discredit the "2 New Mewtwo forms in X and Y" Rumor.
Old August 20th, 2013, 01:59 PM
lqkbook239

There are 3 chances:
1. Maybe Mewtwo is the only legendary that get Mega Evolution, it is the exception, it could have 2 Mega. Maybe there are two Mega Stone for Mewtwo
2. Maybe Mewtwo have one Mega for each game XY
3. Mew will have a Mega Evolution

For me, i think that Mewtwo won't have 2 Mega Form. If it is, what do we call it??? Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y?????
Old August 20th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Hikamaru
impossible don't exist

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I hope the amount of Mega Evolutions introduced is only a small amount, sure it's a neat idea but it could become a little excessive if they decide to go overboard applying it to each and every individual Pokémon.
^ This.

I'm hoping they don't overexpose Mega Evolutions too much, and not give it to too many Pokemon because it was stated not everything gets a Mega Evolution. I'm hoping they give it to some Pokemon that would love having a Mega Evolution, it did give Mawile a bit more love after all.

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old August 20th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
^ This.

I'm hoping they don't overexpose Mega Evolutions too much, and not give it to too many Pokemon because it was stated not everything gets a Mega Evolution. I'm hoping they give it to some Pokemon that would love having a Mega Evolution, it did give Mawile a bit more love after all.
Yeah, I'm ecstatic that Mawile & Absol got it, there's just a few more I'd like and that would be enough for me!

Old August 20th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Nature: Gentle
I honestly don't think anyone really has to worry about too many evolutions, and even so, it seems that only the Pokemon that are really underrated (aka at least 90% of what we've been shown so far, bar Blaziken and Lucario), really get this forms, so I'm fully confident that we'll probably see some more underrated Pokes shine in the spotlight because of this Mega Stone. ^^; If that makes sense.
Old August 20th, 2013, 04:51 PM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Nature: Adamant
I just bought my 3DS XL a couple weeks ago. If this is true...I will not be happy!!!
$200 for an XL and $40 X or Y game, means that the brand new XL will be $160 if true. Erk, maybe I shouldn't held off on the XL.
Though, if there will be a bundle, it will probably be more along the lines of $220, saving the consumer $20 rather than $40.

Quote:
Report: Wii U 32GB with Wind Waker HD bundle coming
Blue and red 3DS XL bundles with Pokemon X & Y also coming
13 hours ago - 6:00 AM on 08.20.2013

New Wii U bundleReport: Wii U 32GB with Wind Waker HD bundle coming photo

Destructoid has learned of Nintendo's upcoming plans to release a new Wii U bundle and new 3DS XL bundles. The information was revealed to us by a source at Target, a major North American retailer, where they were able to show us a firsthand account of their store's inventory tracking system.

The Wii U bundle will contain the 32GB Deluxe version of the console, and come packed with The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD. This will retail for $349.99.

Additionally, our source revealed two new 3DS XL bundles for Pokemon X and Y. They'll come in two colors, red and blue, with the color choices presumably being a nod to the original two Pokemon games that were released in America. The inventory listing didn't specifically state which version of the games will be included with the different colored handhelds, but we can expect the bundles to retail for $199.99.

No release date was listed for either of the bundles, but we can assume they'll be out this October as Pokemon X/Y will be out on October 12 release, while Wind Waker HD has an October window.

We reached out to Nintendo for a statement regarding this, to which they replied with "Nintendo does not comment on rumors and speculation." Not an unexpected answer. We can probably expect an official reveal in the next month or so, most likely through a Nintendo Direct.

Retrodex Sprites
|D&D Forum|??? (coming soon)
Old August 20th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenneking View Post
I just bought my 3DS XL a couple weeks ago. If this is true...I will not be happy!!!
$200 for an XL and $40 X or Y game, means that the brand new XL will be $160 if true. Erk, maybe I shouldn't held off on the XL.
Though, if there will be a bundle, it will probably be more along the lines of $220, saving the consumer $20 rather than $40.
I certainly haven't heard of those bundles. Considering that I pretty much handle all the incoming merchandise I'm always told two to three months in advance on new products so I can make necissary changes to our orders.

