Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 21st, 2013 (12:50 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Again let's hope it's not due to lack of electric types early on...Gen V ended up giving Elesa two Emogas...and Gen IV gave Volkner some non-electric Pokemon due to lack of electric types in DP sinnoh.
Old September 21st, 2013 (12:56 PM).
adventure
impossible girl

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
That can't be real, I just don't think Game Freak would design a Pokémon like that. Not to mention the games are exactly three weeks away from being released, I doubt any copies have began circulating just yet.
Well, they did design Grimer, Voltorb, Tangela, Jynx, Honedge, Marshtomp, all the Rotom forms... A lof of pokémon with questionable pokémon-ness. Don't debate my examples here, btw, they are just my personal opinion :p At this point, I'm not really surprised by any new pokémon design GameFreak spews out.
Old September 21st, 2013 (01:17 PM).
BeefTaco

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by manutdrule:
Spoiler:

Not sure if fake?
Looks fake to me, the design just doesn't have any identity (all over the place). Also the fact that the uploader only took one picture (facing forward btw) is suspicious, if I was gonna leak a pokemon while in battle I would show many angles. Having only one angle tells me that the fake picture took a long time to make it look believable and even then it did not look that great.
Old September 21st, 2013 (01:39 PM).
metalhand

Nature: Relaxed
The thing that bother me about this pokemon is that for no reason it is eyes are going up, where all the pokemons we saw till now facing and looking at the camera or the foe's pokemon.
Old September 21st, 2013 (02:40 PM).
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
.Gen V ended up giving Elesa two Emogas...
Her two Emolga strategy was actually clever* and the Flying type negates their main weakness, Ground-Type. If they wanted variety, Joltik/Galvantula is actually ONE town over on the far side of Driftviel.

*By clever, I mean "pain in the butt" to take down!
Old September 21st, 2013 (02:41 PM).
reshilegend

Nature: Calm
Also, it has no shading which doesn't make it look like a 3D model. It looks like the creator put an additional textbox over a screenshot, you can see how the real textbox in the background is curved in both corners and the one he put over it isn't. Hope some of you understand what I'm talking about xD

hi
Old September 21st, 2013 (02:42 PM).
Community Supporter

Well I certainly hope it's fake.
Old September 21st, 2013 (03:58 PM).
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
Again, if that pokemon end up being real, then there will be conflict and they will have to change stuff. I can already see how people are going to act because they get offended way too easily.
Old September 21st, 2013 (05:27 PM).
Heart-eartH

Nature: Modest
I heard that they might have in pokemon x and y Mega arceus and/or mega kyurem

mega arceus = megarceus
Old September 21st, 2013 (06:06 PM).
The Dark Avenger
Gardevourer

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Heart-eartH:
I heard that they might have in pokemon x and y Mega arceus and/or mega kyurem

mega arceus = megarceus
These just sound like fan-made speculations.

Also, welcome to PC. Though, I'll let you know, liking your own post is an unconventional practice.
Old September 21st, 2013 (06:43 PM).
Community Supporter

I read on Pokebeach that there may be a new, easier way to get shinies, and that GF wants to make them pop out.
Old September 21st, 2013 (06:45 PM).
Hikamaru
save yourself
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I read on Pokebeach that there may be a new, easier way to get shinies, and that GF wants to make them pop out.
And I've also been wondering what that method is. I remember B2/W2's Shiny Charm was a Pokedex completion reward that made shiny encounters easier, but I bet this is going to make a lot of people want to get shinies.
Old September 21st, 2013 (07:07 PM).
The Dark Avenger
Gardevourer

I hope shinies are easier to obtain, yet not too easy; then they would be as special!

Though a 1/1000 chance sounds a bit more reasonable to me.

I just read that the pokebeach quote is straight from Masuda! Sounds credible to me
Old September 21st, 2013 (07:15 PM).
Hikamaru
save yourself
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Fenneking:
I hope shinies are easier to obtain, yet not too easy; then they would be as special!

I just read that the pokebeach quote is straight from Masuda! Sounds credible to me
A 1 in 1,000 chance, that seems alright to me. But yeah I would like them being easier to obtain, but not too easy because then that defeats the purpose of them being special. If it was Junichi Masuda who said that quote I guess there is a chance this might be real.
Old September 21st, 2013 (07:17 PM).
MarinoKadame

Maybe they make shinies easier because they have some new rare pokemons different from shinies ?

