Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 16th, 2013, 02:51 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
[...] they should give more Megas to weak Pokémon.
Quote:
I feel that in order to catch up they'll need to have two evolutions plus a Mega...as that's how left behind they are...
All of this. So much.

I understand the idea of giving popular Pokémon in the fandom mega evolutions. It's basic marketing strategy. However, a lot of popular Pokémon tend to be strong ones, and by making the stronger Pokémon stronger only causes the weaker Pokémon to become weaker and go further unnoticed and unused. I wish they would have taken this chance to use mega evolutions as a way to shine more light on those lesser used Pokémon rather than give it to the ones who really don't need it (i.e. Mewtwo, Lucario, Garchomp). The starters, I can understand.

Don't get me wrong, I think some of these new designs for these Pokémon are awesome, but it just doesn't feel genuine or well deserved in my opinion.

On the other hand, I am glad for some of the Pokémon who got mega evolutions, like Mawile and Absol for instance. These are Pokémon who had the potential to be great before and are finally reaching said potential now. That poster with the rumored list of Pokémon to get mega evolutions had a good number of potentials on it as well. So I would be okay if that turned out to be real even if there are some other overused Pokémon on there who don't really need them.
Old September 16th, 2013, 02:58 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I was also (and still am) one of those people that want mega evos to be given to underrated pokes. Name any poke that's underwhelming: Farfetch'd, Tauros/Miltank (to some extent), Dunsparce, the whole nine yards. It's kind of disappointing that the already strong Pokemon are given megaevos, but I'm not too let down because they look cool, so it's whatever in my eyes. xD;

It seems like they're not forgetting the lesser used Pokes, since they've given megaevos to Kanga, Absol, as well as Mawile and Ampharos, and that goes to show that even some lesser-used Pokemon that didn't even cross people's minds are perfectly able to get them. Let's just hope this particular trend continues, so to speak. .__.;
Old September 16th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I think Dunsparce is the most sought after Pokémon to get a Mega Evolution, if this were to happen I think pretty much 99% of the fan base would support it.
Old September 16th, 2013, 06:06 AM
MrGriszell
Madara

Idk I think if they gave mega evolutions to unpopular pokemon no one would care.
I mean I doubt mega clafable mega golem mega or mega watchogg would of had the same reaction to the current mega evolutions we have now

I want them to reveal a 6 on 6 pokemon battles it would use the same type of battle as FF tactics and pokemon conquest .
Old September 16th, 2013, 07:06 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Well it was the Pokémon "Gotta Catch'Em All site" after all.
Stand for Life
Old September 16th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I don't really support Dunsparce getting a Mega, he needs an evo. Now if they change his typing like they did to Mawile, I may support it a little more. I would get over it in time, but I just want him to get an Evo, and not a Mega
Friend Code - 2251 4942 3229
Friend Safari Pokemon - Abra, Espurr, and Duosion
Pm me with your FC so I can add you if you add me.
Old September 16th, 2013, 09:40 AM
MrGriszell
Madara

I heard that the the major difference between versions will be in the story.
Apparently their are two different stories for X and Y.
Stuff like gym leaders are the same but the order you battle them are different.
You'll also fight different version of team flare for each.
And unlike other games there is actually a post came story that takes place after your champion, but the post stories are completely different between the versions.
And also lets say you beat X you can transfer a lesser version of the post game story to a new game in pokemon Y( kinda like the key system in BW2 ) and have a side story in the beginning of the game which affects the main storyline and post storyline as well.( vice versa with Y)

I'm kinda excited this means your play thru with X and Y won't be the same but if you start a new game with either it will also be diffrent. So We can play XY twice and have 4 different stories.

Oct 12 can't come soon enough
Old September 16th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
That all sounds really good, but who's the source to such a delicious rumor? I'd love for it to be true, but I'm more than hesitant to believe a word said.
Old September 16th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Having alternate storylines for each version would be a great idea, it makes each version differ from the other rather than just having version exclusives.
Old September 16th, 2013, 09:53 AM
MrGriszell
Madara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
That all sounds really good, but who's the source to such a delicious rumor? I'd love for it to be true, but I'm more than hesitant to believe a word said.
Well Im aware of two sources, who I'm sure doesn't know each other. Waiting for the 3rd. But it's supposed to be revealed during the pokemon origin airing. There is a connection to Kanto that team flare has. All the stuff I'm reading is pretty cool. Story is real deep

Ok the leader of team rocket Giovanni will be back story wise

Sh#t just got real lol!!!

