Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 23rd, 2013 (10:52 AM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I wonder what time zone and time they'll update...if it's the 25th in Japan it'll proably be announced during night here in the U.S.
Old September 23rd, 2013 (11:07 AM).
metalhand

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I wonder what time zone and time they'll update...if it's the 25th in Japan it'll proably be announced during night here in the U.S.
I hope it won't be one again while I'm working, like what happan with every news lately...
Old September 23rd, 2013 (11:29 AM).
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by metalhand:
I hope it won't be one again while I'm working, like what happan with every news lately...
Yeah, I'm hoping it won't be around the same time as last time either...as it's night here where I live when they usually release news.
Old September 23rd, 2013 (12:27 PM).
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
I say it's Oorotto. Looks like an evolved Pokemon imo.
Other scenario; Evolution of past-gen Pokémon :D.
Why would they include 'an evolved form' anyway? Hopes up guys, I'll keep my fingers crossed

GROUND SAFARI

Phanpy
Nincada
Diggersby
Old September 23rd, 2013 (12:41 PM). Edited September 23rd, 2013 by OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire.
Community Supporter

BeefTaco posted this on the Mega thread, I thought it'll be nice to share it here too as not all of the info is about Mega Evolutions. According to him it's the translation of an interview on XY. The traslated post is on Bulbagarden
Spoiler:

1. Pokémon gain experience even when the opposing wild Pokémon is caught. (This was stated in another interview.)
2. Sky Battles are limited to Flying-type Pokémon and those with the Levitate ability (as previously confirmed). Some moves can't be used.
3. There is an adjustment to the inheritence system of breeding.
4. Ghost-type Pokemon can freely escape from battle without being influenced by Shadow Tag. (The official website mentioned trapping moves.)
5. The item Exp.Share will revert to Exp.All as in Generation I, where when one Pokémon holding this item participates in battle, all other Pokémon in the team receive experience as well. Unlike in Generation I, the experience is not split but rather received by all Pokémon. This means that the participating Pokemon receive 100% experience, while non-participating Pokémon receive 50% experience.
6. When distributing new moves and abilities, priority was given to new Pokémon.
7. The CGI style is different from that of Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Battle Revolution, because those games were supposed to emulate "realism within fantasy". Since the handheld Pokémon series is supposed to be accessible to everyone, battles were made "cuter".
8. The standard selection process for Pokémon to be Mega-Evolvable is based on three points: visual looks, popularity and game balance.
9. The power-up of Mega-Evolved Pokemon is meant to elevate them to the class of legendary Pokémon, hence the restriction of only one Pokémon being allowed to hold a Mega Stone during battles.
10. The timing to Mega-Evolve is selectable.

I never played Gen I...but that Exp.Share going back to the old way sounds like it'll be easier to level up Pokemon :3
Old September 23rd, 2013 (01:11 PM).
BeefTaco

Here's the link to the forum which has the translated interview.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/mechanic-changes-155907/
Old September 23rd, 2013 (01:51 PM).
MarinoKadame

It make me laugh that Mega evo is for game balance, popularity and visual look. Most of the Mega are ugly, some pokemon were already OP without the Mega evo and the only truth seems to be the popularity.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old September 23rd, 2013 (01:51 PM).
metalhand

BeefTaco posted this on the Mega thread, I thought it'll be nice to share it here too as not all of the info is about Mega Evolutions. According to him it's the translation of an interview on XY. The traslated post is on Bulbagarden
Spoiler:

1. Pokémon gain experience even when the opposing wild Pokémon is caught. (This was stated in another interview.)
2. Sky Battles are limited to Flying-type Pokémon and those with the Levitate ability (as previously confirmed). Some moves can't be used.
3. There is an adjustment to the inheritence system of breeding.
4. Ghost-type Pokemon can freely escape from battle without being influenced by Shadow Tag. (The official website mentioned trapping moves.)
5. The item Exp.Share will revert to Exp.All as in Generation I, where when one Pokémon holding this item participates in battle, all other Pokémon in the team receive experience as well. Unlike in Generation I, the experience is not split but rather received by all Pokémon. This means that the participating Pokemon receive 100% experience, while non-participating Pokémon receive 50% experience.
6. When distributing new moves and abilities, priority was given to new Pokémon.
7. The CGI style is different from that of Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Battle Revolution, because those games were supposed to emulate "realism within fantasy". Since the handheld Pokémon series is supposed to be accessible to everyone, battles were made "cuter".
8. The standard selection process for Pokémon to be Mega-Evolvable is based on three points: visual looks, popularity and game balance.
9. The power-up of Mega-Evolved Pokemon is meant to elevate them to the class of legendary Pokémon, hence the restriction of only one Pokémon being allowed to hold a Mega Stone during battles.
10. The timing to Mega-Evolve is selectable.

I never played Gen I...but that Exp.Share going back to the old way sounds like it'll be easier to level up Pokemon :3
How weird is it! today I wanted to check something about EXP.Share and heard for the first time about the EXP.All.

