Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old September 9th, 2013 (11:17 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by FlamingRage:
I found someone cos playing as Cilan "evaluating" it.

http://pokemon-personalities.tumblr.com/post/60673878373/therandominmyhead-kyurem-what-well-lets

I can't actually be bothered to do more research to find out if he actually knows what he's talking about (besides the thing about a computer screen which is true)... but it has a bunch of reblogs, so there it's fake

/internet logic
Lol I quite enjoyed that. I was about to mention those screen lines but I guess someone already did. Also no wonder it was so hard to translate this, so yeah I agree with this guy the pic is probably fake.
Old September 9th, 2013 (11:43 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
The Pokewalker was useless, IMO. Heck, I never even really opened mine out of the box and used it, not even once. .___. If they're going to include some merchandise that has some sort of connection to the games, I'd much rather it be more useful than a Pokemon pedometer
I found it useful. However I doubt they'll bring it back as the 3DS already has an internal pedometer for counting steps and such.
Old September 10th, 2013 (12:25 AM).
A Scene In Between

I appreciate them for giving us an alternative way to level-up our Pokémon, but PokéWalker just wasn't the best way to do it. It was such a hassle to take your Pokémon in and out of the device constantly. The only time I found myself using PokéWalker was when I played SoulSilver for the first time. After that, I left it in my drawer and forgotten about its existence. xD"
Old September 10th, 2013 (02:49 AM).

IT'S RUMOR TIMEEEE!!!!!

Mega Mewtwo (Pure Forme). In addition to Mega Mewtwo, a second Mega Evolution of Mewtwo exists which is much smaller and friendlier looking, with its tail wrapping around its body. It is Psychic-type, and has "Magic Guard". It is said that Trainers who have proven themselves to have strong hearts may bear witness to this Forme that, while small, is rumored to possess extremely potent psychic powers.

Mega Magcargo. It becomes Fire-type as it breaks out of its shell, resembling a larger fiery snail with the back of its body bubbling up with heat bubbles. It gains a boost in Special Attack and has Flash Fire as an Ability. It is described as its body raising to excessive temperatures that prevent it body from cooling down whatsoever.

Mega Drifblim. It is Ghost/Flying, and its upper body swells to a larger size and it has six "arms" now instead of two, but mostly stays the same looking. The larger size gives it stronger Defense and Special Defense than before, and it has a new Ability, "Sky High", which prevents it from being grounded. It is described as its body swelling to massive sizes as it takes to the air to heights that most Pokemon are incapable of reaching.

Mega Jynx. It is Ice/Psychic, and its body slims down and it has a more "hotter" look to it, with its hair turning an icy silver. Its slimmer size gives it more Speed, and it also has stronger Special Attack, and has Cute Charm as an Ability as it has an alluring look to it. It is described as using its Psychic powers to create a strange illusion that gives it a beautiful look that no Pokemon can resist.
Old September 10th, 2013 (02:55 AM).
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote originally posted by lqkbook239:
IT'S RUMOR TIMEEEE!!!!!

Mega Mewtwo (Pure Forme). In addition to Mega Mewtwo, a second Mega Evolution of Mewtwo exists which is much smaller and friendlier looking, with its tail wrapping around its body. It is Psychic-type, and has "Magic Guard". It is said that Trainers who have proven themselves to have strong hearts may bear witness to this Forme that, while small, is rumored to possess extremely potent psychic powers.

Mega Magcargo. It becomes Fire-type as it breaks out of its shell, resembling a larger fiery snail with the back of its body bubbling up with heat bubbles. It gains a boost in Special Attack and has Flash Fire as an Ability. It is described as its body raising to excessive temperatures that prevent it body from cooling down whatsoever.

Mega Drifblim. It is Ghost/Flying, and its upper body swells to a larger size and it has six "arms" now instead of two, but mostly stays the same looking. The larger size gives it stronger Defense and Special Defense than before, and it has a new Ability, "Sky High", which prevents it from being grounded. It is described as its body swelling to massive sizes as it takes to the air to heights that most Pokemon are incapable of reaching.