Edit: 2:06pm Silver is in it also!!!!!!!!!??????? What.
Working on getting pictures up , because if you don't have pictures you don't have anything

Last edited by MrGriszell; September 16th, 2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:00 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGriszell View Post
Well Im aware of two sources, who I'm sure doesn't know each other. Waiting for the 3rd. But it's supposed to be revealed during the pokemon origin airing. There is a connection to Kanto that team flare has. All the stuff I'm reading is pretty cool. Story is real deep

Ok the leader of team rocket Giovanni will be back story wise

Sh#t just got real lol!!!

Edit: 2:06pm Silver is in it also!!!!!!!!!??????? What.
Working on getting pictures up , because if you don't have pictures you don't have anything
I'm certainly hoping for the link.

Giovanni's backstory? Is that for the Origins right? If so that's pretty cool.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Flare were connected to Kanto...though I don't like it...it feels like Kalos is being hijacked by the other K region...
Stand for Life
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:18 AM
MrGriszell
Madara

Quote:
I'm certainly hoping for the link.

Giovanni's backstory? Is that for the Origins right? If so that's pretty cool.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Flare were connected to Kanto...though I don't like it...it feels like Kalos is being hijacked by the other K region...
Well apparently they Guy we saw with team Flare is only the leader in one version. In the other it's a women with red hair. It's weird because she's not any of the ones with a visor ... Did I miss something?
But it seems
Giovani is no longer team rocket .
There are two oldish teenager/ man with long red hair on the same board( i thougt it was silver but there are 2 of them so maybe they are new charecters) it
It Has the scribbles ワタル and シルバー and サカキ on the page along with ルフカンパニー
Does anyone read japanese?
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:35 AM
metalhand

Quote:
Well apparently they Guy we saw with team Flare is only the leader in one version. In the other it's a women with red hair. It's weird because she's not any of the ones with a visor ... Did I miss something?
But it seems
There are two oldish teenager/ man with long red hair on the same board( i thougt it was silver but there are 2 of them so maybe they are new charecters) it
Where did you see those rumors?
Friend Code: 2981-6462-6027
MrGriszell
Madara

Also on a another page フレア団 X ロケット団

エアリス: ポケットモンスターX

クセロシキ:ポケットモンスターY
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote:
But it seems
Can i have the full rumor please?

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:37 AM
MrGriszell
Madara

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhand View Post
Where did you see those rumors?
I'm looking at them now on a computer, not the Internet . I'm gonna load pictures tho
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Alternate storylines would be awesome, but links and sources would at least be appreciated. .___. Because of the number of fake rumors that could potentially be floating around on the internet, I'm afraid your word alone just isn't enough.
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:39 AM
MrGriszell
Madara

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
Can i have the full rumor please?
I'm working on getting full copies of the pages up
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:39 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote:
I'm looking at them now on a computer, not the Internet . I'm gonna load pictures tho
Please now i will lose my sleep.

Old September 16th, 2013, 11:41 AM
MrGriszell
Madara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Alternate storylines would be awesome, but links and sources would at least be appreciated. .___. Because of the number of fake rumors that could potentially be floating around on the internet, I'm afraid your word alone just isn't enough.
I'm with you. I won't say who I got it from but I'm working on posting the pages with pictures
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:42 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

What?!One of the names you posted belongs to Silver!

Old September 16th, 2013, 11:54 AM
MrGriszell
Madara

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
What?!One of the names you posted belongs to Silver!
I thought so but there are two people with red hair. What does the other one say .

Also I here's one more thing

リーグ優勝者 団

Can you translate ?
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:58 AM
metalhand

If Giovanni does have a connection to team Flare, its completely possible that his wife belong the organisation, that will explain the origin of silver's red hair.
Friend Code: 2981-6462-6027
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:58 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote:
I thought so but there are two people with red hair. What does the other one say .

Also I here's one more thing

リーグ優勝者 団

Can you translate ?
The champion?Thats what i understand.Daniel or something?
League Champion Daniel.

Old September 16th, 2013, 12:01 PM
MrGriszell
Madara

Also another phrase with Giovanni the red haired women and the team flare guy
家族関係は確かめた
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here