The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 8th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Pinsir isn't at all a bad Pokémon, just when compared to Heracross or other similar Pokémon it can be a little outclassed. I wouldn't say a Pinsir Mega Evolution is off the cards but I like Pinsir how it is and I think they could go a little overboard with a Mega Evolution.

Team αlpha
Old September 8th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post

It is said that these Pokemon will get Mega Evo.
I wonder how Scizor would look if it gets a MegaEvolution. Scizor is kind of a slow Pokémon, so when it transforms into its Mega form, I'm guessing its Speed stat will gain some sort of a boost. Its defensive stats are not that great either, so they could gain a boost, too, possibly. (: I'm also looking forward to Garchomp's MegaEvolution, since it's one of my favorite dragon-types. I'm not exactly sure if its Mega form will be banned or not, but I have a feeling that it will since Garchomp is already quite overpowered.
Old September 8th, 2013, 04:59 PM
GeckoPutt

Nature: Calm

When you think about it, if this rumour is true, that is A LOT of Pokémon that are receiving Mega Evolutions (60 as shown above). Which is fantastic, but what I hope it doesn't do is take away from the fact that we want some Pokémon to just receive normal evolutions (pre-evolutions).

When they introduced these bad boys in Diamond and Pearl, it was just the best thing ever.
Old September 8th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Anna
pants on the floor
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
idk guys I've heard that picture's fake but you know i'm kind of miffed that it's mostly already-evolved, fairly powerful 'mon that are getting megas :|
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old September 8th, 2013, 05:23 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I was just reading on Pokejungle that apparently the Smash crew were seen (well heared) talking about the Kalos starters...do you guys think they'll finally show us their evolutions?
Old September 8th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Anna
pants on the floor
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Gosh I hope so. I really really want to see Fennekin's final and how comparable it'll be to Ninetales. BUT MOSTLY I WANT TO KNOW TYPING omg
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old September 8th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Community Supporter

I'm mixed about them showing the starters. For one it'll be nice to know what their typing are and if they look as cool as we imagine...but in another I want to discover them by myself...
Old September 8th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoPutt View Post
When you think about it, if this rumour is true, that is A LOT of Pokémon that are receiving Mega Evolutions (60 as shown above). Which is fantastic, but what I hope it doesn't do is take away from the fact that we want some Pokémon to just receive normal evolutions (pre-evolutions).

When they introduced these bad boys in Diamond and Pearl, it was just the best thing ever.
That's my biggest concern about older Pokémon getting Mega Evolutions. I hope it doesn't become some sort of alternative to Pokémon getting new (pre-)evolutions of their own. A prime example, Mega Mawile. I can't help but think how it's new mega evolution could have easily been a design for its evolved form instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallyAnna View Post
idk guys I've heard that picture's fake but you know i'm kind of miffed that it's mostly already-evolved, fairly powerful 'mon that are getting megas
While excited about it, I am also kind of peeved that a lot of already popular and strong Pokémon are getting mega evolutions rather than Pokémon that could really benefit from having it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I was just reading on Pokejungle that apparently the Smash crew were seen (well heared) talking about the Kalos starters...do you guys think they'll finally show us their evolutions?
While usually starter evolutions aren't normally officially revealed until after the games are released, I wouldn't say the possibility of it happening are out of the cards. They could still very well show the mid-stage evolutions now and wait till the release to show the final stages for the starters.

Agreed about having mixed feelings though. On one hand, while I'd really love to see what the starters look like evolved, I also kind of want to see them firsthand from playing the game and not knowing what to expect.

Last edited by Guy; September 8th, 2013 at 05:46 PM.
Old September 8th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
If anything is going to reveal the Starter Evolutions this close to the release it would be CoroCoro, Smash will probably cover what they reveal. However with there being so little time until the release date and still no hint of the starter evolutions, I'm convinced that they will hold them off until the Games are officially released for players to discover them whilst playing.

Team αlpha
Old September 8th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Hacki101
I use too many smileys.... :P

Nature: Calm
Is nobody expecting Gen 6 Mega evolutions then? I'm pretty sure that if every other starter gets a Mega evolution, Gen 6 starters will as well... Thus, I don't think that picture is legit.