Mega Jynx. It is Ice/Psychic, and its body slims down and it has a more "hotter" look to it, with its hair turning an icy silver. Its slimmer size gives it more Speed, and it also has stronger Special Attack, and has Cute Charm as an Ability as it has an alluring look to it. It is described as using its Psychic powers to create a strange illusion that gives it a beautiful look that no Pokemon can resist.
''It is described''Does that mean that they will have their own Pokedex entries?

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old September 10th, 2013 (03:10 AM).

IT'S RUMOR TIMEEEE!!!!!

Where are these rumors from?
Old September 10th, 2013 (03:21 AM).

Quote originally posted by BeefTaco:
Where are these rumors from?
I found it on some serebii forum.

And i just thought: Mewtwo needs Mega Stone (Mewtwonite maybe???) to become Mega Mewtwo. But if Mewtwo has max happiness (or play with it in poke amie , or something else), it will Mega Evolves to the second Mega Form, while regular Mewtwo just become the first Mega Form!!!
Old September 10th, 2013 (03:33 AM).
dreamme,myWorld
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
I also read these same rumors from Bulbagarden, though I'm not sure if those are actual rumors or just speculation.

And I'm indifferent on Mewtwo relies on happiness to evolve (seems kinda cheesy to me), but it's not a bad concept, I suppose? o.o

» my dreamiverse
Old September 10th, 2013 (04:16 AM).
coven
Platinum Tier

Mega Magcargo would definitely be beneficial for that Pokémon, losing it's Rock type and having a stat boost would make it a much better Fire type than it already is.
Old September 10th, 2013 (04:51 AM).
dreamme,myWorld
Platinum Tier

I'm only really disappointed in the possibility of a MegaDrifblim. It wouldn't be so bad if its ability wasn't pointless. At least make it have some sort of immunity against some of its weaknesses, or have it like half damage from attacks or something since its defenses are so pitiful. Giving it an ability that basically nullifies what Drifblim is already immune to doesn't make sense to me. Gravity isn't that common is it?

» my dreamiverse
Old September 10th, 2013 (05:03 AM).
A Scene In Between

What would be the difference between Sky High and Levitate? Would Sky High prevent a couple of extra moves from being landed on you?

Also, if the rumors are true, then I'm really looking forward to Mega Jynx. I've always wanted to see Jynx get an evolution, but since it's not getting one, a MegaEvolution would definitely make a good substitute. What I don't like about its Mega form is the type combination, which remains exactly the same as its normal form. I would've liked it better if it was pure ice-type. That way, many of its weaknesses would've been eliminated.
Old September 10th, 2013 (05:42 AM).
dreamme,myWorld
Platinum Tier

Quote:
What would be the difference between Sky High and Levitate? Would Sky High prevent a couple of extra moves from being landed on you?
It basically makes you immune to moves such as Gravity and Smack Down, and other such moves that would normally make Levitating and flying type users vulnerable to ground-types moves and the such. Basically, Sky high would negate "Grounded" status.

....Which I see as pointless on Drifblim anyhow. .__.; I suppose.

» my dreamiverse
Old September 10th, 2013 (06:52 AM). Edited September 10th, 2013 by Lyberty.

Nature: Calm
I like the idea of another eeveelution. It makes sense because they always have two new Eevee forms when they decide to make more eeveelutions. They also are always one stronger against the other. This means that there are two options. Eevee fans get their dragon Eevee or they get whatever type will be strong against fairy. Many suggest poison. Either way it's going to be awesome. For all we know, it could be another type that's good against fairy.
Old September 10th, 2013 (07:26 AM).
Silver Tier

IT'S RUMOR TIMEEEE!!!!!

I think it makes sense that Mewtwo is shrinking during it's MegaEvolutions as it's an imperfect clone of Mew even though it's stronger than Mew.
Old September 10th, 2013 (02:12 PM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Nature: Quirky
IT'S RUMOR TIMEEEE!!!!!

