Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old September 8th, 2013 (09:07 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
The beetle Pokémon sounds like the one from the "leaked pokedex". I'm calling it as fake.
Also that Fog Horn ability sounds lame...reducing the Pokémon's own accuracy as well?
Old September 8th, 2013 (09:22 PM).
Hue

Nature: Quiet
Reangil sounds really interesting. Is there a snap shot?
Old September 9th, 2013 (02:12 AM). Edited September 9th, 2013 by Peitharchia.
& having to receive it

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
The beetle Pokémon sounds like the one from the "leaked pokedex". I'm calling it as fake.
Also that Fog Horn ability sounds lame...reducing the Pokémon's own accuracy as well?
If it is real, then I'm hoping for it to be an evolved form of Heracross. Ever since generation three, I've always wanted it to have an evolution, because that's when I discovered how powerful this Pokémon can truly be. xD I wouldn't mind if it was an evolution for Pinsir, either. That would give it a chance to finally be in the spotlight, which I think it really deserves.

If Fog Horn reduce your accuracy, then I'm guessing it increases something else. Maybe it increases your evasiveness?
Old September 9th, 2013 (02:18 AM).

The beetle in the "full leaked pokedex" is the legendary. In that list, that beetle pokemon is a normal pokemon
Old September 9th, 2013 (03:51 AM).
~~King Of Plegia~~

Remember that town with the clock on the North Of Kalos?Maybe if we get an Event Celebi there it will give us a Mega Stone to Mega Evolve it!

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old September 9th, 2013 (09:35 AM).
wut?
Silver Tier

Interestingly Hydreigon seems to always be left out of them...it's as if who ever is making them doesn't like Hydreigon...or GF truly doesn't plan to give one to Hydreigon if these rumors are true...
That is rather strange considering the other pseudo's are listed. Though, I'm cool with it since Volcarona seems to be getting one. <3
Old September 9th, 2013 (10:02 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by lqkbook239:
The beetle in the "full leaked pokedex" is the legendary. In that list, that beetle pokemon is a normal pokemon
The Dragon/Fairy in the "full leaked Pokedex" is also not the one seen in the "blink and you'll miss it" moment of Pokémon Direct. As the one in the list is said to have wings and is golden...and it feels like these latest rumors stole from that already suspicious dex.
Old September 9th, 2013 (11:30 AM).
Enter the heat of battle, go for it!

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
Pinsir isn't at all a bad Pokémon, just when compared to Heracross or other similar Pokémon it can be a little outclassed. I wouldn't say a Pinsir Mega Evolution is off the cards but I like Pinsir how it is and I think they could go a little overboard with a Mega Evolution.
No. He's terrible. Why are Heracross and Scizor, who are OU (and one of them being one of the best) get a mega evolution but not Pinsir who is just too terrible?
I was just reading on Pokejungle that apparently the Smash crew were seen (well heared) talking about the Kalos starters...do you guys think they'll finally show us their evolutions?
I hope not. I want to play the game unprepared, since Pokemon is at its best there. I wanna be surprised.
If by chance the starters are revealed before release, can you VM me saying they are but no more than that? Cause getting a warning means I can go on a media blackout without stumbling by accident on the evos. lol
Quote originally posted by BeefTaco:
Using my awesome translating skills (Google Translate) I was able to translate a few things. For starters the title says "Unlock the sphere of dense Mega advance ???!!" (Couldn't translate the last part). The title on top of each pokemon row just says to which region they belong "Kanto Pokemon", "Hoenn Pokemon", etc. I don't know if this is real tho, some choices I approve like Aggron and Sableeye but some I don't like Garchomp.
Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh all read "Jouto Pokemon", "Houen Pokemon" and "Shinou Pokemon" respectively. Similarly, Unova is "Isshu Pokemon", but there's a kanji in between, which I can't read since I'm still learning kanji. On the other hand, Kanto is written in kanji, the same way the real Kanto region is written. But as far as I know, Pokemon's Kanto isn't written in Kanji, is it?