Also Ghost escaping Shadow tag won't do serious changes to the meta game, just nerfing Wabbufet
Old September 23rd, 2013 (01:57 PM).
XSky RiderX
'That Guy'

Quote:
1. Pokémon gain experience even when the opposing wild Pokémon is caught. (This was stated in another interview.). A caught Pokémon gives the same experience points as a defeated one.
Ok, so the EXP remains the same. I thought it would include other variables, but this is fine too.

Quote:
Wow, they are making training way too easy, lol. This better compensate for some tough battles, ifunowatimsayin. I like this though, even though I've never personally used Exp. All in R/G/B/Y, but only in hacks like Indigo. I imagine this EXP Share being available late within the game.

Quote:
So basically any Pokemon can get one. I can't cross out any with these three points in mind, besides the 6th generation Pokemon since it's been stated that they won't get any.
Old September 23rd, 2013 (02:02 PM).
BeefTaco

Some extra info that wasn't really addressed in the translation summary. Apparently some moves power and accuracy will be changed, they are prioritizing on special moves for these changes.
Old September 23rd, 2013 (02:37 PM). Edited September 23rd, 2013 by OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire.
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by BeefTaco:
Some extra info that wasn't really addressed in the translation summary. Apparently some moves power and accuracy will be changed, they are prioritizing on special moves for these changes.
I'm hoping Surf power is upped to 100 to make it equal to Earthquake. Also they should give Earthquake to Samurrot and Serperior this generation (Venusaur couldn't learn the move either until Gen III so they can give it to these two final Starter evolutions too this generation)

Edit: Pokebeach posted these new rumors-
Spoiler:

Trusk is a Grass/Rock boar Pokemon with long green tusks coming out of its mouth. He is gruff, has grey skin, and features green leaf-like ears. It has an "adorable" pre-evolution with tiny tusks and a leaf at the end of its tail.
A Normal/Poison porcupine Pokemon named Quillom can be found quite early in the game in the forest. It has white skin with light purple quills. He has a Poison-type quill attack which damages and has a high chance of poison.
A Ghost-type spider Pokemon is found in caves. It is dark gray with blue spots and multiple light grey eyes. It has a feint light blue mist around its abdomen. The source doesn't remember the spelling of its name, but says it was something like "Apparachnid." He thinks it may have an evolution.
There is a Ground-type badger Pokemon that is dark brown with black stripes going up its face. It knows Slash and a new biting move.
Reconfirmation that Froakie's final evolution is Water/Fighting. It looks similar to a poison dart frog. The dark blue now takes over its body almost entirely. There are a few even darker (almost black) spots on his sides and face and it gains more of the bubble foam around its neck and down the back. It's also a bit bulkier. It uses its hind legs a lot and has kicking attacks.
Bunnelby evolves into a Ground/Dark type rabbit that is larger and much rounder. Its color scheme is reversed, with the dark brown now being the prominent color. It can be found in caves. It is useful because you can get it early in the game and use it to evolve Pancham into Pangoro.
Helioptile has an evolution. It is bipedal with a second yellow triangle on its face. Its ears become more jagged and it looks meaner. On its back are what look like spikes with jagged parts at the very top. It can learn a new attack called Thunder Roll, where it rolls up like a wheel and strikes the opponent.
Reconfirmation that Meowstic has a pre-evolution named Espurr. There is no gender differentiation until it evolves. It is mostly white, similar to the female version, with cuter eyes and a single puffy tail. It has a little patch of fur under its head (similar to its evolutions). The fur is dark blueish with little tufts of white in it.
Other Pokemon that are now Fairy-type: the Chansey evolution line, Dunsparce, the Clefairy line, and Togepi's line.
Fairy Dust is a new move that will randomly cause either Paralysis, Poison, Sleep, or Burn.
Like Magneton, Wailmer is part of one of the Super Training Facility games.
Team Flare makes an appearance right at the beginning of the game. On the TV in your house, one of its members talks about fashion and how your Pokemon should match your style. Team Flare's signature music has an eerie accordion sound to it in the opening sequence.
The outfit your character wears at the start is colored to match what you've set as your favorite color in your 3DS settings. It can be changed easily though.
The opening cinematic is in 3D. (Have to mention this since most of the game isn't in 3D. :p) It starts off with Yveltal's cry, which wakes you up. You sit up in your bed. It then pans and there is a shot of your city. Yveltal's shadow goes over it. After that there is some other shots of your town. You seem amazed that you saw Yveltal. It then shows generic in-game shots like you entering a forest with your friends, selecting your starter, running through a cave, etc. After that it shows Sycamore welcoming you. You are standing outside of his lab at the time, then he takes you inside. It then shows him showing you three Poke Balls which leads into a transformation video where it shows all three Kanto starters evolving to their final forms, and then the three of them Mega Evolving. It's a really cool cinematic. The video ends with Yveltal flying with the sun behind him, leading in to the title screen. Team Flare is also shown at some point in the sequence.
On the title screen you can use the analog joystick on your 3DS to change the angle at which you see Xerneas/Yveltal.
Old September 23rd, 2013 (03:26 PM).
Celso
Trainer

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Celso
I'm looking forward to Bunnelby evo, hope it isn't as cute as a Dark type can get.
Old September 23rd, 2013 (03:30 PM).
Community Supporter

The opening sounds cool.
It's strange though that it replaces the Normal typing for two typings though...thus far that hasn't happened (Azurill may be the same this generation though if it's not Normal/Fairy).