I may find out at a later date, definately if the normal media (Amazon) gets their hands on it first, but so far, from a main marketing seller, we don't have any word on these either. I'd expect they'd have done just the blue if true though.
Old August 21st, 2013, 02:30 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
If Dunsparce gets a Mega form, I will die in Peace!!!!!!
I really hope that the games' price won't be that high... I'm buying a 3DS only because I wanna play Pokémon X & Y ;_;
Old August 21st, 2013, 03:16 AM
Cat

In the UK they will probably initially have an RRP of £34.99, that's what most of the sites are saying atm.

Old August 21st, 2013, 03:22 AM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
In the UK they will probably initially have an RRP of £34.99, that's what most of the sites are saying atm.
Woah, that about $47 US dollars! I can settle with $40 US

Retrodex Sprites
Old August 21st, 2013, 08:57 AM
JP
wut?

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhand View Post
You are 100% right
Mew is such an interesting pokemon, and we barely know anything about.
I wish we would get more background about it.
In a way, that's kind of the very idea of the Pokemon. Mew's always been a mysterious creature. Now, to give it a new toy in the form of a Mega would be cool, but I like the mysterious aura that kinda surrounds Mew. Ah well, I can see perhaps Mew getting a new Mega-form though. I'd love it if it got some sort of secondary typing through a Mega-form.
Old August 21st, 2013, 10:06 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Nature: Gentle
I'd be happy enough if Mew were to get re-typed to Magic/Fairy without a form. That would be a huge improvement from it's current standing, anyway. .__.; But I do agree that a megaevo would definitely help poor Mew.
Old August 21st, 2013, 01:27 PM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

I will investigate this a bit. I don't see where the source is getting this is from Hiro, the pokebeach leaker. What do you guys think?

Quote:
Big batch of Pokemon X and Y rumors

Coming from one of the sources Hirobyte (the guy who first leaked “Fairy” type) leaked to. Take these Pokemon X and Y rumors with a grain of salt, of course.

The game will contain 124 new Pokemon.
There will be 45 addtional Mega Evolutions.
Mega Evolutions will not occupy a spot in the Pokedex.
Kalos will have more legendaries than any other region.
Mewtwo will have another form other than his Mega Evolution.
There will be compatibility with old games, but not in the same way you’re used to.
Like Gold/Silver, there will be plenty to do post Elite Four.
Yvetal represents death, so will likely be censored for western markets.
Mega Stones will be distributed via DLC.
We will see a return to HOENN very soon.
124 pokemon sounds perfect.
45 new Megas is ALOT!
Mewtwo other form has been speculated heavily
Hmmm, the compatibility part is mystery...cannot really comment.
A+ on the post Elite Four Comment! (This isn't hoenn reference?)
Censored? How? Like Lenora, "the Natural Born Mama" in Japan, but modified to "An Archaeologist With Backbone" to avoid racial backlash.
Again, Kalos to Hoenn as Johto to Kanto??? Or is this a remake reference?
I am only not diggin the large quantity of legendaries :/

I am hoping this is true. But, there isn't really enough, if any, proof. Most of the info has been speculated quite a bit, that is where the info may be coming from.

Retrodex Sprites

Last edited by The Dark Avenger; August 21st, 2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old August 21st, 2013, 01:31 PM
Cat

Quote:
The game will contain 124 new Pokemon.
There will be 45 Mega Evolutions.
Mega Evolutions will not occupy a spot in the Pokedex.
Kalos will have more legendaries than any other region.
Mewtwo will have another form other than his Mega Evolution.
There will be compatibility with old games, but not in the same way you’re used to.
Like Gold/Silver, there will be plenty to do post Elite Four.
Yvetal represents death, so will likely be censored for western markets.
Mega Stones will be distributed via DLC.
We will see a return to HOENN very soon.
We will see a return to HOENN very soon. - Oh.. my.. god. I want this to be true! If it's a remake then brilliant! but if its just visited after Kalos then not so much.

There's a few that I'd like to be true there and then there are some that just don't seem plausible, for instance 124 new Pokémon is very believable but then I highly doubt there will be 45 Mega Evolutions, I'm expecting 20 maximum. Secondly, Kalos having the most legendaries to date?

As I said in an earlier post I really can't see them having a high amount of legendaries introduced this generation, it's just too much now. Those rumours sound awesome sure but I'd be very skeptical about them for the time being.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links