I'm also wondering if non-fully evolved pokemon in the future will have Mega evolutions as well, because I am not completely ruling out the likes of Mawile and Absol getting evolved forms in the future.

In this challenge you can only ever have 1 Pokemon of any type and if it faints you can never use that type or Pokemon again! You must battle through each game to completion (E4 Champion or Red) without having all your types eliminated. Choose your Pokemon wisely and have fun!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=248129
Old September 8th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Hikamaru
dude, woman up!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
While usually starter evolutions aren't normally officially revealed until after the games are released, I wouldn't say the possibility of it happening are out of the cards. They could still very well show the mid-stage evolutions now and wait till the release to show the final stages for the starters.

Agreed about having mixed feelings though. On one hand, while I'd really love to see what the starters look like evolved, I also kind of want to see them firsthand from playing the game and not knowing what to expect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
If anything is going to reveal the Starter Evolutions this close to the release it would be CoroCoro, Smash will probably cover what they reveal. However with there being so little time until the release date and still no hint of the starter evolutions, I'm convinced that they will hold them off until the Games are officially released for players to discover them whilst playing.
I do agree with you guys, there's often a reason they keep starter evolutions a secret until after the game release, they want to surprise those playing the games at seeing what their starter would become. Even if they do reveal evolved forms for Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie in the next CoroCoro it could at least be middle stages so we can at least get an idea for what themes they might be going with for their evolution lines, while still keeping final stages under wraps.

I do recall that with Black and White, they did reveal Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott's middle stages a little while before the release, and final stages were leaked as concept art.
Old September 8th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
I do agree with you guys, there's often a reason they keep starter evolutions a secret until after the game release, they want to surprise those playing the games at seeing what their starter would become. Even if they do reveal evolved forms for Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie in the next CoroCoro it could at least be middle stages so we can at least get an idea for what themes they might be going with for their evolution lines, while still keeping final stages under wraps.

I do recall that with Black and White, they did reveal Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott's middle stages a little while before the release, and final stages were leaked as concept art.
Servine and Dewott's first evolution were revealed as concept art too for the anime. I don't remember how Pignite was release though.

But yeah I don't see them releasing the starters evolutions. And if they do it should just be their first evolution not their second or Megas.
Old September 8th, 2013, 06:57 PM
iRyahn

Nature: Adamant
Actually the Black/White middle stage starters were leaked from Corocoro on September 11th, 2010. So I don't think it's unlikely. Maybe fate will play out and we will get X/Y middle stage starters in the upcoming week? I really feel that there is an extremely high chance of this happening.

My Friend Safari contains: Dunsparce, Audino, and Imposter Ditto.
Old September 8th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Hikamaru
dude, woman up!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Servine and Dewott's first evolution were revealed as concept art too for the anime. I don't remember how Pignite was release though.

But yeah I don't see them releasing the starters evolutions. And if they do it should just be their first evolution not their second or Megas.
I do remember Servine and Dewott being leaked earlier than Pignite's, but it was still a weird occurrence since most starter evolutions never got revealed until after game release.

But yeah I agree they may not reveal Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie's evolutions until after game release, but if they do reveal them early it should at least be middle stages.
Old September 8th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRyahn View Post
Actually the Black/White middle stage starters were leaked from Corocoro on September 11th, 2010. So I don't think it's unlikely. Maybe fate will play out and we will get X/Y middle stage starters in the upcoming week? I really feel that there is an extremely high chance of this happening.
I guess I forgot that...proably due to said earlier unofficial leaks...
Well that was the last issue before BW came out so I guess it could be the same with the Kalos starters first evolution and this upcoming issue.
Old September 8th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Hikamaru
dude, woman up!
Community Supporter

Quote:
I guess I forgot that...proably due to said earlier unofficial leaks...
Well that was the last issue before BW came out so I guess it could be the same with the Kalos starters first evolution and this upcoming issue.
I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a 5th Gen here and revealed middle stage starter evolutions in last CoroCoro before game release.
Old September 8th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a 5th Gen here and revealed middle stage starter evolutions in last CoroCoro before game release.
Also there's more time this final issue and BW's release so them showing the middle starters won't come off as being seen as a late spoiler of sorts.
Old September 8th, 2013, 07:14 PM
BeefTaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post

