The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 11th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
It looks like Mega Magcargo is the worst of the four, because it doesn't say anything about increasing its speed, which he's still slow and vulnerable to its three most common weaknesses.
you do realize that magcargo is in no way supposed to be fast right? im personally okay with this.
Old September 11th, 2013, 05:12 AM
CliCliW
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
you do realize that magcargo is in no way supposed to be fast right? im personally okay with this.
I agree: Once he's a bulky defensive Pokemon, speed isn't entirely necessary. A mega evolution could see him improve both his defenses and Spc.Attack better though, which wouldn't be bad

Are we going to have better names for the Megas than just "Mega Mewtwo", for example?

Deceased:

Old September 11th, 2013, 05:19 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliCliW View Post
I agree: Once he's a bulky defensive Pokemon, speed isn't entirely necessary. A mega evolution could see him improve both his defenses and Spc.Attack better though, which wouldn't be bad

Are we going to have better names for the Megas than just "Mega Mewtwo", for example?
It's practically confirmed that all of them will have Mega in their names...
However for Mewtwo we should start reffering to it's Y Mega as Mega Mewtwoy and X Mega as Mega Mewtwox
Old September 11th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Looks like that list that was shown before really is coming true. (The Mega Pokemon list a few pages back).
Old September 11th, 2013, 11:06 AM
XSky RiderX
'That Guy'

I wouldn't mind if that list were to come true. While I can think of others that can use the Mega Evolution mechanic, the ones on the list are great.

Also, I just want to remind everyone how accurate that rumor back in May is... First Fairy type, then Mewtwo having two forms being activated by items, then the professor giving out the Kanto starters, Sky Battles, EV Training facility... one of the very few things from his initial rumor that is still left unsaid is dual-typed attacks... I hope this is the one he screwed up on and doesn't become an actual thing. There's still the fact that the game could have changed drastically between MAy and now.

Edit: It was May, not February

Last edited by XSky RiderX; September 11th, 2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old September 11th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSky RiderX View Post
I wouldn't mind if that list were to come true. While I can think of others that can use the Mega Evolution mechanic, the ones on the list are great.

Also, I just want to remind everyone how accurate that rumor back in May is... First Fairy type, then Mewtwo having two forms being activated by items, then the professor giving out the Kanto starters, Sky Battles, EV Training facility... one of the very few things from his initial rumor that is still left unsaid is dual-typed attacks... I hope this is the one he screwed up on and doesn't become an actual thing. There's still the fact that the game could have changed drastically between MAy and now.

Edit: It was May, not February
He was wrong about the professor though. Sycamore according to the rumor was not the regional professor which has long since been stated to be false.
Old September 11th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Community Supporter

It's interesting how Corocoro no longer mentions the type of Parting shot, Geomancy, and Oblivion Wing...I sure hope those aren't the rumored two type moves...
Old September 11th, 2013, 11:34 AM
XSky RiderX
'That Guy'

If by dual-typed, they meant attacks that change in type depending on certain conditions, then I'm okay with it. I just don't want an attack to factor two types simultaneously in the damage output. I can't give a compelling reason why I'm against it, but it would just make things weird.

And, I noticed he did indeed list two professors... Patrice was the one that's been false. So, I guess the "main" rumor has a bit of fallacies to it. I wonder if the cat Pokemon we've been shown is really Espurr, the one he listed. Oh, and the evolution methods to Malamar and Pangoro have been proven true from an official Spanish magazine.

Last edited by XSky RiderX; September 11th, 2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old September 11th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSky RiderX View Post
If by dual-typed, they meant attacks that change in type depending on certain conditions, then I'm okay with it. I just don't want an attack to factor two types simultaneously in the damage output. I can't give a compelling reason why I'm against it, but it would just make things weird.

