The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 19th, 2013, 08:43 AM
MrGriszell
Madara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I'm quoting the Polygon interview here "X and Y will include all Pokemon from all previous games, offering the largest selection of Pokemon in any of the series' titles. But only specific Pokemon have Mega Evolutions; older Pokemon — like Mewtwo, Lucario and the Generation One starters — will have Mega Evolutions, but Pokemon newly introduced in X and Y will not. "

I wonder if perhaps they mispoke. As that'll seem like too much...and will of course virtually elmininate the chances of RS and DP remakes...and RG remake remakes...
However it would make for a large dex...
well the kalos dex seemed like it was going to be big.
id assume having the kanto starters and mewtwo would rule out RG remakes
and also a special blazeakin would rule out rs wouldnt it? especially if we get any hoenn legendary in game
Old September 19th, 2013, 09:14 AM
RandomDSdevel

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefTaco View Post
A Dragon Dance set with Aggron would be deathly, specially with its high defenses. The thing that I'm hoping for the most is a Rock type attacking move with a good secondary effect. I could totally see a Rock type move with a Paralyzing secondary effect, something similar to Body Slam where its paralyzed from brute force.
We do need more of these kinds of moves, don't we?

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Old September 19th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
That polygon quote is vague. They could just be stating the obvious in that all previous pokemon will be programmed into the game.

It seems too good to be true that the kalos region would be home to every pokemon. Maybe at a stretch I could see all available except starter pokemon and legendaries.

It does seem like we'll be getting a large amount, maybe the kalos pokedex will have 400-500 pokemon?
Old September 19th, 2013, 09:20 AM
RandomDSdevel

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I feel if they were to be too debuffed it'll defeat the purpose of them being called Stronger forms of the Pokemon. They're suppose to be powerful according to advertisements, so if there's a debuff I don't see it being too significant as to still have them be more Powerful versions of pre existing Pokemon. Also keep in mind that GF is trying to pass them off as evolutions...semi permanent...so while they don't fit our typical view of evolutions they are according to word of creator (GF in this case) technically evolutions.
So, does this foreshadow the removal of the two-evolution limit next generation if the fans like Mega Evolutions?

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Old September 19th, 2013, 09:24 AM
MrGriszell
Madara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
That polygon quote is vague. They could just be stating the obvious in that all previous pokemon will be programmed into the game.

It seems too good to be true that the kalos region would be home to every pokemon. Maybe at a stretch I could see all available except starter pokemon and legendaries.

It does seem like we'll be getting a large amount, maybe the kalos pokedex will have 400-500 pokemon?
whats so vague about all pokemon will be available in XY ? i dont think masuda would fly 5334 miles and 11 hours on a plane to state the obvious sir
Old September 19th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I do not think they mean right away. A good amount will probably be after you beat the game. The train is lible to take you to some place where you can catch a ton of pokemon.
Old September 19th, 2013, 09:39 AM
MrGriszell
Madara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman3317 View Post
I do not think they mean right away. A good amount will probably be after you beat the game. The train is lible to take you to some place where you can catch a ton of pokemon.
Oh yea of course .
Frankly I don't want all pokemon to be available in XY . I kinda a blue and emerald remake/sequel
Old September 19th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Sabrewulf238

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGriszell View Post
whats so vague about all pokemon will be available in XY ? i dont think masuda would fly 5334 miles and 11 hours on a plane to state the obvious sir
It's vague because it's unclear whether they meant that all pokemon will be programmed into pokemon x y (which is obvious to us) or that they mean all pokemon will be catchable in the kalos region. (which isn't obvious to us)

They're two different scenarios.
Old September 19th, 2013, 09:57 AM
MrGriszell
Madara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
It's vague because it's unclear whether they meant that all pokemon will be programmed into pokemon x y (which is obvious to us) or that they mean all pokemon will be catchable in the kalos region. (which isn't obvious to us)

They're two different scenarios.
That would be like saying you can catch pokemon ( which is obvious to us )

But I do understand where you are coming from.

The thing is the statement right after

X and Y will include all Pokemon from all previous games, offering the largest selection of Pokemon in any of the series' titles.

Hmm but maybe your right maybe it's vague .
Well only a little while longer
Old September 19th, 2013, 10:02 AM
BeefTaco

Nature: Relaxed
All previous pokemon available in X & Y seems iffy to me. Does this include all legendaries and all previous starters?
Old September 19th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGriszell View Post
That would be like saying you can catch pokemon ( which is obvious to us )

But I do understand where you are coming from.

The thing is the statement right after

X and Y will include all Pokemon from all previous games, offering the largest selection of Pokemon in any of the series' titles.

Hmm but maybe your right maybe it's vague .
Well only a little while longer

That can simply mean that the data for all Pokemon exists in the new games...which the data for all pokemon existed in every game to date so its a vague statement.