It is said that these Pokemon will get Mega Evo.
Using my awesome translating skills (Google Translate) I was able to translate a few things. For starters the title says "Unlock the sphere of dense Mega advance ???!!" (Couldn't translate the last part). The title on top of each pokemon row just says to which region they belong "Kanto Pokemon", "Hoenn Pokemon", etc. I don't know if this is real tho, some choices I approve like Aggron and Sableeye but some I don't like Garchomp.
Old September 8th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Community Supporter

Garchomp seems like a really popular Pokémon to MegaEvolve in rumors as it's been in almost every rumor I've seen...concerning Megaevolutions of course.
Old September 8th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Livewire
League Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Of course all the pseudo legends get mega evolutions. Watch Mega Tyranitar & Garchomp annihilate everything in their paths.
ORAS Release Staff Collab 2014
Old September 8th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Of course all the pseudo legends get mega evolutions. Watch Mega Tyranitar & Garchomp annihilate everything in their paths.
Interestingly Hydreigon seems to always be left out of them...it's as if who ever is making them doesn't like Hydreigon...or GF truly doesn't plan to give one to Hydreigon if these rumors are true...
Old September 8th, 2013, 07:44 PM
BeefTaco

Quote:
Garchomp seems like a really popular Pokémon to MegaEvolve in rumors as it's been in almost every rumor I've seen...concerning Megaevolutions of course.
I suppose is that It's just a very popular pokemon overall and people who made up this rumors (if they are fake) think GF is choosing Mega Evolutions based on popularity. I do agree with this tho, if GF is indeed choosing the Mega Evolutions based on popularity I almost certain Garchomp will get one.
Old September 8th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Hikamaru
dude, woman up!
Community Supporter

I'm a bit surprised with some of the Pokemon shown there, especially Bouffalant and Druddigon which I do think aren't loved a lot. But I'd imagine how annoying a MegaWobbuffet would be.

Now one thing I'm hoping with more new Mega Evolutions is that they give them new types, like what they did with Ampharos. Every other confirmed one so far kept its original typing so I want to see more that change types.

And speaking of new Pokemon, I came across these rumors from 4chan that someone posted on Tumblr:

Spoiler:
Quote:
Aspent - It’s a Poison-type “Desert Snake” Pokemon, basically a maroon cobra with gold stripes and a little Egyptian Pharaoh hood. It has Intimidate as an Ability, and a new Normal-type move named “Serpent Dance”, which confuses the user while lowering the foe’s Attack and Speed. In the overworld you can now see certain Pokemon, some will run away from you, some will stand still and let you walk up to them, while others will chase after you, with Aspent popping out of the sand in areas and chasing after you. It is described as being a dangerous desert-dwelling Pokemon that performs a strange, twisting dance that lulls its prey into a false-sense of security.”

Poirre - It’s a Water/Rock-type “Gushing” Pokemon, it resembles a large gray, finely carved fish statue like the kind you see on fountains, with a wide mouth that’s shooting out water skyward, even in the art it’s shown shooting water out. It has Drizzle as an Ability, and learns very few moves besides Water Gun, but is said to shine in Double Battles. Using its new Water-type move, “Healing Spring”, it is able to continuously heal it and its partner for three turns but, on the downside, it is unable to use any moves or switch out. It is described as being a sedentary Pokemon that gets rid of its excess body water by spraying it out of its mouth for hours at a time, with nearby Pokemon gathering around it for hydration.

Grimmwood - This is the English name of “Orotto”, the Pokemon seen in Japanese trailers beforehand, known as the “Deep Woods” Pokemon. It is Grass/Ghost, with Stall as an Ability. It knows Ingrain, and often appear in Horde Battles with other Grimmwood, using Ingrain to continuously heal and prolong the fight. They also learn a new Poison-type move known as “Poison Apple”, which heals the foe’s HP then badly poisons them. It is described as being strange Pokemon that grow in large groups in areas where wars took place in the past, and move around in order to confuse travelers who pass through the woods they live in.

