The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:35 AM
metalhand

Nature: Relaxed
MegaGengar-He will be slimer for being faster, Also it would be nice if he get increased special attack, but he does it will be really dangerous!
MegaGolem-Boosted HP and special defence, mabye even getting read of his ground typing so he will be less vulnerable(I would prefer that he would lose his rock type but unless he design draticly change, which didn't happan till now in mega evos, I can't see this happaning).
Old September 22nd, 2013, 06:39 AM
LightningrodRhydon

The whole "make shiny's more likely to appear"-thing doest really appeal to me. I really want them to be special. Maybe having to do some really hard challenge to make shiny encounters more likely would be fine for me, but I shouldn't be something easy to do.

Old September 22nd, 2013, 08:42 AM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

I hope Masuda Method is back and more powerful than ever! Let's go from 1 in 1366 to 1 in 800! As much as I love shinies and their rarity, the point is, if you Masuda, you WILL eventually get a shiny. (I did it, got a shiny Smeargle after 665 eggs.) So, if you speed that up, so that we can get them after 200, we'll have more time to hunt for more...with school and all, I would love this to happen.

Other than that, wild encounters should still be 1 in 8192...
Old September 22nd, 2013, 08:51 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
While I firmly believe Shiny Pokémon should be kept to a rare find, I've always felt like the wild encounter rate (1 in 8192) was a bit much. I wouldn't be totally against it if that came down a bit.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 08:59 AM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
i've seen 3 Shineys in the wild and caught them... over 1500 hours betwwen all the DS games. That is rare stuff. I've never had legit Pokerus... or maybe once.

Shinies are only interesting because they are rare, but.... maybe once in a hundred hours maybe?
Old September 22nd, 2013, 09:24 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I also tend to run into a shiny in nearly every game...wonder if I'll be lucky enough to find one in Y...

I don't think all Megas should sacrifice something, just the very strong ones like MegaMewtwo and MegaGarchomp.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 10:01 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I ran into 2 shinies in HG is about 60 hours of game play and have a few others MMed.

In BW2 we get the Shiny Charm after we finish the Dex, which really isn't all that hard if you are on here, but I understand what you all mean. Right now in BW2 the chances are 1 in 2730.6 with RE's and 1 in 1024 with MM. Which is already low enough.

But if they make different shiny forms for each pokemon, then I can see it going slightly lower.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 10:01 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I ran into 2 shinies in HG is about 60 hours of game play and have a few others MMed.

In BW2 we get the Shiny Charm after we finish the Dex, which really isn't all that hard if you are on here, but I understand what you all mean. Right now in BW2 the chances are 1 in 2730.6 with RE's and 1 in 1024 with MM. Which is already low enough.

But if they make different shiny forms for each pokemon, then I can see it going slightly lower.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 11:36 AM
Community Supporter

I remember Shinies were in the list in one of the trailers of the parts that made up the series. Several of those things have gotten changes such as Types, 151 (some getting Megas), etc.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:10 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I've encountered a shiny on 4 occasions in the wild. (caught 3 of them) First was a Rhyhorn in Gold, but I didn't catch it because I didn't know what it was. Second was a Kecleon in Sapphire. Third was a Carvanha while I was searching for a feebas in Ruby. The fourth and most recent was a Kriketune in soul silver.

I suppose I must be pretty lucky then. I wouldn't mind if shinies became a little less rare, I think there's some room for that without them losing what makes them special.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 03:01 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman3317 View Post

It will be interesting to see different versions of shiny Pokémon this generation compared to the ones thus far.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 11:23 PM
MarinoKadame

Can't believe people still think Yvonne and Xavier are only demo names and Callem and Serena are their true names.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old September 23rd, 2013, 12:32 AM
Black Dynamite
Resident Noob

Nature: Adamant
hmm, using the pokeradar after a 40 chain it becomes very likely doesn it?
i think the base stat for a shiny and pokerus is over the top. i've seen 3 shinies in my 13 years of pokemon. a shiny corphish/crawdaunt, stantler and..... it's been so long i can;t even remember the other one :/

1 in 8192? i think 1 in 3000 is a good base but keep the pokeradar chains to around 35+
Old September 23rd, 2013, 03:47 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoKadame View Post
Can't believe people still think Yvonne and Xavier are only demo names and Callem and Serena are their true names.
Calem or Serena will be your rival's name.I suppose that Xavier/Calem and Serena/Yvonne will be those default names we chose at the beginning.

