The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:19 AM
MarinoKadame

We know that Dark is Evil/Villains and Fighting is Heroes in japanese, the name will maybe not keep Fairy in dubbed version.
Friend Safari: Water
Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
TSV: 2844
Friend list full but still open to trades.
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:29 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Like someone mentioned before, why did the Fairy type rumors come after Sylveon's reveal? Why weren't there a new type or even new type Eevee rumors beforehand?
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:33 AM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
Like someone mentioned before, why did the Fairy type rumors come after Sylveon's reveal? Why weren't there a new type or even new type Eevee rumors beforehand?
Well the Light/Fairy/Sound/Whatever rumors have been floating around forever, not just this generation. When Sylveon popped up it didn't really have much of a stereotypical appearance to the types we currently have, so people brought the rumors back up for the new typing. The evidence just got much better with Smash and the type testing.

Old May 21st, 2013, 09:09 AM
RandomDSdevel

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
And we don't have that with Pidgey/Spearow/Hoothoot/Taillow/Starly/Pidove already? Why not a second Psychic cat?

Cyclone
…and we already have an electric cat with Shinx/Luxio/Luxray (is that in the right order?) anyway, so maybe it could be a member of the new type?

P.S.: I'm getting tired of switching back and forth between this thread and the X/Y General Chat and Speculation Thread, so can't we just merge the two back together and rename the source thread something like the 'X/Y General News Discussion and Rumor Speculation Thread?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiff8 View Post
A lead game designer really liked Missingno, and still has him on his copy of the older games. He really wanted him to be in the new game and is intoducing him as a new pokemon as a sort of cameo appearance for him called "Miseingsnow". It's an ice type that looks like a pile of snow that turns into condensation and then to a cloud and then snows downward in its animation, while it's snowing down it has a strong resemblance to the original missingno sprite. when questioned about it he said "Now why would I go through all that trouble just to mess with an audience that is so incredibly fun to mess with " (in Japanese of course)
So…this guy's giving Cryogonal some new forms for the different states of matter?

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.

Last edited by RandomDSdevel; July 28th, 2013 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Fixed spelling.
Old May 21st, 2013, 09:40 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Nature: Gentle
Like Jake has stated, it's every generation that new types are constantly being discussed, so this is really nothing new, of course. u___u It seems that with this generation, with so many people spreading around rumors and more "anonymous" insiders post information, that said information seems to have gained validity somehow, which makes this generation's rumors a bit more interesting than previous.

However, I'm still not convinced of one without cold, hard, evidence.
Old May 21st, 2013, 09:48 AM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
I agree with sky here.
Remember, game freak does exactly wt we nvr expect.
Old May 21st, 2013, 10:54 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham2207 View Post
I agree with sky here.
Remember, game freak does exactly wt we nvr expect.
Of course! That's the thing; they can be really unpredictable. Of course, going from the five generations that we've experienced so far, it could quite possibly be said that they follow more of a linear set-up. So in all honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if this generation was the same. Focusing on the gym leaders, elite four, with very little changing (although I hope the main focus changes, but eh, that's just me, I suppose).

With new types...it could be possible, but as I've said numerous times, it's not necessary unless it's like, to nerf dragon types or something, really. From the type resistances that I've heard about in Fairy, it seems to be immune to Dragon, but that could just be a case of "saying what people want to hear" more than anything else. .-.
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:04 AM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

I mean as far as the games layout goes it is rather linear. Beat the Gyms, beat the evil team, beat the Elite Four, a little post-game, viola. That really is never changing, although I'd love some more depth to the post-experience.

As for what is rumored for Fairy's purpose, I really hope it isn't to nerf Dragons. I really don't find the type itself overpowered, it's the Pokémon they create that are. I'd still rather them find a better way to balance out the power creep they created with more balanced or defensive Pokémon instead of just offensive tanks.

Old May 21st, 2013, 11:11 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
While a new type may be likely at this point, it's still not safe to rule out the use of an existing type. Rumors are going to continue to flood about Sylveon and new types and people will continue to speculate about it, but let's keep it cool okay?
It literally cannot be an old type, unless they reworked the type chart... Or Smash was just messing with everyone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
P.S.: I'm getting tired of switching back and forth between this thread and the X/Y General Chat and Speculation Thread, so can't we just merge the two back together and rename the source thread something like the 'X/Y General News Discussion and Rumor Speculation Thread?'
They originally split the speculation into two threads and you want them back to one... I still don't know the difference, but whatever...