Like they said it has two meanings, first meaning is something we already know is going to happen and that is that all 700+ Pokemon that currently exist are programmed into this game.

The second meaning is that all 700+ Pokemon are available for capture in some way shape or form in these games.

I find the latter hard to believe as Event Only Pokemon are usually only available for event downloads.

As for Matsuda traveling far to tell us something meaningless....yes he does that on a fairly frequent basis...practically every time he travels with an announcement...its usually something meaningless. We've been lucky to get real news this time for X and Y but he still travels a lot just to tell us about things that really aren't important.
Old September 19th, 2013, 10:24 AM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
The Ice Fossil has an Ice-Type Move that is Super-Effective against Water Type moves?

So this is the so called "Dual-Type attack"?
Old September 19th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowpointQuincy View Post
The Ice Fossil has an Ice-Type Move that is Super-Effective against Water Type moves?

That has nothing to do with "Dual Typing". Its an ability that the attack itself will have that completely ignores type chart relationship of the type of attack and type of Pokemon. Such a thing has been done before in Gens 1, 4, and 5 (I think its these three) where it ignores type and does flat damage. "Dual Typing" would literally have two types present in the attack which this attack does not have. Its an Ice type attack with a special effect against Water type Pokemon, but still only effects other Pokemon types normally.

I wonder if it really will ignore the type match up or nullify Water Type's Resistance causing the attack to do normal damage. If so, its still fairly easy to block with Thick Fat.

Also moves that change type have existed since Generation 2...so that is not "Dual Type attacks" either. If its something new, it'll be brand spanking new and not something we've seen done in past generations like Type changing attacks and attacks with effects that nullify type match up.
Old September 19th, 2013, 10:50 AM
BeefTaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowpointQuincy View Post

Not exactly, like XanderO said its an ice type move that hits water type for 2x damage. I would imagine the water type resistance will not be taken into consideration here since then the attack would not function as is intended.
Old September 19th, 2013, 12:49 PM
DynalMaestro
Eater Of Worlds

Sorry if im interupting but has anyone heard of the starters Rumor

The chespin evolution line is based of a paladin

The fenniken evolution line will be based of a mage

The froakie evolution line will be based of a fighter or an assassin
Old September 19th, 2013, 12:52 PM
metalhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynalMaestro View Post

Yes, right now most people believe this theory is true.
Old September 19th, 2013, 12:53 PM
BeefTaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynalMaestro View Post

Yeah it has being discussed, I for one am hoping Chespin does evolve into a Knight or Paladin since that's my favorite RPG class.
Old September 19th, 2013, 12:57 PM
asmoxi

If we can catch all pokemon in X and Y , do you think this is gonna be the last generation?
Old September 19th, 2013, 01:03 PM
metalhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmoxi View Post
If we can catch all pokemon in X and Y , do you think this is gonna be the last generation?
No, right now X and Y is most succesful game since red and blue, in my opinion its just indrease the chance for new generation.
Also gamefreak introduced alot of new mechanics in the game, it would be a waste if all of this was for just one gen.
Old September 19th, 2013, 01:03 PM
DynalMaestro
Eater Of Worlds

Quote:
No i think the series needs to continue on after X and Y though i dont know what pokemon will come up next,maybe pokemon A,B and C (lol)
Old September 19th, 2013, 01:05 PM
BeefTaco

Quote:
Not a chance, Pokemon is a very fruitful franchise and there's no sign of it slowing down with the inclusion of Pokebank. Also is not clear what it meant "all Pokemon are available", like others have pointed out it could mean that all Pokemon are encoded into the game.
Old September 19th, 2013, 01:14 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefTaco View Post
Not a chance, Pokemon is a very fruitful franchise and there's no sign of it slowing down with the inclusion of Pokebank. Also is not clear what it meant "all Pokemon are available", like others have pointed out it could mean that all Pokemon are encoded into the game.
I sure hope so, I don't want every Pokemon in the game...Maybe it could also mean that the national dex will be available post game unlike RS even though Pokemon transfer won't start until December.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old September 19th, 2013, 01:26 PM
RedJ
[*TRUMPETS INTENSIFY*]

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that all Pokemon really are obtainable in X and Y, considering there's two months in between the X/Y and Pokemon Bank's release, meaning there would be no way to make progress on your PokeDex until then. It would also be a solution for the people who don't want to use Pokemon Bank/Transfer for whatever reason and still want to complete their PokeDex.

Old September 19th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Sabrewulf238

I wonder if having different pokemon appear in different coloured flowers is their way of increasing the amount of pokemon per route without overwhelming the player.

Makes sense if loads of old pokemon are returning.
Old September 19th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
All Pokémon in Kalos wouldn't essentially elimiate the likelyhood of any remakes, they're remade for the sole purpose of making money not to obtain every Pokémon. Anyway back on topic, I think having 700 odd Pokémon available in one game is waaay too much, I'd expect 300-370 tops.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links