White 2:4814-8483-7594

3DS:4871 4138 8216

Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old September 23rd, 2013, 06:39 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
While I firmly believe Shiny Pokémon should be kept to a rare find, I've always felt like the wild encounter rate (1 in 8192) was a bit much. I wouldn't be totally against it if that came down a bit.

It should be like, 1 in 3000 chance of finding one. Isn't that still a bit high, but yet not too high that it wouldn't be literally impossible to find one? I think this is kind of a reasonable number. .-.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 07:18 AM
metalhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
It should be like, 1 in 3000 chance of finding one. Isn't that still a bit high, but yet not too high that it wouldn't be literally impossible to find one? I think this is kind of a reasonable number. .-.
yes it is a great number. Like this shiny pokemon still will be super rare but not almost impossible to find.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 07:19 AM
MarinoKadame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
Calem or Serena will be your rival's name.I suppose that Xavier/Calem and Serena/Yvonne will be those default names we chose at the beginning.
I know that it's just some people still think your Trainer and the NPC are the same characters while they are not.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old September 23rd, 2013, 08:04 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Heads up! On September 25th, just two days from now, the official Pokémon Company will be revealing a never-before-seen evolved Pokémon on their Facebook page. Any guesses on what it might be?

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/382172940692762624

Last edited by Guy; September 23rd, 2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 08:27 AM
BlueNwz

A New Pokemon will be revealed on september 25th according to serebii. It is an evolved pokemon apparently. Excited.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 09:36 AM
Community Supporter

I'm hoping it's an old generation Pokemon. However if it's one of Kalos then I'm hoping it'll be Helioptile, I want to see it evolve as currently I fear it may be a one stager like Minun and Plusle
Old September 23rd, 2013, 09:46 AM
metalhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I'm hoping it's an old generation Pokemon. However if it's one of Kalos then I'm hoping it'll be Helioptile, I want to see it evolve as currently I fear it may be a one stager like Minun and Plusle
I really hope its an an evo for pokemon from older generation.
There are pokemon that need normal evolution-not mega.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 09:50 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhand View Post
I really hope its an an evo for pokemon from older generation.
There are pokemon that need normal evolution-not mega.
Same here...maybe a Farfetch'd evolution :3 Or a Dusparce one.
I just realized this...what if it ends up being a pre-evolution of a past Pokemon >_< ?!
Old September 23rd, 2013, 09:57 AM
metalhand

Quote:
Same here...maybe a Farfetch'd evolution :3 Or a Dusparce one.
I just realized this...what if it ends up being a pre-evolution of a past Pokemon >_< ?!
Farfetch'd and Dusparce evos? pfft keep dreaming, if anything gamefreak will troll us with evolution of Lucario lol
about the pre-evo-Oh god please not, pre-evos are the most useless things ever, but it will cheer me up a little because its mean there is a chance more older pokemons get normal evolutions.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 10:00 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhand View Post
Farfetch'd and Dusparce evos? pfft keep dreaming, if anything gamefreak will troll us with evolution of Lucario lol
about the pre-evo-Oh god please not, pre-evos are the most useless things ever, but it will cheer me up a little because its mean there is a chance more older pokemons get normal evolutions.
I thought of that...but then I remembered Hoenn's Pokemon that were connected to past pokemon were all pre-evolutions...maybe they'll troll us by having only Sylveon and the rest the cross-generational lines will be pre-evolutions...

Lol that would be the ultimate trolling seeing how Lucario already has a Mega Evolution xD. Now maybe Zoroark...
Old September 23rd, 2013, 10:05 AM
metalhand

Quote:
I thought of that...but then I remembered Hoenn's Pokemon that were connected to past pokemon were all pre-evolutions...maybe they'll troll us by having only Sylveon and the rest the cross-generational lines will be pre-evolutions...

Lol that would be the ultimate trolling seeing how Lucario already has a Mega Evolution xD. Now maybe Zoroark...
I really hope not, giving only one evo and few pre-evo would be just teasing us...
And in my opinion Zoroark just need mega evo(improved defenses), he is doing right now pretty fine as a fast mix attacker.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links