Twitter - Tumblr
Old September 9th, 2013 (11:34 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Spinosaurus:
No. He's terrible. Why are Heracross and Scizor, who are OU (and one of them being one of the best) get a mega evolution but not Pinsir who is just too terrible?

I hope not. I want to play the game unprepared, since Pokemon is at its best there. I wanna be surprised.
If by chance the starters are revealed before release, can you VM me saying they are but no more than that? Cause getting a warning means I can go on a media blackout without stumbling by accident on the evos. lol

Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh all read "Jouto Pokemon", "Houen Pokemon" and "Shinou Pokemon" respectively. Similarly, Unova is "Isshu Pokemon", but there's a kanji in between, which I can't read since I'm still learning kanji. On the other hand, Kanto is written in kanji, the same way the real Kanto region is written. But as far as I know, Pokemon's Kanto isn't written in Kanji, is it?
Sure thing I'll vm you if they show up. Maybe the mods could announce it too like they did with the Pokemon Direct to alert everyone...
Old September 9th, 2013 (12:15 PM).

So, pretty sure super training has been confirmed to affect IV's and not EV's. how do you think this will affect pokemon and do you think it'll allow more casual players to move into the competitive realm?

Using giancarloparimango11's latest video of Smash for a source. You see Sylveon compete and afterwards gain +8 in special attack, the bar moved a reasonable amount after, which leaves me to believe it's IV's rather than EV's which wouldn't have been affected quite as much by just 8 points...

Currently looking for:
-Competitive shiny and HA pokemon
-Assault Vest
-Ability Capsule
-Tyranitarite

FC: 1993-8587-9003
PM me first
Old September 9th, 2013 (12:26 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by TheSneakyTruth:
So, pretty sure super training has been confirmed to affect IV's and not EV's. how do you think this will affect pokemon and do you think it'll allow more casual players to move into the competitive realm?

Using giancarloparimango11's latest video of Smash for a source. You see Sylveon compete and afterwards gain +8 in special attack, the bar moved a reasonable amount after, which leaves me to believe it's IV's rather than EV's which wouldn't have been affected quite as much by just 8 points...
Nothing has been confirmed. For all we know it could be something in the same vein as EV's. Or the EV system could've been changed. Also I honestly doubt it's IV's as those have thus far been permanent and are the determining factor of certain things such as the power of Hidden power as well as it's type.

Speaking of hidden power I wonder how they'll change it to fit in the Fairy type.
Old September 9th, 2013 (01:28 PM). Edited September 9th, 2013 by FlamingRage.
Can you feel my rage?

Quote originally posted by JayTheKing:

It is said that these Pokemon will get Mega Evo.
It's Photoshopped. I can tell by the pixels
But seriously, the gaps are a little weird and uneven if you look closely (or at the hoenn pokemon)
And if they were confirming them to have mega evolutions, wouldn't they show them to us? (the leaker showing the mega evoltution forms, not gamefreak telling us. Just cause I thought that wasn't clear)

Still, mega Carnivine, Wobbuffet, Lucario and Tropius. That would be epic.
Old September 9th, 2013 (02:26 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by FlamingRage:
But seriously, the gaps are a little weird and uneven if you look closely (or at the hoenn pokemon)
And if they were confirming them to have mega evolutions, wouldn't they show them to us?

The pictures of them also seem to be overlapping in such an odd way as if they were copied and pasted over another.

Also I have a feeling GF will want us to discover the mega evolutions by ourselves.
Old September 9th, 2013 (03:26 PM).
Lover of Winter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by FlamingRage:
And if they were confirming them to have mega evolutions, wouldn't they show them to us?

Mega Lucario has already been revealed though.
Old September 9th, 2013 (03:35 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Dillon_68:
Mega Lucario has already been revealed though.
This list came after so MegaLucario isn't proof it's real. We're wonder why they haven't shown the Megas of the majority of Pokémon listed yet.
Old September 9th, 2013 (04:26 PM).

Nature: Adamant
A little off topic but I really hope Chespin's starter evolution isn't Grass/Dark like many have rumored. We already have Shiftry and Cacturne and to me while these pokemon look cool and have an interesting typing, they are really bad even with good stats and move pool.

