The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 27th, 2013, 11:07 AM
TheNM22
Unhatched Egg

I, personally, sleep whenever I get the chance
Old May 27th, 2013, 12:34 PM
DeuceClubs
Boom Shakalaka

Nature: Relaxed
Well then...

Napping is something I used to love back in Middle School. Back then, sleeping was my favorite thing to do. Now I barely have time for that. Things to do, things to see....people to talk to! But recently I've been taking plenty of naps, so yes. Maybe once a day. I always take naps thinking it will take me 10 minutes or so, but I drift off and end up waking up an hour or two later, which is a hassle when I realize that I have work to complete. D:

As for feeling awake, I honestly feel weaker. I feel energized after a good night sleep, but naps make me feel like having another nap. Is it weird? No? I don't know. I try to avoid them, but it just happens. Although whenever somebody wakes me up, and not myself, I feel quite energized since I always think it's something important.
Old May 28th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Naps are honestly the most glorious thing to ever exist. I take them literally all the time, and hey, they at least help me pull all-nighters when necessary! It's kind of a problem since I end up sleeping during the day and crashing at usualy 4-5 AM the next morning, but I don't really mind that. I do feel that it's interfering with my normal sleep schedule, but honestly, my default sleep schedule is "sleep late, wake up early", in which that hasn't really changed much as of late. So I'm not worrying much yet.
Old May 28th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

Naps are glorious. I've always loved naps. I sleep a lot during the day on my days off.

If you have a problem with naps, we can't be friends.
Old June 5th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Paladin

Me, nap? Hogwash!
Even if I'm really tired I don't nap, otherwise I'd be awake at 4:00am.
Old June 5th, 2013, 11:37 AM
xxkaylabby
cake the cat
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
i rarely take naps. every so often i will if i'm home in the day lol.

|Pair|
|Theme|
|My Gallery|
|Friend Code|
|Trade Thread|

Old June 5th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

I only ever take what could be described as a "nap" when I have a migraine or a temperature - just to make the pain go away. In those instances when I wake up I usually feel better. But if I fall asleep travelling or something, I feel worse. Having a lie in is the same, if I've woke up early, felt tired and went back to sleep, when I wake up I feel worse. Hence waking at 8, snoozing the alarm for around 30mins, switching it off for another hour's sleep soon turns into getting up at 1pm feeling ****** and feeling ****** about myself for sleeping so long.
Old June 6th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I don't take naps. They are waste of time I need.
I sleep enough throughout the night so I'm not tired to need napping.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 16th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

The only time I take naps are when I'm reeeeeeeeeally tired from either a hard day's work or a lack of sleep from the night before. The last one I took was about 2 weeks ago; I'd taken a night bus to visit my parents, but only managed to sleep about 2 hours due to the uncomfortableness of it hence: a nap the next day! But even then, it just made me feel worse afterwards. So, I'm probably not going to take a great deal of them in the future.
Old June 16th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
i take naps more than i sleep lol as soon as i lie on couch it has a magical ability

Old June 21st, 2013, 03:52 AM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

Quote:
...well, maybe you aren't at the moment, but what are your thoughts on taking naps? Do you take naps regularly, rarely, or never?
Uhh, I rarely take naps. I only take naps when I feel really sleepy or if I am really bored and got nothing at all to do. Other than that I try not to take naps. xD

Quote:
After napping, do you expect to feel awake once when you wake up from a nap? And does napping help you feel more energized?
Um kind of. But sometimes when I wake up from naps I still feel sleepy until I lay in bed for like a few minutes then I start feeling awake and energized.
Old June 21st, 2013, 05:30 AM
nimbo
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Nature: Naughty
I can never take naps
I try, but I always end up thinking about everything that I need to do and it just stresses me out making sleep impossible.
Old June 21st, 2013, 06:53 AM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
I often take naps. I get easily tired of doing mental artistic work so taking naps is the best way to recharge my imagination juice.

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Old June 21st, 2013, 07:10 AM
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
I love naps! I usually take a two to three hour nap each day. They make me feel so much more refreshed and alert. I know a nap that's more than 20 minutes is terrible for your circadian rhythm, but I think my body has gotten used to taking such long naps that it doesn't really matter at this point. What sucks is that then the amount of time I sleep at night is much less than what normal people would get, but I guess I replace that short amount of sleep with naps during the day.
Old June 21st, 2013, 09:24 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
I dislike napping as it throws off my sleep schedule. I'd really only ever nap if I got no sleep the day before, which has only happened twice. That or if I'm sick. :(
Old June 21st, 2013, 12:16 PM
Ardos
Community Supporter

I never take naps. For some reason, I don't like to. I really don't know the reason why, but maybe like Cirno said, it messes up my sleep schedule. If I take a nap during the day, I find it hard to sleep at night.
Old June 21st, 2013, 09:59 PM
Aristocrat
mustache

I take naps all the time. They're good stress relievers for me.
Old June 21st, 2013, 10:03 PM
Aeon
Now face the avalanche

Nature: Quiet
I try to stay away from naps, regardless of how tired I am (I'll opt for going to bed early instead). They always wind up turning into going to sleep anyway.
Old June 21st, 2013, 10:19 PM
derozio
my ghost is whispering to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
I end up sleeping 3-4 hours whenever I think of taking a nap. Wanna guess what happens at night when I'm supposed to sleep?

So no. I rarely take those.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 05:31 PM
EClipZe-Chayce

Nature: Quirky
I don't take naps... I've never taken one before.
When I get sleepy, instead, I drink a big cup of coffee, and put some eye drops in my eyes, and it works in an instint.

... HOW DO YOU SPELL THAT WORD .... NJ BWNDJMW JF

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links