It looks like Mega Magcargo is the worst of the four, because it doesn't say anything about increasing its speed, which he's still slow and vulnerable to its three most common weaknesses.
Old September 10th, 2013 (02:58 PM).
Silver Tier

If MegaJynx is real it's stat changes will make it dangerous as it'll likely become a special sweeper.
Old September 10th, 2013 (04:10 PM).
A Scene In Between

Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
It looks like Mega Magcargo is the worst of the four, because it doesn't say anything about increasing its speed, which he's still slow and vulnerable to its three most common weaknesses.
It honestly isn't too bad, in my opinion. Magcargo's Special Attack got increased, so when it uses moves such as Hidden Power, Lava Plume, and Flamethrower, it'd be able to deal a heavy amount of damage to the opponent. Also, it has the Flash Fire ability, so when you're expecting your foe to use a fire-type move against you, you could always switch to this Pokémon and have the power of its own fire-type attacks risen by fifty percent. d:
Old September 10th, 2013 (07:44 PM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Nature: Quirky
Welp, it's been confirmed that the list for the other Mega Evolutions from a few days ago is a fake by the creator of said list at 4chan. I could link the board to provide more evidence, but it'll be 404'd soon by the time the CoroCoro leaks are out.
Old September 10th, 2013 (07:45 PM).
Silver Tier

You know didn't serebii said that the thing Smash was going to show was a secret of MegaEvolution right? Which by the way it's worded sounds like it's not only Mewtwo...and if the rumor of it having a more "pure" stage makes me wonder if the other Megas will too...
Old September 10th, 2013 (11:19 PM).

Quote originally posted by Lyberty:
I like the idea of another eeveelution. It makes sense because they always have two new Eevee forms when they decide to make more eeveelutions. They also are always one stronger against the other. This means that there are two options. Eevee fans get their dragon Eevee or they get whatever type will be strong against fairy. Many suggest poison. Either way it's going to be awesome. For all we know, it could be another type that's good against fairy.
I don't think they will reveal a new type this late, but if there ever was going to be another type in the future I hope is Alien type. I know people may prefer Sound type, but Alien type just seems like a more interesting concept with Deoxys' existence. It could be like Dragon type in a way, where is very powerful but very rare outside of legendaries.
Old September 11th, 2013 (12:00 AM). Edited September 11th, 2013 by Peitharchia.
A Scene In Between

If they were to introduce another type, then I would actually like to see plastic, which would be super-effective to fire-types and immune to electric. This type could be given to Pokémon like Voltorb and Electrode. A dinosaur-type would also be cool. It'd be kind of similar to dragon, but it wouldn't be weak to ice- and fairy-types. It would be super-effective to rock instead. All Pokémon that are born from fossils could be a part of this type. (:
Old September 11th, 2013 (12:51 AM).

Quote originally posted by Perdition Haze:
If they were to introduce another type, then I would actually like to see plastic, which would be super-effective against fire-types and immune to electric. This type could be given to Pokémon like Voltorb and Electrode. A dinosaur-type would also be cool. It'd be kind of similar to dragon, but it wouldn't be weak to ice- and fairy-types. It would be super-effective against rock instead. All Pokémon that are born from fossils could be a part of this type. (:
Actually it would make more sense if fire was super-effective against plastic.
If it was up to me, a new type would be sound, which is kind of unofficialy exist...
Old September 11th, 2013 (02:27 AM).
Silver Tier

Well I'm surprised steel seems to have lost two type resistances against two existing types if the corocoro leaks are real.
Old September 11th, 2013 (02:29 AM).

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
Well I'm surprised steel seems to have lost two type resistances against two existing types if the corocoro leaks are real.
Yeah I didn't expect that either, completely out of left field. Ghost types got a boost this Gen.
Old September 11th, 2013 (02:44 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by BeefTaco:
Yeah I didn't expect that either, completely out of left field. Ghost types got a boost this Gen.
Yeah...now Giratina can hit Dialga harder...leaving Palkia as the one who's the least useful against Dialga in the chemistry between the creation trio.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)