I mean 4x bug weakness, 2x fire/ice/poison/fighting/flying.. Most of these weaknesses are from EXTREMELY common offensive moves.

So I'm crossing my fingers for Grass/Rock or even just plain ole Grass.

My Friend Safari contains: Dunsparce, Audino, and Imposter Ditto.
Old September 9th, 2013 (05:30 PM).
Lover of Winter

Nature: Relaxed
This list came after so MegaLucario isn't proof it's real. We're wonder why they haven't shown the Megas of the majority of Pokémon listed yet.
I wasn't trying to validate the list, I thought the poster was unaware that there was already a MegaLucario. It sounded like they were excited for the possibility, so I figured they didn't know already.
Old September 9th, 2013 (06:06 PM).
Can you feel my rage?

I found someone cos playing as Cilan "evaluating" it.

http://pokemon-personalities.tumblr.com/post/60673878373/therandominmyhead-kyurem-what-well-lets

I can't actually be bothered to do more research to find out if he actually knows what he's talking about (besides the thing about a computer screen which is true)... but it has a bunch of reblogs, so there it's fake

/internet logic
Old September 9th, 2013 (06:18 PM).
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Here's a rumor that I mentioned on another thread (I think). We might see the return of HGSS's Pokewalker, because I like the idea of counting a certain number of steps. That would be a nice surprise.
Old September 9th, 2013 (06:34 PM).
I'M ALL FIRED UP
ModeratorBS

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I'm glad that Pokemon like Sudowoodo/Golem and ofc Lapras are listed because hopefully that will give these Pokemon a serious boost in power, but I'm kind of scared to see what a Mega Evolution will do to the majority of those Pokemon seeing as most of those are in the OU or Uber tier (the two highest), and I wonder how it'll affect gen 6 competitively.

I'm also really glad that they stuck to popular Pokemon instead of stuff like Vespiquen that was never really anybody's favorite, but also that they mixed in a few like Drifblim. Unfortunately, it seems as though Dunsparce has been neglected again D:

Ofc this is only if that photo's real (not sure if it's been confirmed?).
Old September 9th, 2013 (07:03 PM).
Vengeance is Vine

^
Vespiquen is my second favorite pokemon!

Artwork by Fairy+
Old September 9th, 2013 (07:11 PM).
Super ModeratorBSCS

I'd much rather they get pre-evos or actual evolutions than just mega ones, in the case of things like Lapras, Dunsparce, Carnivine, etc.
Old September 9th, 2013 (07:17 PM).
Vengeance is Vine

^ Definitely. Lapras definitely needs a pre-evo. I always thought it bizarre that we would receive a tiny egg in RBY that contained this huge full-grown lapras within the shell! The same goes for Kangaskan, though, there is still a possiblity GF could add the Kangaskan child as a pre-evo, otherwise, the mother, is not a mother and serves more as the dominant paternal twin along with a dwarf twin when it hatches. Which is, again, BIZARRE!

The best remedy would to have a pre-evo, that evolves into a Kangaskan, thus entering motherhood. Then, the Kangaskan can also breed with other species to birth additional children. Thus, the Kangaskan child probably shouldn't exist in the wild, similar to other baby pokemon, that are often not found in the wild, only obtainable through breeding.

Artwork by Fairy+
Old September 9th, 2013 (07:21 PM).
Silver Tier

Well dinosaurs were quite big...so it makes some sense for it to be big.
Old September 9th, 2013 (10:22 PM).
dreamme,myWorld
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Boilurn:
Here's a rumor that I mentioned on another thread (I think). We might see the return of HGSS's Pokewalker, because I like the idea of counting a certain number of steps. That would be a nice surprise.
The Pokewalker was useless, IMO. Heck, I never even really opened mine out of the box and used it, not even once. .___. If they're going to include some merchandise that has some sort of connection to the games, I'd much rather it be more useful than a Pokemon pedometer

» my dreamiverse
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)