The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 2nd, 2013, 08:55 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefTaco View Post
I'm worried that there won't be any other actual past gen evolutions since we now have Mega Evolutions to compensate. Also I don't think there will be another Eveelution this gen since Sylveon alone has gotten so much attention being the representative of Fairy type.
I guess you may be right, with all these Mega Evolutions it seems like we may not get a lot of Kalos Pokemon related to evolution lines of older Pokemon, bar Sylveon. Sylveon's main purpose right now is as a marketing mascot for the Fairy-type.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old September 2nd, 2013, 09:42 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Even if they don't get an actual evolution, I'm still happy that some of the old Pokémon are getting a chance to shine with MegaEvolution. And maybe they do have a second Eeveelution, and they're just keeping it away from us for a special surprise? As for Mega Mew, I'd absolutely love to see that. o: Mew's a great Pokémon when it comes to battling, so a Mega Mew could be even better!

Last edited by Peitharchia; September 2nd, 2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 09:52 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I definitely agree with Ashley. It won't be a huge disappointment for me if they don't have any past-gen evolutions for the sake of Megaevolutions. But at least the latter exists for the good number of Pokemon that need them. :3
Old September 2nd, 2013, 10:12 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I hope that more obscure Pokémon other than Mawile get Megaevolutions.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 11:44 PM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I hope that more obscure Pokémon other than Mawile get Megaevolutions.
I was hoping that as well. Pokemon like Mawile, Manectric, Swalot need MegaEvolutions and no real evolutions, and Pokemon like Lucario and Mew are already strong as hell and don't need a MegaEvolution. GF will probably give the fan favorites an update, as Torchic and Lucario have always been popular.

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)
Old September 3rd, 2013, 02:02 AM
Sceptile14

Quote:
I'll like to see some Pokemon based on vehicles this generation if we are to get any (more) based on inanimate objects.
I'd love to see one that is ghost/poison or ghost/steel. If there is going to be stuff like this then I prefer them being ghosts, it makes more sense, and people seem to question it a lot less.
If it was ghost/poison, it could be leaking gas, and letting out the poisonous gases where there should be it's engine. The headlights could work as eyes.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 08:03 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post
I was hoping that as well. Pokemon like Mawile, Manectric, Swalot need MegaEvolutions and no real evolutions, and Pokemon like Lucario and Mew are already strong as hell and don't need a MegaEvolution. GF will probably give the fan favorites an update, as Torchic and Lucario have always been popular.
If so then I hope each they choose at least one obscure one from each generation with Kanga being the Gen 1 obscure, and Mawile the Gen III obscure. Dunsparce can be Gen II's, Carnivine being Gen IV's, and Stunfisk being Gen V's.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 11:53 AM
metalhand

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
and Stunfisk being Gen V's.
Please no XD
I really hope gamefreak will try to forget stunfisk, like what they did to the porygon line in the anime.
I just really hate stunfisk...
Old September 3rd, 2013, 12:02 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhand View Post
Please no XD
I really hope gamefreak will try to forget stunfisk, like what they did to the porygon line in the anime.
I just really hate stunfisk...
I feel the same way...about stunfisk that is. Also while Porygon was left out of the anime it still got evolutions...same could happen with Stunfisk...

If not Stunfisk then maybe Druddigon.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 12:05 PM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
The only rumored Pokémon I'm hoping that comes to fruition is Espurr & Meowmix? They sound like the perfect Pokémon and I'd definitely use them on my team.

Asylum
Old September 3rd, 2013, 12:08 PM
Community Supporter

To me they sound like this generation's Purrloin.
Speaking of Purrloin Liepard would be a good Pokémon to give a Mega to.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 12:09 PM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Quote:
To me they sound like this generation's Purrloin.
I thought that, except they would be polar opposites with Purrlion being Dark + Espurr being Psychic.

Asylum
Old September 3rd, 2013, 12:13 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I thought that, except they would be polar opposites with Purrlion being Dark + Espurr being Psychic.
I could see that happening...they could be treated as transgenerational counterparts, sort of like Mr. Mime and Sudowoodo.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 12:23 PM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Quote:
I could see that happening...they could be treated as transgenerational counterparts, sort of like Mr. Mime and Sudowoodo.
That would actually work well, I can imagine them having striking similarities in appearance but still being completely different to one another.