Review copies are going around right now so some rumors are bound to pop up with some truth in some of them.
Old September 23rd, 2013 (03:38 PM).
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Interesting rumours...nothing too hard to believe. Are they from the same guy who leaked the squids and meowstic?

I particularly like the sound of the ghost spider, it sounds like something I'd put on my team.
Old September 23rd, 2013 (03:41 PM).
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Sabrewulf238:
Interesting rumours...nothing too hard to believe. Are they from the same guy who leaked the squids and meowstic?

I particularly like the sound of the ghost spider, it sounds like something I'd put on my team.
No it's a different leaker. S/he doesn't remember everything though (as seen with the spider's name) so s/he may be a reviewer if these rumors are true...it also could mean some of the things are off as S/he are reling on their memories.
Old September 23rd, 2013 (03:47 PM).
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
The name of the spider (if correct) looks like it could be a combination of "Apparition" and "Arachnid". It seems like a bit of a mouthful really...
Old September 23rd, 2013 (05:13 PM). Edited September 23rd, 2013 by Iceman3317.
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
If these turn out to be true, I can see a good amount of people getting mad because Helioptile's evo is bipedal.

Meh, I don't like how they say Froakie's final evo is bulkier though. Then again, I guess it could get a little bit bigger. Just hope it isn't like the other frogs.

Also note that Pokebeach has said they have been shown evidence for some, but still could be fake.
Old September 23rd, 2013 (05:33 PM).
Community Supporter

I was expecting Helioptile's evolutionto be quadpedal...now if these rumors are false maybe it will be.

I expect Froakie to be bulkier in appearance like all the other water starters final evolutions thus far.
Old September 23rd, 2013 (05:55 PM).
Peitharchia
& having to receive it

The ghost-type spider Pokémon sounds to be quite awesome, in my opinion. If it has good offensive stats and a decent movepool, then maybe I'll have it become one of my team members. I'm hoping its ability to be Shadow Tag, so that we'll be able to switch into a Pokémon that it is super-effective against and have it faint without allowing the opponent to switch. Arena Trap could work, too, but Shadow Tag would fit this Pokémon better since the ability was designed for ghost-types only. :) Also, I wonder if Fairy Dust just affects the status of your opponents, or if it causes damage to their health as well?
Old September 23rd, 2013 (06:04 PM).
Community Supporter

I think Fairy Dust is a damaging move with the chance to inflict one of the noted status problems.
Old September 23rd, 2013 (06:17 PM).
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

I was expecting Helioptile's evolutionto be quadpedal...now if these rumors are false maybe it will be.

I expect Froakie to be bulkier in appearance like all the other water starters final evolutions thus far.
I hope it is more like Feraligatr though, maybe slightly smaller. With it being a fighting type, I was hoping it be for agile. Oh wow, I still love fighting types, so I will probably still love it. If these are true.

It would be nice to have another Tri Attack move. Maybe 50 power or something so it isn't too over powering.
Old September 23rd, 2013 (06:27 PM).
Community Supporter

Speaking of Tri Attack they should make it stronger...there is that rumor from Bulba that says they're changing the power and accurary of old moves. Maybe 100...or 95.
Old September 23rd, 2013 (06:47 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
I can't see Togepi line's type changing since it'll be the very first full type switch between generations Togetic and Togekiss will have to lose one of their types.

I don't really see Espurr being real either right now. Both Meowstic look as if they'd be perfect for Basic Stage Pokemon.

A lot of the rest sounds really cool, though some seems to conflict with other rumors...which of course causes some doubt to arise.

If I recall this is the US Facebook account doing this. I don't know if they have any other Facebook account, but if its the US it'll be where ever TPCi North America is located.
Old September 23rd, 2013 (07:29 PM).
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
I can't see Togepi line's type changing since it'll be the very first full type switch between generations Togetic and Togekiss will have to lose one of their types.

I don't really see Espurr being real either right now. Both Meowstic look as if they'd be perfect for Basic Stage Pokemon.

A lot of the rest sounds really cool, though some seems to conflict with other rumors...which of course causes some doubt to arise.

If I recall this is the US Facebook account doing this. I don't know if they have any other Facebook account, but if its the US it'll be where ever TPCi North America is located.
One has to admit though that Togepi's line seems like it'll fit right in with the Fairies. I can see it losing it's Normal typing for the Fairy type becoming Fairy/Flying. Also Gen 2 being the only generation to have new types other than this one makes it difficult to set a precedent seeing how only one old Pokemon gained one of the new types (that being Magneton) while no dual type at the time could really fit in with either new type to replace another imo.
Old September 23rd, 2013 (08:33 PM).
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

I can also see Togepi's line losing normal as well.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links