Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old September 17th, 2013 (08:55 AM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Keiran777:
Actually, Fire-types are immune to burn and Ice-types can't be frozen. Now Electric types are immune to Paralyze, and Grass types absorb many Poison and Sleep-inducing moves. The changes actually bring about more balance, imo.
No, Gras types only absorb the status inducing Powder moves. They can still be poisoned by poison sting and those moves, Toxic, can still be put to sleep by Sing, and can be paralyzed by body slam, Glare, or thunder wave. They are just immune to Poison/Sleep Powder, Stun Spore and Spore on top of thier Leech Seed immunity that they've had.

Really stupid that they associate Paralysis with Electric tupes mow though since its never been just their's as it works for normal and grass type attacks as well. Ground should have gained the immunity since its relation to electric types is that same as Steel's to Poison.
Old September 17th, 2013 (09:58 AM).
I'm Nuclear

Electric types being immune to paralysis doesn't make any logical sense...

Steel and Poison being immune to poison? Fine. Heck I even get fire types being immune to burn (sorta. I see burn as in the skin condition.) But not this. What balance does it even bring?

Twitter - Tumblr
Old September 17th, 2013 (10:00 AM). Edited September 17th, 2013 by OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire.
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by XanderO:
No, Gras types only absorb the status inducing Powder moves. They can still be poisoned by poison sting and those moves, Toxic, can still be put to sleep by Sing, and can be paralyzed by body slam, Glare, or thunder wave. They are just immune to Poison/Sleep Powder, Stun Spore and Spore on top of thier Leech Seed immunity that they've had.

Really stupid that they associate Paralysis with Electric tupes mow though since its never been just their's as it works for normal and grass type attacks as well. Ground should have gained the immunity since its relation to electric types is that same as Steel's to Poison.
You're right Ground should be resistant to the other paralyze moves too as the fan explanation for electric types having it also applies on them seeing how they absorb electricity and electrical waves without any effect...

Back in Gen II Steel types could get poison by Twineedle so maybe next generation Ground types will immune to all the paralysis moves.
Old September 17th, 2013 (10:23 AM).
Fictional Writer.

Nature: Quiet
Actually, now that I think about it, Electric types shouldn't be totally immune to paralyzing.

It should be more so like electric attacks that can paralyze them, shouldn't be able to paralyze them. Such as Thunder Wave and the ability Static. However, they should still be paralyzed by other non electric attacks that paralyze them such as glare, body slam, dragonbreath, ect. If that makes any sense. Hard to explain on the internet.

Darker Than It Seem..
Shadow: (Fighting/Fire)
Party: Noivern, Lucario, Glacieon, and Krokorok

Phoena: (Water/Ground)
Party: Swanna, Poliwrath and Vaporeon.
Old September 17th, 2013 (10:27 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Iceman3317:
Actually, now that I think about it, Electric types shouldn't be totally immune to paralyzing.

It should be more so like electric attacks that can paralyze them, shouldn't be able to paralyze them. Such as Thunder Wave and the ability Static. However, they should still be paralyzed by other non electric attacks that paralyze them. If that makes any sense. Hard to explain on the internet.
I know where you're going. You're saying moves like Body slam and the like should still be able to cause paralisis to Electric types, correct?

Now that I think about it this may make Electric types OP...as they now have a status immunity as well as having only one weakness (which can be removed by using a move, or having levitate)...
Old September 17th, 2013 (10:28 AM).
I'm Nuclear

Yeah, electricity can paralyze, but paralysis isn't all electricty. Some animals use paralysis toxins to paralyze their prey and suck their juices.

They should only be immune to paralysis if it was from an electric attack. But you know, in a sense, electric types aren't even immune to electric attacks so there's reason to have them immune from electrical paralysis either (which is caused from a shock to the nervous system, not electricity.)

Twitter - Tumblr
Old September 17th, 2013 (10:29 AM).
don't lose hope.
Administrator, CS

Nature: Timid
I think it makes sense. Paralysis usually involves the nervous system, which are electrical signals/impulses, and I'd assume electric types have better control over that than other types.
Old September 17th, 2013 (01:42 PM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Nature: Quirky
I don't see how Electric types now being immune to paralysis would make them OP, considering they're still easily KO'd due to the majority of them being fragile speedsters, so one strong move that isn't a Ground move can still knock one down completely. If anything, it's only going to increase more of Magnezone and Rotom's usage in terms of tanking.
Old September 17th, 2013 (02:18 PM).
The EXP-Grinding Trainer

Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
As far as any more Megaevolutions are concerned, I'd like to see one for Sandslash. The poor thing is kind of like an inferior Excadrill, I suppose, so giving it a bit of spotlight wouldn't be a bad thing. A regular evo wouldn't hurt, either.
I'd actually prefer to see a normal evolution for Sandslash become a reality, thank you very much.

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Old September 17th, 2013 (02:24 PM).
Spheal Hacking Administrator

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
I didn't say every move, just some.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old September 17th, 2013 (02:25 PM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum Tier, CS

Quote originally posted by RandomDSdevel:
I'd actually prefer to see a normal evolution for Sandslash become a reality, thank you very much.
Though don't be surprised if there was a megaevolution for it. Doesn't seem like regular evolutions are emphasized as much this generation, and instead, they seem to be showcasing megaevos in their place. As much as I agree with you about Sandslash having a regular evo of some sort, I really don't know the actual chance of that happening. u_u

Old September 17th, 2013 (02:33 PM).

Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
Though don't be surprised if there was a megaevolution for it. Doesn't seem like regular evolutions are emphasized as much this generation, and instead, they seem to be showcasing megaevos in their place. As much as I agree with you about Sandslash having a regular evo of some sort, I really don't know the actual chance of that happening. u_u
They will obviously give Sandshrew a pre-evo just to troll us.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old September 17th, 2013 (02:38 PM).
Silver Tier

I can't imagine how a Sandshrew pre-evo could look like...it's already quite young looking.
Old September 17th, 2013 (03:22 PM).

Nature: Jolly
How did those leaks for bw work out? I can't clearly remember.

Did they start coming out a week before release? Or was it earlier than that?
Old September 17th, 2013 (03:26 PM).
Fictional Writer.

It was like two weeks before the Jap release I think. I don't remember, but the person who did it, got into serious trouble. So I would not get my hopes up on that happening again.

Darker Than It Seem..
Shadow: (Fighting/Fire)
Party: Noivern, Lucario, Glacieon, and Krokorok

Phoena: (Water/Ground)
Party: Swanna, Poliwrath and Vaporeon.
Old September 17th, 2013 (03:50 PM).
The EXP-Grinding Trainer

Quote originally posted by Sabrewulf238:
Also there's too many new type combinations.
What's wrong with new type combinations? I wouldn't mind seeing GameFreak even out how it distributes types among all of the Pokémon in existence by adding more Pokémon that have rarer type combinations to the 'Dex, either.

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Old September 17th, 2013 (04:06 PM).
Silver Tier

It was like two weeks before the Jap release I think. I don't remember, but the person who did it, got into serious trouble. So I would not get my hopes up on that happening again.
I'm hoping they don't...I want to be surprised...also guys especially those of you in the Eastern hemisphere to put spoilers in any threads or comments you make after the games come out where you live...for once we in America get the games last but then again we've enjoyed getting them second or third for too long, so enjoy
Old September 17th, 2013 (04:09 PM).
I just want to go home.
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I'm hoping they don't...I want to be surprised...also guys especially those of you in the Eastern hemisphere to put spoilers in any threads or comments you make after the games come out where you live...for once we in America get the games last but then again we've enjoyed getting them second or third for too long, so enjoy
Yeah I know what it's like, Australia usually got the games second as far as international releases go (except for Red/Blue and Black/White, where we were last) but with X/Y we'll actually be the first which is the first time Australia will be getting the international release first since Gold/Silver. Although I am concerned the Australians playing the games on release date will spoil things for the Americans until the 12th arrives over there.
Old September 17th, 2013 (04:18 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Hikari10:
Yeah I know what it's like, Australia usually got the games second as far as international releases go (except for Red/Blue and Black/White, where we were last) but with X/Y we'll actually be the first which is the first time Australia will be getting the international release first since Gold/Silver. Although I am concerned the Australians playing the games on release date will spoil things for the Americans until the 12th arrives over there.
You guys are actually going to be getting them before the Japanese too! Which is incredible.
Old September 17th, 2013 (04:30 PM).
I just want to go home.
Crystal Tier

You guys are actually going to be getting them before the Japanese too! Which is incredible.
Now that is cool, glad to see Aussies getting to spoil everyone else for a change.
Old September 17th, 2013 (05:04 PM).

It should be more so like electric attacks that can paralyze them, shouldn't be able to paralyze them. Such as Thunder Wave and the ability Static. However, they should still be paralyzed by other non electric attacks that paralyze them such as glare, body slam, dragonbreath, ect. If that makes any sense. Hard to explain on the internet.
I tought the same thing, but my english would mess it up, thanks for explaining, thumbs up.
Old September 17th, 2013 (06:17 PM).

Quote originally posted by MrGriszell:
Also another phrase with Giovanni the red haired women and the team flare guy
家族関係は確かめた
Ik I might seem kinda pissed off but can you tell us the ****ing source or how you got it? I'm pretty sure you're pissing off a lot of people cuz they keep asking for the source and you're dodging the questions and answering with some random rumours. I'm sorry if I kinda ranted a bit but damn this Is annoying. Even if this is true you're acting like a prick and I won't believe you until we get legitimate sources.
Old September 17th, 2013 (06:49 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Ic3Kreemz:
Ik I might seem kinda pissed off but can you tell us the ****ing source or how you got it? I'm pretty sure you're pissing off a lot of people cuz they keep asking for the source and you're dodging the questions and answering with some random rumours. I'm sorry if I kinda ranted a bit but damn this Is annoying. Even if this is true you're acting like a jerk and I won't believe you until we get legitimate sources.
Actually he already admitted it's fake a couple of posts back (not like anyone really believed him xD).
Old September 18th, 2013 (03:33 AM).

Actually he already admitted it's fake a couple of posts back (not like anyone really believed him xD).
OH LOL. Derp. Sorry I didn't see the post xD
Old September 18th, 2013 (06:32 AM).

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by RandomDSdevel:
What's wrong with new type combinations? I wouldn't mind seeing GameFreak even out how it distributes types among all of the Pokémon in existence by adding more Pokémon that have rarer type combinations to the 'Dex, either.
There's nothing wrong with it, I love new type combinations. I was just trying to be realistic. Its not about what gamefreak could or should do but what they actually will do.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)