Old May 21st, 2013, 11:11 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Quote:
As for what is rumored for Fairy's purpose, I really hope it isn't to nerf Dragons. I really don't find the type itself overpowered, it's the Pokémon they create that are. I'd still rather them find a better way to balance out the power creep they created with more balanced or defensive Pokémon instead of just offensive tanks.
I agree, really. It seems like the past few generations (from Gen IV onwards) have started bringing about super powerful pokemon...a lot more than was needed, I suppose? It'd be nice to have some more defensive mons this time around in Gen 6, and I'm hoping that this new type (regardless of whether or not it's Fairy) accomplishes this.

I'm not an extremely huge fan of defensive Pokemon, but keeping balance is what matters to me above all.
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:33 PM
.Aero
Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess

Nature: Bold
I think Gamefreak is realizing now that they did mess up with their dragon pokemon, giving them absurdly high stats and the fact that only Steel resists their primary STAB is quite scary. Sure, Dragon is meant to be a strong type, but it's not meant to be centralizing like it is. Perhaps if this Fairy-type ends up being immune to Dragon they can fix some of the mistakes they've already fallen victim too. I certainly hope Fairy is a good defensive typing like Derk said because of the fact that there are not enough defensive pokemon who are good anymore because of the insane power creep throughout the last two generations.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 01:07 AM
rageahollic33
MrUmbreonFan

Nature: Serious
I think there will be a Fairy Type and a Light type.

I think there will be two Eeveelutions. Sylveon (fairy) and Gloeon (light) *Glow+Eon*
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:30 AM
Cat

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
I doubt there's going to be two eeveelutions, I think Sylveon is enough.

Old May 22nd, 2013, 05:34 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I doubt there's going to be two eeveelutions, I think Sylveon is enough.
This, really. It's already enough of a headache trying to figure out the type/capabilities of one eeveelution. I can imagine the same discussions happening for another one just won't do. .__.;
Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:28 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Why would we have a Fairy and a Light type? The Sound theory is more likely...
SONICBOOMEON! I CHOOSE YOU!

I didn't know where to post this so I'm posting it everywhere...
Spoiler:

"Someone on /vp/ pointed this out. Kalos may be directly north of Unova in the Pokemon world. This could all be a coincidence, but note how the rivers in north Unova and south Kalos more or less match up. And the mountainous area near the Pokemon League in Unova matches up to the mountainous southern Kalos. Since Gen 5 was a reboot, could Gen 6 allow us to visit Unova? Again this could all be a coincidence, especially due to route numbers having been reset, but it's at the very least interesting speculation."

Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:23 PM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

I'm assuming people are honestly just using Light and Fairy interchangeably at this point. I'm not expecting there to be both of them present if we do get a new type, as they'd just be really redundant.

Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:26 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
I'm assuming people are honestly just using Light and Fairy interchangeably at this point. I'm not expecting there to be both of them present if we do get a new type, as they'd just be really redundant.
Exactly. It's just getting to the point where it's just getting really repetitive, and making me hope even more that there's no new type or anything like that. u_u
Old May 22nd, 2013, 05:34 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LycaNinja View Post
Fire

[...]

By your logic you hate Fire-types now...
I don't know what any of that had to do with my post. All I'm saying is that, personally, I prefer if there's no new types. But if there are, I'm really not going to complain about it. /shrugs. Everyone's going to have their different perspectives about it, after all.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 06:12 PM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I don't know what any of that had to do with my post. All I'm saying is that, personally, I prefer if there's no new types. But if there are, I'm really not going to complain about it. /shrugs. Everyone's going to have their different perspectives about it, after all.
My point was that you said you heard fairy/light so much that you hate it even more... So hearing the word fire over and over again would mean you hate fire... Meaning your logic wasn't logical... You will grow to love the new type(s) like everyone eventually...