Asylum
Old September 3rd, 2013, 12:58 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptile14 View Post
I'd love to see one that is ghost/poison or ghost/steel. If there is going to be stuff like this then I prefer them being ghosts, it makes more sense, and people seem to question it a lot less.
If it was ghost/poison, it could be leaking gas, and letting out the poisonous gases where there should be it's engine. The headlights could work as eyes.
So true, if not Honedge would've suffered more hate than it did...it being a possessed sword helps relax some of that hate.

A Ghost/Poison car or truck sounds cool, and I absolutely agree the headlights should be the eyes.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 05:05 PM
xseed
Reality? Or a dream?

Nature: Jolly
has anyone seeen these rumors fore. if true I will leap for joy. I have ALWAYS wanted a sabertooth tiger mon. https://archive.foolz.us/vp/thread/13602130/
Old September 3rd, 2013, 06:22 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xseed View Post
has anyone seeen these rumors fore. if true I will leap for joy. I have ALWAYS wanted a sabertooth tiger mon. https://archive.foolz.us/vp/thread/13602130/
Yes, someone posted them before. Also the guy says he (or was it his "friend") saw their names yet doesn't mention the name of the sabertooth tiger...it's fake.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 06:37 PM
~Angel~
Lead developer for ...

Nature: Quiet
So, I dunno if anyone posted this or not but, I got a rumor that the list of Pokemon getting a mega evolution included.. Well these here:

Opinions? It's a possible official confirmation, but I dunno, it's hard to believe honestly, looks to real, but it's possible to be fake, although we see the ones that DO get a megaevolution on there, so.. Yeah. I noticed Kangaskhan wasn't on there, that and I saw this photo just before Kangaskhan was announced for a megaevolution.. So.. Yeah.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 06:38 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Garchomp and haxorus getting a megaevo, holy crap lol.

better hide yo kids cause they're going to wreck some serious ****. u__u It does look real but....I find it hard to believe that a lot of already powerful Pokemon are getting these. It was always my assumption and belief that only underwhelming Pokemon would get megaevos, but whatever. xD; It isn't really disappointing me in anyway.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 06:46 PM
Omicron
I ain't your buddy! Go away!

Nature: Modest
I'm sure this was proved to be something else by the translation a long time ago.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 07:41 PM
The Dark Avenger
An Enigmagma

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1234 View Post
So, I dunno if anyone posted this or not but, I got a rumor that the list of Pokemon getting a mega evolution included.. Well these here:

Opinions? It's a possible official confirmation, but I dunno, it's hard to believe honestly, looks to real, but it's possible to be fake, although we see the ones that DO get a megaevolution on there, so.. Yeah. I noticed Kangaskhan wasn't on there, that and I saw this photo just before Kangaskhan was announced for a megaevolution.. So.. Yeah.
Sorry, but these were rental teams for an event of some sort in Japan. They actually don't have anything to do with Mega's but this rumor has been spreading like wildfire over the past month.

Avatar by Myself & Signature by Suikuzu
Old September 3rd, 2013, 07:49 PM
xseed
Reality? Or a dream?

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1234 View Post

I see a haxorus, salamance,garchomp,gyrados,dragonitre,tyranitar,.....WHOAH. If this turned out to be true the meta game will be RUINED. Most of the pokmeon on this list is seirously op. especially garchomp(thinks about poke showdown). Uh yea. for the tiem being these are gonna be fake heh....
EDIT:Oh I see it is fake. phew....
Old September 3rd, 2013, 11:38 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Here I thought they were actually going to be real Megaevos. I was kinda afraid for a second. oO;
Old September 4th, 2013, 02:23 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
So I was right back when I said those looked like pre-made teams back when that picture started circulating? yay for lucky guesses!
Old September 4th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

So that's yet another rumor provided by the source who told us about the Fairy type that turned out to be true...

Asylum
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here