Espurr - It’s a Psychic-type “Roaming Cat” Pokemon, a chunky purplish cat with black star marks decorating its body, and pointy ears like a witches-hat. It has Infiltrator as an Ability, and has Swift as one of its moves. Espurr appear in certain towns, including Lumiose, at night and will run away if approached by a trainer. To catch them, you need to utilize your skates and back them into a corner so you can battle them. It is described as a foreboding Pokemon that gather around human settlements, and are said to be associated with strange occurrences.”

Meowstic - It’s a Psychic-type “Familiar” Pokemon, the evolved form of Espurr, with a stronger witch motif has its ears are taller and pointier, and its tail resembles a broomstick. Its body is pure-black with purple star marks, and inverse of its pre-evolution. Its Ability remains as Infiltrator, and learns Moonlight, as it is a Pokemon that is stronger when battling at night. It evolves from the mischievous Espurr by playing with it in Pokemon-Amie and getting on its good-side. It is described as being a fiercely loyal Pokemon with powerful magic that follows its Trainer’s will to the fullest, but will hiss and scratch if any human besides its Trainer attempts to touch it.

Staeger - It’s a Bug/Flying-type “Stag Beetle” Pokemon, it’s a copper-colored stag beetle with a folded up body and larger pincers, it resembles a “spaceship” a bit with its wing spread out. It has a new Ability called “Air Strike”, which powers up its attacks when used against Flying and Levitating Pokemon, thus it is said to be a very powerful Pokemon when used in Sky Battles with “Aerial Ace” and “Bug Bite” as attacks. It is also said to evolve when it masters Sky Battling. It is described as a fierce hunter that never lands on the ground when chasing after its prey, but is docile when drinking sap from trees.”

Beettallion - (Armored Mode) It’s a Steel/Flying-type “Metamorphic” Pokemon, a larger metallic stag beetle with little turrets on its back, once more it looks a lot like a futuristic “spaceship” with “Shell Armor” as an Ability. It has strong defenses, but loses some of its Speed and Attack. It learns a Bug-type move known as “Metamorph”, which allows it to Mode Change into Strike Mode, which is Bug/Flying and has a more humanoid, mecha beetle look who wields its horns like swords. Furthermore, Strike Mode lowers it defenses, but regains its Attack and Speed as well as regaining Air Strike as an Ability. It cannot change back after using Metamorph. It is described as being a natural Pokemon that evolved a method of transforming its body in order to keep up continuously evolving prey, and thus can adjust to changes in battles.

Reangil - . It’s the Pokemon that was seen in the Nintendo Direct, a Fairy/Dragon-type “Nevermore” Pokemon. It has a new Ability known as “Fog Horn”, which creates a mysterious fog wherever it appears which lowers the Accuracy of all Pokemon including itself. It has a new Fairy-type move known as “Dragolance”, which does Dragon-type damage to foes. It is described as being a Pokemon that appears in many ancient Fairy-tales and shows itself to those who believe in it, and is said to live for exactly 100 years.”

(spoilered due to loads and loads of text)

They apparently mentioned what Orotto's English name might be, as well as those rumored Pokemon called Espurr and Meowstick. You could even count that alpaca-like Pokemon we saw in the latest Nintendo Direct video. I know a lot of people were hoping Orotto would be Grass/Ghost-type as well so I'd be surprised if some of this, if not all of it would be confirmed real.

But still, very interesting thoughts there. A Pokemon based on a fish statue from a fountain that seems to only see use in double battles or something? An Egyptian-looking snake? They look like some good designs imo. But I think a Fairy/Dragon-type would be something very odd but unique to see.
Old September 8th, 2013, 09:03 PM
TaintedHeart
Hue

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmoxi View Post
Where's Dunsparce on this picture?I think that Dunsparce really need a mega-evolution.
Glad Dunsparce isn't. Rather have an evo then cap it there
Old September 8th, 2013, 09:05 PM
BeefTaco

I like this rumor, some of the designs sound legit like Aspent, Poirre and Reangil. Still putting Meowstick and Espurr there AGAIN raises my suspicion.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links