Old May 22nd, 2013, 06:17 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Quote:
My point was that you said you heard fairy/light so much that you hate it even more... So hearing the word fire over and over again would mean you hate fire... Meaning your logic wasn't logical... You will grow to love the new type(s) like everyone eventually...
....Um, no lol. Please don't twist what I'm saying, and you're bringing up something completely irrelevant anyway.

Discussion about new types (as has been said by Jake and myself, again), has not been anything new in regards to whatever new generation was present at the time. It happened in Gen 4, it happened with Gen 5, and it's happening again in Gen 6. Except this time, it's going around more rampant than ever before with more persistent people spreading more realistic-sounding rumors without any basis or factual proof whatsoever other than probably being right out of legitimately pure coincidence. It's annoying because it's the same thing over and over and over again, it's annoying because it's rumors spread without hard evidence.

Spamming me with a type that already exists isn't proving your point, like at all. Neither is it logical, so you might want to check your logic there, buddy.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 06:35 PM
shubham2207

Quote:
dude, u r sounding kiddish.. Control dude control..

And wt sky told is correct. Introductn to new types had been speculated since gen 4. But this time around ppl say this info about a new type is almost true due to some inside informatn leakers..
Who knws, those leakers might be fake leakers who are just trying to make their own fan made theory, or maybe game freak might remove this new type due to this leakage so as not to become predictable..
Old May 22nd, 2013, 06:54 PM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
I doubt GF would remove an entire new type with actual moves made for it and mons that have it in order to ruin the leak...that'll take a lot of programing adjustments I think.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 07:03 PM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Quote:
....Um, no lol. Please don't twist what I'm saying, and you're bringing up something completely irrelevant anyway.

Discussion about new types (as has been said by Jake and myself, again), has not been anything new in regards to whatever new generation was present at the time. It happened in Gen 4, it happened with Gen 5, and it's happening again in Gen 6. Except this time, it's going around more rampant than ever before with more persistent people spreading more realistic-sounding rumors without any basis or factual proof whatsoever other than probably being right out of legitimately pure coincidence. It's annoying because it's the same thing over and over and over again, it's annoying because it's rumors spread without hard evidence.

Spamming me with a type that already exists isn't proving your point, like at all. Neither is it logical, so you might want to check your logic there, buddy.
It sounded to me like you hated it because you don't like its name being repeating over and over... So how is that twisted?

The old rumors on it had no backing at all... This one does, and makes sense for them to add in something fans have been wanting... You know you will like new types when they come out... Everyone is just afraid of learning new stuff... Which is what makes a game series fun again btw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham2207 View Post
dude, u r sounding kiddish.. Control dude control..

And wt sky told is correct. Introductn to new types had been speculated since gen 4. But this time around ppl say this info about a new type is almost true due to some inside informatn leakers..
Who knws, those leakers might be fake leakers who are just trying to make their own fan made theory, or maybe game freak might remove this new type due to this leakage so as not to become predictable..
Don't call someone kiddish when you type "u" and "r" and misspell so many words all the time... That sounds much more childish imo...

New type or type chart redo is confirmed by Pokemon Smash!... Not by a leaker... They cannot remove a new type that's hardcoded into the game at this stage in development...

Old May 22nd, 2013, 07:14 PM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
Quote:

And it probably happened back in Generation 3 too...
While not enough conclusive evidence has appeared the performance in smash of the cast trying to guess Sylveon's type, and the fact that they're keeping it's type a secret for so long seem to be enough for people to expect something like a new type is on our way, if not a change to the type chart...
Old May 22nd, 2013, 07:37 PM
shubham2207

Quote:
Don't call someone kiddish when you type "u" and "r" and misspell so many words all the time... That sounds much more childish imo...

New type or type chart redo is confirmed by Pokemon Smash!... Not by a leaker... They cannot remove a new type that's hardcoded into the game at this stage in development...
Bro, its not that using "u" and "r" is childish, its that i m addicted to facebook and other social websites..
I dun think nobody has prblm wid my language, i make it short and most importantly clear to all.
About the new type, has it been confirmed? Has the new type chart shows the fairy type?

Last edited by shubham2207; May 22nd, 2013 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Nthng much
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links