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old September 21st, 2013 (07:24 PM).
The Dark Avenger
Gardevourer

Quote originally posted by MarinoKadame:
Maybe they make shinies easier because they have some new rare pokemons different from shinies ?
I would love alternative shinies. Like the crystal onyx, pink rhyhorn, and purple kecleon.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_alternately_colored_Pok%C3%A9mon_in_the_anime#Non-standard_alternate_coloration

That's includes a list of non-shiny pokemon that have different coloring and markings from the standard forms. I would love some new rare variation of species.
Old September 21st, 2013 (07:57 PM).
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
I heard a rumor that you can get 3 starters. Does anyone know if this is true?
Old September 21st, 2013 (08:02 PM). Edited September 21st, 2013 by Iceman3317.
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by AdrianD:
You get your normal starter, then you get a Kanto starter early in the game. And you can get a Torchic over WiFi for a few months once the games come out. These have been confirmed.

It is also rumored that one of your main rivals gives you their starter, but nothing has been confirmed, about this one.

I would say a 1/1500 for a RE shiny.
If they made it 1/1000 for RE that would mean that MM Method shinies would even be more common.
Old September 21st, 2013 (08:52 PM).
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
i forgot bout torchic. I am excited for that
Old September 21st, 2013 (09:39 PM).
Community Supporter

If irc the new method is said to make it more common than the MM does...or so they say.
Old September 21st, 2013 (10:05 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Fenneking:

Just because someone said Matsuda says it, doesn't make it credible. I haven't seen any other source site make the same statement, until more than one makes the same claim with actual proof of the statement like an interview posted on the net or a video interview, its all hearsay.

Nothing really wrong with how we get Shiny's now. I personally don't want any more unneeded changes.

Quote originally posted by AdrianD:
You only get 1 Starter. Your starter is the Pokemon you literally start with. You can get a Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle sometime later from Sycamore (Still has yet to be confirmed by officials that it is right after getting to Lumoise or if its like all the other times we got other region starter sets after meeting some kinda criteria.), and we can download Torchic via Wifi from release date until mid January.

While we get two additional "Starter" Pokemon, we only get one real starter. The other are just Pokemon, cause we most likely can catch Pikachu and Eevee in these games if we can assume the Pokemon shown in the videos are catchable and both are recognized as Starter Pokemon as well, though no one ever refers to either as such.

Official site even calls them Classic Partner Pokemon, (I'm guessing the term they use instead of Starter is Partner which kinda makes sense since they are your partners from the very beginning.)

But yes, 1 "Starter" and 1 Classic Partner, and a Torchic. Rumors surfaced that more may be available later on too as we can possibly get our Rival's "Starter".
Old September 21st, 2013 (10:29 PM).
Community Supporter

@ Xander. I agree. It's due to lack of secondary source and citation that I brought it up here. Also they had a translator and we know they've made mistakes in the past (at least Serebii's did).
Old September 21st, 2013 (11:28 PM).
Heart-eartH

Nature: Modest
that would be cool to get torchic with his/her? mega item

also what mega evolutions would you like to see in pokemon x and y?

I really wanted Mega arceus but maybe not
Old September 21st, 2013 (11:49 PM). Edited September 21st, 2013 by Peitharchia.
Peitharchia
& having to receive it

I'd really like to see a MegaEvolution for Skarmory. Once Skarmory transforms itself into its Mega form, it could have its defensive stats lowered a little to increase its Attack and Speed. Skarmory are mostly used for their defenses, but Mega Skarmory would be used more for the offensive side of things. I would also like to see a MegaEvolution form for Breloom, if possible. It could be a little shorter in size compared to its regular form, which would sacrifice some of its Defense, Sp. Defense, and Sp. Attack stats to raise its Speed and help it move faster.
Old September 21st, 2013 (11:55 PM).
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Perdition Haze:
I'd really like to see a MegaEvolution for Skarmory. Once Skarmory transforms itself into its Mega form, it could have it defensive stats lowered a little to increase its Attack and Speed. Skarmory are mostly used for their defenses, but Mega Skarmory would be used more for the offensive side of things. I would also like to see a MegaEvolution form for Breloom, if possible. It could be a little shorter in size compared to its regular form, which would sacrifice a bit of its Attack and Defense stats to raise its Speed and help it move faster.
I'd personally love to see a MegaEvolution of Tropius. It would have to become a little smaller and probably gain an extra leaf-wing on each side, increasing its speed. It'd also have to gain in Atk and Sp.Atk at the expense of some of its Def and Sp.Def, I dunno how though.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links