And, I noticed he did indeed list two professors... Patrice was the one that's been false. So, I guess the "main" rumor has a bit of fallacies to it. I wonder if the cat Pokemon we've been shown is really Espurr, the one he listed. Oh, and the evolution methods to Malamar and Pangoro have been proven true from an official Spanish magazine.
You know that magazine also points out that there's a lot of more legends and Kalos...the words 'a lot' makes me think we'll in for another 13-14 if not more...
Old September 11th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
I'd be really disappointed if there are no other evolutions to older Pokemon besides Sylveon. Mega Evolutions shouldn't ruin it! I want my Dunsparce, Seviper, Sigilyph, Palpitoad evolutions!

Btw, what is wrong with Chespin's Evo? Volleyball Pokemon xD
(Pokéxperto was again right with some names, Chespin's Evo's name is correct.)

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)
Old September 11th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post
I'd be really disappointed if there are no other evolutions to older Pokemon besides Sylveon. Mega Evolutions shouldn't ruin it! I want my Dunsparce, Seviper, Sigilyph, Palpitoad evolutions!

Btw, what is wrong with Chespin's Evo? Volleyball Pokemon xD
(Pokéxperto was again right with some names, Chespin's Evo's name is correct.)
I'm guessing the rest of the names are correct too. I hope that the speculation of one of the names refering to an ice wolf is true...I want one so badly.
Old September 11th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Hoenn
» Just a cat and mouse game
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
If those names turned out to be official then odds are the Dual-typed move rumor has a high change of being true too, supported by the fact that some already revealed moves i.e Parting Shot and Geomacy that already have assigned types are listed as unknown "???" in the latest issue.

Old September 11th, 2013, 04:13 PM
hiff8
Gotta Derp em all

I feel like dual type moves would add a new layer of complexity that would not, not not not, appeal to the younger crowd. Everyone (even those with an excellent grasp of types) would have to do a lot of mental math when using a dual type attack on a dual type pokemon, i'd be a mess.

Quick, what would A Fire/Ice type attack do to a Steel/Bug pokemon

Ok sooo, Fire is 2x on both, so we have a 4x then Ice is 2x on bug and .5 on the other sooo, one, so 4x.

fighting/steel on a rock and ground? Mess up one measurement and you may cost you self a battle in this new Pokemon teaches math game.
Old September 11th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
If those names turned out to be official then odds are the Dual-typed move rumor has a high change of being true too, supported by the fact that some already revealed moves i.e Parting Shot and Geomacy that already have assigned types are listed as unknown "???" in the latest issue.
I don't remember seeing them say what type Parting Shot was when it was revealed. Serebii still has it as ??? since release. As for Geomancy I can't say I've seen where they said its type either. I always thought that everyone just assumed it was Fairy Type since its Xerneas' signature attack. Same with Oblivion Wing.

Other than that Parting Shot's type was never revealed.
Old September 11th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiff8 View Post
I feel like dual type moves would add a new layer of complexity that would not, not not not, appeal to the younger crowd. Everyone (even those with an excellent grasp of types) would have to do a lot of mental math when using a dual type attack on a dual type pokemon, i'd be a mess.

Quick, what would A Fire/Ice type attack do to a Steel/Bug pokemon

Ok sooo, Fire is 2x on both, so we have a 4x then Ice is 2x on bug and .5 on the other sooo, one, so 4x.

fighting/steel on a rock and ground? Mess up one measurement and you may cost you self a battle in this new Pokemon teaches math game.
Ice is 2x on Bug? Is this a change? As before Ice was 1 x against Bug...
Old September 11th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Spoiler:

Whoooa! ING accidently revealed these 2 pictures! It's name is Pyroar and no other information is known. It looks Fire/Normal to me, and most likely has the Intimidate ability. It's design is so freaking awesome! This would be Arcanine's buddy :3
I also hope Litleo had a middle evolution, as Pyroar looks like it is a final.

No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Old September 11th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Spoiler:

Whoooa! ING accidently revealed these 2 pictures! It's name is Pyroar and no other information is known. It looks Fire/Normal to me, and most likely has the Intimidate ability. It's design is so freaking awesome! This would be Arcanine's buddy :3
I also hope Litleo had a middle evolution, as Pyroar looks like it is a final.
Speaking of Arcanine do you think Pyroar be obtained by evolving it's pre evolution by Fire stone? I hope it's a three member line too and that it's final is a stone evolution as the Fire stone is the only stone that hasn't evolved a Pokemon of a three stage line...

I think there should be more evolutions by stone, especially those that are barely used like Thunderstone which only evolves three Pokemon... two of which are Gen 1 Pokemon and whose evolutions were introduced in said generation.
Old September 11th, 2013, 10:51 PM
toxictwinkie
Mini moose will rule you all

Pyroar...I dislike the style of maine so I am hoping there is a female equivalent without the maine. Though it is starting to grow on me.
Old September 11th, 2013, 11:48 PM
BlueNwz

Loving the design of Chiogorasu!! Based On Allosaurus. How cool is that? Cannot wait to see its final evolution!Will be a monster!
Also i think Pyroar is the final form of Litleo. I am guessing.

Last edited by BlueNwz; September 12th, 2013 at 08:49 AM.
Old September 12th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Quote:
Spoiler:
That's an amazing-looking Pokémon. I love it. <3 It reminds me a lot about Mufasa, one of the main characters from Lion King. I imagine its pre-evolved form to look kind of like Simba, who is Mufasa's son. I'm hoping for its type to be fire and rock, since we don't really have any Pokémon with this particular type combination other than Magcargo. I wouldn't mind if it turns out to be fire and ground, either.
Old September 12th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Res

Nature: Calm
The full Pokedex can be revealed at any moment now right? since there's like just 1 month left...
Old September 12th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Hoenn
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
I don't remember seeing them say what type Parting Shot was when it was revealed. Serebii still has it as ??? since release. As for Geomancy I can't say I've seen where they said its type either. I always thought that everyone just assumed it was Fairy Type since its Xerneas' signature attack. Same with Oblivion Wing.

Other than that Parting Shot's type was never revealed.
My mistake, I thought those moves already got assigned types i.e Geomacy being Fairy-type etc.

As for Pyroar I'm hoping that's real, it looks and sounds awesome and it's an actual Lion!

Old September 12th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Back to the possible dual-type moves;
Parting Shot is most likely Fighting, and its "dual typing" would be Dark, so it is also super effective against Psychic (Since Fighting is not very effective)
Geomancy is a Fairy type move, and could be SE against the Poison type. (Again, Fairy is NVE against Poison)
And finally Oblivion Wing. It's a Dark-type move and could be SE against Fighting.

It is like these moves have a secondary typing, Parting Shot SE against Psychic is like it would be part Dark type. But is not Dark, because it is a Fighting type move. Being SE against a type it shouldn't be is like a side effect. Get it?

P.S. Clemont has a Dedenne. Now we're at least 100% sure he is Electric-type leader.

Old September 12th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Hoenn
Community Supporter

Quote:
Back to the possible dual-type moves;
P.S. Clemont has a Dedenne. Now we're at least 100% sure he is Electric-type leader.
Dedenne is part Fairy type, he could just as easily be the Fairy type Gym Leader.

Old September 12th, 2013, 06:12 AM
BeefTaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Dedenne is part Fairy type, he could just as easily be the Fairy type Gym Leader.
This is possible, but lets be honest all the clues lead on that he will most definitely be an Electric Gym Leader.

His design is very reminiscent with Electric Gym Leaders. He uses the color yellow in his clothes, his hair is blonde and that little strand of hair on the top of his head I think is in the shape of a lighting bolt. Lets not forget the fact that he uses some kind of electro mechanical arm and something that appears to be an antenna. There is nothing in his design that tells me he could be tied in with Fairy type.

The other type people where speculating him to be was Steel type, but with an Electric/Fairy type on his team that might not be the case.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here